• Published 2nd Apr 2012
  • 11,416 Views, 485 Comments

PonyFall: Rainbows - Silverness



During a phenomenon, a human discovers a female with rainbow colored hair...

  • ...
83
 485
 11,416

Pink Skies and Chocolate Fudge?

Ponyfall: Rainbows
Chapter One
Credit goes to Bridgebrain

April 13, 2012

Every morning was the same: I would wake up from my bed, take a quick, cold shower, get dressed and then head over to Memorial High School. I didn’t expect anything interesting or weird to happen in my life, but I guess fate has other plans. Classes ended at 12, which was pretty great, except for the part that involved running away from two football players who try to harass me.

“There you are you runt!”

Oh shit I gasped, noticing a hand reach out for my jacket. Instinctively, I kicked it away and ran for it. I looked back only to see Mike’s infuriated face as he started running after me. Behind him, Jack came out of the classroom, chasing after the two of us. I would say they’d make a great comedy act if they came bumbling out of the room, but they’re too serious.

Taking a swift left, I swept the sweat off my forehead before slapping my head. More trouble to deal with, great.

In my view, the tiny hallway slowly filled up with students that were either leaving or heading to their next classes. I uttered a small groan, searching for a way through before those idiots caught up to me. It wasn’t long before Mike’s voice reached my ears.

“GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!” He roared behind me.

Ok, apparently he isn’t as far away as I thought.

Desperately, I went back to finding a quicker way out of this dilemma. There were too many students in the hallway for me to get through, along with those steel lockers all around the walls, then that left going back to face them or the deserted cafeteria.

A light bulb instantly lit up in my head. I knew what to do. Going with my plan, I dashed through the hallway, edging through a few guys who were busy going on about the Indianapolis Colts. They scowled at me for almost running into them and I continued on just as Mike and Jack turned around the corner. I could hear their footsteps getting closer, but I was already through the wooden cafeteria doors.

I pushed open the doors and ran in, only to smack into a trashcan. Reacting fast, I held onto the wall for support before taking deep breaths.

“Damn trash can,” I muttered, looking over at the plastic container filled to the brim with disgusting trash. Just as I was about to make my way out, another idea came to mind.

I stopped besides a table and considered the idea. When it seemed possible, I quickly turned back towards the trash can and picked it up. It slid against the floor from how heavy it was, probably because of this morning’s breakfast. I placed it right in front of the doors so that when they came in, they’d get a nasty surprise. That should slow them down I thought, grinning.

I wiped my hands of the filth with my jacket, and slowly took the time to look around. The cafeteria looked like a normal place to eat and talk with your friends. But, that wasn’t the case when it was lunch. I would always find myself using my tray to dodge pieces of food or chocolate milk during the daily food fights. It was rare when it was quiet in the cafeteria, which made some days seem better than they were. I chuckled after I finished looking around and found myself near the exit. Again, I heard Mike saying some stuff outside the cafeteria. Damn, I really must have pissed him off.

The sound of the cafeteria doors opening told me that they were inside. Seconds later, I heard a thud and the sickening sound of something splattering on the ground. My hand clutched the handle to the exit, waiting to see if the two would appear. It took a few seconds for them to show up. I took one quick look at them and covered my mouth to hold in my laughter. They were covered in what looked like egg and orange juice. A few bitten strips of bacon stuck to their hair while a pancake slid disgustingly off of Mike’s jacket.

“Get him you idiot!” Mike shouted, his eyes glaring at mine.

Turning the handle, I pushed open the door with full force and began to run out. I have to find a way to get away from them. I came across the huge crowd of students leaving the school for home and noticed a small gap. I squeezed in through the gap and went into incognito to see if this would confuse them.

“Where is that little punk?” I heard Jack’s faint voice throughout the crowd.

“Just shut up and find him!” Mike's voice, much louder than his compatriots.

As I caught my breath, I reflected on the situation. I really wish those two would grow up. They started teasing me when they found out about my love for My Little Pony, but it got worse when they found out my favorite pony was the polychromatic Rainbow Dash. I have nothing against gay rights activists, but they’ve kind of unfairly monopolized the rainbow, and being associated with them was not always pleasant around neanderthal football jocks.

I moved through the crowd, going slowly so I wouldn’t cause any mishaps that would alert those two buffoons. So far, my plan to escape into the crowd was working. The voices of Mike and Jack seemed to fade off. Perfect. I went through a few more gaps in the crowd before I finally reached the edge of the parking lot. Looking around, I tried to see if Mike and Jack were still following me.

They weren’t.

Pleased with myself, I slowed to a walk so I could catch my breath. I knew that running was a pretty good exercise, yet it was pretty tiring. I crouched down and started coughing. Ugh, damn allergies. My allergies would always act up when I would run for a long period of time. I guess I should get home before I get even worse. As long as I was away from those two buffoons, I would be alright. I picked myself up and started on my way home.


The walk home normally takes a long forty-five minutes. I glanced around the many shops that I pass by, seeing what items and food they sold. On the right, I could see the giant apparel shop that a bunch of girls I knew go to. I could smell all the fragrances even before I entered the shop. It's pretty amazing that I could, because I was standing on the other side of the street. On my left, another apparel shop, Abercrombie, which was filled with dozens of teens buying jackets and shirts that had the company logo on it. Sure, I liked the place, but a shirt that costs about 60 bucks? Really? I took one quick look inside, which smelled of strong cologne. Urk, too strong... I backed up, coughing again and gagged.

“Who sells strong cologne?!” I shouted. At first, I didn’t noticed that I shouted out loud, but when I did, I noticed a few people glaring at me. Oh, um... did I say that out loud? I think I better get out of here. I left the store whistling, hoping nobody noticed. Gladly, nobody cared about what just happened and I continued on my way. I turned around the bend to the street that would take me to my neighborhood and looked to my right. Now there was a place that almost enticed me to go inside. I stood staring at the small, brown building with colorful neon lights. On the roof stood a large milkshake statue. The business called itself “The Milkshake Club”.

If you have never heard of “The Milkshake Club”, let me tell you, it is THE greatest place to drink milkshakes, period. They sell all kinds of flavors for milkshakes: Vanilla, Chocolate, Rainbow, Oreo, Snickers, Cherry, you name it they’ll have it here. I know the owner, a Mr. Charles Brown, who told me that he started up the business when they first built the district seven years ago. It was only one year ago that I had decided to go into the shop and order a vanilla milkshake. My first sip was simply amazing. It was a delicious sensation and the taste would melt into my mouth. Ever since, I’ve been visiting the shop.

My mouth thought about whether it should drag me inside. Meanwhile, my aching body begged to go home and pass out. In the end, my mouth ended up losing and I continued dragging my feet on the sidewalk. Maybe next time I thought tiredly.

I continued trekking down the sidewalk and soon began to see the brown roofs of houses; signs that I was leaving the city and entering my neighborhood. My neighbors were, well... most of them tended to judge by first appearance. They usually didn’t judge people until they actually met them, but it seems that I don’t have that kind of luck. When I first moved here, the neighbors thought of us as strangers. Sure, I can understand that, but after a few months they still kept avoiding me. I asked my parents about it, but they didn’t see anything wrong at all. It seems that they were getting along well with the neighbors. Must just be me. I guess they didn’t like me?

I passed a few more houses, one which belonged to the Wilkersons. Tyler Wilkerson was my only neighbor that didn’t avoid me, and in fact, actually spoke to me. He usually came out and said ‘hi’ or ‘how’s it going’. He sometimes started up the conversation, so at least I knew he wasn’t just hiding his dislike, unlike everyone else. I guessed he was still at school because he wasn’t out there in his yard like usual.

I finally got to where my house was and took a look at it. It was a white brick house with a black roof on top. It had a lime-green fascia trimming as well, which made it look quite unusual, unlike the Wilkerson’s which was black. I finally managed a smile, glad to see my house after what happened earlier, and began walking on the small concrete path to the door. Just as I put my first step on the path, I heard a loud boom echo throughout the air.

I quickly turned around and scanned the area to see what had made the noise. In the corner of my eye, I noticed one of my neighbors, Mrs. Jackson, staring at the sky. I followed her gaze upwards and saw something that caused me to gasp in astonishment.

The sky flashed a bright, cotton candy pink. A cotton candy pink! A bunch of questions began popping up in my mind.

What the hell is this? How did this happen? Is this the end of the world? What strange thing could have caused this phenomenon? Why am I asking these questions? OH GOD... am I becoming crazy? Oh my god what the hell is wrong with me?! I ignored a few of those questions because they were pretty crazy, even for me.

A few of the neighbors came out of their houses, their mouths gaping open at what they saw. After a while, the sky seemed to return to its usual state and I shrugged off the whole event. Probably some random government experiment gone wrong I thought. That loud boom could have come from the military facility on the other side of town.

After shrugging the whole thing off, I took a step forward on the path. Just as I did, though, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was a pink hue coming from the sky, which caused me to turn in time to see it flash pink again. Now, my jaw dropped down and this time, my eyes didn’t leave the sky. I smelled the aroma of fudge each time the sky flashed.

“What the hell is up with the sky today?" I asked myself. "What is up with this fudge smell anyways?!"

This flash lasted a bit longer than last time, and like the first it stopped moments later. This time, however, I kept my eyes on the sky, expecting to see another pink flash. When a minute or two passed, I decided to try and head back into the house. A flashing light came shortly after I looked away from the sky.

“Okay, this is getting really annoying,” I muttered, irritated that the sky kept flashing every time I tried to head into the house.

The flashing light came once again, followed by a loud scream, something I wasn't expecting at all. Was that a scream? I wondered. Both worried and curious, I decided to try and figure out where the sound came from.

I remembered hearing it close by, so I walked to check around the house. On the east side, I only found the long hose which was used to water the flowers in the back. I think everyone in the neighborhood has a hose like this because I saw one in the back of Tyler’s house once. I think most of the houses in the neighborhood were supposed to be built alike. remembering that the houses seemed to have the same design, roof and color. Good thing my house isn’t like that. Then, I remembered what I was supposed to be doing. I continued going around to the north side, only to find the porch and grass awaiting me. I then headed to the last side of the house, the west side, and found something that was even more surprising than the sky flashing and a random scream.

The surprise came in the form of a teenage girl, sprawled out on the ground. She was lying in my mom's flower bed, where there had been nothing but uncrushed flowers mere seconds earlier.

Oh my god, is that a dead girl?! Call 911! Call the police! Call Tom Cruise!!! Wait...what? I thought before realizing I'm crazy when panicking.

Before I decided to think any more insane thoughts about the girl being dead, I went over to see if she was alive. I put my hand on her neck to feel her pulse. The pulse felt normal, but slow, meaning that this girl was only unconscious. A faint smell of fudge lingered around her, which made me wonder if she had any connection with the sky.

“So, how the hell did you end up here?” I asked myself, shocked. I took a glance at her and noticed something odd.

The girl’s hair stood out more than anything. Sure, it's long and beautiful just like other girls hair, but the color is odd. It's neither black nor brown, nor any natural color for that matter. No, the colors of the girl’s hair spanned the colors of the rainbow. Awestruck with her hair, I crouched down to touch it. It felt silky in my hands, each color aligned from Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Violet. Either her hair was perfectly dyed or it was just a plain old wig. But, it doesn't feel like a wig at all.

Interested in finding out who this girl was, I put my hand on her shoulder and carefully turned her over so I could see her face. Her body appeared to be light, and when I flipped her over, it seemed I was right, for there wasn’t an ounce of fat on her.

“Okay, who are you, strange rainbow haired chick?” I asked myself as I looked at her face.

From her appearance, she looked to be in her late teens, tall, at least by the way she looked on the ground. She had no clothes on, revealing her entire body which made my jaw drop for a second. How did I not notice that she was naked!?... She’s kinda hot... NO! No ogling the naked girl! I thought awkwardly, quickly focusing on everything else, such as the garden.

“Wow… uh, she managed to destroy the entire garden,” I said, stuttering and trying to focus.

Suddenly, it hit me. Mom’s garden was destroyed. Ah crap, she is going to be really pissed off when she finds out. Wait…IF she finds out.

I looked around, checking to see if there was anybody watching. I knew that I had to do something before a neighbor decided to rat me out. I didn't want to find out that mom came home from her vacation because a neighbor called about "your son picked up a unconscious girl and brought her inside the house."

It seemed that everyone was too busy staring at the pink sky for the time being. Without further hesitation, I quickly scooped the girl up and carried her over to the porch. Wow, she is very light, I wasn’t expecting that.

I set her down for a second to open the back door, but it didn’t budge. I pushed harder and hoped that the door would open. The only other door was the front, and I wasn’t about to go carry her out where someone could see. Open dammit! I thought. Holding tightly, the door still didn’t budge, despite all the force weighing on it.

I stopped pushing the door and backed away. “Crap, what else can I do to open this god forsaken door?” I asked myself. Suddenly, a light bulb lit up in my head.

“I got it!” I said loudly.

The plan was so perfect; I just knew it would work. I looked at the door from where I was. It seemed as if it was taunting me, laughing at each time I failed to open it. Well not this time.

I started off my plan and ran towards the door. It was either failing or succeeding now, and failure wasn’t an option. The door got bigger and bigger as I moved closer to it. When I thought I was close enough, I raised my leg and kicked open the door. It made a loud cracking sound and flew open, the lock coming straight off.

“Whoa shit, I didn’t think I would knock off the entire lock,” I said, surprised.

I gazed at the broken lock, wondering how the fuck I managed that. I guess the door was done cheaply…

I finished there and picked up the girl where I had left her. I carried her inside and walked into the small living room, laying the girl on the couch. She seemed rather peaceful for the time being, and I smiled before heading into the kitchen. Once inside, I could see the familiar jar of salt on the counter, along with a telephone that my mom bought for the house. A notepad and pencil sat on the counter as well, just in case someone needed to write down numbers or information. Beside me, a stainless steel refrigerator stood and suddenly I got the urge to drink something. I opened the fridge, taking out a jug of milk and drank straight from it. That was when questions begin popping into my head about this mysterious girl. Who is this girl?’ ‘Why is she naked?’ ‘How’d she get here?’ ‘Maybe she needs help?

Deciding on what to do, I left the jug on the table and walked over to the telephone. I picked it up, dialing 9-1-1. The phone rang once and then, in a robot-like tone, someone spoke.

“We’re sorry, but all current phone lines are either down or busy.”

Crap… I slammed the phone back on the table, hearing the tiny click of the call ending. Great, just my luck for the phone lines to be busy. I thought back to my options and knew that if I were to pursue any of them, I would have to wake the girl up.

Heading back over to the living room, I stared at the girl. She had gotten into a comfortable position, sleeping with her hand hanging out and a bit of drool coming from her mouth. Chuckling, I picked her arm up slowly, and set it back on the couch. The girl seemed to smile, snoring softly as I thought of ways to wake her up.

How about poking her? She might be ticklish anyway. I lifted my index finger over to her side and poked it. No response. I poked her again, rapidly this time. I was actually having fun doing this because I wanted to see her reaction when she woke up, giggling and laughing. After a few attempts, however, I started to realize that none of this was working.

Saddened by the turn of events, I stopped poking her and went for another way to wake her up. Well, tickling didn’t work; maybe I could throw water on her? Sure, she’d get wet, but water always wakes up people.

Heading back into the kitchen, I opened up a cabinet, grabbing an empty glass pitcher. I took the pitcher over to the sink and waited until the pitcher was almost full. Grabbing the now heavy pitcher of water, I carried it over to the girl. I stood in front of her and held the pitcher over her, and slowly tipped it, watching as the water splashed onto her face.

The water rained down on her, her rainbow hair getting wet in the process. The pitcher soon splashed every last drop of water on her, leaving one final drop dribbling out. I watched patiently, waiting for any signs of movement; anything that would show that the water had worked. Each second, drops of water dripped from her hair and I began to realize that this didn’t work either. I was about to look away before I noticed a dark spot on the couch. Damn, I even got the couch wet seeing that the spot was where the water had seeped in.

“If mom finds out about the couch, then she isn’t going to be just pissed off, she’s going to kill me,” I said to myself.

I knew I didn’t have that many options left, but I thought that this one might just wake her up. I quickly ran back into the kitchen and grabbed the jar of salt. I carried it back to the living room and opened it. “Salt should wake her up, it has a small trace of ammonia gas that wakes up people that are unconscious,” I said, remembering my recent report on ammonia.

I held the jar of salt under her nose, letting the smell go into her nostrils. In a few seconds, the girl seemed to stir, bringing my hopes up. Ten seconds later, however, the girl continued snoring, which caused me to groan. Just when I thought the salt was working…

“Might as well go grab some towels to cover her up since I splashed cold water all over her,” I said as I decided to stop trying to wake her up.

I went into the hallway, opening the door to the left of me where the bathroom was located. I closed the door behind me and took a look at my bathroom. The bathroom looked pretty ordinary: white colored walls, a sink, a regular old toilet, a shower and a rack for towels. I could see four clean white towels hanging on the rack, waiting to be used. I grabbed one of them and slung it over my shoulder. Then I turned the knob on the sink. I put both of my hands together and place them under the sink to get some water. With the water I received, I threw on my face and rubbed on my eyes so I could get my vision back together.

“What a crazy fucking day… running from Mike and Jack, seeing the sky flash pink randomly, finding a strange, rainbow haired girl in my mom’s garden she’s still going to kill me if she finds out, the phone lines are down and what’s more I end up bringing the girl, who is naked and probably drunk, into my house and tried to wake her up. How can this day get any worse than it already is?” I asked myself, water dripping from my face to the ceramic floor.

My words were answered by a faint groan coming from my living room. Startled, I opened the door and run out, heading towards the living room. When I got there, I saw the naked girl sitting straight up and looking around, wide eyed and surprised. She turned in my direction and I saw her face. It showed shock and anger as she stared straight at me. Her eyes were kind of pink colored, no wait; they looked more of a rose colored than pink.

“Who the heck are you and what have you done with my friends?!” she shouted angrily.

Oh shit.