• Published 31st Dec 2013
  • 1,364 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Vampire Lord - Glowing Forge



Following the events of the altercation at Sweet Apple Acres that day; Fluttershy doesn't feel quite right, but can't put her hoof on why.

  • ...
2
 9
 1,364

The Ritual

Finally arriving home, Fluttershy pushed her way through her cottage door walking unsteadily on her three remaining uninjured hooves. Reaching into her saddle bags to discard the apple cores that remained within, her hoof glanced across the glowing red crystal she had found in the cave. Fluttershy took the red crystal out of her saddle bags and set it on the kitchen table before seeing to her injured hoof. In a shadowy corner, yellow eyes glowed as a wide toothy grin quietly chuckled.

Fluttershy made her way into the bathroom of her cottage. Her medicine cabinet creaked quietly as she opened it. After she retrieved some gauze and medical tape Fluttershy sat down to treat her injury. Fluttershy wrapped the laceration in gauze and winced as pressure was applied to the wound. After the gauze was taped firmly into place, Fluttershy made her way into the kitchen.

"Ahh, I see you've retrieved the crystal I asked for" said Discord. "Are you ready to begin? You're looking a little tired and we really should get started. The sooner the better."

Fluttershy looked up at discord with a nervous gulp. "Yes, that would be great. Thanks again for all your help Discord."

"Oh it's no trouble at all for such a good friend." Discord thoughtfully stroked his goatee with his lion's paw. "You might want to retire to your room, dear Fluttershy. I think you'll find the spell to be quite exhausting." Delicately lifting the red crystal in his slender claw, Discord snaps his fingers and instantly vanishes no trace of him remaining in the kitchen.

Opening the door to her bedroom, Fluttershy was surprised to see Discord standing at the foot of her bed observing her pile of discarded juice boxes with a raised eyebrow. Chuckling nervously, Fluttershy got into bed. "I get so thirsty when I'm tired" Fluttershy offered meekly as she pulled her top-sheet around herself.

With a grin on his face, Discord held up the glowing blood-red crystal and snapped with his slender claw. As the glow of the crystal intensified the sound of wind picking up could be heard outside the cottage. Chimes rang as leaves danced frantically in the whipping wind. Red lines of magical power began to form slowly around Fluttershy's bed casting the room in a growing hellish light. Streaks of lightning and peals of thunder began as the gale outside grew stronger. The magical lines on the floor around the bed continued to fill in forming arcane and eldritch symbols from a time lost civilization, contained inside an elaborate circular pattern. The crystal held high above the bed had continued to glow brighter as dark lines covered it's surface. Discord had begun chanting increasing in volume as the spell continued. "Through dusty hall and shadow tomb, graveyard lit by light of moon. When all of these and more have gone your journey will continue on. As all the winged fiends take flight unto this pony bestow night!" and with that the crystal shattered leaving a single drop of scarlet hanging there in the remaining madness. "Open your mouth Fluttershy."

"Why whatever fo-" but it was too late. The bead of liquid that hung in the air descended as Fluttershy spoke, landing on her tongue. Fluttershy could feel it having some effect on her fragile and strained body immediately. The taste in her mouth could only be described as intense, as if all the bits that had ever been minted has been placed in her mouth for her to savor. Her lungs convulsed, forcing all the air out of her in a ragged wheeze. Her body twitched violently and started stiffening as fire and agony raced through her body. Fluttershy's eyes were forced open wide as she could feel her body changing, the last sensation being the bones in her slender wings snapping with a series of sickening cracking sounds. The last thing she heard was the beat of her own heart slowing; and struggling, finally ceasing all together. Then the darkness came, pulled over her vision like a sheet. Finally the noise outside became less and less until there was nothing but utter silence. Fluttershy was nothing now, she lay there with a solemn look on her otherwise expressionless face.

"Your time is done now Fluttershy, rest now in darkness...forever." Discord stood there motionless, his job was done now. There was only waiting and observing and he needent be present for it. Snapping his fingers again he vanished leaving the yellow pegasus to lay there in slumber.

Life outside the cottage continued without Fluttershy, The market set up for the day, goods services and coin trading hooves like usual. The flowers, trees and grass stoicly pulled in the sunlight until it was no longer there. and night once again fell on Ponyville.

In the cottage near the Everfree Forest, something stirred.

The thirst was gone.

Fluttershy had no compulsion to move. She finally felt at peace, a serenity absent from her since her transformation at the hooves of her friend Twilight. She didn't feel like herself but she didn't care, she simply felt nothing and it was everything she had wanted. Feeling nothing could not last though; her body searched for something to feel, to drive it forward and in time it found that drive. She hungered. It was not in her stomach that she felt this hunger but far deeper. The tattered remnants of her soul longed for sustenance. It would not do to simply lay here, she would need to quell this terrible hunger.

Opening her eyes, Fluttershy found she could see with impossible clarity, no detail escaping her notice. She knew the room was dark as pitch but it didn't matter, everything in the room stood out plain as day. Gliding from her bed with a grace uncharacteristic of the often clumsy pegasus, Fluttershy took in the night around her opening up all her senses. She could hear animals moving about some distance from herself beyond the walls of her bedroom. She felt the grain of the wood beneath her hooves and the gentle movement of air across her fur. She could smell blood. Immediately her hunger deepened. Making her way over to a mirror that stood in her bedroom she was surprised by what she saw.

Fluttershy's eyes were now red and had a sharpness they previously lacked. The feathers present in her wings were gone replaced by leathery skin stretched taught over delicate bone. Even in the darkness she could see that some of the once vibrant color in her fur had dulled, butter yellow giving way to pastel. Her hoof was still draped in loose bandages. Removing them she could see that her wound had healed completely no trace but the gauze soaked in her blood remaining. Opening her mouth was the biggest shock of all, she had gotten used to having fangs but these were different, Slender, curved and ending in needle-like tips. she closed her mouth with a snap no longer wishing to observe at it's contents.

Breaking the silence, Fluttershy could hear a knock on her door. Moving from her bedroom she approached the noise as it continued. Reaching the front door, Fluttershy couldn't help but wonder what lay beyond, not expecting company of any sort. Opening the door Fluttershy could see a dark form. Illuminated from behind for a moment as lightning tore across the sky the silhouette spoke. "Master, I presume?" was all the dark figure said...

Comments ( 3 )

Discord, how dare you harm Butter- er, Shutter- Ah, to Tartarus with it, BOOO!:flutterrage:

This is certainly different from what I expected, Keep up the good work :raritywink:

@BlackBloodProject Thanks for the comment, I will be continuing. Life has sidetracked me lately.

WHY U NO CONTIUNES?!!!!!!?!!?!!?,!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!!??!:fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:

Login or register to comment