• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 4,786 Views, 146 Comments

Fluttershy's Mansion: Dark Moon - Shazam 25



Months after Fluttershy caught the Ghost of Nightmare Moon and save her freinds, she start ghost hunting again.

  • ...
5
 146
 4,786

Treacherous Mansion Part 4 Mini-Boss

As Ghost Studies talk to the Princesses on how to get Fluttershy in the train model, Fluttershy sat with her friends to think on how she was going to catch Nightmare Moon.

"So, You think Nightmare Moon will try to use the giant Discord again?" Rainbow ask.

"I don't think so Rainbow Dash.", Applejack answer, "Fluttershy already ready knows how to beat it and think on how she almost beat us."

"True, our first meeting is when she and Luna were one and she didn't expect us to be the Elements of Harmony." Rarity agree.

"Yeah! Plus she try to trick Fluttershy in winning a free mansion and caught almost off of us." Pinkie said stating for the time they were in a fake mansion only to be caught by Nightmare Moon and save by Fluttershy.

"Well, I hope I can just get in find Twilight and get out before she catches me." Fluttershy said stating that she wasn't ready to fight Nightmare Moon...yet.

Then Ghost Studies turn to them and said, "Well, it wasn't easy, but the Princesses should be able to transport you inside the model in the Train Exhibit."

Fluttershy should up and ask, "And is Twilight still there?"

"From what we can tell, yes." Celestia said.

"I also still have that HUGE signal from the Mansion and the only one I can think of that belongs to is Nightmare Moon. So far she hasn't move. I bet she up to something major-probably evil-which is a perfect time to strike!" Ghost Studies said.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Rainbow ask.

"What he means is my other self will not see Fluttershy coming and she can catch her with her guard down. With her out of the way, Dark Moon Valley will be restore in no time." Luna answer for Ghost Studies.

"Yes, Quiet so. This is a one in a lifetime chance, Fluttershy. So save Twilight and catch Nightmare Moon while you at it." Ghost Studies said.

"Good Luck Fluttershy." Apple Jack said.

"You can do it!" Pinkie said happily.

"Do be careful Dear." Rarity added.

"Yeah, you be back before you know it!" Rainbow said as well.

"Thanks girls. I'll do my best." Fluttershy said and step up to the Princesses.

"Fluttershy, You had done well so far. Remember, Be brave and save Dark Moon Valley." Celestia said.

"And don't forget to look for the Dark Moon piece after words. The Valley will not be normal until the Dark Moon is fix." Luna added.

Fluttershy nods and was sent to the Mansion again, unknowing she fell for a trap.


The scene opens up to a tiny camera found inside the miniature train model, as it magically allowed for Fluttershy to appear.

"Wooh, wooh!" Fluttershy yelped upon her first entry to landing on her two back hooves before standing up straight.

"Oh, what do you know? I'm here, I'm not fallen on my flank, and...I'm actually in the miniature model train area?" She looked at herself before looking around in seeing...she was indeed, in the model train from the Train Exhibit.

"Ehhh, better get my flashlight out." She felt a bit nervous, seeing the area was kinda dark for when the room outside was lit up, as she brought the vacuum with the light before her.

Now what Fluttershy noticed was that she was inside the miniature train model set, but from the stand of balloons to her right, there was a train with just one problem, no train to pull the cart cages apparently.

"Maybe Twilight is behind the train, I'll have to fix it so it'll move away?" Fluttershy issued what she could best determine in her mind.

So from her personal experience, the pony used her Dark-Light to shine at the spot, where some Spirit Orbs appeared that tried to conceal the train in question. After sucking up those troublesome little spirits, did the toy train front appear with a strange spinning nose-cone? During the entire moment, the engine sound was heard, smoke was blowing from its smoke top even from being invisible. Now with the train finally appeared before the pony, it let off a whistle noise, as it started to get moving now. Course as it was moving, it ended up popping the balloons in front with its sharp-nose cone spiral thing.

"Hmmm? Now where would Twilight be?" Fluttershy rubbed her back head in being unsure what to do now, her search so far isn't showing much progress after coming into the toy train model? "Hooh!?" She looked upwards at the train, almost like she saw something.

As the toy train was moving along, once the last cage cart pass over, what appeared was not much of what the pony was seeking, it was...a Shadowbolt!

"Mwahahaha! Looking for somepony?" The Shadowbolt cackled off laughing to rise up to hover in the air, in seeing Fluttershy's expression of not finding her missing friend Twilight with the train moved aside.

"You!...Wha...What happened to Twilight and...Nightmare Moon's Ghost?" Fluttershy yelped in seeing the loyal ghost under Nightmare Moon was here, but not the master...or the other missing pony in a portrait.

"Hehe, that's a secret, you wanna know, you have to catch me to tell." The Shadowbolt laugh off to say this to the pony.

"Hugh, not to be rude, but I'm just about use to finding & catching you Shadowbolts." Fluttershy sighed before stating a fact that she's not too worried about facing one lonely Shadowbolt.

"One at a time, yes...however..." The Shadowbolt here spoke in showing a sly sneaker expression, as if challenging that fact by the pegasus.

Suddenly without warning, from a few popping effects of smoke, what came around the one Shadowbolt, was companied by...MORE Shadowbolts that hovered near him!

"Ahahahaha, what about this number?" The lead Shadowbolt cackled off in wanting to see the pony's look at these odds.

"HAaugh!" Fluttershy squealed backwards in shock, there was even more Shadowbolts then just one, not good.

"Aaahhh, more of you? Oh no, I have to work fast?" Fluttershy waved her hooves up in seeing that more then one Shadowbolt in the room is never a good thing, from what she last remembered what happened when this many were together

"Wohohohaaughh..." Fluttershy was so spooked out and a bit shaky, she tried to bring her Ghost Seeker vacuum with the light out, but...

"Shadowbolts...UNIT!" The lead Shadowbolt held out his open hooves to await, as the others...started to come to him.

From a glowing effect, and from a few sounds of the other Shadowbolts, males or females, entered to make this center opponent glow and grow...

"Ahhhh-nooo?" Fluttershy yelped in witnessing this familiar trait, when Shadowbolts by a large number gather to merge together, they can grow larger to become...a more powerful ghost to tend to.

"URRraughhh..." The Shadowbolt in the center glowy effect, was growing with each other Shadowbolt merging with him to get bigger & bigger until...

"Ah-haah!" He cheered from when the glowing stopped, and now he was really big, about as big like...imaging Applejack's big brother; Big Macintosh, only five times more in height & width; like facing a giant pony behemoth.

"I may not be the queen, but I sure am BIG!" He issued off to say with a very 'big' sounding tough voice then before.

"Big enough to crush you!" He issued that even if he's not like Nightmare Moon, he'll be strong enough to defeat the pony ghost that dared to hunt their kind & queen from the past.

"Ah-hahaha-haah...now you face BIIIIG SHADOWBOOOLT!" He let off a loud cackle as he hovered in the air to approach the frighten pony, with his ferocious big might!

"Oh dear?" Fluttershy yelped in seeing she has to face an opponent like from her previous ghost hunting at the mansion she owned that was a trapped by Nightmare Moon, now she has to face this new behemoth monster.

So without much to do, the pony had to get some distance from Big Shadowbolt, as he jumped up to almost stomp where Fluttershy was. During the moment, sounds of a carnival music was heard while the toy train continued to move & it's cone-nose...was glowing with a spiral appeal to it, strange?

Fluttershy didn't have time to think on that because the Big Shadowbolt was trying to stomp on her again. Fluttershy ran around the area stay one step ahead of the Big Shadowbolt as it stomp the ground. After the third stomp it was daze and Fluttershy suck up it tail. She guess that she has to make the Big Shadowbolt hit the train and pull back until her bars were full and let yank back. But when it hit the train, he just boucle off.

"HAHAHA! You're going to have to do better than that!" He laugh.

Fluttershy mind race as she try to remember how she beat this Shadowbolt ghost before. She remember that she bust the Big Shadowbolt by making it hit the icy unicorn on the look-alike battlefield on Rarity House. Maybe the cone-nose on the toy train does that too? There was only one way to find out and that was to have the Big Shadowbolt hit the nose.

The Big Shadowbolt try to stomp Fluttershy again, but she was to quick for it. After getting daze the third time, Fluttershy suck up it tail and aim right at the train nose and yank back. The Shadowbolt went in front of the train and the nose went in him. That train stop, but try to push on until the Big Shadowbolt pop into smaller ones. Fluttershy watch as the carts open and quickly knew what that means. She suck up the close one and aim at one of the open carts. The train started move again, but Fluttershy was able to get the Shadowbolt in. The others recover and disappear. Fluttershy shine her Dark-Light and was able to stun a few, but at the same time she had to dodge attack from the ones that was not stun. Fluttershy was able to get other one in the cart before the remaining reform back into the Big Shadowbolt.

It land on the ground and drag his hoof on the ground, showing that he was going to charge at her. Fluttershy ran out of the way and he charge and hit the train. Fluttershy suck up his tail and aim at the cone-nose again. Then yank back and the Shadowbolt hit the nose again and pop back into the smaller one. Fluttershy was able to get two in before they disappear. She was unable to get more in until they reform. She was starting to have trouble fighting many Shadowbolts at once, but she knew she could give up. She dodge it charge again and suck up it tail when he was daze. Fluttershy aim at the nose and yank back. It pop into smaller ones and this time got only one in before they disappear and reform quickly.

Fluttershy could now see that he was getting smaller and faster, just like before. It try to stomp her again, but Fluttershy move before it could land on her. Once it was daze, Fluttershy suck up it tail and aim at the cone nose and yank back. It hit the nose and pop back into the smaller ones again. Again Fluttershy was only able to get one in after the rest disappear and then reform after a few seconds.

He charge at Fluttershy again and she flew over him this time and he hit the train. He was daze and Fluttershy once again suck up his tail and aim at the cone and yank back and he bust into the smaller ones. Fluttershy was able to count this time and saw she just had to get four more and the fight will be over. She got one in as the other disappear and shine her Dark-Light to stun the ones she could find. She got another one in and just stun a third one went it and the last reform into the Big Shadowbolt.

It was able to hit Fluttershy with a stomp that she barely dove out of the way and didn't get time to dodge it charge. She was able to dodge the Stomps the second time and aim the daze Shadowbolt at the cone on the train. She yank back and the last two bust apart. Fluttershy able to second to last one in and look around for the real last one.

The last ghost remains, if the pony can imprison this one in the only open cage cart, this battle will be over? But can she do it?

"Why resist the fact? Our queen is far more powerful then last time you face her?", The last Shadowbolt spoke from its invisibility, toying with the pony to not know where it will strike, "Give up little pony, your delusional to think that a frighten, cowardly, shy creature like you that flinches at the slightest 'boo', can stop our queen from making everything and all...her Eternal Night!"

Fluttershy was in deep thought in hearing all this, all while the hidden ghost was making a blue glow to attack the distracted Fluttershy from behind.

"I maybe afraid...I maybe scared, but..." Fluttershy slowly spoke each word, grip the vacuum with the flash light before...

"I won't let that stop me from stopping Nightmare Moon & finding my friend!" She declared out her determination, and flash her Dark-Light at full force at the attacker, making him cease to feel daze.

Finally, Fluttershy managed to make the last Shadowbolt appear with her Dark-Light, and tried to use her vacuum to pull it back enough. And with the right moment, aimed carefully at the last open cage before letting it rip!

"NOooouuaagghhh!" The last Shadowbolt cried out as it was shot, and then smack right in the last cage cart passing by on the train. Now all the Shadowbolts were captured.

"Yes!" Fluttershy pumped her right hoof while some light brighten the room, she defeated this miniature boss fight.

Fluttershy heard her Ghost Looker theme play and she answer it, "Hello?"

"Fluttershy! That was not Nightmare Moon! We try to ambush her, but instead we got ambush ourselves." Ghost Studies said.

"Yes, I was wondering why it look so easy. I mean, Nightmare Moon showing me Twilight to bring me here? She must really what me out of the way." Fluttershy said thinking about it.

"Darn! We were so close! Any sign of Twilight?" Rainbow said then ask.

"Not yet, but I think she in here some where." Fluttershy said looking up and around.

"Well, we'll give you a few minutes to look, If you don't find her then we'll bring you back." Ghost Studies said.

"Thanks, and don't worry about the Shadowbolts Ghosts. They won't be getting in the way." Fluttershy said as she turn to the train that held all of the Shadowbolts. Some were trying to get out. but they couldn't get free.

Fluttershy hang up her Ghost Looker and look at the train holding the Shadowbolts.

"Few...this may not have been like the Possessor's, but this certainly was like a Mini-Boss battle, as Pinkie Pie would say?" Fluttershy wiped off the sweat from her forehead, this battle was a close calling.

"But oh well. Haaha!" Fluttershy clapped her hooves to cheer, turned to see the train with the imprisoned Shadowbolts, made her left hoof pull down like she was a conductor making the whistle blow. "Yes! Yes!" After doing a conductor impression, she started to 'chug' backwards, like a train, cheering in her moment. Then she did a fly move spiral in the air, then pointed her hooves out in finishing the performance, she truly did a fantastic work here.

At this moment, Fluttershy looked around her surroundings after overcoming that last situation she had with caution on her face.

"Uph!" Fluttershy suddenly yelped from when she looked to her left side, she spotted much to her surprise shock what was...a portrait that was on the ground facing up to show the image...of the trapped Twilight Sparkle.

Acting quickly, Fluttershy rushed over to the portrait of Twilight in the portrait.

"Oh my, yowoo, Twilight?" Fluttershy called out to her friend in the portrait, she was nervous, even to be knocking on the base of the frame in hoping she hear something.

"Hello, Twilight, can you hear me?" Fluttershy stepped back to wave back in wanting something, anything for Twilight to respond to her callings, but...got zip.

"Hang on, this should help! It'll be...hugh?" As the pony used her Dark-Light, something was wrong, the portrait glowed, but Twilight's image didn't move...something was wrong before the girl stopped flashing her light.

"Oh my, you may have been in there 'too' long? Last time, I saw you could move before being solid, what if...I'm too late?" Fluttershy dropped her hooves down in fearing the worst from seeing this, she can't free her friend like the others. But unannounced to her, she knocked her device to be open & active.

Fluttershy sat down and being to think, but she couldn't come up with anything that will free Twilight, feel like Twilight was stuck in there forever now.

Fluttershy felt lost now, the last time Twilight Sparkle was turned into a portrait, like those Picture Frame Ghost from her last adventure, they used a gizmo from Ghost Studies to undo things, but...with all that's happen, was it possible that if a pony that got turn into a trapped picture work a second time, can be freed by the same manner or not?

"Fluttershy, can you hear us!" Ghost Studies' voice was heard from the device.

"Those voices?" Fluttershy snap to look down at her dropped device.

"Fluttershy, have you found something?" Rainbow Dash's voice also caught the pony's attention.

"Well, I've managed to find Twilight, but..." Fluttershy spoke with a sorrow look, but...

"You got Twilight, then hurry up and free her!" Spike's voice responded in hearing this news, they can free their last friend now.

"But I'm afraid this will not work like before. I remember that last time, Twilight was free from this state, but...what if the conditions of being trapped again make it impossible to reverse? What if this was stronger then last time?" Fluttershy spoke in sounding a bit in defeat now.

"You think dat's even remotely possible, professor?" Applejack's voice asked off to the doc in question.

"Not sure, this is Twilight's second time of being a portrait, we freed the CMC, Spike, and all of Fluttershy's friends from last time, but..." Ghost Studies responded in being unsure since the case of the enemy itself, is more powerful then last time.

"Wait, you're not saying...she can't un-undo this work?!" Pinkie Pie asked off shock in hearing this.

"Give me time to do math! I can't think under such tense pressure!" Ghost Studies requested from being push down by so many request at once.

Fluttershy was close to just giving up, or so it almost seemed...

"Fluttershy, remember how'd ya saved me!" Apple Bloom's voice called out from the device in recalling an event.

"And how you didn't want us to be stuck where we were." Sweetie Belle's voice also pointed out something important of the pony.

"Yah, you didn't think you couldn't free us, you just did!" Scootaloo's voice issued how the pegasus just did something without questioning it.

"My cous & friends are right, you got us free, what's to say you can't do it again for your other friend." Babs Seed issued that Fluttershy did her saving of the CMC & Spike, so there's nothing stopping from freeing Twilight.

"You...you all really think I can do it?" Fluttershy asked off surprise, do the CMC have such fate she can do this even when it looked like she couldn't.

"Of course!" The four CMC responded in union agreement there.

"Fluttershy, we have confidence that you can free Twilight." Celestia's voice was heard in assuring, the shy pegasus of her belief.

"Yes, the method maybe different, but the results will be the same." Luna's voice quoted that the pony can do the task, even under such different measures.

"Come on Fluttershy, do it for us! Do it for Equestria's sake! Do it for the Friendship you have! You don't wanna lose it, do you?" Spike's voice pleaded for Fluttershy to not quit, what would her friendship with Twilight be then.

"No...no I don't? I won't!" Fluttershy spoke determine, she picked up her device to put it away after that encouraged pep-talk.

"I got it now! Yes! I'll do it!" Fluttershy responded to grab the nozzle of the vacuum of the Ghost Seeker, and gets to work.

As Fluttershy now slowly uses the Dark-Light with all its focus on Twilight's portrait. It begins to glow again, showing signs of life, the pony now looks to be coming out...but some hold of portrait's work, seem to keep Twilight in, most likely Nightmare Moon still held power to keep the pony permanently trapped. Fluttershy saw that she didn't wanna risk losing her friend with being so close, so she decided to keep at this...even overheating the Dark-Light. The upgrades to the Dark-Light made it last long as it could, but steam was showing, almost about to burn out, but Fluttershy had to keep trying. She yelped from feeling a burn mark happening on her hooves, but she ignored to endure while continuing, just a little more...a little more...and she'll be done...

Finally before the Dark-Light could have popped out from so much energy being feed to its use, Twilight's body was emerging and...she fell out.

"Wha-Waaugh!" Twilight yelped from falling forward, landing a bit on her front on the floor before Fluttershy.

"Twilight?" Fluttershy spoke in feeling almost anxious, did it work, was this Twilight free & not a ghost trap?

"Ohhh, my aching head?" Twilight moans to push herself up, feeling a bit awful from what happened to her.

"Ah, Fluttershy!" The unicorn smiled in seeing her pegasus friend was here.

"Oh Fluttershy, you saved me!" The pony exclaimed her happy gratitude by getting up to shake Fluttershy's hoof which the pegasus had a cheeky smile in being honored to hear she did well.

"Ah-ha, I did it?" Fluttershy responded a bit stump to hear, she actually did the impossible here?

"Way to go!" Twilight responded in finishing the hoof-shake, her friend really helped to free her despite it being more tougher then the others, but Fluttershy never gave up.

"Ah shucks..." Fluttershy blushed a bit in being too overwhelm by such kind compliments.

"I can definitely know way fillies say you're number one for something in ghost hunting, other then caring for animals." Twilight pointed out in seeing how Fluttershy is the best here, number one for ghost hunting & saving friends.

Then her Ghost Look theme play again and Fluttershy answer it, "Hello?"

"Fluttershy, we couldn't wait. Did you get her out?" Ghost Studies ask.

"Why don't you ask her yourself?" Fluttershy said as Twilight step next to her.

"TWILIGHT!" All her friends shouted and cover the screen.

The CMC's laughs were heard in the background as Spike said, "One at a time!"

"Spike? What are you doing there?" Twilight ask once the others back away.

"Long story. I'll tell you went you get here." Spike said.

"Yes, Okay Princesses bring them back." Ghost Studies said and the view turn off.

Twilight turn to Fluttershy and said, "Again, Thanks for saving me, Fluttershy. I couldn't believe Nightmare Moon was back."

"Me ether, All of us were surprise to see her return and to discover she was the one behind everything." Fluttershy said.

"Well, Now that I'm out of that portrait. I can be more of a help. By the way...How much did I miss?" Twilight said then ask.

"I'll tell you when we get out of here." Fluttershy said before she and Twilight where send back to the Shack.


Fluttershy and Twilight appear back in the Shack. Twilight fell on her flank as Fluttershy floated down.

"I thought you couldn't use your wings with the Ghost Seeker 5000 on?" Twilight ask.

"Well, I made some upgrades to it that allows Fluttershy to fly with it on." Ghost Studies answer for her.

Then the rest of the Mane Six jump on Twilight and hug her.

"Welcome back Twilight!" Pinkie said.

"You had us worry sick Dear." Rarity said.

"Yeah, Now, we are together again." Apple Jack said.

"Fluttershy...you...are...AWESOME!"Rainbow shouted.

Fluttershy blush. She still was not going to get use to all the pride she was getting from her friends. Celestia and Luna then step up.

"You did well Fluttershy, but don't forget it not over yet." Celestia said before reminding them that it wasn't over yet.

"Yes, Fluttershy may have got out of that trap, but who can say my other self is plan next." Luna added.

"And don't worry about the Shadowbolts you found Fluttershy. I had the Princesses send them a trip to the vault. HAHAHAHA! Suckers!" Ghost Studies said then laugh.

The rest laugh with him. They wish they could see their faces when they were send to the vault. The group was reform but it was far from over. The last Dark Moon piece was somewhere in the mansion and Nightmare Moon was still there as well. What ever she up to, Fluttershy will stop her, but first, she just wants to enjoy this reunion.

Author's Note:

TA! DA! I had Twilight be rescue early! I bet you didn't see that coming. V.K. was the one to give me the scenes before and after the fight of the Big Shadowbolt and the Scene of Twilight being save early. I did the fight scene with the Big Shadowbolt. So the ending will be a little different, but first I got to do that portal mission before Twilight helps out with the last Dark Moon Piece and does the last Bonus Mission.