• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 1,426 Views, 24 Comments

A Dream Come True 2 - Will Atkinson



It's been a year when Chris, Twilight, Mark, and Applejack got married and now they have return to cantralot with their children

  • ...
23
 24
 1,426

Chapter 2

A Dream Come True 2
By: Will Atkinson

Chapter 2

Canterlot Castle
Twelve years later.

It has been twelve years since Chris, Twilight, Mark, Applejack, and Spike took the children to Canterlot to protect them from Shadowflames and thanks to Shining Armor's magic he put a magical barrier around the castle the same barrier he used during his and Cadence's wedding. It was another day at the castle but something was missing a curtain young pegasus and Applejack was looking around the castle for him.

"Oh for the love of apples where is that child of mine at?" Applejack asked herself as she looked all over the palace for her child Appleheart.

As she was looking all over the palace she noticed Starynight playing in the hallway with one of the Celestial guards.

"Auntie Applejack." Starynight said running up to her and hugging her neck.

"Hey there kiddo do you know where Appleheart is?" Asked Applejack.

Starynight looked at Applejack and then said to her aunt.

"I'm sorry auntie Applejack the last time I seen him was in his room."

*Sigh* "It's ok sugarcube I'll just keep on looking but if you see him come get me."

Starynight smiled at her auntie and said.

"Ok auntie Applejack bye."

And with that Applejack set off to keep looking for Appleheart. Next she went to the royal kitchen there she saw the chef putting the finishing touches of Starynight and Appleheart's birthday cake.

"Hey Chef Andre Hooves have you seen Appleheart anywhere?"

Chef Andre looked at the farm pony and just shook his head.

"I'm sorry madam but I haven't seen him anywhere but his and little Starynight's cake has twelve protégé candles."

Applejack just smiled at him.

"Ok then chef I'll just go and see if the princesses has seen him."

"Very well miss Apple see you soon."

After that Applejack went to see the princesses. When she got there she was stopped by two of the royal guards.

"Halt who goes there?" Asked one of them.

"I'm sorry it's Applejack and I was wondering if I could talk to the princesses to see if they saw my son Appleheart anywhere?"

The guards looked at one another and back at Applejack.

"Very well miss Applejack you can see the princesses."

Then the royal guards opened the throne room doors and Applejack went inside.

"Ah Applejack it's so good to see you and what brings you here on this fine day?" Asked Celestia.

"Well princesses I came here to see if you knew where Appleheart is?"

Just then Luna stepped forward.

"Oh our dear Applejack of course we know where little Appleheart is. He is with Starlight outside in the royal gardens oh and they are also with Chris and Mark."

"Oh thank you princesses."

And with that Applejack gave a quick bow and set off to the royal gardens. Meanwhile in the royal gardens Appleheart and Starlight along with Chris and Mark were picking flowers.

"Hey dad and uncle Chris will mom and auntie Twilight will love these flowers?" Appleheart asked.

Chris and Mark looked at the flowers and smiled.

"Of course son I'm sure that mom and Twilight will love them." Said Mark.

"That's right kiddo now why don't you stay here with Starlight and pick some more flowers for them and we will put the ones that you found in a vase?" Asked Chris.

Appleheart looked at his uncle and smiled.

"Ok uncle Chris."

And with that he and Starlight went to fine some more flowers for Applejack and Twilight. As Appleheart and Starlight was looking for some more flowers for Applejack and Twilight. Starlight could see that the little pegasus looked troubled.

"Appleheart what's wrong?" She asked.

Appleheart snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Starlight.

"Oh it's nothing Starlight I'm fine."

But Starlight knew that Appleheart was not fine.

"Child listen I know that there is something troubling you so please talk to me."

Appleheart sighed and then looked back up at Starlight.

"Ok Starlight it's like this. How come dad, uncle Chris, auntie Twilight, and Starynight are alicorns and I am not?" He asked.

Starlight looked at Appleheart and saw that he felt left out so she walked to him and hugged him.

"Oh sweet heart I'm sorry you felt left out but if it makes you feel better your mother isn't an alicorn."

"I know Starlight but all my life I dreamt of being an alicorn so I can fly and use magic."

Just then they heard Applejack in the distance.

"Appleheart, Appleheart where are you?"

"We're over here Applejack." Said Starlight.

A few seconds later Applejack saw Appleheart and Starlight in the middle of the royal gardens.

"Hi mom."

"Hello my child are you having fun with Starlight?" Applejack asked.

"Yes I am mom I even got some flowers for you and for auntie Twilight."

"Awwww well that is very generous of you to do that for me and for Twilight now I know why me and your dad decided to name you Appleheart."

"Thank you mom."Appleheart said with a big smile on his face.

"Well come on son it's time that we get you ready for yours and Starynight's birthday party."

As Applejack said this Appleheart jumped up and down and rushed passed his mother to the castle. When Appleheart left Applejack and Starlight looked at each other and laughed. But meanwhile in the land of the dragons Shadowflames was trying to turn Blackfangs into his grown up dragon form.

"Don't worry Blackfangs this time I know I've got it right." He said.

But Blackfangs just looked at his master and shook his head and said.

"That's what you said the last time and I was sore for two weeks."

"Oh just stop your complaining and just hold still."

"Oh man this is gonna hurt and I don't mean that in a good way."

Just then Shadowflames' horn started to glow green and then he fired the beam of energy at Blackfangs. As the beam of green energy hit the black dragon he started to change back to his grown up form.

"Yes, yes it's working." Shadowflames cheered.

Just then Blackfangs started to feel strange.

"Uh Oh." He said.

Suddenly there was a quick flash of white light and when it dimmed Shadowflames didn't see the dragon but he did see a black pony mare with a scowl on her face. With a growl Shadowflames fired up his horn again this time it went to a reddish glow and then he fired the beam of energy at Blackfangs again and this time the black dragon was turn into a butterfly. With a face hoof Shadowflames continued to try to get Blackfangs to normal so he fired up his horn one last time and this time his horn glowed a pure black color and then fired at the now Blackfangs butterfly. Then as the dark magical energy made contact to Blackfangs he turned back into a baby dragon much to the dismay of Shadowflames, then with a sigh he said.

"Oh it's just no use Celestia's magic is just too powerful for me to over come."

Then he slumped down in his thrown made by dead dragon parts. As for Blackfangs, he turn around with his arms crossed and said in a quiet voice thinking that Shadowflames wouldn't hear him.

"I bet Sombra could've done it better."

Just then Shadowflames raised up his head and turned around and said in his big deep voice.

"What was that you said Blackfangs?"

"Nothing boss I'm just saying...."

Blackfangs never got to finish is sentence cause suddenly Shadowflames levitated a stone statue and threw it at the black dragon but Blackfangs dodged it just in time as the statue shattered in to smithereens as it hit the wall right be hind him and then Shadowflames shouted at the black dragon.

"STOP CRITICIZING ME, THAT'S ALL MY FATHER DID WAS CRITICIZE ME, I MEAN IT WAS ALWAYS SOMBRA THIS, OR SOMBRA THAT, OR SHADOWFLAMES WHY COULDN'T YOU BE MORE LIKE YOUR BROTHER SOMBRA!!!!" Shadowflames shouted as he fired an energy beam at a picture of Sombra and destroyed it.

"WELL IT'S NOT SOMBRA'S FAULT THAT I WAS TURNED INTO A BABY DRAGON AGAIN IT'S YOURS!!" Shouted Blackfangs

"IT IS NOT!!!!"

"OH YES IT IS AND IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT WE HAD TO HIDE OUT HERE FOR TWELVE BUCKING YEARS."

"IT IS NOT!!!!"

"OH AND THAT'S NOT ALL IT"S ALSO YOUR FAULT THAT YOU SAID WE WOULD NEVER SHOW ARE FACES IN SOCIETY AGAIN."

After hearing that, Shadowflames went up to him and went nose to nose with the black dragon.

"You know what your really pushing it small fry."

As the two glared at each other a dim light shown right next to them, they looked and saw that it was Shadowflames crystal ball. When they looked at it, it was showing an image of Applejack, Mark, Chris, and Twilight getting their children ready for their birthday party.

"Well, well, well Blackfangs look what we have here?" Shadowflames asked.

"Hey those are the young brats that you were trying to feed me." Said Blackfangs.

Then Shadowflames put a hoof on the black dragons mouth.

"Shhhh listen you fool." Said the unicorn as Appleheart started to talk into the crystal.

"And that's the whole story." Appleheart side.

"I see but son why in Equestria would you want to be an alicorn when you are still immortal?" Asked Mark.

"I know I'm immortal dad but I just want to know what it's like to use magic and I wanted the ponies that teased me to respect me."

"Oh cousin you don't have to be an alicorn to please other ponies just be yourself and we all love you just the way you are." Said Starynight.

Appleheart looked at Starynight and smiled.

"Yeah your right cousin I guess, I guess I never gave it any thought."

Just then Twilight came up to the little pegasus and put a hoof on his shoulders.

"Hey listen little guy I know that someponies are mean to other ponies but if you just don't let their teasing get to you then they will leave you alone."

With those words Appleheart hugged his aunt and cried.

*Sniff* "Th....thank you a....auntie Twi....Twilight."

Twilight just looked at the crying pegasus and smiled.

"Your welcome Appleheart."

Just then the images in the crystal disappeared.

"So that little runt of a pegasus wants to be a alicorn huh? Well then let's give it to him."

After hearing what his master just said Blackfangs looked at him in disbelief.

"What, what are you saying master?"

"Think of it Blackfangs. Do you remember the legend of the book of shadows?"

"Well yes I do but what's that have to do with it?"

Just then the black dragon's eyes went wide.

"Oh now I see what your saying."

Shadowflames then nodded at him.

"Yes my dragon friend the only way that we can get that book is if an innocent child can get it for us." Said Shadowflames with an evil grin on his muzzle, then he pulled Blackfangs closer to him and said.

"Now Blackfangs listen up I want you to go to Canterlot Castle and wait for Appleheart to come out and then you bring him to me."

"Yes I understand master but if I know the princesses they probably have a magical barrier on the castle so no evil ponies or monsters can get in."

"Yes I know. Well then just wait until he comes out of the barrier himself."

Then Blackfangs bowed at Shadowflames and said.

"Yes master and when we get that book we will be the most powerful beings on Equestria."

And with that the black dragon set off for Canterlot Castle. As soon as Blackfangs left Shadowflames turned to his crystal and made it reveal Appleheart again.

"Don't worry Appleheart I will make your dream come true and then when I do and when I get that book I will destroy you and your family too HAHAHAHAAHA!!!!"

And with that he vanished in a cloud smoke.

Canterlot Castle
That night.

"Well this is it everypony." Said Twilight.

"Yeah it's mine and Appleheart's birthday." Said Starynight.

"Yeah and I can't believe that we are twelve years old." Said Appleheart.

Just then the four ponies and one dragon saw some familiar faces at the entrance to the ball room.

"Well I don't believe it." Said Spike.

"Hey there Twilight, Chris, Starynight, Mark, Applejack, Appleheart, and Spike." Said Fluttershy.

"HA Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie pie you guys made it." Said Chris.

"But of course darling we would've missed our niece and nephew's birthday party and we also brought our fiancés." Said Rarity.

As soon as Rarity said that everypony started to cheer for them everypony except for Spike.

"Hey guys I'm going to see if they need help in the ballroom." Said Spike.

"Ok Spike see you in there." said Twilight.

And with that Spike headed in the ballroom but not before he shed a small tear that no pony noticed excepted for Chris.

"Hey Rarity can I talk to you in private please?" Asked Chris.

"Ok Chris we'll be right back guys." Said Rarity.

After that Rarity and Chris went to one of the rooms in the place to talk.

"Rarity we need to talk about Spike."

When Rarity heard this she was shocked.

"Why Chris is there something wrong with my little Spikey Wikey?" She Asked.

"No its not that I just want to know if you were leading him on all these years."

Now Rarity knew what this was about."

"No Chris I never meant to lead him on like I did and when I found my special somepony I wrote him a letter saying how sorry I was."

"I see, man I wish we could make him happy again."

The two ponies thought for a moment then Rarity got an idea.

"Hey I've got it."

"What, what do you have in mind Rarity?" Asked Chris.

"Well I know somepony who has a crush on little Spikey Wikey."

"Really who?" Asked Chris.

"My sister Sweetie Bell."

When Chris heard this he jumped.

"Sweetie Bell really?"

"Yes really you see two months ago I heard Sweetie bell crying in her room and I was about to see what was the mater until I heard her say this."

The Carousel Boutique
Two months ago.

Rarity was finishing up a dress for an important client until she heard somepony crying.

("Sweetie Bell? I wonder why she's crying?") She asked herself.

She decided to go up to Sweetie Bell's room and see what was wrong. As Rarity came closer to Sweetie Bell's room she could hear her sisters crying getting louder and louder. And when she got to her room she was about to go in until she heard her talking to herself.

"Oh Spike I wish I could be with you at Canterlot and tell you how I feel about you but when I come to the ball two months from now I will tell you how I feel and maybe we can be together forever."

With that she put the picture of Spike up on her desk right beside her bed and went unhappily to sleep.

Canterlot Castle
present time.

"And then after that I went back down stairs and finished my work for my special client but I still was sad to hear my little sister crying like that."

After Rarity had finished Chris had his mouth on the floor.

"Wow I had no idea. We have got to get those two together."

"Oh yes I do agree darling but how do we do it?" Asked Rarity.

"Now you just leave that up to me." Said Chris.

"What are you gonna do Chris?"

"Well I'm gonna go in the ballroom and tell him that Sweetie Bell loves him, then I'll tell him that when a slow song comes on go up to her and ask her to dance and then we'll see what happens then."

Rarity looked a Chris and nodded.

"Ok then let's go and put my plain into action." Said Chris.

And with that they set of to the ballroom to rejoin their friends and family.