• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 641 Views, 9 Comments

The Magic of A Dream - MajorFrostwing



Lance Nightmare. A pony with the power to absorb nightmares but the problem is he is doomed to suffer from them. Can Luna save him from these nightmares?

  • ...
8
 9
 641

The Last Fear

The Magic of A Dream
The Last Fear.

By Major Frostwing

Lance was asleep looking around in this new dreamscape seeing nothing wrong just darkness. He awoke in what seemed to be a cell he looked around sighing. "What have you gotten yourself into now Lance." The unicorn said with a sigh he stood up and walked to the bars. Looking out into the dimly lit cobblestone walls he saw two guards standing outside his cell. "Come here often boys?" Lance asked with a fake smile. They didn't move. "Of course you won't talk it's pounded into you guys to not talk unless ordered to." Lance walked to a wall and leaned against it he was about to fall asleep but the image of Celestia about to kill him woke him up. He couldn't sleep the nightmare she had caused within him would kill him if he fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sister you are being unreasonably." Luna yelled slamming her hoof on the ground. Celestia didn't look towards her.

"He was trying to take advantage of you Luna can't you see that." Celestia said looking to Luna with sadness in her eyes. "Why can't you see that he was purposely getting you drunk for that reason to take advantage of you?" Celestia asked her sister trying to get her to understand her reasoning.

"That's not true Sister and you know that I drank on my own accord I wanted to have the courage to do what he did." Luna answered with a deep blush she looked away from her sister trying to hide her blush. Celestia was confused with Luna this behavior was not like her.

"What can he do that draws your fancy Luna?" Celestia asked. Luna looked up at her sister confused as to why she would ask such a question of her. Luna fidgetted trying to come up with an answer to the question when it finally came to her.

"He doesn't fear me. He is not afraid to be near me or speak his mind around me. Nervous but that is because he likes me not because I am a princess but because I am a pony just like him." Luna said with confidence knowing her answer was true and from the bottom of her heart she knew she was right.

Celestia smiled. "Then lets put this to the test shall we?" Celestia said with a devilish grin. Luna shivered at the smile she never saw this side of her sister it scared her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance had remained awake for what felt like forever in the darkness in reality he was only awake for 4 days. "I need to sleep but I know what awaits me." Lance said as he heard the door at the top of the dungeon open he only looked at his guards stiffen all the other creatures in the dungeon began to make all kinds of noise. "WILL YOU ALL SHUT THE BUCK UP!" Lance boomed the dungeon went silent. Lance leaned back against the wall of his cell sighing. He look outside his cell to see Luna Lance looked away from her he didn't want her to see him like this.

"Lance Nightmare you have be charged with a serious crime and we are giving you one chance to clear your name of the charges you have to survive your nightmares and defeat all of them." Celestia said calmly with a smile. "Only then will you be allowed out of this cell. But if you fail... You will never be allowed out." Celestia looked at Lance with malice. "Do you accept?" She asked him calmly.

"I accept but you might want to bring in a medical team to keep me alive." Lance said with a smile. "Oh and Princess Celestia one more thing." Lance said letting a devilish smile cross his face. "I never lose." Lance said as the Princess' walked out of the dungeon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance was hooked up to an EKG Machine an IV in his arm slowly dripping an anestesia Lance looked up to Celestia and Luna. "This is going to hurt." Lance said outloud which made Luna worry Lance looked at her with a smile. "It will be ok Luna I won't lose Not even to your nightmare." Lance said with a smile. The anestetic began to take effect Lance felt his eye lids get heavy he yawned knowing the first nightmare he would face would be a dangerous one.

Lance could swear he heard Luna whisper something to him but he was already slipping he thought he heard her say. "You better come back." That was what Lance was going to do no matter what.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance awoke in his dreamscape he looked around at the pure white background surrounding him he couldn't help but chuckle. "Fitting if I do say so myself." Lance said as he turned around looking face to face with a shadow it looked like him even wore the same hat except this one was younger looking than him.

"You have so easily forgotten your first nightmare the one who feeds off the nightmares of others." The young colt said as it began to circle Lance. "I even feed off of your nightmares. The most recent one almost over powered me but I devored it just like the rest." The colt stopped infront of Lance staring him down. "And now you have come to try and kill me for some princess... How Pathetic." It spat as a large claw grew out of it's back slamming into Lance's side rocketing him away.

"To think I would ever love you." A voice spoke

"We wanted a normal son yet we got you... How disappointing." Another voice said hatefully.

"Useless talent useless Stallion nothing new." A voice spat.

"I don't care about anything any one of you have to say... This is my world and you better understand that in my world I have something you don't." Lance said with a smile as he stood up slowly.

"What do you have that we don't Lance pray tell?" The young colt asked coldly.

"I have your nightmares inside of you." Lance said as he cast his nightmare extraction spel causing the young colt to spasm as his nightmare was extracted from him. "The reason you try to kill me every night every time I sleep is because you fear me and what I can do." 20 different forms of lance appeared next to the original all staring down the nightmares. "Time to say goodnight my friend and goodbye." The horn of all the Lance's glowed different colors and a multicolored shockwave carved through the nightmares like a hot knife through butter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lance still slept he was sleeping for atleast 2 days now still breathing and showing only the ocational EKG spike but other than that he was still alive. Luna watched him day and night for any signs of his awakening she saw him begin to glow the black fur began to purify and turn white When he was completely white Lance opened his eyes looking at his hoofs then at Luna. "Told you I never lose." Lance said Luna hugged Lance tightly crying she missed him so much it hurt. Lance only petted her softly waiting for her to calm down but found out she had fallen asleep in his embrace.

Celestia walked into the room noting Lance's pure white coat smiling. "I guess you are free to go Mr. Nightmare." She said with a smile Lance looked at her sadness in his eyes.

"Will I be able to still see Luna even after all of this?" Lance asked calmly looking at Luna holding her tightly so she didn't fall out of his grip.

"You may Lance but on one condition." She said Lance was about to agree but she stopped him. "You have to keep her happy no matter what and never hurt her." Celestia said with a smile as she left the room.

Lance looked down to Luna a tear streamed down his face. "I can't keep that promise Princess because one day I will die and make her cry." Lance said as he continued to cry.

Author's Note:

Should I make a second part of this series? Or should I just have it end there? Please tell me in the comments. Also working on a new story when the first chapter is out tell me what you think criticism is appreciated.

Comments ( 5 )

welll you can't end it here this isn'[t an ending.

3751044
Hear hear! :flutterrage:

I get the lance part of his name now...

Just so everyone knows I will be making a second story right after this one continuing the story. The story is not over just yet :raritywink:

3756031
and what do you mean you know the reason I would like to know how you came up with the reason
:raritystarry:

3802384

I hope you enjoy the entirety of the story

Login or register to comment