• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 540 Views, 3 Comments

Never Forget - SweetCocoa



Shining armor discovers his wife was a changeling. And that the letter she leaves behind is all he'll ever get..

  • ...
3
 3
 540

To you

Author's Note:

This is my 1ST story ever! My inspiration is from a dear friend of mine on FIMFICTION. (Her name is strawberrymocha) I hope you open your eyes and read this with a open mind. This is a badly written story, but I hope you get the grasping concept.

Suggestions and tips are suggested! Feel free to leave tips. I enjoy them so much! This story was first suggested by @lunaofmoonshine on Twitter. I just worked my magic on her ideas. Hope you love it! Merry December.

Sweet Cocoa. Inspiration for the pony character mentioned.

The Prince

Shining armor trots over to his bed stand and finds a Letter. It was a creamy color, Heavy and expensive. It must have been important. The seal had a crystal printed on it and Shining armor lifted it with caution.

Dear shining,
I'm very sorry. I never should have touched your life. For I ruined it. Don't play me innocent! I never was a Princess, or anything special. You see I was only a monster from the dawn of our love. I could never have even bore you a child! For I could hurt you. And changelings don't bear children like regular ponies....

TH-THUMP

I really love you, but its impossible for us ever to have a future. Because I DON'T have a future. I always fed off your love for me...But others tempted me endlessly. Like that pony from the hardware depot. Clover, wasn't it? I'm not in league with you. I'm just a shallow fake changeling, you fell in love with.

THH-THUMP

I feel as though I stole half your precious life...I can't make up for it. I'm so sorry, Shining. But this is a clear confession. I also knew you couldn't love me for all forever. Because I knew your eyes would also wonder. Like I know you must have a crush on the pony Sweet Cocoa at the bakery. And because of all this, I'm leaving. Because I can't control you. I'm not just feeding. This felt real. I never wanted to go this far

My heart falters slowly....

This started as a feeding Expedition my queen requested. I was a loyal fool, who wished to gain praise from my queen...To have a honor which speaking of. But the mission turned out to be more than that. I wish It could have been anyone BUT you. But your love meter was like a rocket ready to be launched. It was so lustful I HAD to do it to not disappoint her ladyship...

My eyes widened and tears poured more...

That's why the Queen herself came during our Wedding. She thought my mission had gone too far. She wished to summon me home. I reasoned with her- Lifesaver. And she helped me look as though I am the real princess. Since your sister was a Filly I have been pretending. The real princess. I killed her long before I met any of you. My plan had been devised since before you both were born.

I felt my heart drop

The real princess Is buried at The ST. monument beach, At LAS Pegasus. There is now way to bring back the bones...They have most likely perished. Her crown is buried by the entrance of the crystal empire. I buried it myself, before I left. I'm telling you all the things I'm going to do...And I hope you'll understand, Shining Armor.

I threw my head back with a shout of pain and anger

This letter is very long. The queen told me that You'd send out a search party if I left without alerting you. I have a feeling this is not what she meant by alert. But you need to know the truth of the matter. Why, I am doing this...Because If I didn't love you I'd allow the queen to come and attack the land, and kill the princesses. I love you. Don't ever let that slip your mind, Even if you DO hook up with Sweet Cocoa!

I chuckled weakly, and pain stabbed my chest

I think you'd be a GREAT stallion for Sweet Cocoa. Shining I know you'll be ok there in the world. Because you belong. Changelings are feared and monsters in the pony land. But your kind is more accepted. Of course. Even if I was by your side now, The princesses would have discovered my true identity!

I gulped on the verge of Heart Attack

So I am the coward, truly. I left a letter- Not a real goodbye. And fled for the place I call home. My ladyship promised to leave you be if I returned home safely. Hopefully I do, So she won't hurt you. She almost killed me herself when I proposed my love to you in her thoughts. I had suggested a NEW kingdom. Full of my kind and yours, getting along with great friendship....And even love lives!

emotions stirred my insides

Well shining, I must depart soon. But I have time to write some more goodbye gestures...I wish you a happy life as that's all I can give you now. For wherever you are and wherever you go, my love. Never forget us. Never forget I love you. Because love it all I can give you. Goodbye.
Cadence the changeling
xoxoxo
P.S. turn the envelope upside down.

I shakily turned the envelope downwards....

A beautiful ring fell onto my bed.