• Published 17th Mar 2012
  • 13,397 Views, 437 Comments

Devil hunter among Ponies - Dusk Stalker



DMC/MLP Crossover, Dante winds up in Equestria after getting caught by a little surprise on his current job. At the same time an evil before Celestia was born starts to seethe back into Equestria.

  • ...
43
 437
 13,397

Mission 9: Reunion

Authors Notice: Down to the wire here and about two chapters away till I am back where I started, I am getting so excited that I am pumping them out so fast :) Time to take em down! ONWARD!

Dante was still frozen, not even budging to get his guns, the fact that his own brother was standing right in front of him ready to fight Dreadwing. The others seemed shocked to see someone like Dante appeared out of nowhere and to make matters more tense and worse, he was right next to Luna who was looking towards her sister, the gaze that came from Celestia was almost hot enough to cut steel, it wasn't out of anger or worriment, but of disappointment as she immediately teleported her right next to her, but more surprise then the mane six and the princess was Dreadwing as he froze in fear and anger, "The second Son of Sparda is alive!?!" So much was dancing around Dreadwing's mind, but this took form in his mind as a giant tumor banging against his head. But before he could retort, Vergil was already in front of him and pulling out Yamato to finish him off, but he lifted off hovering over everyone’s head. Vergil answered this by vanishing in front of everyone in a blue blur and suddenly appearing on top of Dreadwing.


That burst of speed surprised everypony in the room except for Dante who seemed to have snapped out of it as he was now smirking, watching Vergil deal with Dreadwing, and for him it was a giant break because he was always on the receiving end of Vergil's combat prowess which Dreadwing was now witnessing and experiencing. Vergil put both feet together as he launched downwards like a comet, Dreadwing tried to dodge, but his reward was both feet making contact with his face as he sailed down towards the polished floor, his body suddenly crashed against the floor which sent small debris of marble everywhere, Celestia put up a shield as the shrapnel that came from the crash was flying everywhere bouncing off the shield, Luna did the same thing but without the look surprise that the mane six and Celestia had on their faces. Dreadwing got up panting, he could only look in defeat as he was thinking of a way out, and this little hiccup was becoming a problem.

Well I hate to showoff and run, “Dreadwing laughed, " But I have a date with these." Dreadwing summoned the Elements of Harmony right next to him as they disappeared in a puff of smoke. He dashed up through the roof and quickly turned into a black smoke as he drifted off into the sky right, before Vergil could lay a hand on Yamato, he sighed as he dusted off his coat. Luna ran over to her sister who was still gaping at the small battle, “Sister I am glad you are alright."

“Luna,” Celestia turned barely to Luna and asked, “Who is he?" Twilight was even more curious then Celestia, but the only ponies who could match her curiosity was the rest of her friends, who looked back and forth between Vergil and Dante. Pinkie then popped out from the crowd as she gasped, " It's Dante's brother!" everypony in the room turned to Pinkie Pie puzzled on how she pieced it, except Luna who was surprised to see Dante here as she eyed him up and down and then turned to Pinkie surprised to, " What?" Pinkie shrugged, “I just added two and two and two together, hair pretty much gives it away." as the extra set of hooves suddenly disappeared.

“Luna, tell me on how you brought him here, outside the throne room please." Celestia said to her sister, who suddenly felt guilty all of a sudden, but changed as soon as she looked towards Vergil, she gave a small grin as both sisters went outside the throne room. The room was silent, too silent as the only sound was the sound of murmurs from the other side of the door, Vergil's' gaze never left his brother, " So....your here."

“Yea never expected you to be here after I beat ya." Dante said.

"..."

“What?"

“Your buffoonery knows no bounds." Vergil said, Dante looked at Vergil, instead of the anger that fueled him when he first met his brother again after the incident with the White Rabbit and the Mad Hatter, was suddenly quenched, he sniggered, " Well I never expected you to be friendly all of a sudden," Dante smirked, " Come on bro, where is that cold demeanor and that 'I will kill you' face you always give me."

“You mean the one that I really want to show right now?" Vergil answered.

“I always thought it was your happy face." Dante chuckled a little as Vergil's mood changed, “And ever since seeing you with that chick I wouldn't be surprise if you already nailed her."

WHACK!!!! Dante felt a throbbing bump appear on the back of his head as he cupped the bump and turned to see Vergil behind him and the scabbard above him, " What the hell was that for?!?!"

" I'm sorry but your buffoonery was the only thing I heard from you." Vergil answered, his brother’s idiocy was boundless in his opinion. Most of the mane six chuckled lightly, Dante was still nursing the bump on his head but suddenly stopped despite the throbbing, hearing the two things he never heard from him, an apology and a joke, but the bump on the back of his head and Vergil insulting him lightly was kind of like an apology, " Well that's a first you made a funny." Dante smirked, " Their is some hope for you yet bro."

“And that will be the last jest you will hear from me." Vergil answered his brother as he lowered Yamato to his waist. Fluttershy suddenly stepped out of the crowd, " You...You aren't going to harm us....are you?" the rest of her friends were waiting for his answer to as they leaned further to hear it, Vergil sighed as he rubbed his head and looked down towards Fluttershy, " No." her friends gave a huge sigh of relief as the doors to the throne room opened up to see Luna and Celestia walking back in, " Twilight," She said all of a sudden, Twilight stumbled a little as she stepped out of the crowd, " Yes princess?"

“I need you to come to the library with me...it seems we need to do a bit of digging up on this Dreadwing." She seemed unphased by the fact she was near death. Twilight seemed excited the fact that her mentor was going to be helping her, she ran up right beside her mentor as Celestia addressed her sister, " Luna, can you show Dante and Vergil their rooms please?" Luna suddenly brightened up on the spot as she trotted up to Dante and Vergil, “Please follow me." Dante and Vergil followed Luna as she exited the throne room with them, Rainbow Dash eyed Dante one last time, a light red blush suddenly appeared on her face, " Girls, the royal guards will be here to show you to your rooms here to, I do remember your services to Equestria it will not be forgotten, " Celestia gave one last grin to the girls before she headed to the library with Twilight, " So you girls have permanent rooms in the castle whenever you need to stay here." All of them beamed as Twilight and Celestia vanished in a bright white light.

The rest of the girls waited for the guards, that is until Rarity noticed Rainbow Dash hovering still blush on her face, a devious but friendly smile graced her face, " Rainbow Dash, do you have a crush on Dante?" at those words Rainbow Dash fell out of the air, flapping her hooves wildly to stay in the air as she crashed to the floor, she looked up towards Rarity, her face now dark red with embarrassment, " Wha...wha...no I don't!"

“Oh come on Darling, he is extremely dashing, for a non pony of course." Rarity's grin never left her face as Rainbow Dash's blush couldn't get any darker, but as soon as Rainbow Dash was about to speak, a voice came to her rescue.

“Now hold on Rarity." Applejack interjecting before Rarity or Rainbow Dash could say anything, “I know Rainbow Dash and by the blush on her face and the fact ya'll caught her by surprise says she doesn't have a mighty old crush on him."

“But Applejack the sy-." Rarity was trying to defend her statement, but Applejack cut in again, “Rarity, I ain't an expert on lovey dovey stuff or anything that is like that, but I know Rainbow Dash, and due to the fact ya caught her by surprise was rude of ya to do." Rarity bowed her head in defeat as she turned to Rainbow Dash.

“I am sorry for my sudden judgement on you, I just..." Rainbow Dash waved off the apology Rarity was giving, “It’s cool." Rarity gave a friendly smile as she cleared her throat, " Now shall we go examine our rooms?" she proposed as the guards walked in, two more went to the side to retrieve the two dead guards, the whole gang nodded as they ran to the guards hoping to leave while the bodies were being carried out, except for Pinkie who was hopping out of the throne room, Rarity on the other hand knew what room she was going to as she asked a guard where her room was, as soon as she got her directions as she trotted down the majestic hallway.

" Now...let's see if I can do that spell Twilight taught me can be put to use ."


Back at Dreadwing's hideout

Discord was in a cloud hammock he made inside the cave, rocking back and forth to the rhythm of the water drops, his gaze was on the blizzard for a second as he stretched his whole back and melted in his hammock, but his relaxation was cut short by a black smoke sailing into the cave, it materialized into Dreadwing who took the Elements of Harmony out of the box. He didn't expect the Sons of Sparda to be reunited, but all in all, he could only see it as a minor hiccup to his plan as he set the Elements of Harmony in a circle. The sole reason he went to Canterlot was to see if the bearers could even keep it on after what he did, and by his toothy grin, it worked magnificently, if the bearers kept the Elements of Harmony for just a bit longer...then he would have six new slaves to help his cause, but that grin vanished as it made way for the thought of this ritual....

" The only way ."

“So the test was a success eh?" Discord said with a Canadian tone, a Mounties hat was on his head complete with sunglasses, Discord seemed to pick up Dreadwing's plan as soon as he left the castle. Dreadwing could only nod as he stepped into the center of the circle, the elements returned to a black a frame and red gems as pillars of black energy rose from each of them and Dreadwing closing his eyes, before Discord could ask Dreadwing answered with a serious tone, “It is nothing for you to worry about."

"Worry...."

" And to your second question, it will take three days tops." Dreadwing finished as he returned to the elements, Discord shrugged and returned to his nap.

"Never...." Dreadwing dreaded the patience he had to endure to complete the ritual, but it was something worth the wait for him...so worth it.

"Soon...it will end as it should have."


Back in Canterlot

" This is your room Dante." Luna gestured to a finely crafted door which opened to reveal a large room, crafted to the extent of pleasing the guest, gold gilded the window sills which had a great view of Canterlot, the bed was a queen size which Dante was pleased, adjacent of the bed was bathroom with a porcelain bath complete with shower head, Dante sniffed his underarms and flinched back at the smell, " Damn I do need a shower." Luna nodded as she closed the door to Dante's room, Dante went to the tub and to his displeasure the curtains could only cover his upper body and lower body to, his head and shoulders were the only thing visible, Dante gave a huge sigh as he face palmed his head.

" This gonna be interesting."


Luna and Vergil were continuing their trek down the hallway, to Vergil this was very familiar to him as he could see the painting of a gruff pony trying to get up on a mountain, Luna could see this and told Vergil, " Your room is about two doors down from mine." they stopped in front of another finely crafted door which bore the same interior as Dante's, except the view was different as it showed the valley where Ponyville was nested. " Well here is your room Vergil." Vergil took a few steps in taking in the interior of the room.

" Thank you." Vergil said.

" Your welcome." Luna blushed a little she then regained her feelings and continued, " And if you ever need to see me or just need some pony to talk to." her horn glowed as a silver chain with a small crescent moon, " Just show the guards this necklace." Luna added as she walked out the room, she turned to Vergil one last time before she left him in his room alone, she gave a small grin as the doors closed behind her. Vergil set Yamato to the side of his bed as he decided to relax in bed and take a little nap, he looked up towards the ceiling having nothing to do, but his train of thought was interrupted by a small sting on his right arm, he pulled up his sleeve to see a dark splotch on his arm a crescent moon was barely visible on the dark splotch, Vergil looked at it, puzzled by the fact that it suddenly appeared, but due to the fact that it was their he tried rubbing it off, and it was still their, he went into the bathroom and tried scrubbing it off vigorously, but to no avail as he gave up and laid back down on his bed, wondering what this meant and how it suddenly appeared.


"What are you??"


Dante got out of the bath drying his hair, " You know that shower ain't bad despite hitting my head twice on the showerhead."

" Well you should be careful now huh?" Dante sighed as he threw his towel to the side, " Of course...your a stalker explains why your here now huh?" Dante smirked towards Celestia who was standing next to his bed, " Besides you know you want this." she blushed again and shook her head, Dante laughed, " Come on I'm kidding." she was silent for a few minutes but laughed otherwise, but she stopped laughing and was sporting a grin, excited about Dante's reaction once he heard this bit of news, " Dante the reason I came in here is because I have some good news for you."

" Well," Dante took a seat in the corner, the chair had a purple mattresses and a yellow frame which surprisingly still held him up, " Lay it on me." Dante's thoughts returned to the chair, "How the hell are these chairs supporting me?" magic, it just came to his head after he asked himself. Celestia's grin was now a little wider, " Well I found a bit of information about dimensional magic in the library, and it seems I can communicate with any universe or dimension, including yours."

" Well," Dante was not even surprised, but somewhat glad at this, " I am guessing their is a bit of bad news now eh?"

" Yes, unfortunately I can't teleport you back to your world."

" Called it." Dante smirked, Celestia wasn't finished as a grin returned to her face, " But that doesn't mean I can't bring any item here to you."

" And how did you find my world?" Dante asked.

" Your energy radiated throughout the castle, as soon as I stumbled upon that book, I memorized the energy that was leaking off you and concentrated on finding your world, it was challenging their was no doubt about it, but with your energy it was a little easy."

"..."

" What the page says is without a focus, it would be next to impossible to find a universe for that certain pony, bringing someone from a different universe was out of anypony's hooves, including mine." Celestia explained with less detail then what the book described.

" So basically my energy was your focus?"

" Exactly but an item from that dimension can be a focus to." Celestia said, " So if you have any items that can help in the coming future tell them to me now." Dante knew what to bring to here, as his thoughts were circulating on the three things to bring here, but unfortunately for him Celestia sensed what he was thinking, " And I mean everything Dante."

"Damnit."


Vergil's eyes never left the mark on his arm, he spun pivoted his arm in every direction wondering how it came to him like this, why he received this, he had his suspicions, but his suspicions were interrupted by a knock on the door a shy guard pony in bluish armor stuck his head through the crack in the door, " Ummm...the Princess would like to see you." Vergil's eyebrows rose a bit.

" Why would she want to see me right now when she could have asked about thirty minutes ago?" Vergil asked, he was looking at the silver chain Luna gave him and thinking this was just more then a pass, the guard shook his head, " I don't know but she would like to see you right now."

" Very well." He got out of bed and grabbed Yamato and left the room, the guard galloping back to his post. Vergil arrived at the door to Luna's room as the guards opened it up to reveal Luna's dark blue room, it was to familiar to him as he walked in. Luna was standing on the balcony looking down on Canterlot, as soon as the doors closed turned around to Vergil, right as she did that she had the biggest grin on her face at the sight of Vergil, but it disappeared for a more serious look, " Vergil I have been thinking about something," The mark on Vergil's arm stung a little as his suspicions started to become more and more true, " I..." Luna stopped as she a dark red blush appeared on her face, it took her awhile to even think about what she was going to say, Vergil tapped his foot waiting for the rest of Luna's sentence, but she said it but it was to fast to understand, " Would you like to go down to the city with me?" Vergil seemed to get the sentence.

" Would my presence cause a panic among your people?"

" No it wouldn't, but I can assure you I would calm them down if it happened, you have my word as a princess." Luna said, she was hiding the plea in her voice, hoping he would say yes. Vergil on the other hand didn't mind staying in the castle, but he needed to stretch his legs and see beyond what the castle windows had to offer, that and he had to make sure his suspicion about Luna was a hundred percent accurate, hoping this would lead to the mark on his arm.

As suddenly as he sighed...he nodded.


Dante could look at the weapons he set out on the wall of his room, he looked to the shortest of the three weapons which were three headed nunchuks that seemed to have chilled the area it was in, the next item was a wickedly shaped purple guitar, lightning were the strings of the guitar as each one crackled a little, at the base of the guitar was a wicked scythe that would serve as the second weapon the guitar had to offer, the next was a pair of gauntlets and greaves, each grey with white veins running along the base of the weapons,, all these weapons puzzled Celestia and sparked her curiosity, but what puzzled Celestia more was out the window hanging outside, both precariously hanging by a rope above Canterlot.

" Dante...why-"

" Don't ask." Dante said simply, he looked towards two swords that he hung outside, both had faces at the bottom of the handles, the blades were red and blue and curved. Dante shivered at the memories these blades gave him when they first met, but he turned to Celestia, " Well their flocky that's everything." Dante looked at the three weapons that helped him along in Tema Ni Gru, he gave one last glare towards the two swords hanging outside, Celestia suddenly decided ask what was on her mind when Dante hung the swords outside when she summoned them.

" So why did you hang those out the window?" Celestia's answer came from a yawn outside, and one of them spoke.

"Brother why are we hanging out a window?"

"Aww Crap."


Authors Notice; Since I couldn't get on Wednesday(Curses), I am now two days behind schedule, Oh well guess I have to crunch it tonight with this song behind me,Oranguerra Boss fight theme, But again I hoped you enjoyed the chapter and don't be afraid to comment.