• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 2,839 Views, 143 Comments

Time Keeps Wibbling On: A Doctor Whooves Adventure - Shotoman



Something's wrong with time. Again. Why else would there be more than one Doctor at once?

  • ...
5
 143
 2,839

Throw a Rock at It?

The Crystal Empire: The Fall of Sombra

They were now at a standoff, in the skies above the empire. King Sombra, standing on a set of magical disks, glared at his two opponents as his eyes seemed to generate green fire. These upstarts. These princesses! They thought they could dethrone him. Him! The soon to be eternal Emperor of all Equestria. They would regret that. With an inequine roar, Sombra unleashed a huge tornado of black magic that obliterated all around him for meters around. Except... he could see them. A brilliant white streak, and an electric blue one, spinning counter to his maelstrom. "No..." he said under his breath, as he closed his eyes and willed more power into the attack.

It was too much, however, and the black whirlwind dissolved into nothingness, and the two streaks of light coalesced almost instantly into to form of his hated opponents. "Sombra!" Princess Celestia called out. "We would have words with thee!" For a brief moment, a small sphere of golden energy appeared just off the tip of her horn, before it exploded into a massive ray of magical energies. Sombra shrieked as the attack seemed to burn him to his soul, knocking him off his makeshift platforms and sending him face first into a hard buck courtesy Princess Luna.

She wasn't finished, either. The attack had launched him straight up, a good hundred hooves, and she teleported above him to deliver a bolt of her own, delivered point blank. This attack was as cold as the other was hot, and Sombra found himself being shot towards the ground. But before he could hit the ground, he launched himself into the air and back into the fray using a pair of fiery, incorporeal temporary wings. "And thus you show your true colors, hypocrites!" he bellowed, sending the princesses reeling from a magical shockwave. "You preach friendship, diplomacy. But because you disagree with my rule, my rightful rule, you attack! I was right to break our treaties with you."

Luna had to laugh. "'Tis true, we and our sister may find thy ruling practices to be disgusting, but thou knows we would not have come for this alone."

"We know of thy plans to invade our realm," Celestia said, her eyes narrowing.

"As well as the realms of the griffons, minotaurs, and dragons," Luna finished. "That is what justifies our actions, today."

The flames emanating from the Emperor flared. "I am only making claim to that which is my right!"

Celestia's expression remained stern, but a small amount of sympathy worked its way into her gaze. "You truly believe that, do you not?"

The Emperor's laugh was chilling. "Believe? What is there to believe? I am the Emperor. That is all the right I need."

"Thou art insane!" Luna said in disgust.

Luna and Celestia caught each others' eyes briefly, before launching themselves at their opponent. Before the fight could continue, they were interrupted by a sound that almost sounded like an explosion from the other side of the Empire. All three spun to see a huge, raging snow storm billowing over the buildings like a tornado.

"Doctor!" Celestia cried.

Sombra laughed again. "I do no know what kind of abilities your little friend may have, but he stands no chance against mine."

Celestia's eyes narrowed as she turned her attention back on Sombra. "You do not know my friend." And the fight was on.

~DrW~

Elsewhere, elsewhen...

"EXTERMINATE!"

That was the last thing he heard. He didn't even hear the shot, but boy did he feel it. Fun fact, Dalek death beams kill nearly instantly, but they fire off every single nerve in a pony's body beforehoof. So, while he died quickly, he also died in agony. What came next... well, he didn't know what he expected, but it certainly wasn't this. There wasn't a bright light or anything, nor was there complete darkness. What there was... oh there was no description for it. It wasn't anything he saw, heard, smelled or even felt. What he did know, though, was that Derpy was there somehow. She was there, and she was powerful, and she was calling him back. And then, suddenly, surprising him most of all...

Jack Harness's eyes slowly pried themselves open. Oh, princesses did he hurt. Oh, he hated dying. Didn't happen often, yet, but it happened enough for him to recognize patterns. Always came with a dream-flashback-something of that first time it happened during the station's last night as the Game Station. And of course, dying hurt. Especially dying from Dalek weapons.

"Wait, Dalek?" he muttered to himself as he stumbled to his hooves. "That's weird. I don't remember any Daleks." It was certainly Dalek weapons that took him out, though. That was a very distinct, very memorable sort of pain. He hit himself in in the head a couple times, trying to jumpstart his brain. It always took a moment to get his thoughts in order after waking up. "Now what was I doing before... Oh! Nuts and Bolts!"

Right. The two repair ponies had followed him and his group of time traveling friends. When Jack stopped to question them, he got hit. Strange, though. Why would they have Dalek weapons? Where would they even have hidden them in the first place. Dammit, he thought in frustration. It happened so fast. I don't really remember those last few seconds. He looked around in mild confusion. So where did the others... It was as if a bolt of lightning struck his brain. It hurt a little. Go? And he was off, running in the direction the others had to have gone.

"Always seem to be saving your flank, Doc," he muttered to himself, as a smirk appeared on his face. "'Course, it is a flank worth saving. They all have flanks worth saving, really." He chuckled. He could almost hear the Doctor telling him to focus, in three different voices. It wasn't too long before he reached the entrance to the broadcast room. He could hear the voices as he got closer. Ten was acting righteously angry, Eleven was babbling along, and Nuts and Bolts definitely sounded like Daleks. I hope you appreciate this, Doctors, he thought with a wry grin as he withdrew a particular favorite weapon from his coat.

With a grin, he charged into the fray.

~DrW~

Back to the Crystal Empire...

The Doctor chuckled as he popped another Jelly Filly into his mouth. The snowpony was obviously taken by surprise by his question. "Shall I repeat the question? Perhaps a little slower to get it into your likely nonexistent brain, perhaps?" He tossed one of the loose ends of his scarf over his shoulder with a nonchalant smirk. "Candies in general are very simply made these days, and are quite rare, mostly something bought by royalty. Jelly Fillies won't be invented for centuries yet, and nopony here, save perhaps the Princesses, has any real frame of reference to even know what they are. So I ask again. How could you possibly know my little bomb was candy?"

The snowpnoy stopped, and considered this odd, curly maned, big toothed intruder into its realm, and hesitated, somewhat unsure itself. "Well, come on. Out with it," the Doctor egged on. The snowpony looked over its shoulder at the far off fireworks display that was the battle between the Emperor and the Princesses. The Doctor smirked. "He won't be able to help you. Too far away, too busy. It's making it difficult to concentrate, isn't it? After all, you've been separated from the source of your... well, everything."

The snowpony turned back to glare at the Doctor. "You have no idea what you're talking about."

The Doctor grinned. "I'm fairly certain I do. It took a fair amount of time for me to actually remember you--understand it was a few centuries and a couple of regenerations ago, after all--but yes, I finally recalled our previous encounter."

"You are talking nonsense."

That big-toothed grin reformed on the Doctor's face. "Am I? Yes, I suppose it is possible. I've been known to dabble in nonsense on occasion. At length and with little chance of reprieve, but I doubt that's the case this time. See, you, of course, are completely unaware of our last encounter, as it has yet to happen, at least to your frame of reference. Ah, the joys and confusions of time travel. And in fairness, we've only had the one encounter, during which I had little to no clue as to your true abilities and capabilities. You were... an unknown entity. Funny thing about unknown entities, they don't stay unknown for long once I discover them. So, it's good to make your acquaintance, oh Great Intelligence."

The snowpony was obviously startled. "Oh, yes," the Doctor said with a nod. "I know who you are. And, more importantly, I know what you can do."

The snowpony gave a deep chuckle. "You have no idea what I can do." Suddenly the Doctor was surrounded by a number of snowponies, identical to the first. "And what can you do, one little pony with no magic to speak of?"

The Doctor smirked, and the new snowponies changed form, going from terrifying monsters to highly detailed snow sculptures of ponies, mostly of mares. "Are you trying to scare me with memories of my friends and family?" he asked, while the original snowpony looked on in confusion. The Doctor indicated a sculpture of a small mare, barely out of fillyhood, behind him. "My granddaughter." Another pair of ponies standing together, stallion and mare. "My first friends in Equestria." Another mare, wearing torn animal hides. "Some would call her a savage, but they'd be wrong. Now what could possibly be so frightening about them?"

The Intelligence growled, showing icicle fangs. "What did you do?"

"Oh, nothing much. I thought. I remembered. And you responded. You don't know your true nature, do you?" At the obviously confused expression on the Intelligence's face, the Doctor chuckled. "You're not as sapient as you suppose you are. You take your thoughts from those around you. Now, you've been living off Sombra for years now, he's the defining force behind your personality. But now he's across the Empire from you and I'm here." His wild blue eyes narrowed dangerously, even as his grin stayed in place. "And when it comes to mental ability, you'll find that I outclass him and every way."

The Intelligence nearly squawked in surprise as the sculptures turned and faced him. Then it growled. "You think you can can defeat me with such simple tricks? Me?" It actually laughed, cold an emotionless. "Whatever you think, whatever you believe, I am my own being!"

Suddenly the snowponies dispersed, and the Doctor found himself in the eye of a flurry that had more in common with a hurricane. While he couldn't see much, as he was using a foreleg to protect his face from the winds, he could have sworn he could see faint glimpses of a pony's face shimmering in and out of focus within the storm, as if projected on a screen. And he could hear the laughter ringing from all around him. "Oh, dear," the Doctor muttered. "I think I may have miscalculated."