• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 10,748 Views, 168 Comments

Foals Of Harmony - Shadowmane PX-41



When a new age spell is too powerful for Princess Twilight to handle, the Mane 6 find themselves as newborn foals again. Only this time they're all under the motherly guidance of Celestia and Luna.

  • ...
27
 168
 10,748

Going Swimming

On the morning of the next day, the Mane 6 all woke up in their nursery once more. They basked in the warming rays of Celestia's sun for quite some time before they noticed Luna walking into the room with a smile on her face. Their smiles never faded when they turned their gaze towards Luna. They had loved her and Celestia for helping them through this chaotic endeavour, both as parents and platonically as well.

They were all levitated out of their individual cribs gently with Luna's magic and put down on the floor to get a little playtime in before the events Luna would set in motion for them today.

"Good morning, little ones." Luna said, smiling as she let the Mane 6 lay their foalish eyes on her again.

"Good mowning, Mama Wuna!" they all said back to her with smiles on their faces once again. They knew that Luna's comforting gaze told them that everything was wonderful. They all had started to like being foals again, with Luna being there to guide them through this endeavour.

"I hope that you all have a wonderful day today with me and my sister," Luna said, nuzzling each of the foals in order. She went for Pinkie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Twilight and finally Rarity. "We've both got something good planned for you today..."

"Someting good?" Rarity said, her curiosity instantly piqued when Luna had finished talking. Now that she was a foal, Rarity always looked forward to whatever the day's adventures might bring. "Wat is it, Mama Wuna?"

"You'll find out soon enough, Rarity. But for now, I think you and the rest of the girls need to have some playtime before I show you," Luna said, getting Rarity to wonder what could possibly be in store for her and her friends. "Now off you go, I'll be right here if you need anything..."

"Tanks, Mama Wuna!" the group all said before they toddled off to go and play with their toys and whatever they could find.

The Mane 6 all moved to whatever caught their eyes. For Rarity, it was a rather soft cuddly doll that had her attention. She picked up the doll and hugged it tightly, letting herself become immersed in the soothingly soft fabrics of the toy she was swaddling.

As for Applejack and Pinkie, they found the blocks to be a rather enjoyable thing to play with. They spent their time casually stacking the colourful plastic bricks to be quite a wonderful thing for them to do. It had been so long since they had had such a wonderful experience of being foals and were actually quite happy that this had happened to them all.

Twilight and Fluttershy were over with the stuffed animals. They'd laid them all in a circle and were having what looked like an imaginary tea party with all the cuddly animals they had found. They drank imaginary tea from imaginary cups and made cute foal talk between sips.

"Umm... Mama? Can yoo pway Hide-and-seek wid me?" Rainbow Dash asked as she crawled over to Luna once she saw the other girls were rather busy with what they were doing. She looked up at the motherly alicorn princess of the night with puppy-dog eyes and waited for her response.

"Of course, Rainbow Dash..." Luna said, stroking her rainbow coloured mane gently. She smiled as she caressed her sweet little foal and wanted to make sure that she was happy and healthy for the journey ahead of her. "Now then, you run off and hide whilst I count to ten, alright?"

"Hehe, otay, Mama Wuna." Rainbow Dash smiled as she waited for Luna to close her eyes up and begin her counting.

"Alright then. Run off and hide, little one..." Luna covered up her eyes with her hooves and immediately heard Rainbow Dash scurrying away to another part of the nursery. She smiled upon hearing this sound and decided to play along with it. "One... Two... Three..."

Rainbow Dash ran over to her mini-room, trying to hide behind whatever she found to be the best hiding spot. She first thought that her swing would be a good spot, but then shrugged it off when she realized that her hooves and diaper would be visible. Eventually, she made a dive for the ball pit and hid inside, hoping that the sounds of her friends would cancel out the noise that the shuffling plastic balls would make.

"Eight... Nine... Ten! Ready or not, here I come, Rainbow Dash!" Luna said, in the most playful manner she could have mustered up. Her enthusiasm meant that she was ready to begin the hunt for Rainbow Dash.

Luna walked around the nursery, looking for Rainbow Dash in every possible area she could think of. First, she started with the cribs, seeing as they were tall enough for a foal to crawl under as a good hiding point. When that effort proved fruitless, she moved on to the mini-rooms that had lots of things inside of them.

"Oh my... Wherever could that little rapscallion be?" Luna said in a rather medium-loud voice, trying to coax Rainbow Dash out with some of her reverse-psychology. "I guess that if I can't find her, she won't be able to have her special treat for the day..."

"A tweat?!" Rainbow Dash immediately burst up from the ball-pit and ran over to Princess Luna, immediately remembering what game they'd been playing and now knew how clever Luna had just been.

"Haha, got you, Rainbow Dash." Luna said as she gently booped Rainbow Dash's muzzle, getting her to hang her head in defeat.

"Aww, howsefeathews." Rainbow Dash said in a conceded tone as she finally pieced together the fact that Luna had been playing her like a harp with her little ruse.

"Don't look so sad, Rainbow Dash. It's common for foals to be found in Hide-and-seek..." Luna said, recalling her own memories of being a foal and being found by Celestia. "It's something that all foals learn. You just have to go with the flow."

"Go wid da fwow?" Rainbow Dash wondered what that could have meant to her.

"Yes. Go with the flow. Just like you always have been, Rainbow Dash," Luna went on, reminding Rainbow Dash of her true self. "By doing what you think is right, you'll be able to accomplish many things. Soon you'll be back in the air with no effort at all, I assure you."

"Otay, Mama Wuna. I'ww twy." Rainbow Dash said, perking up a little once she'd heard Luna's words of encouragement.

"Very good, Rainbow Dash," Luna said, smiling at the fact that Rainbow Dash was finally catching on with what she'd been saying to her. "I look forward to seeing what you can do in the future..."

She then went off to let Rainbow Dash get back to her playing before going off to get the nearby foal carrier from the door. She picked the carrier up with her magic and put it on her back once more. Whilst she did so, she had noticed that all the foals were all quite curious as to know where they'd be going.

The Mane 6 all took notice of Luna and her foal carrier. They were still playing with their toys and whatever they still had, but they had their eyes focused primarily on Luna's foal carrier.

"Well then, little ones. I believe that now's the time for us to reveal that surprise I mentioned earlier..." Luna said as she addressed all of the Mane 6 with a smile on her face.

"Oh? Wat is it, Mama Wuna?" Fluttershy asked, a look of curiosity showing with Luna's statement wrapped around her ears. She liked surprises, as did the rest of the Mane 6.

"Today, you're going to go..." Luna lit up her horn and began to create something out of thin air. She made special inflatable armbands first, followed by what looked like inflatable rings that could hold the Mane 6, with different animal heads coming out of the front. All of this was followed up by what looked like thin swim diapers with the Mane 6's colours and Cutie Marks all over them. Luna smiled as she cast another spell, this time on herself, so that she was now wearing a swimsuit with her Cutie Mark on the front of it. "Swimming!"

"Swimming?" the foals all asked together. It had been such a long time since they'd even heard of such a concept and were now quite interested to see where Luna was going with this.

"Yes, little ones. Swimming with me, Celestia and two foals from the Shrine," Luna furthered her explanation to the Mane 6, now giving them the option to bring some more foals with them. "Now then, who do you want to bring with you from the Shrine?"

The Mane 6 all huddled together and put all their heads together, as a sign that they were starting to think about who should come with them. They put their hooves around each other, to prove that they were all in this decision together.

"So, who do yoo tink we shouwd bwing wid us?" Twilight began the discussion, wondering who her friends had in mind.

"Hmm... Weww, I do tink dat Shad wouwd wike dis sowta ting..." Rarity said, reminding the other foals of me. They'd grown quite attached to me since my arrival in my own story and were wondering how their fun would possibly be complete without me. "But who ewse shouwd we bwing?"

"How about Fwittew?" Fluttershy asked, remembering how adorable Flitter was as a foal. She thought that she would make the perfect candidate for a swimming session with the Mane 6. "She seems wathew cute..."

"I wasn't pewsonawwy tinking dat, Fwuttewshy..." Applejack said, voicing her own, foalish opinions. "I was mowe awong da wines of dat bwack-haiwed foaw dat hangs out wid Shad aww da time..."

"Oh yeah! Dat foaw!" Pinkie said, remembering Night Mist rather well. Even though she was a foal, she still remembered friends when she'd spent some time with them. "Wat was his name, dough? I can't seem ta wemembew..."

"I tink he cawwed him Nighty, ow someting awong dose wines..." Twilight added on to their little discussion. "Yeah, dat must have been it. Nighty!"

"Oh yeah! He was wathew fun ta pway wid as weww!" Rainbow Dash said, remembering the fun time she'd spent with Night Mist during their trip to the Shrine yesterday. "He pways a good game of Tag, wet me teww yoo..."

The other foals all babbled happily at that idea. They'd seen me and Night Mist as rather playful little foals and were completely on board with the idea of bringing the two of us with them.

"So, Shad and Nighty. Aww in favouw waise youw hoof and say 'Aye'." Twilight said, addressing the group with her final decision.

"Aye!" The foals all said together, smiling and gigging all the way.

"Then it's settwed. Shad and Nighty it is!" Twilight announced, throwing her hooves into the air with glee and excitement. She'd never had so much fun during a discussion, especially one where they were choosing friends to take swimming with them.

"So, who have you decided on, girls?" Luna asked once the foals had finally crawled back to her.

"Shad and Nighty!" They all said together, repeatedly. They said it at least six times before Luna decided to stop them with her hoof.

"So, Shadowmane and Night Mist is it?" Luna smiled as she used her magic to levitate the Mane 6 into the foal carrier so that she could begin her travel to the shrine to pick me and Night Mist up. "Very well then, let's get going, little ones."

The foals all cheered happily once Luna had put them into the carrier and secured them in each of the seats once more. They could see Luna was about to move and eagerly awaited their departure from their room.

Luna levitated all the swimming gear she'd created and teleported it away to where she presumed was the royal pool. Once this task was done, she used her magic as a support to hold up all six of the foals whilst she walked towards the Shrine.


"So, Shad. How awe tings wid yoo and Discowd?" Night Mist asked me when we'd finally had a little bit of a break from our game of Tag. He'd been curious about my state with Discord after he'd stopped the whole 'taking-over-the-author's-notes' thing. "Isn't he supposed ta be contwowwing youw Authow's Notes?"

"Actuawwy, dat is a vewy good question..." I said as I put one of my front hooves to my chin and looked up towards the roof of the Shrine. "I wondew whatevew happened ta him..."


Shadowmane's House

12:31 PM


5 Weeks Ago...

"Discord!" A voice said from the heavens, getting Discord to immediately shudder in fear. He knew that voice anywhere.

"Oh crap! Lauren Faust!" He said, immediately springing up from his current position and hiding inside the drawer underneath my bed. He could see nothing but blue boxes, containing games for the Wii U. "Hmm... Shadowmane seems to be a rather big Bayonetta fan, isn't he?" He said, eyeing up both of the Bayonetta games I had for Wii U. Both the classic Bayonetta, and Bayonetta 2. (Which is so freaking awesome!)

"I mean, seriously. Who said that the Wii U was a kiddie system?" Discord said, going through the other games I had in that drawer. "Stuff like ZombiU and The Wonderful 101. I'm surprised more bronies haven't picked up this console..."

"But seriously, ladies and gentlemen, the Wii U is a rather interesting piece of software." Discord says to you, breaking the 4th wall once more. "If you thought that the fight with Tirek in Season 4 was hardcore, you obviously haven't seen how you defeat Jergingha at the end of The Wonderful 101. Seriously, it's a final attack that would put even Rainbow Power to shame!"

"There you are!" Lauren said, violently pulling the drawer out to its' longest length with her magic and grabbing Discord with it. She took him out and cast a spell on him, crucifying him to the wall, with his head just underneath my Equestria Girls The Parody Series print I received from ZXInsanity at BUCK 2014. "You've got a LOT of explaining to do, Discord!"

"Come now, Lauren. You know explaining's not my type," Discord said as he teleported away from his crucifix and showed up behind Lauren with a whiteboard and projector. "I'd much rather leave that task to a projector, thank you very much."

"Enough games!" Lauren said, casting a spell on Discord, turning him into solid ice. Once this task was done, she opened up a magical inter-dimensional portal and threw Discord through it. "Around 10,000 years in the Northern Equestrian Glaciers ought to CHILL you out!"

"Sorry for interrupting your story, viewer or viewers. I just had to punish Discord for trying to hijack my grandson's fic. I simply saw no fruit growing from the chaotic tree he planted in this story," she says, turning towards you with a sorry face showing. "But, luckily for you, his antics haven't stopped my grandson from bringing you this chapter. So, I hope you enjoy the rest of it."

"Oh, and while you're here. Make sure you check out my grandson's Dazzlings trilogy called The Siren Song. He's spent an awful long time on it, so I hope you can give him all the support and comments you can give him," She opened up a second portal after closing the first one. "Well, that's all for now. I'll let you get back to the story..."


The Shrine

Now

"Nah. I'm suwe he's just swacking on da job, as usuaw..." I said, shrugging off any suspicions I had in the past. "Wet's not focus on it wight now, dough. What we shouwd be focusing on is... Tag! You'we it!"

"Hey! No faiw, Shad! I wasn't weady!" Night Mist says before chasing after me once more. He was determined to make me It once again after he'd been caught off-guard. "I'm gonna get yoo weaw hawd dis time!"

We'd been spending so much time playing Tag with each other, we hadn't even noticed that Celestia and Luna had arrived at the Shrine. They spoke to the caretakers and then waited at the door. It was at this time, we had been levitated up from our current positions and brought up to Glimmer. She looked at the two of us with a smile before telling us why she'd picked us up.

"Shadowmane, Night Mist. Celestia and Luna require your presence." She said, putting us onto her back before walking us over to our two motherly alicorns.

"Wat couwd Mama Wuna want wid us?" I asked Night Mist.

"I hope we'we not in twoubwe..." Night Mist looked a little concerned. He usually ends most of his blog posts by running away from Celestia and the royal guards.

"Wewax, Nighty. You'we not in youw own vewsion of da stowy. You'we in mine now," I said, relaxing him and relieving him of his doubts and concerns. "Dun wowwy, Nighty. Mama Wuna and Mama Cewestia awe actuawwy quite woving in dis vewsion. You'ww see..."

"I hope so..." he replies, still unsure whether or not that was true.

The Mane 6 immediately saw us and smiled.

"Hi, Shad! Hi, Nighty!" they all said to us, waving their foalish hooves in the air as a sign of greeting.

"Hi, giwws!" we both reply to them, smiling as we get placed on Celestia's back, so that we're next to Luna and the Mane 6.

"Alright, you two. Have fun on your little treat today!" Glimmer says, waving us off when Celestia and Luna begin their travel towards the nearby royal pool. "I'll be right here waiting for your return. And I'll even have your favourite toys and pacifiers with me as well!"

"Otay! Bye, Gwimmew!" we both say back to her, before she returns to the Shrine to care for the other foalized authors and background ponies.

"Hehe. Do yoo know wat we'we doing today, Shad?" Pinkie asks me, once we're away from the Shrine's doors and begin to move down another set of doors and windows.

"Umm... Awe we going to a foaw pway awea?" I ask back, clearly oblivious to the fact that I was heading towards the only custom I liked more than gaming; swimming.

"I wish! But no." Pinkie responded, letting out a little chuckle afterwards.

"Ooh! Awe we heading to da Cantewwot Scuwptuwe Gawden?" Night Mist asks Pinkie this time. He too was curious to know where the two of us were going with the Mane 6. "I've awways wondewed how dat maze wooks widout Discowd's insidious spew vexing it..."

"Awmost. It's cwose ta dewe, but not exactwy dewe," Pinkie said, letting Night Mist know that he too was incorrect. "You'we just a teeny-tiny wittwe bit off..."

"Den dat means..." I said, turning to Night Mist.

"We'we going to..." He said, turning towards me.

"Da woyaw poow!" We both said together, letting out little chuckles afterwards. It was rather fun to say the exact same thing together at the exact same time. It made us feel like we were truly brothers in a world full of technicolour ponies.

"Cowwect, yoo two!" Pinkie said, throwing up her hooves, not even noticing the confetti that flew out of them.

"Oh boy! I'm so excited! I WOVE swimming!" I say to him. I was a massive fan of the entire concept of being able to swim. I loved every aspect of swimming, from the clothes I'd wear, right down to the amount of time I could stay under the water for.

"You'we a huge fan of swimming, awen't yoo, Shad?" Night Mist said, immediately noticing my enthusiasm showing as the mere word 'swimming' had been mentioned.

"Yeah! In fact, I can't wait ta see wat da woyaw poow wooks wike..." I'd heard of the royal pool before, but never saw it for myself. I was now looking forward to what the pool looked like.

The two sisters arrived at two different doors. One with yellow and white colours and a more celestial design on the door and another door with dark purple and dark blue colours and a more lunar design on this one.

"Alright, sister. I shall take the Foals of Harmony. You shall take Shadowmane and Night Mist," Luna said as she opened up her door as Celestia opened up hers. "We shall regroup once they've been slipped into their swimming diapers."

"Very well, Luna. Have fun with the two of them..." Celestia said as she went her way with me and Night Mist, so that her sister could care for the Mane 6.

Me and Night Mist were treated to a rather beautiful looking morning design with celestial magic swirling around us. Of course, we did know that it was part of Celestia's magic, but we didn't care about that. We were too distracted with the beautifully animated morning magic that we didn't even speak. We just let out coos of wonder and excitement when we saw all that Celestia had to show us...