• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 1,720 Views, 25 Comments

Dr. Whooves: The Oncoming Storm. - Chris94677



The (in)famous Time Lord, who has fought Gods and Demons, who lost his home to a blaze of fire. Now has a new challenge, finding a way out of Equestria.

  • ...
6
 25
 1,720

Chapter 1: A Whole New World.

The same box, same sonic screwdriver, same doctor but it wasn't the same. He was all alone now. Just a madman and his box, off to see the universe. He occasionally visited some old faces and old friends. Though they didn't know him yet, some old, some new, but he knew them all, and yearned for the times he had with them. He missed them with all two hearts that he had. But they were all gone now. It always ended like that, you can't run forever. And The Doctor new that better than anyone. He knew loss better than anyone. He watched as the city of Arcadia fall. His world fall. He watched his people die. All of them, he was the last of the Time Lords. The ancient race of humanoids who kept watch over time and space. He did it as well, he killed them all. Every man, woman, and child on Gallifrey. Perhaps that was the most chilling thing about it all. Him knowing that billions of children died by his hand. A man forced to kill his entire race. And he was cursed to live on. The curse of the The Doctor. He has seen things that would make would-be gods tremble. He has come face to face with the devil himself, and laughed at him.

He lost everyone now, as he always did. Two hearts, and he truly did feel twice the heartbreak. But he lived on, making sure the sacrifices, they made would not be in vain. He witnessed as his wife died as he helplessly looked on. His own daughter died in his very hands. And he stood in horror as his best friend sacrificed herself to be with the man she loved. It had to be this way. It was his punishment for the horror he caused. That in some worlds the word Doctor, translated into great warrior. That he could make armies tremble at his very name. Doctor Who. He saved the universe countless times, and countless planets to match. But he was truly one, if not the most infamous being in the entire universe.

But regardless of the pain he felt. He would never stop, he would save the universe, if he liked it or not. Though he usually did. He was traveling now, no planets that needed saving, no pocket universe that cried for his name. He took the moment of peace for what it was, rest. Though sometimes it isn't just his universe that needs saving. The Doctor was flying his bigger on the inside blue box through time and space. When it made a funny noise.

"Oi well, that didn't sound good. You alright old girl?", The Doctor said well patting his TARDIS control panel. It made the sound again and again.

"The shielding is down?! What?!", he said astonished, what was happening?!

He scurried down beneath his control panels and was investigating the wiring when a sudden jerk flew him across the floor. As he was holding his head, a fire started off in a corner. Suddenly his eyes widened. Only one thing in the universe could bring down the TARDIS shields in an instant without warning, and only one thing could completely fry all his Time systems. The Doctor realized what was happening. He checked the date and place. Before saying out load the startling realization.

"The incident at Karin J-9B... Black Hole vs Supernova...", The Doctor said with a touch of fear in his voice. He knew all too well that no one knows what happened to the star and black hole. Only that what ever happened, it caused a split second fracture in Time.

The TARDIS made even worse sounds as it moaned and groaned as it the fires started to spread. Sirens were wailing, as the TARDIS was being sucked into the Black Hole. The Time Lord was running around the control panel trying desperately to get out of the situation that would surely result in the final extinction of the Time Lords. But it was to avail. The TARDIS outer hull was starting to breach, The Doctor and his blue box were now at the complete mercy of the Time Void itself. The TARDIS wailed as the last security systems completely shut down. The Doctor uttered one last word before it all went to black.

"Geronimo!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor woke up on a field. Groaning in pain, and trembling with the horrific agony he was in. He looked at his body, there was a scary amount of blood. He looked at his surroundings, he was in a field surrounded by flowers and trees. This was it, he had to be to far gone for regeneration to kick in, right?. He closed his eyes for a split second. Before hearing a strange voice. It was scratchy, rather rigid, feminine as well.

"Sweet merciful Luna! Are you okay dud-" The voice stopped suddenly, whatever it was, it must have seen the blood and realized what The Doctor already knew. The Doctor uttered one word, his voice cracking with the severe pain he was in.

"Peachy."

His voice trailed on with the word. As his voice slowly gave. The voice seemed unconvinced.

"Woah! Hold on dude, I'll get you out of here and to...!", the feminine voice said trailing.

The Doctor, rolling his eyes painfully at the stupidity that this creature couldn't realize he was dying one way or another. Decided to humor himself given it was pointless anyway.

"I would imagine a hospital would be a fitting place?", The Doctor groaned mentally wishing for a pair of sunglasses, given even with his eyes crunched tight it was still like he was staring at the sun.

"Ya! Duh! Just you know, what are you?!", the voice said.

Great more stupid questions being asked to a dying man. No he shouldn't think that, they're are no such thing as stupid questions. Groaning both in pain and also in frustration. The Doctor said,

"I am a Time Lord, a race of beings you probably never heard of, now please, hospital, or can you leave me to die in peace?!"

"Sorry! Ya here I'll fly you over right now, don't worry we'll be there in ten seconds flat!", the voice said, as it faded into nothing.

The Doctor managed one last word before passing out from blood loss,

"Perfect"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"We did all we can for him, this creature whatever it is. Has a very different anatomy than ponies, Rainbow. I am not sure if we made a difference at all. I'm sorry." Nurse Redheart said.

Rainbow Dash shook her head slowly, "No he'll make it...." Rainbow Dash said slowly, before continuing, "Celestia, I don't even know his name..."

Rainbow Dash looked at the mysterious creature. She didn't even know his name. And here she was watching him die. She refused to leave the room. She slept there and ate there. Her friends came in to see her and the creature. They all seemed to have no idea what a Time Lord was. Twilight Sparkle, an Alicorn princess took the most interest in the strange being. She said it had a similar appearance to that of a Human. But it couldn't be a human, since it had two hearts. The next day Rainbow Dash woke up after falling asleep for a few hours to find the man still in a coma. When suddenly he woke up.

"Wher-, where am I?", The Doctor uttered.

"You're alive! The Doctors said you wouldn't wake up!", Rainbow Dash said with shock.

"Disappointed?" The Doctor said with a laugh. Before groaning with pain.

"Listen to m-", The Doctor continued, before being cut off by the strange creature that was in front of him.

"You must be as tough as I am! Nopony I know could have survived injuries like that! Nurse Redheart said you had some thing called internal hem-hemorr-hag-ging. And the Doctors couldn't do anything!"

"I am not going to survive.", The Doctor said groaning, in frustration at being constantly cut off.

"What! But you woke up! You aren't dying!", Rainbow Dash screeched,.

"I will continue to live, but not in this body, listen to me. This is very" The Doctor said, before crying out in pain.

"You'll be okay! I will get Nurse Redheart hold on!", Rainbow Dash yelled then before she could move The Doctor grabbed her.

"LISTEN! I will regenerate into a new body, it will still be me, but a whole new body!", The Doctor explained, all the while twitching with pain.

But before Rainbow Dash could respond, she saw the impossible. The strange man, body was surrounded in aura of light that seemed to be radiating off his body. She looked away as his body seemed to turn to fire, all the while The Doctor screamed in agony as his entire body morphed into something completely new! When the rainbow maned pony looked back at the man. She couldn't believe her eyes. The strange creature turned into a PONY!

"What?! How is that! How did you! Who are you!", Rainbow Dash yelled at the new brown maned and coated pony that now stood in front of her.

The Doctor jumped out of the hospital bed. And smiled, as he chuckled at his new body.

"Pony? Oi, well that's new. Never been a pony before, come to think of it, I don't think any Time Lord has been a pony. All a bit strange really." The Doctor stated, while moving his jaw, and trotting in a circle. And wagging his tail, and flexing his ears.

"Wait tell me one thing", The Doctor said, he was about to say something when he shook his head and said something else.

"Wait hold on then, I didn't even catch my hero's name. Who are you?

Rainbow Dash stuttered her words, "Uh, my name is. Umm..."

"Umm? That's a strange name, granted I've heard stranger. But Umm, just sounds so boring, tell me Umm, what planet are we on?

Rainbow Dash continued to stare at the mysterious stallion that now stood before her.

"What? Cat got your tongue? Huh, do you have cats here? Oooh, that would be brilliant. Ponies and cats living side by side. Can you imagine?" The Doctor said, laughing.

"We, ya. We have cats, my friend Rarity has one. But no, they are just pets, silly", Rainbow Dash said while laughing. Before getting serious again.

"My name is Rainbow Dash, not Umm, by the way. Fastest Pegasus in all of Equestria, the bravest, the coolest, most awesomest pony", Rainbow Dash said while striking a pose.

"Fantastic I'm sure you are.", The Doctor said while having a huge grin on his face.

"Ya hehe." Rainbow Dash said as she tried to suppress a slight blush.

"Now tell this one thing Rainbow Dash, am I ginger?" The Doctor said as if it was the most serious thing in the world.

"No your mane is just brown." Rainbow Dash asked with her head slightly bent, "How did you not know that?"

The Doctor let out a loud melodramatic groan before answering, "Why am I never GINGER? Even as a pony I am STILL not GINGER!" The Doctor yelled, before looking at the mare in front of him,

"Sorry, new body, and there isn't a mirror in here so I have no idea what I even look like!" The Doctor said laughing.

"Hey! You are avoiding my question! Who are you!" Rainbow Dash said almost accusingly.

"Why does it matter who I am?", The Doctor said.

"Because I just hauled your flank all the way from where I found you to this hospital! That's why, now tell me who you are!" Rainbow Dash, quickly said.

"I'm the Doctor, I'm a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, in the constellation Kastorborous, I'm 1143 years old. The oncoming storm, bringer of darkness, destroyer of worlds. And right now, I am really hungry." The Doctor said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Rainbow Dash just stared at The Doctor, then shook her head and said,

"Huh? Doctor Who!"

Author's Note:

Thanks for taking the time to read my new story. It's my first so I am not expecting it to be all that great really. But as a huge Doctor Who fan, I am hoping to make it interesting. By putting my own spin on the Doctor Whooves thing. I realize the chapter ended with a bit of a cliff hanger. But I will be chugging out new chapters hopefully daily. Depending on whether or not this gets off the ground.