• Published 3rd Jan 2014
  • 1,143 Views, 32 Comments

Family Relics: Adventures of the Past and Present - Paradise Oasis



Daring Do and her fan-turned-friend Rainbow Dash hunt a powerful treasure in the Past, while their descendants hunt the same artifact in the present. Can both sets of adventurers prevent the awakening of an ancient evil?

  • ...
2
 32
 1,143

Confrontation

Confrontation

"North Star, what the heck are those things?" Firefly asked nervously, looking at the ghost birds pointing spears at their two spectral ancestors. "Ghosts? Time vision thingies?"

"I-I think... it's a recorded memory." North Star replied, observing the specters carefully. "Sometimes, these ancient structures that house ancient powerful artifacts, have a tendency to absorb the magic from said artifacts." The mare explained, as the two phantoms put their hooves into the air. "The ruins will then tend to imprint certain events, and play them back like a recording that can be seen by anyone who comes here. I've run into this kind of thing before... along with real ghosts, of course."

"Huh, so that's what Rainbow Dash looks like in person." Firefly looked over her ancestor with curiosity. "She's kinda smaller than we are-.I mean, I thought she'd be taller."

"Look, Daring's just as small, all Equestrian equines were more lithe and lean than we are. Ponies are much bulkier and stockier now, it's the barbarian pony blood that came into our gene pool after the Grogar wars." The other Pegasus added thoughtfully, watching the shades guide the two other ponies down a half-cleared hallway. "Hmm... Firefly, perhaps if we follow these specters, they might lead us to the necklace we seek."

"Huh, that sounds like a good idea." Firefly noted, and she and the other two started to follow the now moving specters. "I wonder who that really short troll with them is, though?"

The two went back down the cleared-out corridor, past the pony remains that they now averted their gaze from. Going deeper into a recently cleared tunnel, they found themselves in a large chamber, surrounded on all sides by walls of sand. The specters finally stopped in front of a large stone pedestal, and the two Pegasus' eyes went wide at what they saw.

"Why North, that ain't the necklace!" Firefly replied, picking up the strange looking red gemstone off the pedestal with her wings. "What the heck is this thing? It looks like a giant black heart."

"Firefly, put that down!" The Pegasus exclaimed, dashing over and knocking the gemstone out of her grasp. " That's the hatesone! It makes ponies fight-"

"Hey, why'dya do that?" The other mare snorted, shoving her companion across the room. "Just who do ya think you are, little miss hot shot?!"

"Fire, wait! It's that bloomin' stone that's making us fight! I read about it in some o' me archaeology books!" North Star exclaimed trying to calm her friend. "It's made of the same material as the crystal heart and the heart stone, only-"

"Oh, and your books didn't tell you that it was hear instead of what we're after?" The other mare snorted, scowling at the archaeology pony. "Geez, and here I thought Twilight was a useless egghead!"

"I don‘t quite know why this thing is ‘ere, instead of King Ruff‘s treasure." North Star pleaded. " Firefly, please don't do this. It's not you, the gemstone is warping your perceptions."

"Actually, I think it's helping me see think things a whole lot more clearly." The mare snorted angrily, pointing a hoof. "Like I can see now how jealous you are of me!"

"What? Jealous of you?" North Star whinnied incredulously. "Why would I-"

"Aww, come off of it North!" Firefly's eyes burned with an unnatural. "Everybody knows you were Dream Valley's number one action mare, until I came busting into the scene! The whole reason you're always fighting with me, is you just can't take the competition!"

"Competition, from you? As bloomin' if!" The other pony sneered, the gemstone that sat nearby poisoning her mind. "You're a 'mare of action' all right, ya worthless trollop! When it comes to stallions, you should have a sign like that human restaurant- 'billions an' billions served'!"

"Oh yeah, like everybody else hasn't already made the tramp joke." Firefly snorted, steam coming from her nostrils. "Why don't you come up with something original, ya useless tea slurper!"

"'a Tea slurper, am I? So now your making fun of my accent?!" The shocked archaeologist exclaimed. "Why you- you uncouth ruffian!"

"Ohhh, the big bad Brit pony can say fancy words! Amazing, since you ladies seem to keep calling cookies biscuits!"

"Firefly, I'm bloomin’ warning you!" North Star snarled, the hatestone pushing her to the end of her rope.

"Oh and one other question." Firefly snapped, delivering the final blow. "Why do all of you keep calling soccer 'football'?"

"THAT DOES IT, YOU BERK MINGER OF A MARE!" North Star jumped at her, her eyes burning with an uncontrollable rage. "I'LL RIP YER 'EAD OFF, AN FEED IT TO YA!"

North Star dove at the other mare, biting into her wing. Firefly let out a yelp, and jumped away from the beleaguered Brit. She then kicked North with her back hooves, and sent her flying across the chamber.

"How's that feel, ya fool of a filly!" Firefly Snorted. "And there's plenty more where that came from!"

Shaking off her dizziness, North flew un into the air, and dive bombed the other pony, knocking her over in a mass of wings and feathers.

"You're the fool, Fireflank, for thinking you can bloomin' take me!!" The archaeologist mare retorted. "Now let's see what ya got, ya little blighter!"

The two ponies tore into each other, as the glowing black stone on the pedestal seemed to feed on their rage. Cuts and gashes appeared all over both of their bodies, as both mares seemed bound and determined to end each other, once and for all...