• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 1,108 Views, 19 Comments

Twilight's scepter - Sealcake



While attempting to cast a new spell, Twilight is interrumpted by Spike. Appearing to be nothing more than a failure, Twilight doesn't pay attention to the event, until she starts to undergo strange changes...

  • ...
2
 19
 1,108

2 - Revelation

A small ray of sunlight fell on Spike's closed eye. The dragon grunted, bothered. Rolling over in his basket, Spike managed to mumble something.

"Five minutes more, Twilight."

Spike lifted his arm and moved his hand, like he always did everytime when Twilight was trying to wake him up. It was useless, but the attempt of 'shoo'ing away Twilight was funny.

Spike's eyes shot open when he didn't hear the typical scolding accompained with giggles of Twilight. He analyzed his surroundings and hopped off the basket. A weird odor filled the air. Spike stuck out his tongue in disgust and put two claws pressing in each side of his nose, impeding the strong smell in the air to enter his nostrils.

He then discovered the culprit; a golden scepter in the right side of Twilight's desk.

Unknown to Twilight, Spike could smell gemstones and other things that ponies couldn't. Of course, he didn't know exactly the ranges that his natural ability could reach and only did have in account things like rubies or emeralds. Gold was one of them.

But if chaos could have an odor and impregnate something so delicious like gold, the result would be that awful scepter with Twilight's head on top of it. Spike had to talk to Twilight later about that.

Speaking of so...

"Twilight?" he asked, the question falling in deaf ears.

Spike walked to the stairs and went down, finding a distressed alicorn going to bookshelf to bookshelf, reading like if her life depended on it. But as soon his feet touched the wooden floor, said alicorn rushed to him, eyes bloodshot.

Spike was startled only by the looks of Twilight. Yesterday, her right forearm was bandaged, but at that moment, her two forearms were completely covered in bandages and part of her hindlegs too.

And now... his nose scrunched up at the strong stench emanating from Twilight's body.

"Twilight, what happened? I thought you said that it w-" he was cut off before he could even finish his question. A bandaged hoof was stuck in his mouth.

"No questions, no questions. I-I... the clock is ticking! Spike, tell me you all about yesterday, what you did in the morning, everything!"

"Wmphym?" he mumbled, hoof still in his mouth.

"I can't explain now, just tell me!" Twilight yelled, removing her hoof.

Spike licked her lips, an awful taste present in his mouth. He looked at Twilight, who in return stared at him, wide-eyed. Spike gulped.

"I was with you in the morning while you were going to do that spe-"

"I KNOW THAT PART!" Twilight screamed, one of her eyes twitching. Spike froze in place. "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING?! CONTINUE!!"

Spike bit his lower lip. Obviously frightened by the way Twilight was treating him. He recovered his voice and continued in his explanation.

"Then I left that weird scepter and went to go see Sweetie Belle but then I got back andpleasedon'tpunishmeee," the last part came like a whisper as Twilight leaned closer to him, staring into his eyes like a demon would to pierce its victim's soul.

However, the glare was cut short as Twilight raised her head in clear epiphany.

"That's it!" she screamed victoriously. "That explains everthing! The gold, the hair overgrowing..."

Twilight trotted to the stairs, but in the moment she was going to go up, a hand grabbed one of her hindlegs. Looking over her shoulder, she identified Spike, who was holding her.

His face was a mix of confusion and fear.

"Twilight, what is happening? Why are you acting so strange?!"

"Spike, let me go," she commanded.

"No! I want answers!" his grip tightened around Twilight's hindleg. Frustrated, Twilight started to force her hindleg to move. But if past experiences had told Twilight something about Spike's strenght, or she was deaf, or the recent events had made her somewhat stupid.

"Spike, LET. ME. GO!!" Twilight practically kicked her hindleg in the air to get free of Spike's grip. But doing so, the slow, unnerving, sound of her bandages ripping echoed in the now silent library.

Twilight inmediately looked behind, fearing the worst. Her assistant was staying, mouth hanging open, in shock. Between his claws was a portion of bandages, one side of them covered with patches of purple fur.

Following the direction of the bands, Twilight stared horrified at her golden hindleg.

There was a tense moment of silence, which was only broken by Spike's stuttered attempts to say something.

"Wha-? wh-?... I... I don't-"

"S-Spike, I-I can explain!" Twilight yelled, clearly heartbroken by the look on Spike's face.

"understand..."

Spike's grip vanished and he fell backwards slowly enough for Twilight to pick him up with magic.

Twilight, worried by the fact of Spike fainting in front of her, went upstairs and put him in the bed with all the love an adoptive sister could give.

Turning towards the desk where the object of her recent insanity laid, Twilight clenched her teeth and prepared herself to her full-investigation mode.


By the time Spike woke up, Twilight had made a jumble of papers, books and ink in her surroundings. Shaking his head, the memories of what had happened earlier came to the mind of a dizzy Spike.

He climbed out of Twilight's bed and walked towards the mare, not paying attention to all the crazy words and theories that left Twilight's mouth.

"It can't be irreversible, it just simply CAN'T!" shouted Twilight, snorting.

She kicked the book aside with her covered legs and was going to pick another when a small voice brought her out of her madness.

"Twilight."

Not daring to look in the direction where the voice came from, she tilted her head to other pile of books and walked towards it.

"Twilight, I know you're hearing me," the annoying voice continued.

Twilight levitated a big book of transformation spells and blew the dust of its cover. She opened the book and started reading with a speed developed in all her years of reading every book in the library of Canterlot.

However, her lecture was interrupted, again, by the annoying little voice. But this time, her eyes opened wide at the words.

"Twilight, I know what I saw."

"You do?" asked Twilight, peeking over the book to look at Spike.

"Well, not exactly, but-" Spike rubbed the back of his neck, looking to the floor.

Out of sudden, Twilight's puzzled face changed in a frown and her voice lowered.

"Of course you don't," she said, throwing the old book to Spike's chest, making him stumble and fell under its weight. Twilight grinned, only to run worried at Spike's aid a second later. "S-sorry! I... I don't know what happened and I-I..."

"Don't worry, hard scales," said Spike, throwing the book.

"I don't know what is happening to me, Spike!" shouted Twilight, anguish clearly present in her voice. "My whole body is undergoing an irreversible change but besides of that I know nothing!", Twilight exhaled and inhaled so fast that her mind become more dizzy than it was. "AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!" she yelled, falling on her back with both forehooves in her head.

"Twilight," said Spike, taking Twilight's attention "your bandages. I saw what is under them."

Groaning, Twilight sat in her haunches and gave Spike a glance, eyelids twitching. "Does little Spike Wikey want to see? The tiny teeny nosy fuc-" however, her smile dropped again and she put both hooves in her mouth in an attempt to silence herself.

Spike frowned and crossed his forearms. Twilight's ears dropped and she sighed, all her legs being magically uncovered by a purple aura, leaving the shining and golden metal underneath exposed, as well as the 'chaotic' odor of the morning.

The gold shone bright in all its unwanted majesty, contrasting the lavender coat of its owner with the glowing golden metal.

Spike's nose scrunched up in disgust as he came closer to inspect Twilight's legs. Stucking his tongue out, he touched the gold with one of his claws.

"It's solid gold, Spike," Twilight said.

"And it's expanding," he retreated, claw scratching his chin. Until a new odor came to his nose, the mixed scent of the rubies with the repelling 'chaotic' odor. Looking at Twilight's flanks, he discovered the source. "Twilight."

"Slaves don't have opini-" Twilight's eyes widened and she bit her lip. "Eerrhh, what do you want?" she said, worried for how the innocent mind of Spike would end after all the event. 'I'm so going to use that memory wipe spell,' she thought.

"Your cutie mark," Spike answered, pointing at Twilight's flank.

"What is wrong with iiiiiiii-?" Twilight said without finishing her sentence as a new and disgunting feeling washed over her body. In both of her flanks, the skin that was tattooed with her purple and bidimensional star started falling in pieces, leaving a protruding ruby with the form of her cutie mark take over. "Oh no no no nono nononononoono, ya ain't doin' that!" said Twilight, voice changing to the one of Applejack for a second.

Desperately, Twilight picked up the fallen pieces of lavender coat with her magic and tried to put them in their respective places, hoping to hide the ruby.

"Twilight! Twilight, just calm down and-"

"Just CALM DOWN?!" Twilight shouted, the gold taking over her entire hind legs, small white diamonds shaped like sparkles appeared, surrounding the red star-shaped ruby. "You want ME, to SIMPLY. CALM. DOWN??!!"

Twilight stamped her forehooves in the floor, teeth clenched in anger, only to retreat back in surprise at the sight of two flowers protruding from between the tables that made up the wooden floor. "What in Equestria?" she said, looking at the flowers curiously. "I don't know any botanic spells to do this. Unless..." she gasped, "unless this whole transformation fiasco is giving me new powers! That is!"

"Is what?" asked Spike, confused and scared at what had just transpired.

"The scepter! That goddamn- eerhh, scepter is made with Discord's chaotic magic!"

"Aaand?" questioned Spike again while Twilight trotted to the place where said scepter was.

"Well, little sl- Spike, since this unfortunate event happened for your stupid and bad-made actions, I will let you know," Twilight began, shaking her head after what she said and cursing herself for the personality slips. "Seemingly, the splicing spell of yesterday's morning, instead of fusing the apple and the orange's DNA, fused my body, as well my personality, with some traits and characteristics of the scepter that Discord made."

"Personality? How is that even possib-?"

"I don't know exacty, but the chaotic origins of the object in question has probably something to do with that."

"That explains the odor..." Spike murmured.

"What odor?" asked Twilight, eyebrow raised.

"Nevermind," Spike replied, rubbing the back of his neck and smiling nervously.

"What odor, Spike?" Twilight asked, venom in her voice.

"I-It's nothing, Twilight, just-"

"What. Odor. Spike." she said, coming closer to him. Her gaze judging every part of his body as he stood in place, shaking a little as one of the most powerful ponies in Equestria, suffering from sanity slips, came face-to-face with his, snouts touching dramatically.

However, the tense moment was interrupted when a knock was heard at the door, along with a familiar voice.

"Twi, are ya' in there?"

Author's Note:

Here have it, I'm gonna eat something.
It's not like I'm going to buy cigarettes or something...

Don't look at me like that.