• Published 25th Dec 2013
  • 1,766 Views, 27 Comments

Redemption or Forgiveness - Gleaming



It has been a long time since Rainbow Dash has seen Lightning Dust, until they meet each other once again in Cloudsdale.

  • ...
8
 27
 1,766

Prologue: Reunion

Prologue: Reunion


[/hr]

Rainbow Dash soared through the sky with ease, the strong winds blowing through her mane, the adrenaline flowing through her veins, and with her little sister as her companion on this trip. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo were heading to the place where Rainbow Dash earned her cutie mark as a little filly, and what better way to give her little sister a tour of Cloudsdale.

''Are we there yet, Rainbow Dash?'' Scootaloo asked, jumping on Dash's back. The enthusiastic young filly was very eager to finally see Cloudsdale for the first time ever, especially with Rainbow Dash taking her on a tour around the historic cloud - based city.

''Yes, we're here Scootaloo!'' Rainbow Dash said. She pointed her hoof across directly to her hometown, Cloudsdale. The fluffy accumulation of clouds surrounded the two pegasi, the Cloudsdale rain factory received extra amounts of water from Ponyville to prepare for another thunderstorm. The weather pegasi were gearing up to tackle the upcoming snow flurries that was headed for Manehattan. The Cloudosseum was packed with screaming and cheering ponies, just waiting to see more of what the pegasi have to offer in the Best Young Flyer Competition.

''This place looks so awesome, it's always awesome when you're here Rainbow Dash.'' Scootaloo hugged her big sister, as Rainbow Dash came in for a safe landing on a soft fluffy cloud.

''You always know just what to say, Scootaloo. That is why I love-'' Rainbow Dash said, coming to a complete pause. She looked up at a huge cloud building that had metal bars in front of the main entrance of the building, the sign on the top of building said: Wonderbolts Academy Detention Center. A red light embedded in the wall of the building scanned both of the two pegasi, the scanning light faded away into the wall.

Scootaloo looked over at Rainbow Dash, wondering why the light was scanning them. ''What was that all about?''

Rainbow Dash was as confused as her little sister was. ''I don't know, Scootaloo. Maybe this note on the wall, could shed some light on this detention center.''

''This facility was built to keep any pegasus who is deemed as an unsafe hazard to the Wonderbolts. Since the incident at the Wonderbolts Academy, we keep any and all pegasi contained in this detention center until they have proven that they are no longer reckless, dangerous, and not a threat to any resident who lives in Cloudsdale. You may visit any of the pegasi contained, but do it at your own risk.''
- Spitfire
The Captain of the Wonderbolts

Rainbow Dash finished reading the note, she approached the main entrance of the building. ''Well, Scootaloo we're going in.''

''I'm always with you, Rainbow Dash. Let's do this!'' Scootaloo's wings flapped lightly off of the soft cloud, she gave a cute grin to her big sister.

''State your business.'' an anonymous voice called out from the interior of the building.

''Rainbow Dash.'' She replied back to the mysterious voice.

''Also, Scootaloo.'' The young orange filly replied along with Dash, looking at the detention center.

''Access granted.'' The metal bars started to slide open, the main entrance of the building opened with the metal bars retracting into the wall's interior.

The two pegasi entered the detention center, they walked down the hallways of the center looking for any ponies present. A loud rumble was coming from one of the detention rooms, where a pegasus with a brilliant amber mane that had brilliant gold stripes and a light turquoise coat was smashing the windows of the room.

''Lightning Dust?'' Rainbow Dash called out to her old trainee teammate, with Scootaloo in tow.

''Rainbow Dash? I haven't seen you since, Spitfire took my lead pony status and gave it to you!'' Lightning Dust groaned.

''So, how are things?'' Dash replied, keeping Scootaloo behind her back.

''How are things?! I'll tell you how they are, they have been terrible! Ever since I was in exile after I pulled those reckless at the Wonderbolts Academy, Spitfire threw me in this dump of a detention center! It was all because, you knew I was always better than you the minute you came to the academy!'' She stepped away from the shattered window glass, as she approached Rainbow Dash with the thought of revenge on her mind. I'll just pretend that I got over it, just to earn her trust and betray her. she thought to herself.

''When will you get over it?'' Dash bopped her head to the side, frowning at her.

''But, I digress. I'm definitely over the exile, how about you get me out of here please?'' Lightning Dust asked. She pleaded, and begged on her hooves and knees.

''Now, why in Equestria would I want to do that?'' Dash asked.

''You would do it because, you can trust me.'' Lightning Dust replied, a sad expression showed in her brilliant - gamboge eyes.

''Alright, but you have to promise that you won't betray me or get revenge on me.'' Dash watched her old friend like a hawk, putting Lightning Dust and Scootaloo on her back. Her wings soared from the detention room, she flew to the ceiling of the detention center with ease, crashing through the fluffy cloud ceiling of the building.

''There we helped you escape, now this is where we go our separate ways.'' Dash leaned forward in the air, throwing Lightning Dust off of her back. She started to fly with Scootaloo back to Ponyville, until her old friend stopped her for a moment.

''We're not done yet, Rainbow Dash. I want to talk to your little sister, Scootaloo...in...private.'' Lightning Dust hid her sinister grin inside.

''Fine, but only for a minute.'' Dash stayed ascended in the air, for a moment.

''Listen to me, Scootaloo. Rainbow Dash does not care about you, I know you won't believe me at first but, she only hangs out with you because you're the proof that she can show off to everypony. Not only is she shallow, she is also a trader, a liar, and a pony who would betray you without a shadow of a doubt.'' Lightning Dust held Scootaloo's shoulders, keeping her close to her.

Silence filled the air between the three ponies. Not a word was spoken between the three of them, until Rainbow Dash tried to intervene between her little sister and her old friend. She could not let Scootaloo become brainwashed, by this reckless demon who has no regard for anypony's safety.

''But... I thought she cared about me. Why should I believe you?'' Scootaloo asked, she wiped away her tears that were streaming down her innocent face.

''She was hiding a lie from you all along since, she knew that you would never know about her past. It's because, she didn't tell you everything about her. Sisters always share with each other with every detail, it would be wise to tell her how you feel.'' Lightning Dust said to Scootaloo.

''That's enough, Lightning Dust!'' Dash flew off to Lightning Dust in an angered attempt to shut her up. The young cerulean mare threw her hoof out at Lightning Dust with her hoof reaching her cheek, kicking her in the cheek with a huge amount of force. The kick sent her old friend smashing through the wall of the Cloudosseum. ''If I ever see you come near Scootaloo again, we're going to have a huge problem!''

Her old friend flew off into the sky, holding her bruised cheek. The two sisters flew back to Ponyville with the intent of spending some quality time with each other, that's only if Lightning Dust would go down that easily.