• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 10,750 Views, 168 Comments

Foals Of Harmony - Shadowmane PX-41



When a new age spell is too powerful for Princess Twilight to handle, the Mane 6 find themselves as newborn foals again. Only this time they're all under the motherly guidance of Celestia and Luna.

  • ...
27
 168
 10,750

The Monarch And The Writer

I quickly got swept away as I let myself develop my new mind. All I wanted at this point was happiness, bliss and good friends. The Mane 6 were cute and very friendly once I got to know them better and spend some time with them. And It wasn't long before I created a strong bond with them.

We spent most of our time in the nursery, usually just playing with each other and being young and happy. Luna was keeping a very close eye out for all of us, making sure we were happy, healthy and dry. Occasionally, she'd let us fly or allow us to enter specials little worlds called "The Dreamscapes." We had fun shaping our own little Dreamscapes to our desires and almost considered living in them forever, until Luna came round and took our tired bodies back into reality.

"How wong have yoo been awive, Shad?" Twilight asked me once she came close and sat down by me.

"Uummm, I..." I wanted to tell her that I was really 16 years old, but then again, if I did tell her the truth, she would think that something would be wrong. So I thought The best way to get out of this is to lie to her. After all, I don't want to go back anymore., "I'm onwy thwee months owd." I finally summed up the courage to speak.

"I guess dewe's no diffewence hewe." Twilight said after I forced out my answer, "Aftew aww, we'we aww thwee months owd as weww."

"Weawwy?" I hadn't even thought of giving them an estimate age during the time I was working on this story. Man, Discord's been busy, hasn't he?

"Aww, who cawes about someting as stupid as age? I'm stiww bowed!" Rainbow Dash blurted from afar as she leapt out of her crib and tried to fly, once again landing on her stomach.

"Dashie, I know yoo wanna pway wight now, but I'm tawking to Twiwight at da moment." I said, trying to make it so she'd keep her distance for the meantime.

It wasn't long after that little remark, that Celestia came in and noticed me. She was looking a little apprehensive at first, but Luna told her the whole story, that I just ended up in Equestria by chance. Celestia picked me up and took me outside for a bit, carrying me over to a desk somewhere in the study.

"You know, there's something familiar about you that I've seen before." She stroked her chin as she gazed upon me, "I just can't place my hooves on it."

"It's otay, Cewestia. I know what yoo mean." I said to her, taking her by surprise that she could understand me, "In fact, I'm da pewson you'we tawking about."

"Shadowmane!" She finally realized and pulled me into a hug, "What happened to you?" I knew that that there was no avoiding the question now, especially since Celestia knew who I was.

"I didn't wanna say dis to da girws." I confessed guiltily, "But I'ww say it to yoo. Discowd sent me hewe, aww because he thought I was wowking too hawd on dis fic."

"Wait, Discord sent you here?!" She set me down before readying her magic for anything.

"Don't worry down there, Celestia." Discord called from my laptop desk, "Everything's alright up here."

"What are you talking about?!" She opened her wings and readied her horn for conflict, "Why isn't Shadowmane working on this world?!"

"Listen, Celestia." Discord warped from my desk and into the story, adding the words on what looked like a keyboard on a sash, "Shadowmane was starting to struggle and fall behind on the story a little. I only thought it fair to let him take a breather whilst I carry the load." I was suddenly wearing a little hawaiian shirt, whilst Discord was suddenly lifting what looked like a concrete pony. The things vanished once Discord had finished.

"But you, writing a fanfiction?" Celestia started to calm down a little and gave Discord a puzzled expression, "I can't see that working anytime soon."

"Oh come, come now, Celestia." Discord warped behind her once more, "I'll have you know that before I was what I am today, I used to be a magnificent writer, I even have my certificate of authorship with me to prove it." Discord materialized a scroll which, when unfurled got larger and larger until it almost covered me, "Ponies didn't know how much to fit on a scroll back in those days though."

"That was a flaw we had back in the olden days." She whispered to me before turning back to Discord again, " Nonetheless, This cannot, in any possible way, end well with you writing it."

"Oh, why do you have to be so apprehensive?" Discord just kept portalling left, right and center, around me and Celestia, "Why is it that just because, Celestia's big, It makes me small?" He shrank before warping again, this time, behind me.

"If you are writing this fic, I want you to make sure that nothing happens to Shadowmane and my girls." Celestia calmly asked him, "It would break mine and Luna's heart to see anything bad to happen to them, especially in their current forms."

"Alright then, on one condition." Discord got in front of me and Celestia again, "As long as you keep this story cute and attention-grabbing, I'll make sure, not to harm you or your kids."

"Very well then." Celestia was at an impasse here, she knew all too well that foals were the most vulnerable ponies in all of Equestria, and to see them suffer, would crush her spirits forever, "You have control over this fic."

"Splendid! This calls for a celebration!" Discord materialized balloons, streamers and a whole lot of other party stuff, with a disembodied party blower noise in the background, "But one more thing." He warped the stuff away as he said the last thing, "I also don't want the Spirits Of Harmony to find out about this. They're still a little apprehensive about me, even though I gave them my trust. So if, you could zip the lip about this to them, We'll be okay." Discord conjured a zip around both of our faces before we opened then with our hooves, causing the open zips to vanish.

"Very well then." Celestia bowed as she acknowledged Discord's terms, "One more thing for you, Discord, good luck."

"Well, I must be off now." He pulled down a zip, connecting to nowhere which, upon opening, was a portal back to my room, "Take care now, Celestia. You too, Shadowmane."

Discord walked through the portal and closed it behind him as he left. Celestia picked me up and carried me to another room. It was a little like the nursery with the Mane 6 in it, only there were a few other ponies I'd never seen before, or at least couldn't remember that I'd seen before.

The room was lightly coloured, just like the other one. Although the layout was different altogether. It looked like one big maze once I got through the doors. Many foals were playing or running around, and a few were being changed by random ponies who's appearances in the castle were questionable.

"Shadowmane, I know you liked your time with the Spirits Of Harmony, but you need to remember what Discord said." She set me down on the floor and let me get to my hooves again, "We can't tell them about this, and I know you're not very good at keeping secrets."

"It's otay, Cewestia." I said to her with what looked like a smile this time, "Oh and, yoo can caww me Shad, it just sounds easiew to pwonounce."

"Alright then, Shad." She started to walk out, "Oh and don't worry about a thing here. The grown mares in this room will act as caretakers for all the young foals here, knowing you're from the real human world, you should have no problem identifying them, but if you don't I'm sure they'll tell you." She put an aura on the door, "Oh and you don't have to call me by my name as a foal, you can call me mama, ok?"

"Otay, Mama." I said, feeling a little sheepish about saying it. But at least I was by myself, talking to her for the moment.

"I'll see you soon." Celestia closed the door and I got to my feet to travel around the room.

It was bigger than I expected from this angle, like if it was all some kind of optical illusion where everything looks oversized. It was even more expansive when I got to the center of the room, with hundreds of corridors branching from all directions. I looked around for something to do, before I was met by two unicorn foals that I remembered all too well.

____________________________

Celestia came back into the Spirits' main nursery where Luna was just starting to walk out, with the foals waving to her on the way out. Celestia took each foal up in her aura and began to sway them in a soothing motion.

The foals were soon asleep and were being levitated into the designated cribs before Celetia began to sing her song again.

To my dearest little filles, my cutest little foals.
The time has come for you to go to sleep.
But even though this day, has come to an abrupt close.
That doesn't mean it's time for you to weep.
For a new day is dawning soon.
A day for excitement and fun.
Because when one adventure's over.
A new one has already begun.
So sleep tight, my little filles, it's time to rest your head.
Sleep tight my Foals Of Harmony. It's Time to go to bed.

The foals were swept away upon the 4th line and fell asleep in mere seconds, once she saw they were asleep, Celestia put the pacifiers back into their mouths and let them suckle away as they entered dreamland again.

Celestia turned off the lights and walked out of the room, shutting the door gently and quietly. She then walked over to the other nursery with me in it, and looked through the little part of light in the nearly closed door.

I was being rocked to sleep in a unicorn's aura. Once I was fast asleep, she plopped a pacifier into my sleeping mouth and laid me down in a crib next to two little unicorn foals. One had blondish red hair and the other had silver streaks in her blue hair. Celestia smiled before walking down the corridor, back to her private study, where she got to work on the scrolls to send to ponies.

Author's Note:

End Of Part 7

Well now, that went a lot better than I had expected. In all honesty, I thought Celestia would be a little steamed over me writing this fanfic for the moment. But she and Shadowmane took it quite fine, so long as I keep it cute that is. By the way, Shadowmane's time as a foal will be made into a side story someday. If you ask politely, it may be sooner than you all think. Keep reading and I'll do my best to keep writing. I feel on a roll now but I've gotta pace myself for the moment right now, my fingers are playing hell with me tonight.

Have a nice day.

-Discord

Rate
Comment
Like
Follow