• Published 17th Oct 2011
  • 8,405 Views, 132 Comments

Swing - TheGentlemanCreeper



It's summertime fun and summertime love for everyone's favorite work-pony

  • ...
17
 132
 8,405

Epilogue

“Uh, Applejack? A-Are you sure this is a good idea?” you ask nervously.

“Honey-bun, we both agreed that doin’ it when everyone is present and accounted for was the best idea.”

“Well now I’m nervous!” you cry as you stamp your hoof down “They all think I’m some tourist you met on the boat home who lives here in Ponyville! Why did you even tell them that?”

Applejack gives you a stern look. “You told them that the minute you got out of the carriage. I was gonna tell them straight up then and there.”

“Oh,” you say bashfully “sorry...”

Applejack sighs heavily and opens the door. “Just go take a seat at the table. I’ll be right behind you.”

You feel all eyes go on you the minute you walk into the room, making you sweat. You were wearing your mane in braids and may have gone a little overboard on the blush and lipstick. Sitting down, you take a deep breath and remind yourself of each pony’s name so you didn’t stumble across your words when you talked to them.

Granny Smith, Apple Bloom, Big Mac, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy...

The group quickly returns to their previous conversation, so you do your best to focus on it, but can’t help but feel a little lost.

“...said he was going to ‘hang out with the boys’ while we were at dinner,” Rainbow Dash says as she nudges at her plate idly “I wonder what they’re doing right now.”

“Oh!” Pinkie Pie cries “I know! My hubby was saying how they were just gonna sit around and smoke cigars while playing poker.”

Rarity nods. “Yes, mein Schatz says that it’s a good bonding experience for them and it would help them become as good friends as we are.”

“Umm ...‘mein Schatz’? What’s that?”

“Oh, sorry Fluttershy. It’s just a little pet name I call him. Just how I’m his little fräulein,” Rarity says with a giggle.

“He hasn’t given me a pet name...” Twilight says sullenly.

“SOUP’S ON EVERYPONY!” Applejack declares as she bursts through the door, carrying a silver tray on her back.

Apple Pies, fritters, dumplings, and what looked like apple-kabobs drizzled in caramel were all laid out on the table.

“Wow, this all looks so good.” Rainbow Dash says as she grabs one of the kabobs.

“Darling, you must tell me where you learned to make this excellent drink!” Rarity declares as she takes another sip “What did you call it again?”

“Apple-hito. It’s sort like a mohito, only with hard cider. Still really good. Honey-bun here showed me how to mix it.”

“Uh... Who’s honey-bun?” Twilight asks as she puts her fritter down.

Your heart races as you realize the cat was out of the bag. Applejack takes a deep breath and goes to stand up, but you beat her to it.

“I... Kinda lied when I first met you. I wasn’t a tourist who met Applejack on the boat... And I don’t live here in Ponyville. Truth is, I met AJ a little after she got off of the boat.”

“I thought she drowned when I first met her, but it turned out she was the lifeguard there.” Applejack says as she moves to your side.

The words weren’t as easy to find as you thought. “We kinda... Well... The thing is...”

It was equally hard for Applejack as her own Grandmother stared intently at her. “We’re kinda... Sorta...”

All at once, you both find your nerve and speak up at the same time. “We’re in love.”

The table was completely silent as they stared on in disbelief.

“Uh... Wow,” Twilight says finally “I wasn’t expecting that.”

“Me neither,” Rarity says, particularly stunned.

“Wow AJ, I pegged you for a ‘ma barn door don’t swing that way’ kinda mare.” Rainbow Dash says with a tease.

A blush starts to creep across Fluttershy’s face. “Oh my...”

“Oh wowie wow wow!” Pinkie Pie cries “I didn’t know you were gay!”

Rainbow Dash swats the back of Pinkie’s head. “Hey! Lay off, Pinks!”

“What?!?” Pinkie yells in defense “It’s just that if I’d known, I woulda taken a swing at her myself.”

Rarity looks at Pinkie in surprise. “Pinkie, I didn’t know you were...”

“I’m not,” she says as she takes a bite out of her slice of pie.

“Then why did-”

Pinkie shrugs. “What can I say? I’ve always been curious.”

Big Macintosh was the next to speak up. “Well uh... Gotta say this took me by surprise... But it’s fine by me.”

“Oh wow... I had no idea everyone would take this so well,” you say with a half-hearted giggle.

All of a sudden, you feel someone grab a hold of your head and force you to look to your left. It was Granny Smith, and she was scrutinizing every inch of you. “So you were a life-guard, eh?”

“Uh... Yes ma’am,” you say uneasily.

“Do anythin’ exciting in that line of work?”

“I kicked a shark.”

Granny Smith is taken aback by your frankness of the statement, as is everypony else at the table.

“What? It was just a great white.”

Granny Smith laughs aloud now as she pats your back heavily. “I LIKE THIS ONE!”

Applejack smiles from ear to ear, so you take this as a good thing. “So... I really don’t have anywhere to stay. It’s kinda why I’ve been sleeping here... You don’t mind if I... Move in?”

“Sweet-heart, you’re more than welcome to stay,” Granny Smith says with a warm smile.

You do your best to hold back your tears in front of all of Applejack’s friends, but you find it increasingly difficult. “Thanks everyone... I had no idea you’d make me feel so welcome.”

“No problem!” Rainbow Dash says as she puts a hoof around your shoulder “So, life-guard, huh?”

“Yeah, one of the best on the beach, or so I was told.”

“Well, we don’t really have any beaches, but we gotta lake.”

Your ears perk up at this revelation. “Oh?”

“Yeah!” Twilight declares “If you’re as good a swimmer as you say you are, then you could teach some of the kids here all the basics! Maybe even CPR classes for the adults!”

“Oh my gosh, that’s a great idea!” you say giddily “I gotta go down to the lake and check it out!”

You turn to Applejack and put your hooves on her shoulders. “I’m gonna need some help getting that all set up. Can you lend me a hoof?”

“Why certainly, honey-bun,” Applejack says, her embarrassed blush finally dying down.

You plant a quick kiss on her lips, making her entire face go red again. “Thanks sweetie.”

Taking a seat back down, the festivities commence again, in higher spirits this time. Just as you are about to dig into your plate, you feel someone tug at your side. Looking down, you see Apple Bloom staring up at you.

“Uh... Yes?” you ask as you crane your neck down.

Unexpectedly, Apple Bloom grabs a hold of your neck and holds you tight. “Thank you,” she says above a whisper.

“For what?”

“Oh! Uh... You know...” she says uneasily “Fer makin’ my sister happy. Yeah, that’s it.”

“Oh... Okay. She makes me happy too, so it’s a fair trade.”

“Do... Do I have to call you ‘big sis’ now too? Or...”

You shake your head. “No, not really. I mean, if you want to, I’m fine with it.”

Apple Bloom extends a hoof. “Well then ‘big sis’, lemme be the first to officially welcome you ta Ponyville; yer new home.”

You shake her hoof, smiling all the while. “Thanks, Apple Bloom. I really do feel like I’m... home now,” you say as you grab a hold of Applejack and hug her tightly.

I’m home, you think with a content sigh I’m home and I’m loved.

Comments ( 64 )
#1 · Oct 17th, 2011 · · ·

a very good story

Beautiful story! I enjoyed reading it. Must say, I've never read a 2nd-person fic before, but I'm glad I read this. You have a lot of talent!

Allow me to correct one final typo. Applebloom's line: “Do... Do I have to call you ‘big sis’ now two? Or...” Think it's supposed to be too.

Cheers man.

Bravo good sir!

Ahahaha! Oh man, I've got this big stupid grin on my face and a warm fuzzy glow inside from just reading this.

Reminded me of watching this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU-mPOrVUYs#t=1m18s

All it needed was an 'and they all lived happily ever after' to it :)

15954
Whoa, sorry to offend. I just figured that ponies weren't exactly on top of the food chain and sharks would fall under the same category as manticores, hyrdras, and other meat eating predators, i.e. a threat. And when you've got four kids splashing frantically and (I hate to spoil it, but it helps hammer home the point) one of them bleeding, they'd seem like a good target for a great white. Once again, sorry to offend. I understand where you're coming from, so don't think I'm being callous. I appreciate and respect all forms of life.

#6 · Oct 21st, 2011 · · ·

Yeah...after venting I seem kinda obsessive....I guess you could technically bring in the sea ponies from the past seasons and talk of the sharks imprinting on the pony figure...(which would be similar enough to real life sharks and surfers (they look like seals from the bottom)) As for the great white comment, most shark attacks are actually cased by Tiger sharks and Bull sharks (or at least the ones close to shore that have turned out fatal) Also while its true that blood attracts the sharks, they are normally scared off by the big humans in the water. Anyways, I finished the story. Great as always blah blah blah. Also nice California Description! (really only downtown LA is like that. beside the occasional gang, most California Cities are fine as long as you stay out of "that area" ) But you did have a point about how violent our city can be though I would have mentioned the pollution here....(its why our sunsets are so beautiful) that's a more annoyance than the gangs most of the time. And lets see here....wow, you nailed that comment with the griffon head on! Most of the young adults here (the screwed up ones mind you, the rest of us are really nice) are even more raciest.
Anyways, great story, cant wait to see your other work when it comes out....oh and curse you for getting me into good romance stories!!!

15966
Heh, glad you liked it. And as for the sharks being scared off by big humans in the water... We're dealing with ponies, remember? I doubt ponies in Equestria kill sharks in the numbers you described and they wouldn't be scared off by a creature much smaller than them. And it's great to see that I managed to nail down some aspects of California (Coltifornia) in my fic. I was mostly going off of what Sublime sang in their songs and a little research. And what's so bad about good romance stories? :P

#8 · Oct 21st, 2011 · · ·

True, but it's more about the vibrations they make in the water. As for romance, I have nothing against it (except for twilight...stupid vampire) but I find it half disturbing that we are writing romance about ponies on a tv show. Well it's better than clop Fics... Oh right! An the other half, I am amazed that people not only have time to become a fan of the show AND write believable romance stories (though i feel your pinkie one was kinda forced). I mean just look at this crazy fandom! Half of me is proud (my little dashie, the viynal scratch tapes, etc) and the other half is horrified (cupcakes, clop Fics, grimark stuff) ah well...I guess that means we appeal to everybody? (including the sick minded...) now then....
CONFOUND YOU WRITER!! I HAVE HOMEWORK TO DO!!!!!:derpyderp1:

#9 · Oct 26th, 2011 · · ·

I'm like crying man. This one is probably my favorite yet! Keep it up brony! :pinkiehappy:

So good. Amazing job with this.

Another Great story like the other 4 :ajsmug:

I am quite curious to know if your doing stories for Fluttershy and Twilight as they're the last 2 of the Mane 6 for you to write stories for. As far as i've gathered Twilight has a "Weirdo" that she has around, although apparently sullen about him not giving her Pet name, also i do remember something about Clover which apparently is a drug of so form in this universe :applejackunsure:. As for Fluttershy all i've gathered is that she has a Writer Stallion but that's just what i remember from from a paragraph in Freudian Slip (Love the title btw :pinkiehappy:)

Can't Wait for them if they are coming though! :twilightsmile:

"I LIKE THIS ONE!"
ilaughedmorethanishouldhave.tiff

Seriously, though, Granny Smith is awesome in this series.

I loved that last line made me cry with joy it's stuff like they hug them there home there home and there loved

So .. Twi isnt called Honey-bun at all?

And Fluttershy got a letter-friend?!

.. and .. amazing story, like always! :pinkiehappy:

your works.....always....leave me speachless...and 900% happier :'D Thank you!

Y U NO HAVE 5.0!!!! U deserve one!

#17 · Nov 2nd, 2011 · · ·

I can't believe nobody's commented on this little point:

How did the CMC find their way onto that beach!? I hope the inevitable CMC story includes an explanation :P

I wonder what AJ would think if she found out the shark 'you' bucked was after her sister...

BROHOOVE YOU SEDERVE IT AND5/5 STAR'S

Hrmm... Was it this after this story that I had to read something else to read your next story, or... *Thinks* Oh well! ON TO THE NEXT STORY! ~ALLONS-Y!~

omg you are so good at writing second person fics... I love this... well on to your other stories...:ajsmug:

Just out of interest, have any of you read the bonus chapter?

I like the fact that its in a mares perspective.

A 2nd person story...

Set in a tropical setting...

With Applejack...

And the protagonist is a mare...

It's like it was made for me! :rainbowkiss:

Wait, I forgot something...

You shipped my second most favorite pony with my least favorite pony :applecry:

81148 FUCK I FORGOT! Damn it. Fuck. Shit. Tits. I missed it. Now I'm ahead of the story, and, just, FUCK! Thanks for reminding me :|

81148 Okay, just finished. Nothing to serious from the main story line, so I was really TO far ahead, but I'm going back to chapter four and post a comment so people know there's a 4.5 that contains some good stuff in there. Very nicely written. Good job you two.

103721

Nevermind my comment. I've read 'Freudian Slip'. I thought you shipped RD with Doctor Whooves...

while i did enjoy the story a lot, some of the things in here like: "somebody call 911" really took me out of it.


did enjoy it though keep it up :twilightsmile:

I enjoyed reading this story, and I will likely read it again at some point in the future.
It's nice to see a female perspective 2nd person shipfic, and I'm fairly certain this is the only one I've ever seen.
I noticed a few minor errors while reading (mostly typos), but I'll give you the full five stars for a job well done.
Looking forward to new installments of Purple Haze. Keep up the good work!

Awesome story. Favorited.

Pinkie Pie is married now? So that means so is Dash, and Twilight is with that Cloverhead. This timeline is starting to confuse me. :rainbowhuh:

293929

Wibbly wobbly, timey-wimey.

15046 I know what you mean. I have that same feeling and am grinning like an idiot.

again I love your work!

Gott ich diese Serie lieben, sind Sie ein sehr guter Schriftsteller, und haben mir ein paar kleinere "nickt", in mein neuestes Geschichte setzen, "nickt" als Referenzen, wenn das ist in Ordnung

Overall, it was what I think is your best sensual fic, love how Applejack was so innocent. However, I am in a bit of conflict with your portayal of the shark, but the thing that irritated the most was your spelling of "bury" (burry in your fic)

"Oh wowie wow wow! I didn't know you were gay!" :rainbowlaugh: Ladies and gentlemen: Pinkie pie's mastery of tact and diplomacy.

Excellent story. I enjoyed every chapter, granted this was a little odd for me myself being male, mostly I'm just happy to have found a good second person fic about Applejack. This has definitely earned its spot in my favorites. I will definitely have to look at your other fics, now.

Am I supposed to know why the CMC and another me (the colt) are on the island? Has it been covered in another story or is a sequel and explanation still on the way?

Well.

Well, well, well.

That was fantastic. I really liked this fiction.

Definitely a new perspective to see things from, and not in a bad way at all. :ajsmug:

few grammatical errors but nothing that detracted from the story.

This being the second fiction of yours I have read I think I like it better than your RDxDoc one. so, this takes its place as my favorite.

Well.

Well, well, well.

That was fantastic. I really liked this fiction.

Definitely a new perspective to see things from, and not in a bad way at all. :ajsmug:

few grammatical errors but nothing that detracted from the story.

This being the second fiction of yours I have read I think I like it better than your RDxDoc one. so, this takes its place as my favorite.

109099 wait, you do you dislike? RD or Whooves?

I have the silliest grin on my face right now :pinkiehappy:
I loved this story!
-Glassed

100th comment! :yay: Lol, anyways, all silliness aside, this story was AMAZING! Now I have to finally get around to reading the rest of your stories... dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_Rainbow_dealwithit.png

I love it :twilightsmile:
Is there anymore like this ? Perspective of a mare :derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment