• Published 18th Jan 2014
  • 978 Views, 26 Comments

CodeMaster Conundrum - Freewing Alchemist P



Tom and his friedns disappered from Chaotic there realworld selves are now worried. Good thing for Tom his new friend Anna is willing to find out what happend to his Chaotic self.

  • ...
2
 26
 978

The Discussion, Tír na nÓg

Chapter 4; The Discussion, Tír na nÓg


Anna slowly walked through the cathedral like hall, she half expected to be stopped by now she knew that Najarin did not like players and she knew that at worst she could be thrown out, frozen in place. Though she did not want to think about being killed, that did happen. Being a CodeMaster she had put her life on the line for scans all the time but it was never against a creature only the environment. It was these thoughts that now wove in and out of Anna’s mind, but Najarin was the last name on Tom’s list.

It was quiet and this made Anna nervous. “This is the part of the horror movie where something jumps out at you.”

“It is the same for many macabre literature in Parim as well.” An ancient wizardry voice mentioned.

Anna turned to see a withered framed in which fine silk hung on it. A long, white, trailing beard covered the front while a flowing cape covered his back. Cold, pieces of coal piers at her.

Anna spoke soft and clearly. “I am going to turn my scanner off, I just want to talk.” With slow deliberate motions she locked her scanner.

The ancient figure spoke in a growling voice. “Thank you, I take it you are one of Major Tom’s friends?”

She nodded. “Yes, yes I am.”

“I see,” He paused as if in thought than continued. “Let's move this conversation to my study for some Yaktan butter tea.” The old figure preformed a motion with his blue hand and they moved quickly to an ancient looking room covered with maps, charts and stacks upon stakes of books. Next to a small work desk with an old chair a pile of scrolls sat to one side but behind the desk’s chair was a small table with two chairs overlooking a balcony that opened up onto Lake Ken-i-po. It was only later that Anna would find out that Yaktan was a Parim version of a Yak.

Najarin motioned and a tea set appeared and he motioned for her to sit. “I am guessing that you are here for information. Tom knows I do not give out scanes unless it is of utmost importance. So what would you like to know?” He asked taking his seat and taking up a cup of tea and too a drink from it.

“Yes,” Anna told the aging Muge about Diz and the battle she had with him as well as what he said about giving Tom a location card. “That is why I am trying to beat him. But what I would like to know is, have you ever seen creatures Like them befor?”
Najarin took another pull from his tea his eyes closed. The pause too a little longer then Anna liked but she did not speak. “I can say the ‘I’ have never seen them before, but that is not proof that they do not exist here in Parim.While at the same time I can not say do exist either.” He took another sip of his tea.

Anna was stumped she tried to form a proper thought to ask. “What do you mean?”

“What I mean is that…,” He stroked his beard. “The M’arrillians.”

“The M’arrillians?”

“Yes, the Doors to the Deep Mines… It is not an actual location in Perim, it is in fact a cap to a portal. You see the M’arrillians do not live in Parim but another dimension, they invade a world by connecting their world to another world and slowly annex into their world. The doors where a cap to the portal and remained that way until later,” The words about the war were left unsaid. “But now that Aa’une is gone and The Chieftains are out of power, the M’arrillians are now a permanent part of Perim because without Aa’une they can not jump to another world and try and take it over.”

“Do you honestly think Aa’une is gone?” Anna asked a little concerned as their war would affect Chaotic and her work as a CodeMaster. She and the other CodeMaster had locked down Chaotic and even tried to Isolate the players that were infected by The Chieftains but she was always worried about the M’arrillians learning about earth. She was informed that she had nothing to worry about by her superiors. She had remembered some old Chinese epic poems about water monsters that attacked a pravenec once. Was it connection?

“Yes, I do. He is trapped in Lake Blakeer his own power is his prison as the Lake was imbued with a massive amount of positive energy before he was forced into it. The effect of positive energy and Aa’une’s negative energies caused the lake to crystalize. Only way for Aa’une to escape is to strip himself of all his powers, but creatures like Aa’une will not do that for power is everything to him.” He took another sip of his tea.

“That’s good, but… back my question?” Anna asked.

“Tír na nÓg...” Najarin breathed he closed his eyes and played with his beard. His body rose up from the chair and he rifled through his study. She saw him rummage through the old books and paper until he found a small music box. When he lifted the lid Beautiful music played as clear as any Anna could have ever heard of. When it was done playing and before he could start again Najarin shut the box and put it back into it hiding place.

“What?” Anna asked.

“Tír na nÓg, a fairytale. This old song was just one of many stories…” Najarin could see Anna’s confusion. He returned to his chair and started to explain. “What you describe sounds like Tír na nÓg, a fairy tale that I had heard of when I was but a child. Tír na nÓg, it was said to be a mugical land where the creatures live in peace and harmony, the creature's powers were so great that they could control every aspect of their world. I had once believed that they were just that, fairy tales, but after the war with the M’arrillians. Then, I being one of the many muges to help personally raising The City of Elements… Now I am not sure.” He shook his head.

“Do you think it’s a part of Parim?”

“Personally I hope not, one more tribe and more land to fight over is bad enough. Plus, creatures that could control a world completely would be dangerous enemy or ally for any tribe.” Najarin played with his beard some more. “Though, If there happen to be a portal there I would not be surprised at all. You know with all those gates being opened and ancient cities being found… Still as a Muge I suggest you forget about Tom, if he is their it is for a good reason. He is meant to do much with his life for I believe his life is charmed. On the other hand, as Tom’s friend you should at least try. Now since you will not be getting any Scannes from me how about some strategy? It is the least I can do.”

Anna smiled. “That would be lovely.” Anna knew that it would be a long time before she would be able to go home but she knew her 'real world' self was sleeping and she would be able to take all that she learned and began to form a plan for Battling Chaos Daddy. I'm coming Tom she thought to herself. As she and the ancient Muge worked out the details of her future attack.

Author's Note:

I still working On this, I wanted to show you all of the chapter but I decide to brake it up so that I could update.
So what do you think?