• Published 3rd Jan 2014
  • 8,457 Views, 557 Comments

Guardian of the Everfree - KaBar42



When a Marine gets sent to Equestria, he discovers a dark and ancient secret in the Everfree.

  • ...
40
 557
 8,457

Apes Here! Part 1

Guardian of the Everfree
Chapter 6

As Twilight was walking back to the library, something hit her. If the creature was injured, and was sapient like she thought it was, then it wouldn't stay in the Everfree. It would come to Ponyville to try something. Perhaps get something to clean the wound. Twilight racked her brain to try and think of the places it could hit.

There was the hospital. They're almost always stocked with a little disinfectant for races that don't respond to magic very well. But the creature seemed to be smart. It would know that hospitals are a difficult target. Almost every room would have a sick or injured pony in it. And this creature seemed to prefer indirect combat as opposed to direct. So it would probably try to sneak in, and avoid contact with ponies. But what happens if a pony sees it? Twilight shuddered at the thought.

Ponyville would be safe tonight. No creature was stupid enough to traverse the Everfree at night. If it was going to attack, it would have to do it during the day. If she remembered correctly, it had extremely small eyes. With eyes that small, it would never be able to see in the dark.

Twilight arrived at the Library. She walked in the front door and immediately called for Spike. Spike came calmly walking down the stairs. "What?" He asked, a little irritated that his comic book reading had been interrupted.

"Spike take a letter. "Dear Princess Celestia, as I'm sure you have recieved news of the ape that attacked me and than ran into the Everfree. The ape was armed with something that Equestria has never seen before. We have taken to calling it a firebow, as it seems to spit fire and operate like a bow. The ape had escaped into the Everfree, and we believe is now taking refuge in The Castle of the Two Pony Sisters. Rainbow Dash managed to find it today, as it was being attacked by a large pack of Diamond dogs. During this time it used three new firebows. The first one was used to take out three Diamond dogs. The second one was used to take out the rest of the pack as they cleared the bridge. It then used the one it used the one that was used on me to … make sure the dogs were taken out. However it appears as though then alpha had managed to somehow avoid the initial attack. Rainbow Dash says the alpha charged and tackled the ape, and the ape lost it's firebow. The ape was injured in the consequent hoof-to-hoof combat, but came out on top. He then produced a smaller but just as powerful firebow to make sure the alpha was taken out. It is my believe that the ape will come to Ponyville to try and gather medical supplies to treat it's wound. It seems to prefer avoiding, but is not afraid to resort to lethal force if it deems it necessary. I respectfully ask if you could come some where around nine tomorrow with a few extra guards? Perhaps your presence will scare it off. Sincerely, Your Faithful Student, Twilight Sparkle."

Spike rolled the letter up and used Dragonfyre on it. The letter dissapeared in a wisp of smoke and ash, flowing out the window. Twilight began to get things ready for bed when not even a minute later Spike burped a flame of green smoke and a letter appeared. Spike opened the letter and began to read.

"Dear Twilight Sparkle,

This is certainly troublesome indeed. My sister and I shall be over in Ponyville at nine o'clock tomorrow. We will bring a division of guards as well.

Sincerely,
Princess Celestia"

"Wow, this must be serious. The princesses are getting involved." Spike remarked. Twilight felt a bit more at ease now that she knew that the princesses were coming.

"Come on Spike, lets go to bed."

(-)

Celestia's sun had fallen and risen. Twilight was waking up at eight. As she woke up, she went through a mental checklist. She had cleared her schedule after getting confirmation that the princesses were coming. She was going to have to explain the situation to everypony, and she didn't want to explain more than once. She set out to gather the girls. She went to sugar cube corner. She knocked on the door and almost immediately a pink mare had the door open.

"Yeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeahyeah?"

Twilight took a moment to compose herself after Pinkie's vicious onslaught of yeahs.
"Pinkie, could you do me a favor and collect all the girls? Have them meet at the library in ten minutes?" Twilight asked.

"Suresuresuresuresuresuresuresuresuresuresuresuresuresuresuresuresure!" And with that Pinkie dissapeared.

"Is it me, or is Pinkie more hyper in the mornings?" Spike asked from his perch atop Twilight's back.

"I don't know, lets just get back to the Library."

(-)

Twilight was amazed at how quickly Pinkie had gathered the girls, as they were at the Library as she arrived. They were all asking questions, except for Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, as she walked into the group and opened the door.

"Girls, I don't want to explain things twice, so sit down and wait for the princesses to arrive." Twilight stated.

They all sat down a bit begrudgingly and started talking while waiting for the princesses to arrive.

(-)

They had been speaking for about half an hour until the door opened.

"Presenting their Royal Majesties, Princess Celestia, Ruler of Equestria, Raiser of the Sun. And Princess Luna, Ruler of Equestria, Raiser of the moon." The Royal announcer spoke.

With the entrance done the two aforementioned princesses walked in. After exchanging formal and informal greetings they all sat down.

"Twilight Sparkle, please state thine worries." Luna spoke.

"Sister, you're slipping into the royal we again." Celestia warned.

" I apologize, tis difficult to get out of that habit."

"So, what was this about an ape attacking you, Twilight?"

After sending Spike up to his room, Twilight recounted everything that happened up to that point. Luna looked amazed at Twilight's description of firebows and Celestia looked like … well, Celestia.

"And you say that he battled an alpha Diamond dog in un-hooved combat?" Celestia asked.

"Well he had a knife, but otherwise, yeah." Rainbow Dash answered.

"I see. I do not believe we are dealing with an ape here. But we will have to do something about this." Celestia spoke.

Author's Note:

Well there you go. Fuck! Why are my chapters so short?

What will happen? You already know. Its just a third person pony perspective retelling of the last chapter.

If you like this chapter or favorite this story, please leave a comment explaining why.
Same if you didn't like this chapter, or disliked the story. Please leave a coment explaining why.