• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 15,388 Views, 628 Comments

Zestar Apple Flambe - Zyxx



Spike and Apple Bloom's relationship, their unorthodox family, and what it means for Equestria.

  • ...
22
 628
 15,388

Author's Notes

Shameless Self-Promotion: Go check out my other work at www.themoiety.com. None of it's pony-related (yet), but I do write other things.
Boring Author’s Notes:
This isn’t my first fanfic, but it is the first one I’ve ever even considered releasing for public scrutiny. Ponies make all kinds of impossible things happen, it seems.
This story was inspired by a series of pictures by deviant Banshee42ru, “My Little Dragon”, “My Little Problem”, “My Little Miracle” and “Dra…Pony?” (which is the cover image for this story.) Go look at them, they’re great.
I wanted to tell the story of this adorable little hybrid (designated Zestar Apple by the artist, and Apple Flambé by a commenter – I sort of like Flambé better, and it feels more “ponyish”, but out of respect for the artist I worked both the names in) and apparently some other folks wanted me to write it. So I did.
The story takes place a few years after the current point in the series (near end of Season 2). Exactly how long is intentionally undefined, because the ponies’ life cycle is still pretty ambiguous: it’s not clear at what age they become sexually mature or their typical lifespans, for instance. Naturally, a great deal of this is based on popular fanon, my personal “head-canon”, or is purely in-story canon that I don’t regard as otherwise “true”. Future episodes may of course render any or all of this impossible, and I may or may not edit to accommodate.
How long and how far this story will go depends on many factors. As of writing, I have plans for Flambé’s birth and childhood, as well as some of the controversy surrounding him.
This isn’t a clopfic but there are some sort of serious themes regarding unexpected pregnancy and the like.
I try to demand a very high quality of writing out of myself, and nothing you see has gone without being reread and examined multiple times. That said, I always welcome critiques.
Special thanks go out to:
Banshee42ru for the images which sparked this whole thing off. I may have written a story and character completely different from what you intended to convey, but I hope you’ll enjoy them anyway.
The Deviantart commenters aliadesa, writemaster93 and sieurin, who encouraged me to write this.
My friend ankyo for his extensive consultation.
And of course Lauren Faust and all the folks at Hasbro for creating this truly remarkable series and allowing its fanbase to develop like it has.
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is owned and copyrighted by Hasbro. If you needed me to tell you that then you’re some kind of moron.