• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 1,766 Views, 27 Comments

Redemption or Forgiveness - Gleaming



It has been a long time since Rainbow Dash has seen Lightning Dust, until they meet each other once again in Cloudsdale.

  • ...
8
 27
 1,766

Act I: Ponyville

Act I: Ponyville


[/hr]

Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo landed back on the soft ground of Ponyville, after their encounter with Dash's former friend and trainee teammate Lightning Dust. They're going to move on from what just happened, and continue with their lives. Scootaloo returned back to her house, and Rainbow Dash returned to her cloud - based home.

I never expected to see Lightning Dust again, I'm glad and also concerned for Scootaloo's well - being. I'd better go to Scootaloo's house to keep her safe, that's if Lightning Dust is down but not out. the mare thought to herself. Dash rushed out of her house, flying towards the front window of Scootaloo's room, stopping for a moment outside of her window. She knocked on the window with her hoof, looking inside of her room.

''Then, why did Lightning Dust say all of those things about you?'' Scootaloo asked, sitting down in the corner of her room. She kept a broad distance from Rainbow Dash, even if she admired her big sister.

''It's because, she was lying to you. She thought that just by manipulating your mind, she was trying to turn you against me to get on her side. Don't believe anything that she says, she wants to get under my skin for revenge.'' Rainbow Dash said, rubbing the back of her mane with her hoof nervously.

''I'll believe you but, I want prove and I want the truth.'' Scootaloo said, turning her back to Dash.

''Fine, if you want the truth I'll tell you. Lightning Dust and I used to be in the Wonderbolts Academy together, until she decided to be reckless and not give a flying feather about any anypony's safety.'' Rainbow Dash said.

Nothing but silence filled the room, the two pegasi thought to themselves trying to peace the whole reason why Lightning Dust decided to return. A letter came crashing through the window, glass shattered everywhere on the floor.

Rainbow Dash read the letter aloud.

Dear Rainbow Dash,

The Wonderbolts have heard about the unexpected detention center release of Lightning Dust, we've interviewed everypony who was a witness of the breakout except we didn't interview you and Scootaloo. I would like the two of you to bring Lightning Dust to me, or the three of you will face some serious consequences.
- Spitfire
The Captain of the Wonderbolts

She lifts her head up from the letter, staring at Scootaloo with glossy eyes. ''Scootaloo, we've got to go get Lightning Dust back.''

''Why?'' Scootaloo asked in confusion.

''It's because, Spitfire wants to put her back in the detention center, even though we were the ones who broke her out of there in the first place!' Rainbow Dash started to panic, pulling off a fake grin. ''So, we've got to go and find her!''

''Why should we? You just love doing what Spitfire tells you to do, you're like a puppet who is under her command just by moving your strings around. Mindless sheep who follow her orders without no hesitation, I don't get it!'' Scootaloo shouted, and glared at her big sister.

''This is what Lightning Dust wants, she wants us to argue and bicker with each other so that she could roam free. Are you with me or against me, Scootaloo?'' Rainbow Dash lifted an eyebrow.

''With you.'' Scootaloo said, under her breath.

''Good.'' Rainbow Dash packed her saddlebag, putting the filly on her back and flew out of the room into the air. She flew up into the sky gracefully, heading towards Cloudsdale. The two ponies reached the Wonderbolts Academy, where Spitfire was waiting in her office behind her wooden oak desk.


[/hr]
They approached the front office door of the Wonderbolts Captain, knocking on the door with their hoof. ''Ah, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo. I've been expecting you, did you get the letter?''

''Yeah we did, Spitfire. So, what happens if we don't bring Lightning Dust to you?'' Rainbow Dash asked in concern.

''You have to tell us, Spitfire.'' Scootaloo said, anxiously waiting for answers.

''The punishment that I'll give to both of you if you don't bring Lightning Dust to me is, I'll make sure that Rainbow Dash never sets foot in the Wonderbolts Academy ever again! As for you, Scootaloo you won't be able to watch your big sister perform ever again!'' Spitfire announced.

''You've got to be kidding me? Spitfire, I understand that Lightning Dust broke out of the detention center but you don't have to make a severe punishment.'' Rainbow Dash thought for a minute. We have to hurry or, we're going to suffer these consequences.

''That will be all, and that's final!'' Spitfire shouted towards Rainbow Dash, putting her hooves on her desk in disgust.

''Fine, let's go Scootaloo.'' They exit the office, leaving Spitfire alone in her office putting on her sunglasses.

''It's now or never. Scootaloo, are you ready?'' Rainbow Dash was ready to soar out into the sky, looking back at Scootaloo.

''Ready!'' Scootaloo replied with a strong sense of enthusiasm.

Rainbow Dash soared into the sky, with her wings spreading out in the air, flying into the white clouds with Scootaloo on her back. They were on a search for Lightning Dust, to bring her back to Spitfire or they won't come back at all. The clouds blowing in Dash's face, she still had no intent of stopping any time soon. ''Time to go for full speed!'' She flapped her wings as hard as she could, her speed increased along the way trying to locate her old friend.

A blue and yellow streak was left behind in the sky pointing towards Ponyville. ''I guess this puts us off as a diversion, because now Lightning Dust is in Ponyville. Only we can stop her now!'' The two pegasi followed the streak to Ponyville, to make sure that they were going the right way.