• Published 20th Dec 2014
  • 1,059 Views, 6 Comments

Tales of Virtues and Harmony - Wannabe Scholar



The time before time has passed. The Matoran and their Toa protectors have been dispersed, and now, the ponies rule. Yet, remnants of the ancient civilization remains, remnants which the ponies face.

  • ...
1
 6
 1,059

NEWS REGARDING MY STORIES

Author's Note:

Hello, to anyone who is reading this. I apologize for not being on the site for a long time. However, I have sadder news regarding my stories: I will be discontinuing most of my stories on FIMFiction.

I'm doing this because I felt I have not been fully committed to any of my stories on FIMFiction: Secrets, Truths, and Retribution (or STR) started out more as an idea that I did fully planned out and had high expectations to make it work. However, I posted it before season 4, and as the seasons went on, I became less and less comfortable with my initial plans and my story in general. The same applied to my SW/MLP crossover, Worlds Intertwined. I had a full story planned out and had high expectations to make it work, but I lost interest in it with things like Disney making the old EU non-canon, and the ever-changing material in new MLP episodes.

Because of this, I haven't paid much attention to those stories, as many of you readers have noticed. I haven't touched Worlds Intertwined in years, and STR was only given its new chapter at the start of the year. I felt like I was pushing myself to write these stories to finish them, instead of wanting to write them. It got worse with a number of things happening in real life (graduating from college, getting a job, etc.), and my lack of interest in MLP, and FIMFiction. I barely watched anything from Season 4 or 5, I haven't even watched season 6 (nor I do feel the need to do so), and my focus has been on other shows like Voltron: Legendary Defender, RWBY, SW Rebels, and others. I don't think MLP is bad, I'm just not as interested as I used to be. Another thing is that I have recently been planning on some non-MLP-related stories, possibly a long-term project (if I ever have the free time, that is), that will take my time away from most of my other stories. I don't want to make readers, people who have been enjoying my stories, to see just one chapter and wait another year for the next one to show up.

That being said, Falling from the Stars will continue. Unlike the other two mentioned, I don't feel any real compulsion to update the story so quickly. I feel like I can take my time, and it's easy on me to write the chapters. Also, I do have an idea for a MLP crossover-I have completed the prologue, and I would like to write some more before I post it, but we'll see how long that'll take. I'm not so sure about my Bionicle/MLP crossover, Tales of Virtues and Harmony, but I feel I can make it work. If not, I will discontinue it.

I apologize to anyone who has enjoyed these stories, but I feel it has to be done. My stories won't progress much, if it all, and it won't be helpful to either the readers, or myself, if I just let them stay there for years on end. If anyone wishes to continue the work, then please send me a PM with your intent to adopt the story. I will send the documents that has my notes, drafts, and the chapters made thus far.

-W.S.