• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 1,561 Views, 10 Comments

Persona: The "Pony"-verse Legacy - Golden Flare



Two humans from another world came into Equestria, unsure of where they are, and they are somehow able to wield card-like creatures called "Personas".

  • ...
7
 10
 1,561

Episode 3: The Persona Princess

Dear Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor,
There is a great threat among us, two beings, unknown to Equestrian knowledge, somehow appeared, but it gets worse, one of them controls King Sombra. I have reason to believe that they are headed towards your kingdom. I sincerely hope you know what to do.

With hope for Equestria,
Princess Luna

Shining Armor and Cadence read Luna's letter the moment they received it.

"Captain! Put the entire empire on high alert! If these creatures show up, we'll be ready for them." Shining Armor declared.

"Yes, your majesty!" said the captain of The Crystal Empire Royal Guard.

The captain dashed out of the throne room to warn the other guards.

"*Sigh* I have a bad feeling that Sombra isn't going to be easy defeat this time." Princess Cadence thought to herself, worrying about what new strength Sombra may have acquired.

Episode 3: The Persona Princess

Even and Ley hitched a ride on the train once more, as a means of escape.

"Damn, that was a close call." Even said.

"I know, we barely made it out alive." Ley replied.

"Listen," Even began, "Wherever this train stops, we have to try and blend in."

"A-Alright." Ley nervously agreed.

"Is something wrong?" Even asked, worriedly.

"...I just want to go home." Ley said with sadness.

Ley began to cry out of homesickness.

"Hey, Ley, c'mon, it'll be ok, if we got here somehow, then there must be a way out somewhere, there just HAS to be!" Even said, "We just have to be strong, ok?"

"...Ok." Ley said as she calmed down, "That makes me feel a lot better. Thank you, Even."

"...You're welcome, Ley." Even said.

Even's Expression has increased. +1 = 9

Even's Understanding has increased. +1 = 9

The train was treading through a snowy plain, and Even and Ley saw some kind of northern lights out the window.

"Whooooooooooa!" the duo said in unison.

"It's beautiful!" Ley said in awe.

"Yeah. It is." Even agreed.

Even stared at Ley and started to blush.

"Ley..." Even thought to himself.

~~~

Meanwhile, back in Ponyville, Pinkie Pie was returning to town with another human, who somehow found his way into Equestria.

"It's been over five years since I came back to Equestria, nothing's changed. But somehow, I doubt anyone would remember me, after what I've done. I remember her words as clear as day,"

~~~

"Are you sure you want to leave, JD?" a female voice asked.

"I don't know why, but someone is calling to me. I wish my brother was here, but I'm going to find him, and bring him back." JD replied.

He held up a picture of his brother; tall, somewhat short dark brown hair, blue eyes, wearing red clothes with yellow cuffs on his shirt and shorts, bright yellow shoes, cocky smile, and giving a confident thumbs-up.

"Promise me you'll make it back ok." the female voice stated.

"...I can't promise you that. I've broken too many promises already." JD replied as clear as he could.

He called some sort of Alicorn Persona and teleported him to Equestria.

~~~

"Hey, mopey-wopey! what's wrong?" Pinkie said, breaking the silence.

"...Nothing. Just... Forget it." JD replied, sternly.

JD walked into Ponyville, closely followed by Pinkie Pie, bouncing her way into town.

Ponyville looked practically deserted, except for three fillies charging through town.

"Look, Crusaders! There's one of 'em right now!" Apple Bloom shouted.

"OUTTA MY WAY!" Scootaloo angrily shouted, bursting through her two friends with her scooter.

She skid to a stop in front of JD.

"I remember you." JD stated.

"CAN THE NONSENSE!! YOU HAVE INFORMATION, AND I WANT IT NOW!!" Scootaloo practically screeched.

"Calm down, Scoots!" Apple Bloom said, trying to help her friend regain her composure.

"Now, Scootaloo, that isn't nice to say to an old friend." JD said.

"OH YEAH?! WELL I... wait, what?" Scootaloo said.

JD untied the bandana over his right eye and showed her a very deep secret of his.

A secret that Scoots knew all too well.

"...It's you... JD, was it?" Scootaloo said in shock.

"Hmph. Looks like you finally remembered me. It has been five years after all." JD said.

"Wait, has it been five years?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Hang on. Scoots, do you know this guy?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Yeah. We were pretty close." Scootaloo answered.

"I helped Rainbow Dash save her from the waterfall, during that camping trip." JD stated.

"Sorry, ah don't remember." Apple Bloom sadly stated.

"Me neither, sorry." Sweetie Belle said glumly.

"APPLE BLOOM!!" Applejack screamed.
"GET AWAY FROM MAH SISTER!"

Applejack dashed to the CMC, with Rarity and Rainbow Dash following closely.

"Calm down, Applejack, he's a friend!" Apple Bloom said, trying to reason with her overprotective sister.

"Yeah! Just like those last coupl'a two-legged creatures that were here!" Applejack angrily said.

JD grabbed Applejack's left forehoof out of nowhere and kissed it.

"Come on, Applejack, how could you forget one of your helpers back at Sweet Apple Acres?" JD asked.

Applejack yanked her hoof out of JD's hand in anger.

"Just who do ya think ya are?! I never seen ya before in mah life!" Applejack yelled.

"You don't remember me? It's me, JD." JD said.

"J...D...?" Applejack said, confused.
"?!"
"Arrrrgh! Nice try! But ah ain't fallin' for it! Now, why don't you go back to wherever it is you freaks came from?!"

"Hear, hear!" Rarity agreed.
"Come now, Sweetie Belle, get away from this ruffian!"

"...I see. If you really don't remember me, then tell me, who was here before me?" JD said.

"Hmph. Well, it was a guy an' a girl, the girl had short orange-ish hair, hazel eyes, about the same age as the guy, which strangely, looked ah lot like you, but there were some differences, he had short black hair and brown eyes" Applejack said, answering JD's question.

"Hmmm... Is he still here?" JD asked.

"No! We tried to nail him at Canterlot, but they escaped on the train, and it's probably on it's way to the next stop!" Rainbow Dash yelled.

"Has the train taken off?!" JD anxiously asked.

"Not here, the Ponyville train is gettin' ready ta leave for The Crystal Empire, where the train in Canterlot took of to." Applejack replied.

"How much are the tickets?" JD asked.

"5 bits per ticket." Sweetie Belle replied.

"Sweetie Belle!" Rarity snapped.
"Quiet down, young lady!"

"Here, this should cover it." Scootaloo said, tossing JD 5 bits.

"Scoots!" Rainbow Dash snapped.
"Didn't you hear Rarity?! Pipe down!"

"Why don't YOU pipe down?!" Scootaloo yelled.

"Scoots...?" a confused Rainbow Dash said.

"I just wanted to tell you how cool that battle was, but you, of all ponies, sent me out the door, just because you got your flank beat by some guy!" Scootaloo screamed.

"But, Scoots-"

"NO! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Scootaloo screeched, interrupting Rainbow Dash.

Scootaloo got on her scooter and zoomed away, with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle following her.

"SWEETIE BELLE!" Rarity screamed to Sweetie Belle.

"APPLE BLOOM, GET BACK 'ERE! I"M GONNA TELL BIG MACINTOSH ON YOU!" Applejack screamed to Apple Bloom.

But they all ignored their calls, especially Scootaloo.

"SCOOTS! COME BACK!" Rainbow Dash screamed to Scootaloo.
"Scoots..."

Rainbow Dash hovered down to the ground and began to mope.

"You know girls... You shouldn't bag on your sisters." JD said.

"And what do YOU know about being an older sibling?! Nothing, I'd wager!" Rarity said.

"...Riddle me this. What's my brother's name?" JD said.

"?!!" the remaining trio motioned.

"Think it over carefully. I'm sure we'll meet again." JD stated, just before he hopped on the train.

As he rode off, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash couldn't get JD's parting words out of their heads.

"Ummmmm, I'm just go and see how Twilight's doin'. Bye!" Pinkie said.

~~~

The train arrived in The Crystal Empire, just when Even and Ley snuck off.

"Hmmm, so this is The Crystal Empire. Not too shabby." an impressed Even said.

"You can say that again." Ley agreed.

Even's Knowledge has increased. +2 = 15

Ley's Knowledge has increased. +2 = 13

"Who knows? Maybe this place might have a way back home for us." Ley suggested.
"Ok, so how do we blend in?"

"Oh. Um, we, uh wear some kind of cloaks, and um, walk on all fours, so we don't raise any, um, suspicion, heh-heh." Even said nervously.

"...You just came up with that, didn't you?" Ley said, annoyed.

"Yeah, pretty much." Even admitted.

"Still, it's a good idea, let's do it!" Ley said.

"Um, right!" Even hesitantly agreed.

Even's Diligence has increased. +1 = 12

The two grabbed a couple of ratty, old cloths from the garbage and got on their hands and knees, slowly walking to the castle.

"Huh? What's this?" Even said, staring at the Crystal Heart.

"Even! Focus!" Ley said.

"Oh! Right!" Even agreed.

Then out of nowhere, they bumped into someone.

It was JD.

"Excuse me." JD said.

"Right, sorry." Even said.

"Wait, was that a human? That's odd... Really od-"

"Even! On task!" Ley said, interrupting his train of thought.

"Ok, ok!" Even said.

Even and Ley proceed into the castle walls, wandering around, trying to find a way home.

"I can't get that guy outta my head! How'd he get here?! Is he trapped here like us? Maybe we can help him in some way, and maybe he'll help us-"

"Even! C'mon on! I shouldn't have to tell you this three times in a row!" Ley snapped.

"Sorry. Got a lot on my mind." Even responded.

"Well, I wouldn't put it past you, you've always got a lot on your mind." Ley stated.

"What do you mean?" Even asked.

"Remember you couldn't get your parents off your mind?" Ley said, giving an example.

Even began to frown.

"I know where you're going with this, let's not talk about it." Even said, depressed.

"Sorry. I forgot." Ley apologized.

"It's ok. We all forget every now and then, it's no big deal." Even reassured Ley.

"I wish I could STOP forgetting." Ley thought to herself.

Even's Understanding has increased. +1 = 10

Ley's Understanding has increased. +2 = 13

They continued to walk in silence, not even glancing at each other.

"Halt!" a guard shouted.

A levitation spell was used by that same guard and he removed the cloaks.

"Aw, man!" Even shouted.

"Run!" Ley shouted.

They dashed as fast as they could, trying to get out of the castle, until they were cornered by Shining Armor, Cadence, and the rest of the Royal Guard.

"So, you two are the ones causing all this trouble." Shining Armor said.

"Is Luna sure these two are the culprits? they're a little... Young." Cadence said.

"Wait, Luna? PRINCESS Luna?! SHE put you up to this?!" an angry Even asked.

"Cadence, Shining Armor, it's a pleasure to see you again." JD's voice echoed.

"JD? What're you doing here?" Shining Armor asked.

"I see you remember me, what with my eye color and all." JD stated.

Somehow, JD has two eye colors; his left eye is blue, and his right eye is green. He has acquired something called, "Dual Vision".

"Yeah, I noticed that." Cadence said.

"So, who are these two? I bumped into them earlier." JD said.

"You didn't hear? That guy controls King Sombra!" Shining Armor said.

"...I sense a stronger power in him. Is this guy a Wild Card User like me?" JD said.

"Wild Card... User? What's that? And who ARE you?!" Even said.

Even's eyes began to glow green and red.

"Even, calm down!" Ley said.

His eyes reverted back to normal.

"Ugggh, what... just happened?" Even asked, light-headedly.

"Hmph. I never expected to see you have the appearance of my own brother." JD stated.

"Brother? I don't HAVE a brother! My name is Even Flaire, I'm 16 years old, and Ley and I are just trying to get home, so if you or anyone stands in my way..."

Even's anger begins to build up, his eyes began glowing green and red again, and a red aura surrounded him, nearly engulfing him.

He drew his sword as his persona descended down.

"I'LL CRUSH YOU ALL!!!"

His voice mixed with Sombra's as he said that, even Ley became afraid of him at the moment.

"PERSONA!!!!"

He slashed the card and called out King Sombra.

"You first. Persona!"

JD called his own Persona, known as Great Knight.

Even prepared his charge attack.

"DARKNAROK!!" Even shouted.

King Sombra released his most powerful attack.

"SKYWARD SLASH!!" JD shouted.

Great Knight jumped up into the air and used it's skill to block the attack, dealt damage to King Sombra, and strangely, he switched Personas.

"SOMBRA!" Even yelled.
"Wait, what the HELL?!!"

"PERSONA!" JD yelled.

He summoned another Persona, it was an alicorn Persona with no name, but it is known as the "Alicorn Arcana".

"HEAVEN'S BLADE!!" JD shouted.

The Persona's horn glowed, created a heavenly sword, and struck King Sombra.

King Sombra began showing pixels, he quickly became weak.

"Arrrrrrgh..." Even growled.

"How's that? Not bad for two Personas!" JD said.

"How do you even have ONE?!" Ley asked.

Another Persona descended in front of Even.

"Huh?" Even said.

"A new Persona?! Well, Sombra's getting weak, I guess now's a good time to try this one out." Even thought to himself.

"PERSONA!" Even shouted.

He attacked the card with his sword and called out his new Persona.

It was a black creature with holes through it's hooves, dark green hair, green dragon-like eyes, two tore up bug-like wings, and a crooked horn.

There was no mistaking it. It was Queen Chrysalis.

"CHRYSALIS?!!" Cadence screamed.

"?" Even motioned.
"Alright, 'Chrysalis', let's see what YOU can do. GO!"

Chrysalis started to drain the Alicorn Arcana's life force.

"Uggggh... The hell?" JD said, weakly.
"...Guess it's time to go. See you soon... Bro-migo."

"NO. I DON'T THINK YOU WILL." a mysterious voice said.

"!?" everyone motioned.

"You've messed with my friend, he's badly damaged, and you're to blame." the mysterious voice stated.

The voice came from the reflections in the crystals. It was Ley's reflection. But...

Something was really off. It was a side of her that no one, not even Even has seen.

"NOW PERISH!!!" Ley's reflection yelled.

Crystal shards came from all directions, trying to stab JD, but to no avail.

"HOLD STILL, DAMN IT!!" screamed Ley's reflection.

JD jumped out of the nearest window, hopped on the Alicorn Arcana, and flew off.

"Who or WHAT are you?!" Ley asked.

"Isn't it obvious?"
"I'm you, and you're me." said Ley's shadowy reflection in the crystals.

"P-Prove it! What do I know that Even doesn't?!" Ley said.

"Fair enough." Ley's shadow agreed.
"I'm ALWAYS the damsel in distress, every time I'm in trouble, EVEN comes to rescue me like some knight in shining armor."

"Hey!" Shining Armor yelled.

"QUIET! I wasn't talking to YOU!" Ley's shadow stated.
"Where was I? Ah, yes! Now I recall! I want to be able to save MYSELF, I'm tired of relying on my best friend to help me..."

The shadow began to cry.

"...I want to be able to defend myself, and protect those I love, but I just..."
"...Feel so helpless. Is that proof enough?"

Ley stood there, astonished about what her shadow has said.

She knew it was the truth. She could no longer deny it.

"...Yes." Ley said.

"?!" Even motioned.
"Ley...?"

"You ARE me." Ley stated.
"And I'm you."

"You can protect him now." Ley's shadow said.

"Huh?" Ley said.

"Defend him to your last breath! You now have the power to do so." Ley's shadow stated.

Her shadow faded and turned into a card, much like the one Even has. But this one was different. It wasn't made from darkness.

It made from the light in Ley's heart.

A blue aura surrounds Ley, and she has a determined look on her face.

"Persona." Ley said.

Ley crushed the card with her hand, thus calling forth her Persona.

Unbelievably, it was Princess Cadence.

"WHAT?!!" Cadence and Shining Armor screamed.

They couldn't believe what they were seeing.

"LOVE STRUCK!" Ley shouted.

Multiple hearts shot out from the Persona's horn, causing Shining Armor and the entire Royal Guard to fall in love with the Persona Cadence.

A blue flash came from Ley. She has leveled up.

Level 1 -> 2
Courage +3 = 11
Expression +3 = 13
Understanding +2 = 15
Knowledge +2 = 15
Diligence +1 = 14

"Shining?! Are you ok?!" Cadence worriedly asked.

Even and Ley made their escape onto the train, again, and headed for their next destination.

"Ugh, what happened?" Shining Armor asked, groggily.

"They got away." Cadence answered.

"..."
"It's ok. We'll get 'em next time. Still, we should inform the princesses, tell them what just transpired." Shining Armor stated.

"That won't be necessary, Shining Armor." A new voice said.

Princess Celestia showed up for a surprise visit.

"Y-Your Majesty!" Shining Armor said.

"My sister put you up to this, didn't she?" Celestia asked.
"...No matter, we must go to Ponyville, that's where the train stops next, there are many things I wish to ask those two."

"Why?" Cadence asked, confused.

"I don't believe those two are a threat." Celestia stated.
"Come. My chariot's waiting."

~~~

Meanwhile, Even and Ley were hiding inside the train, waiting to get off at the next stop.

They were completely silent. neither of them knew what to say to each other, they just stared at each other, with blank looks on their faces.

"..."
"...Is it true?" Even asked, finally breaking the silence.

"What's true?" Ley asked.

"Wanting to protect yourself... And me?" Even asked.

"...Yes." Ley finally answered.

Ley's Expression has increased. +3 = 16

Ley's Understanding has increased. +2 = 17

Even's Understanding has increased. +3 = 13

"...That's... Really sweet." Even said, in a loving tone.

"Sweet?" Ley asked.
"...Thank you."

Ley got closer to Even and kissed him on the cheek. Even began to blush.

Even's Courage has increased. +2 = 11

Even's Expression has increased. +2 = 11

Ley's Expression has increased. +4 = 20

"*yawn* I'm feeling tired." Ley said.

"Go ahead and rest. I'm probably gonna crash soon, too." Even said.

"Ok, good night." Ley said.

"Night." Even said back.

The sun was setting on a pretty tough day, but maybe tomorrow will be better.

"Don't worry, Ley, we'll find our way home, somehow. Sweet dreams... Sweetie." Even thought to himself, smiling as he watched Ley sleep.

Even felt a tighter bond with Ley.

Ley's Social Link has ranked up.

Ley - Princess Arcana - Rank 1 (*) - - - - - - - - -

Even soon fell asleep.

~~~

Just above the train, JD was watching over Even and Ley, wondering if Even is who he thinks he is.

"Brother..." JD said to himself.

"It's been too long, my friend." Celestia said, flying next to him.

"Hello, Princess." JD replied.

~~~

Next Scent

"Hey there! Y'all them, um Persona Users, right?" Apple Bloom asked.

"We've been working all day, and STILL no Personas!" Sweetie Belle stated.

"It'll come to you, trust me." Even said with a wink.

"I've had just about enough of you!" Twilight shouted.

"LEAVE 'IM ALONE!!" Apple Bloom demanded.

"Sugar Cube?" Applejack said.

"...Ah am thou." Apple Bloom said.
"PERRRRRRSONA!!!"

To Be Next

Episode 4: Cutie Mark Crusader, Persona Users!

Author's Note:

It took me some time, but chapter 3 is finally done! Enjoy! Oh, in case you guys are wondering, here's Even and Ley's stats, if you're curious,

Even Flaire Lv. 2 - Slavedriver Arcana
Courage: 11
Expression: 11
Understanding: 13
Knowledge: 15
Diligence: 12

Ley Green Lv. 2 - Princess Arcana
Courage: 11
Expression: 20
Understanding: 17
Knowledge: 15
Diligence: 14

Chapter 4 will be up soon!