• Published 3rd Jan 2014
  • 1,143 Views, 32 Comments

Family Relics: Adventures of the Past and Present - Paradise Oasis



Daring Do and her fan-turned-friend Rainbow Dash hunt a powerful treasure in the Past, while their descendants hunt the same artifact in the present. Can both sets of adventurers prevent the awakening of an ancient evil?

  • ...
2
 32
 1,143

Mare to be Stupid!

Mare to be Stupid!

"You think you can bloomin' take me?!" North Star snapped, kicking at the other mare again. "I'll rip you in half, ya little trollop!"

The two Pegasus zipped around through the air, diving at each other, and avoiding the other mare's blows. Finally, Firefly managed to clip the other pony, sending her sprawling to the floor of the ruins.

"Take that, ya big loser!" Firefly snorted, landing as the other mare pulled herself back up to her hooves. "Serves ya right for treating me like dirt!"

"Me?! Look who's talkin', ya bloomin braggart!" North Star scoffed, snarling at the mare who landed across from her. "You're the idjit who was makin me miserable! Comin' into Dream Valley, and trotting around like you own the bloody place!"

"Really? It's really so bad to celebrate my special talent?" Firefly retorted, gritting her teeth. "You're just jealous that I'm better at being an adventure pony than you are!"

"As if!" The mare with the accent scoffed. "The only thing you're better than me at is spreading like mayonnaise on a stallion sandwich!"

"You think I don't hear all of the other mares sneering and making cracks behind my back?" The other mare stamped her hoof, looking angry enough to attack her companion again. "Oh look, there's Firefly! The stallion welcome mat! I bet she's gonna have a dude in her room tonight!"

"You're the one who whistles every time a big brother pony trots by!" North retorted, getting up in her face. "You're rude, you're unladylike, you make all the rest of us Dream Castle ladies look bad! Do you know how embarrassed we all were went you were belching and scratching yourself at the Hoofkaido state dinner!"

"The Shogun loved my antics, and she and I got into a belching contest!" Firefly lunged at her 'friend', and North Star leapt out of the way. "I'm not that bad! But if you stupid mares don't really appreciate me, if you really want me gone... then maybe I should just pack my bags, and haul my flank back home to Fort Rainbow Dash!"

"I wish you would!" North Star Roared. "I wish you would just go back where you bloody came from, and I would never have to look at your ugly, disgusting pony face again!" The mare slowly maneuvered herself, so she was standing in front of the hatestone. "I wish I had never had to meet you in the first place!"

"You never wanna see me again?" Firefly yelled, lunging at her again. "I can arrange that!"

Moving quickly, North Star shot straight upward, surprising Firefly and causing her to smack straight into the pedestal behind her. The charging mare caused the hatestone to go flying though the air, and it shattered into a million pieces on the ground. The two mares suddenly shook thier manes in shock, as if both were waking from a deep trance.

"N-North Star?" Firefly said, still groggy. "W-what happened? What's going on?"

"I-I do believe you destroyed the hatestone, my dear." The other mare told her, just as groggy as she was. "That bloomin thing was affecting both of our minds!"

"And you tricked me into striking it, good job North!" Firefly's ears suddenly drooped. "Listen, North Star, I'm so sorry about-"

"Don't worry about it now." The other mare waved her hoof dismissively. "Right Now, we need to figure out what that thing was doing here, and where the real necklace is!"

Nodding, Firefly joined her fellow mare in looking around at the sand filled chamber. As she looked around at the floor, Firefly noticed a bit of strange writing on the stone she was standing on.

"Hey, North! Over here!" The other Pegasus called out to her friend. "I think there's something written on the floor under the sand!"

North Star rushed over, and her eyes went wide at the sight of the hieroglyphs. "I say! I do believe that researcher and his team were trying to uncover this when they... had their little disagreement with each other!" She motioned for Firefly to help her. "Here, let's she if we can uncover the whole thing, here!"

The two mares used their wings to sweep the sand off the writing, stirring up a large dust cloud. After the room cleared again, North star bent down, and did her best to decipher the text.

"So, what's it say?" Firefly asked, in her usual impatient manner.

"I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, my dear Firefly." The other mare replied, shaking her head in disbelief. "But I think what I'm reading here is a curse."

"Whelp, that really completes it then, doesn't it?" Firefly replied, rolling her eyes. "First fighting off a bunch of gremlins, than a shady undercover adventure in a casino, and now a Penna curse!" The Pegasus shook her head and smiled. "Now, this really is like one of your crazy Daring Do novels, North!"

"You're closer to the truth than you think, Fly." North Star replied, a worried look on her face. "This inscription is written in the ancient Penna language, but I think it was chiseled here long after the fall of their empire, only about a thousand years ago."

"The birds didn't write this stuff?" Firefly asked in surprise, raising an eyebrow. "Then may I ask who the hay did?"

"I may be reading this wrong, but..." North Star looked up at her. "I think this was inscribed by our own ancestors, Daring Do and Rainbow Dash!"