• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 1,416 Views, 40 Comments

End of the Line - Wheller

  • ...
12
 40
 1,416

The Dawn of a Third Age of Ponykind

And so another chapter in Equestrian history came to a close, with the deaths of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, the ponies of Equestria entered a third age of ponykind. In the first age, during the reign of Gaia, ponies were too young to make their own decisions. In the second, ruled by Princess Celestia and Luna, they were manipulated by forces that thought they knew what was best for them. Now, now in the third, they were finally standing on their own. It was a new age of ponykind, and the heroes would lead them through it.

...

Surviving the fall of Canterlot by teleporting away at the last moment, Twilight Sparkle was rushed off to hospital after arriving back in Ponyville. Where she had a lot of time to think about what had happened to her. During that time, she drafted the constitution of the Equestrian Republic, and founded the Parliament in Ponyville; the change in government was not well received by all, particularly the haughty, high class unicorn aristocracy that had been ushered to Manehattan from Canterlot before its fall. Twilight was, however, eventually able to get them to fall in line using the economic power house of FutureTec to expand the Republic’s sphere of influence. In under a year, all of the territory controlled by the Principality of Equestria acknowledged the Republic as their government. Twilight founded the Ponies Progressive Party and would serve as the Republic’s Prime Minister for two, five year terms before handing control of the party over to her successor, Scootaloo.

...

FutureTec became the back bone of the Equestrian Republic’s industry right away! Under the leadership of the former Cutie Mark Crusaders, who dropped the name after the fall of Canterlot, when everyone’s cutie marks disappeared, The Equestrian Republic rapidly modernised into a position of economic dominance in the world! Even becoming more influential than the Welaran Commonwealth! It was a really great time! Unfortunately, differences in opinion of where to take FutureTec would eventually lead all three to leave the company, naming a systems engineer named Sprocket as the new CEO! Under Sprocket’s leadership, FutureTec would go on to create everything from toasters to missiles! Even securing a number of contracts to build munitions for the new Republican Army! Mister Happy however would eventually be decommissioned and sold for scrap when he became obsolete, that wasn’t very fun for him, but he understood!

...

The Great and Powerful Trixie, being recognised for her leadership during the Third Battle of Ponyville would go to become head of the Republican Army, turning in the title of Great and Powerful, for Field Marshall. She was more than okay with this.

...

Lyra and Bon Bon were recognised as Heroes of the Republic for their actions during the Battle of Ponyville. They eventually married, Lyra became pregnant though in vitro fertilisation, and they had a daughter, who they loved and raised to always be fair to others. Their descendants would all end up taking a role of serving the public from now until the end of time.

...

Big McIntosh became involved in politics, founding the Conservative party of Equestria, while he had voted for Twilight Sparkle’s party in both of Equestria’s first two elections, he believed that Equestria would need balance for the new Republican form of government to be stable. He would remain leader of the opposition for Fifteen years, until his Conservative party won control of parliament after winning a land slide election after the Republic slid into a recession.

...

Braeburn became the owner of one of the largest agricultural operations in all of Equestria, after revitalising the area that had once been Appleooosa, his farming and herding business would rocket him to wealth, though he would regularly donate most of his income to charities.

...

The Nephites were welcomed into Republican society with open arms because of their actions at the Second and Third Battle of Ponyville. Ditzy Doo would go on to become the bishop of New Maneaan, Graham Cracker would organise five regiments of nephite rifle ponies and become the core back bone of the Republican Army. Nephitism became a popular religion for ponies in Republican society, though several other sects would split off from the main core.

...

After leaving FutureTec, Apple Bloom would start a new company, AppleTec, specialising in computer of all sizes, from widely used mainframe systems, to the first generation of the micro-information processor, or MIP, which would become a house hold item.

...

When Sweetie Belle left FutureTec, she would eventually break out into a music career, after rumours of her manager, Pips Domino, arranged for her to be kidnapped to jumpstart her career. The kidnappers promptly brought her back after discovering that she was too annoying, and the allegations against Pips Domino were never proven.

...

Scootaloo would go on to join the Wonderbolts after leaving FutureTec, becoming the youngest Pegasus to ever captain the team. However, her career would be cut short after a tragic accident during her first show as captain would force her to retire. She later became involved in politics, joining the liberal Ponies Progressive Party, and becoming Prime Minister after Twilight Sparkle. She would serve one term as Prime Minister, before the Ponies Progressive Party was voted out of office following a recession caused by FutureTec’s absorption of Sweet Apple Acres enormous debt.

...

Surprise disappeared mysteriously after the founding of the Equestrian Republic, witnesses reported that she looked up to the sky as if someone had called to her, spread her wings, and taken off. No one ever saw her again. Vinyl Scratch was crushed.

...

Vinyl Scratch entered a period of deep depression following Surprise’s disappearance. She began drinking heavily for several years until her liver failed. Vinyl Scratch is to be remembered by history for being the first pony ever to have an artificial liver implanted into their bodies. After receiving her robotic liver, and spending several years seeing a therapist, Vinyl Scratch would finally get a hold on her life, she went on to marry and gave birth to a daughter. She made sure that her daughter grew up better than she did.

...

Fluttershy too, would become involved in politics, founding the Green Party, devoting themselves to environmental concerns of the Equestrian Republic’s rapid industrialisation. The Green Party would usually enter into coalitions with the Ponies Progressive Party, who shared many of their concerns. In her private life, Fluttershy would become even closer to Katrijn, the Nederlander shopkeeper, and the two would spend many happy years together.

...

Pinkie Pie would go on to take over Sugarcube Corner from the Cake family! She transformed the small bakery into an internationally recognised icon. Pinkie Pie would always love Twilight Sparkle, and even though the two of them never got together, they would remain close friends until Pinkie Pie died peacefully in her sleep in Year 54 of the Republic, leaving behind her accumulated wealth to charities to help poor children growing up in struggling rural areas, just like she did.

...

Rainbow Dash would eventually drift apart from Twilight Sparkle. While the two would remain friends until her death in year 35, they never were quite able to achieve the spark that they had when they first got together. Rainbow Dash would go on to live her lifelong dream of joining the Wonderbolts, and would become captain of the team after Scootaloo’s forced retirement.’

...

Applejack never quite figured out her immortality. She began to learn to speak hispañol and one day, she dyed her coat and mane, slipped into the fancy accent she learned when she was young and headed off in the middle of the night for the port of Fillydelphia and boarded a ship for the Hispaña Third Republic. She would come back to Equestria every ten or so years, never aging a day, just to check up on things. In Year 18 of the Republic, she ran into a drunken Vinyl Scratch, who proclaimed that she saw through the disguise. Though she passed out and would not remember the event, Applejack carried her friend back to her apartment and tucked her into bed. She would then leave and never look back, at least, not until she decided to visit again in the next ten years.

...

Rarity would use investment money from FutureTec to expand her markets out to the far reaches of Equestria, eventually; Carousel Boutique would become a house hold name, not only in Equestria, but throughout the entire world! She would go on to travel through Europa, living the glamorous life she always desired. During a trip to Westhall, in the Kingdom of Welara, she would fall for a local by the name of Tommy Atkins, and the two of them would eventually marry.

...

Heinrich Büchsenmacher along with the rest of the Panzer Lehr Division was honoured by the Equestrian Republic for their sacrifices at the Third Battle of Ponyville. The action would cause Equestria to form closer relations with Bundesrepublik Schäferhund, costing the Twin Gryphon Kingdoms their only friend in the world. The Gryphons would enter a period of prolonged isolation, becoming the backwater of Tau Ceti IV. Heinrich, himself would become a close friend of Twilight Sparkle, and while Twilight would never remember the time they spent together. Heinrich was okay with just being her friend.

...

The Evil of the Tome of Alhazred would not go forgotten. A Cossack Confederation Military Officer by the name of Vasily Dzhugashvili would discover the book lying caught under a log in River Rijn, while on holiday. He would take the book home, discovering that it was undamaged, and read it. Upon his return to the Confederation he would go on to gather support for a revolt, and over throw Czar Alexandre II, establishing the Unified Presidium of Socialist Republics, a state that would go on to challenge the newly founded Equestrian Republic for a dominate sphere of influence in the world.

...

As Equestria entered its third age, they knew that the road ahead of them would not be an easy one. But they also knew that the easy paths in life were the ones that were not worth walking. After all, that was the thing about this road. The Long Road never ends.

Comments ( 13 )

And thus we leave the world in which our characters live in good hooves.

And so, the Lone Writer finally relaxed his fingers from the keyboard, and set about finishing Mass Effect 3 :trollestia:

I was partly afraid the ending would sound less like an actual ending and more like a cop-out, but this is perfect, and the Fallout-esque ending paragraphs sold it to me :rainbowlaugh:

Once again, bravo, and out of curiosity, can we get a grand total wordcount?

352630 wordcount is about 437k. 437335 with all the warnings that series needs to be read in proper order. For comparison, Lord of the Rings trilogy had 473k words and Fo:E had 610k.

I typed up a really long comment, but then FIMFiction decided to delete it, referring to a database upgrade. I'm not going to type it up again.

well, this was truly an awesome ride. i wouldnt be suprised if someone did a spinoff of this series like FoE...

BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANTBRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT! also i would love to thank you for writing this, i remember reading putting the pieces back together (i was on a Dr Whooves kick) and that was when i first joined the fandom and would open ten different fics (including the next chapter or two) and have them all done by Sunday, but yours was always the first. you where also one of a few writers that kicked my ass out the door and helped motivate me to get a fic written (the ice storms that NH got also helped to)

And so ends a journey....I thank you for writing the whole series, it was an amazing read, and a entertaining one at that, I think i'm gonna end up with this, maybe later im gonna continue reading more of your stories
I gotta say....still a better ending than ME3
Also thank you again for writing I loved it all the way :twilightsmile:

And so ends that...
What the hell am I going to do now?

Well. This series has inspired my effort at writing, and without much exaggeration, I'd say that many of my popular philosophies in life have actually been affected by this masterpiece. I do dearly hope to get a hardcover copy of all 2000 pages someday. Thanks for the great week's worth of reading, at about 10-12 hours of reading a day! DQ Out!

All stories in this series need to be printed in paper and preserved in archives. I simply love this universe, it contains most of my favorite themes and elements.For me, it's masterpiece.

Well, now I can get back to Parliament!!!! I've caught up!!!

I understand things now!!! Sort of!!!

Comment posted by CoatedHades436 deleted Jan 7th, 2015

Finally, after three days, I have read the entire series...:moustache:
Wait, there's more???:pinkiegasp: Well buck.:facehoof:

Login or register to comment