• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 1,772 Views, 37 Comments

A picture worth a thousand words - Alicornian



They say a picture is worth a thousand words. A Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara paring.

  • ...
4
 37
 1,772

Ch. 1: The Picture

Ch. 1: The Picture

Scootaloo tapped her hoof on the cloud she was currently resting on as she thought of what to do about Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara. Sure she could just ignore them but… Scootaloo pulled out the photo she had taken earlier of the two in secret and frowned. The idea of using the picture to get back at the two bullies had promise… but Scootaloo shook her head no, she knew it wouldn’t be right. If she used the picture of them she’d be no better than they were so… Scootaloo just looked at the picture again and thought hard on it.

She was a smart filly after all and she could easily get past this problem. “Well… if I can’t use it the way they would… maybe I could use it in a deal?” Scootaloo asked herself out loud as she thought. It wouldn’t be like when they were Gabby Gums right? It… it be just them three or her and one of the bullies, no one else would need to get involved… right?

The picture in question was taken at the exact time the two had kissed each other after school and was now something she could use against them to get them to finally stop bullying her and her friends but… she needed to think this through before she did something she’d regret. Putting the picture back under her wing she thought back to earlier that day.

It was like any other spring school day, the weather was still a bit on the chilly side but the southern birds had returned, the crops where all replanted, and there wasn’t a single flake of snow on the ground. It was also the first day of the second part of school and everyone was not looking forward to having to sit and work at school again. But it did give them a chance to speak to their friends once again since many had left for the winter break.

“Hey Scootaloo, hey Sweetie Belle, how was your winter break?” a familiar voice called out to her and her friend Sweetie.

“Hey Apple Bloom! It wasn’t too bad.” Scootaloo greeted as Apple Bloom raced up to them.

“Same here, it was okay. What about you Sweetie?” Apple Bloom asked smiling.

“Oh um, it was okay.” Sweetie said trying to not make eye contact.

“Come on Sweetie how was it really?” Scootaloo asked placing a hoof on her shoulder.

“My parents didn’t come to Hearth Warming.” Sweetie said lowering her head.

“I’m sorry Sweetie, I shouldn’t have asked.” Scootaloo said frowning. She knew what it meant to not have parents to spend time with during that day. At least she has Rainbow to be with and she was like family… in a way.

“It’s okay.” Sweetie said smiling a bit.

“Oh look Spoon, it’s the Blank Flanks again.” They all soon heard and groaned too.

“Not them again…” Apple Bloom said trying to ignore Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon again. And like always it never worked out that way.

“Like out of the way, we’re trying to get to school.” Spoon said to them annoyingly.

“Well you can always just go around you know.” Scootaloo said tiredly.

“Just go okay we don’t want you two around alright. Come on Crusaders.” At this they began trotting away but it didn’t go without that annoying call of Blank Flanks from their tormentors. It was going to be like any other spring school day… a long one.

It wasn’t until after classes that she, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle went their separate ways when Ms. Cheerilee called out to her. “Scootaloo, Scootaloo could you come here please?” Scootaloo sighed at this but if it was to help her teacher she’d do it anyway.

“Something wrong Ms. Cheerilee?” Scootaloo asked looking to her.

“Yes it seems I forgot to hoof you the camera you and the others will be using for your assignment. I hope you don’t mind me giving it to you instead.” Scootaloo looked to the camera and remembered the class assignment. She, Sweetie, and Bloom where to take pictures of places they liked in Ponyville and explain why they liked it. Something about knowing your town better, she couldn’t fully remember as she had numerous paper wads tossed at the back of her head the entire class.

“Sure,” Scootaloo said slipping the camera around her neck, “take care Ms. Cheerilee!”

Just as she was about to get on her scooter and fly to her meeting place with Rainbow Dash she saw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon slip behind the school.

“What are they up to now?” Scootaloo sighed as she tried to ignore them… but couldn’t. She didn’t want the Crusaders getting blamed for whatever they were going to do. Plus this time she could catch them in the act since she had a camera. Looking it over quickly she found a way to keep the flash from going off during the day and gambled over to the back of the school.

“Tiara, um, there’s something I want to try.” Scootaloo heard around the corner of the school. Carefully she snuck over to a bush right out of sight and dived into it quietly.

“Yes, what is it?” Tiara said looking to her longtime friend.

“Can you, um, come closer?” Spoon asked sheepishly. Scootaloo wished she could see them a bit better then remembered the camera. Pulling it out she brought the sight window up to her eye and waited. Tiara sighed tiredly and gambled over to her closer.

“What is it already…” Tiara started to say but was quickly silenced and stopped by Silver Spoon kissing her on the lips. Unknown to them and Scootaloo for a moment the camera went off snapping the picture forever.

It was soon the two back from each other and blushed heavily. “S-sorry Tiara…” Spoon said smiling a bit.

“I’m okay…” Tiara replied blushing more and smiling.

“Um, talk later?” Spoon said blushing more.

“S-sure, we’ll talk… later.” Tiara said before the both headed to their respected homes. Scootaloo just sat in the bush shocked till the picture from the camera finally fell between her hooves. Slowly looking down she could not believe what she saw or even had. She had just caught Silver Spoon kissing Diamond Tiara.

To be continued.