• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 10,764 Views, 168 Comments

Foals Of Harmony - Shadowmane PX-41



When a new age spell is too powerful for Princess Twilight to handle, the Mane 6 find themselves as newborn foals again. Only this time they're all under the motherly guidance of Celestia and Luna.

  • ...
27
 168
 10,764

The Picnic

The sunlight beamed down into the nursery like a high powered flashlight in the early hours of the next day. Only a few foals were stirred by the light, whilst the others just snuggled deeper into the blankets, knowing that Celestia would always look out for them, even when she wasn't on foal duty.

Twilight was the first to awake, with everypony else awaking up at around the same times, with Rarity waking up last. Some of the foals yawned a little once they woke up, before attempting to sneak out of their cribs again and get back to their playtimes.

"Mowning, Girws." Applejack started this time, "Did yoo aww get a good sweep wast night?"

"I had a pewfect sweep wast night. Wid da best dweam evew!" Pinkie Pie said once Applejack asked the question, "Wast night, i dweamt dat evewypony in equestwia was foaws again and dat we wewe aww pwaying togeder in da wawm sunwight. Yoo were aww dere as weww."

"Weawwy?" Fluttershy asked once she snuck out of her crib and made her way over to the stuffed animals in her mini-room.

"Sounds wike a wondewfuw dweam yoo had wast night, Pinkie." Rarity complimented as she slipped out of the crib with dexterity and style, "I had a dweam wast night whewe Mama Cewestia and Mama Wuna wewe foaws as weww and dat we wewe aww sisters. It was so much fun!"

"Aww, Dat's so cute, Wawity." Rainbow Dash said as she sneaked out of her crib and shuffled over to the costume chest. She came out wearing a cute little wolf outfit and pretended to go round and scare her friends.

The foals bought Rainbow Dash's little act and began to pretend to run away from her as if she was an actual wolf. It was both fun and a little scary as they were dashing around the nursery as fast as their little foal hooves could carry them.

"Wainbow Dash?" Twilight asked once she noticed a darker patch on the wolf costume, "Do yoo feew someting in youw diapee?"

"Huh?" Rainbow Dash didn't feel it until the door opened revealing a happy Luna walking in.

"Good morning, my Foals Of Harmony." She said as she shut the door behind her and carried picked the foals up in her aura.

"Mowning, Mama Wuna." They said once Luna carried them up and took them over to the changing table.

"Did somepony wet demsewves wast night?" Fluttershy said once the foals were let down and she picked up the scent of soiled diaper.

"Don't wook at me." Rarity said, trying to lead suspicion away from herself, "If i wet mysewf i wouwd be cwying wight dis second."

"I guess dat wouwd be twue." Pinkie Pie said as the smell still lingered and Luna began taking off Dashie's wolf costume, "But if Wawity didn't open da fwoodgates, den who did?"

Luna was examining all the diapers closely until she finally came to the wet patch and the smelly soiled diaper spell, "Oh, my little Rainbow Dash." She cooed as she nuzzled her and unwrapped her diaper at the same time, "I think you had too much fun this morning. Yes you did, yesh you did." She was cooing at Dashie to make her laugh whilst she was adding the foal powder to Dashie and applying the finished diaper firmly to Dashie's flank.

"Aww, tanks Mama." Dash said once the diaper was snuggly taped around her little foal bottom.

"Don't thank me yet, we've got something special planned for you all today." Luna said as she picked the foals up in her aura and loaded them all up in a foal carrier with 6 seats. It would have been enough to crush a pony with all the foals strapped into the seats, but Luna had magic by her side and she was physically fit for the task as she sat the foals down in the 6 seats and took them out of the nursery and up the stairs to Celestia.

"Umm, Mama?" Fluttershy began to ask, "Whewe are we going?"

"I thought since it was such a nice day out, to ask Celestia that we could go out for a picnic today." Once she got closer and closer to the front doors of the castle, "I myself was a little surprised that Celestia said yes but then i thought, as long as we're with you, they'll be perfectly safe." She then got out of thought and began talking to them again, "Don't worry about anything, nothing is going to hurt you as long as we're here to guide you."

Luna just opened the doors to the carriage road and was met with Celestia giving her latest orders to her guards before ascending some steps into a nearby carriage. It was quite tall (taking into account Celestia's height) and had a golden line running across the centers of certain parts. It was also quite shiny after it was being washed by some of Celestia's winged guards, so shiny in fact, that the light from the sun was reflecting into the foals' eyes. they didn't seem to fazed or sad that the light was getting into their eyes, in fact, they were actually looking at the vehicle in amazement and awe.

"So, Luna." Celestia said almost before she sat down in her seat, "Are you and the foals ready?"

"Ready as we'll ever be, Sister." Luna said with glee once she got onto her seat and shut the door behind her.

Once the sisters strapped their seatbelts on with their magic, they sat the Mane 6 foals down into the smaller chairs below them. Once the foals were happy with their seats, Celestia pulled down some little bars over their stomachs so that the foals wouldn't fall out once the carriage got moving.

"Where do you wish to travel to? Your Highnesses?" The driver said from the front seat.

"Ponyville, Picnic Area." Luna quickly said once she shut the doors on the left side of them all.

As soon as the doors slammed shut, the driver used magic to crack his whip, signalling the alicorns pulling the carriage that it was time to go. Once the two galloping horses picked up speed, they flew into the air, taking the entire carriage with them. It would have been a heavy thing to pull, but the driver was helping them by carrying it with his magic.

"Do yoo feew dat?" Pinkie asked once the ground had left the carriage's wheels.

"I tink dis cawwiage is fwying!" Rainbow Dash said once the carriage did a swift maneuver through some clouds, leaving nothing behind but tiny puffs which quickly disspated.

"Can yoo girws bewieve dis is happening?" Twilight asked with glee as they did a little dip before regaining balance, "I nevew thought we wouwd wide a fwying cawwiage untiw now. I guess being Mama's foaws has some pewks."

"I don't tink i've evew had mowe fun dan evew befowe!" Rarity said as the carriage took a sharp turn towards the ground, "Now i hope we nevew gwow up!"

"Looks like some-one's enjoying the flight?" Celestia said once she picked up on the foals' conversation.

"Dat's wight, Mama, we aww tink dis is a gweat wide. Even if we awe stiww foaws." Twilight said once Celestia spoke to them.

The carriage made a little bump on the ground when it landed, but once it did, Celestia, Luna and the Foal Mane 6 were all let out of the carriage onto a nearby hill on the outskirts of Ponyville.

"This looks like a good spot." Celestia said once she conjured a picnic blanket out of thin air and got the food out.

"Yes we'll have roughly 30 to 45 minutes here, so just come get us anytime within those numbers, OK?" Luna said to the driver before he took the carriage back to the castle by flying it again.

"Alright then, my Foals Of Harmony, why don't you head off and play for a while?" Celestia said to them once she opened the basket and took out a piece of cake.

"Aww, but Mama, why we not eat anyting?" Rarity asked as she was heading off into the grass.

"Listen, we're not sure how young this spell has made you all, but i know it's made you young enough that you can only eat breast milk." Celestia told them, "If you tried eating any solid or foal food, it could prove bad for you at this age. Besides, even if you did try to eat solid foods, they'd all be too big for you to chew and even bite."

"Awww." The 6 foals said in defeat.

"Don't feel sad. i'll be sure to feed you when you feel hungry." Luna said as she took out some napkins with her magic, "Don't let it worry you too much, just head off to the nearby patch of grass and play. Things are going to be alright."

"Otay, Mama." The 6 foals said before excitedly heading off into the grass to play some foalish games with each other. It started with tag, then it escalated into hide-and-seek and then eventually, the six foals were making up ridiculous dares for each other.

"Hehe, i dawe yoo, to woww awound in de gwass!" Twilight said to Rarity who reluctantly accepted the dare. After a good ten seconds of rolling around on her belly and back, she shot a little foal-death-glare at Twilight before perking up and saying the next ridiculous dare.

"I dawe, Pinkie, to jump off of dat cwiff neawby!" Rarity pointed at a little rocky cliff that had a small blue pond at the bottom of it.

"Awe yoo suwe about dis, Wawity?" Pinkie asked as she was gazing down the cliff face into the blue water at the surface, "I did some pwetty stupid tings as a gwown-up, but i tink dis is whewe i cwoss da wine!"

"Come on, Pinkie, at weast pwove to de west of us foaws dat you'we no chicken." Raimbow Dash said once she too got a glimpse of the water below.

"Otay den, if yoo aww weawwy want me to jump, i'ww do it."

And with those words, Pinkie Pie took a running start before cannonballing herself down the cliff. She heard a few yells in the distance before she shrugged it off and began laughing again.

"I can't bewieve it! i'm gonna make it. For da fiwst time in my foaw wife, i've nevew fewt happiew!" Pinkie Pie was about to hit the water when she saw an orange speck suddenly become a pegasus with a purple mane, this new visitor just caught her before she hit the pond below and, while she was flailing around a little that she didn't make it to the pond, she was laughing all the while when she was coming closer to the top of the cliff again.

"You shouldn't wander off the edge of a cliff, silly little filly. You could have gotten hurt or worse." The pegasus mare said once Pinkie reached the top of the cliff to see the foals had almost forgotten about her and were now playing tag.

"Is this filly yours, ma'am?" The pegasus said as she came closer to Celestia with Pinkie Pie in her muzzle.

Celestia turned around to see the pegasus who had saved Pinkie. The mare was a pegasus with an orange coat and scruffy purple hair. her hazel eyes looked surprised once she noticed that she was eyeing down Princess Celestia of Equestria. Luna quickly scoffed an apple and turned to face the pegasus mare with Pinkie in hooves.

"Princess Celestia?" The mare said with a surprised expression quickly starting to show, "I never thought i'd see you and your sister here in Ponyville today."

"Pinkie Pie." Celestia said once she took Pinkie back in her yellow aura and set her down at her laps, "You shouldn't be that close to cliffs like that. You could have met a bad ending if this courageous mare here hadn't stepped in." The foal hung her head in shame once taking Celestia's words, "Promise me this won't happen again, OK?"

"Otay, Mama." Once Pinkie had said it, the mare was even more surprised and her jaw dropped farther than ever thought possible.

"She can talk?" The surprised pegasus mare said once hearing Pinkie's words clearly.

"All foals can talk." Luna said once she put down another slice of cake, "Grown ponies don't understand what they say though. A little hinder in the art of mothering."

"Do you have foals then?" Celestia asked.

"No Your Highness, but my friend has some." Said the pegasus mare as she closed up her wings and sat down after that jet over, "We all live together, but technically she filled out the adoption papers herself because she wanted to make a good impression on the orphanage ponies. My friend Applebloom has two beautiful earth ponies, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon."

"And can they talk?"

"Yes, but none of us can decipher their words. It's mainly nothing but foal gibberish to us."

"That's a shame, it's actually a blessing to have foal talk normally, it makes the job much more easier and cute for motherly ponies and their friends." Luna said with a smile growing and a plate hiding.

"Sorry, i forgot to introduce myself." The mare took herself into a bowing position "My name's Scootaloo. How did you get your foals to talk?" She asked once she stood up from her bow.

"Well first you should meet them. Then i'll tell the story." Celestia then picked up the remaining foals with her magic, stopping their little game of tag and then she set them down in front of Scootaloo, "Scootaloo, i'd like you to meet, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle." She said as she pointed each one out to them with a spotlight spell.

"Hold on, Applebloom said that Applejack was away in Fillydelphia attracting business to the apple farm there." Scootaloo said looking a bit confused, "How is it that she's a foal again?"

"I suppose i have some explaining to do." Luna said with a sign of grief and guilt showing, "I entrusted a special spell to Princess Twilight a few weeks back. A special age spell that only Alicorns like Celestia and me can accomplish without burning our magic out. Each of Twilight's friends was called to try out her spell on a few things in particular. So we entrusted them to make a cover story for each of them, just in case they had any family or friends. It was hard to convince Applejack to lie to your friend Applebloom, but she did it nonetheless."

"OK, you're making sense so far." Scootaloo stopped them, "But that doesn't answer the question on how they're all talking foals?"

"The spell proved to be too powerful for even Twilight to handle." Celestia explained guiltily, "It grew wildly in power, it escaped the hold of Twilight's magic, and it ricocheted off the library's walls like a pinball on walls and bumpers. all six ponies were caught up in the spell's power, reverting them to their foalhood states. At the same time, they'd also been teleported to my castle since Spike had a bad case of the hiccups at the same time. I was surprised myself that they could talk, but i was even more surprised that no counter-spell could cure it. So it fell upon me and Luna to raise the Spirits Of Harmony ourselves until they grew up all over again. An arduous task, but a fun one nonetheless."

"So these foals were already full grown mares?" Scootaloo finally pieced the story together in her mind.

"That's right. How they retained the ability to talk is still a mystery to us." Luna said.

"That's so cool!" Scootaloo said with her wings now flapping wildly, a sign that they had quickly recovered, "But aren't they gonna keep you from performing your royal duties?"

"We made a fair decision upon agreeing to take care of them, Whilst i watch over Equestria in the daylight, Luna spends her time with the foals, vice versa, when Luna's overlooking Equestria, i'm overlooking the Foals Of Harmony." Sounds fair, don't you think?" Celestia told her.

"That sounds more than fair, but won't Applebloom and Sweetie Belle get worried that their sisters have been turned into foals though?" Scootaloo asked as she knew it would be crestfalling for them both.

"They haven't seen them since?"

"No, and they're starting to get a little worried about it."

"Oh, i didn't account for this." Luna started with a little shocked expression before Celestia finished her lines.

"I'll make sure that they know this has happened, by writing them a letter." Celestia then materialized a scroll and quill and began writing a letter describing how Rarity and Applejack were age-regressed. Once she had finished writing, Celestia cast a powerful magic, leaving a perfect copy of her cutie mark on the bottom of the paper, so as to validate that it was from her. Once she was satisfied with her work, she rolled up the scroll and placed a wax seal over it before hoofing the letter to Scootaloo, "I hope this makes it clearer to them."

"It sure will, Your Highness." Scootaloo said as she put the scroll in her flank pocket and started to take off back towards the picnic area nearer to town, "I'll see you all soon someday."

After Scootaloo was out of their sight, Luna pulled the Mane 6 closer to her and wrapped them in her wings and legs again.

"It would be cruel of us to let you all starve." Luna said as the foals came closer to Luna's teats and once more began nursing.

The six foals were more accustomed to feeding all at once rather than one or two at a time. Once again, it was tricky to squeeze all 6 foals around the teats but they managed in the end. With Twilight, Pinkie and Fluttershy sharing one teat and Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow Dash sharing the other. Once they had had enough breast milk, Luna made sure to burp the foals properly and politely.

"Celestia?" Luna asked once she let the foals off for a few more minutes of playing, "How sad is it to lose a sister you care for dearly?"

"Believe me, i know how sad it was for me." Celestia placed her hoof over Luna's shoulders, "When you became Nightmare Moon on that fateful day, it felt like i was all alone in this world. I not only felt sad and regretful that i sent you away, but i also felt lonely every day onwards. It's heartbreaking to lose someone you love dearly, more saddening than you could ever imagine."

"Oh, alright. I'll make sure to never leave your side from this point onwards." Luna stood up, regaining a bit more confidence, "It would crush my heart and soul to know that i'd be abandoning you again, if it takes forever, I'll stay by your side through everything else in this cold, harsh reality.

"That's good to hear, Luna." Celestia said once the carriage got back to the hill and stopped flying momentarily, "I feel better that way, no doubt the foals feel the same way as well, even if they don't realize it."

"That reminds me, Luna said as she turned back towards the 6 playing foals before lifting them up into the foal seats again and securing them in tightly with the little padded bars, "I'm sorry that i had to interrupt your game, my Foals Of Harmony, but it's time for us to head home now."

"Aww,why we have to weave so soon?" Applejack asked after the doors were shut and Luna signalled the driver to start moving again, "I wanna see mowe of dis outside worwd."

"Maybe some other time." Celestia said once the carriage was flying again, "The guards do get a little worried when we're not giving orders or decrees, and to be honest, it really isn't safe in some parts of the outside world. You all need to be safe and everything needs to be foalproofed for you at this moment, until you grow up into the Spirits Of Harmony again."

"Awww." the foals said in a defeated tone before the carriage did a little swoop, causing them to giggle again. Whether or not they were focusing on their dilemma and/or joys, the six foals loved the flying carriage rides.

"How long do you thing it will take them to grow?" Luna asked Celestia as they got closer to the castle again.

"In all honesty, i don't really know." Celestia slightly lowered her head, "If the spell bolt comes out white instead of pink and blue, it could delay their aging process by a couple of years." She turned to face Luna again, "The colour of the spell bolt tells the pony how powerful the spell is, since it was a white bolt Twilight conjured up, my research on the age-spells have led me to conclude that white age-spell bolts mean the ponies that it hits will age one year every TEN years."

"Oh my." Luna almost stopped a little, "They're going to be foals for 20 to 30 years before they become toddlers."

"I knew you'd be a little surprised." Celestia said once the carriage stopped on the castle road and the doors opened,

"Don't let it worry you right now." Celestia waled out and strapped the foal carrier onto Luna's back and sides, "Your top priority in the daylight, is to make sure the Foal Spirits are happy, healthy and most of all, safe."

"Very well, Sister. You have my word as the princess of the night." Luna then lifted the 6 foals out of the foal seats and strapped them into the foal carrier, once more using her magic to keep her from being crushed by the amount of weight she was carrying. Once she was inside the castle, she headed back into the nursery with the foals on her back, and then she let them run off and play again before conjuring the carrier out of sight, "20 to 30 years. How long could that be?"

Author's Note:

End Of Part 4

I needed to make sure this side prequel made sense. So i did the Pinkie Pie falls off cliff and is saved by Scootaloo scene again in this fic, with a few changed words. So, the Foal Mane 6 are going to age every 10 years, will it be a good 20 to 30 years? Or will something go wrong?. Unlike vampires however, these 6 have clearly enjoyed the sun and playing in it. More parts of the fic to come soon.

Rate
Comment
Like
Follow