• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 6,680 Views, 64 Comments

Fluttershy's Mansion - Shazam 25



When Fluttershy wins a free mansion, she find it full with ghosts!

  • ...
7
 64
 6,680

A free Mansion?!

Fluttershy was busy feeding her animals when a knock was heard on her door.

"Who can that be?" Fluttershy asked, not thinking anypony was coming to see her. She open her door and saw Depry there.

"Pony Mail Call for Ms. Fluttershy." Derpy said and hand her a letter.

"Thank you Depry." Fluttershy said and gave some bits to her. Depry nods and smiles then flies off to drop more of her mail off. Fluttershy look at the letter, she was wondering who would sent her a letter. She open it and read,

"Dear Ms. Fluttershy,

You're a luckily pony today! Your name was drawn as the winner to a new free Mansion! This map will help you get there without a problem, please note you can be friends and Family too. Once again, you're a luckily pony to get this prize, We hope you like it!" The was no signer but the letter confuse Fluttershy a lot. She didn't recall entering anything, let alone win anything as well.

'Better take this to Twilight, she might know what going on.' Fluttershy thought and grab her saddlebags. After tell Angel to watch the animals for her and be good, she left to find Twilight, little knowing that she just avoid a trap on doing so.


"A FREE WHAT?!" Rainbow Dash shouted after heard what the letter said.

Twilight just look at Fluttershy in surprise.

"And you don't recall entering anything for it?" Applejack ask. Fluttershy nods. Rarity took the letter and read it to herself.

"What type of Mansion you think it is?" She asked.

"Bet it a really cool one, where all of us can hang out in and have amazing stuff." Rainbow said smiling.

"I bet we can hold our own parties there!" Pinkie pipe up happily.

"Hope it not filthy one." Rarity said.

"We won't know until we get there." Twilight said.

"Didn't it have a map, sugar cube?" Applejack ask Fluttershy.

Fluttershy pull out the map and hand to Twilight who look it over. After looking at it for a while, Twilight said, "We go on ahead, Fluttershy didn't you say that you had to do something before showing us the letter?"

"Yes I do, just what do you think it about?" Fluttershy ask.

"I think they may made a mistake, so we going to head there and see them and tell them what happen." Twilight answer. Fluttershy nodded and left. Once she was out, Twilight turned to her friends.

"I know it not smart not telling Fluttershy but this map leads straight to the Everfree forest." She said.

"Say no more Twi, we get ya." Applejack said and the rest nods.

Who puts a new free mansion in the Everfree Forest? Either way they had to check it out for Fluttershy.


The day passed and night started to fall over Ponyville. Fluttershy was home and helping the animals get to sleep before head to bed herself, then a fast knock was heard on her door.

"Who can that be at this hour?" Fluttershy ask. Not wanting to be rude, she answer her door and saw Spike.

"Spike what the matter?" She ask.

"Fluttershy have seen Twilight today?" Spike asked with worry look in his eyes.

"I did but that was to check out about a letter saying that I won a free mansion and she and the rest of our friends went to check it for me, Why?" She explain then ask.

"I can't find her! And she hasn't been seen all day!" Spike said even more worry.

Spike fill Fluttershy up that the new mansion was in the Everfree Forest and her friends went to check it out and didn't want her to get scare. Spike even gave Fluttershy the map back from Twilight.

Fluttershy really didn't like the Everfree Forest. Sure she been through it many times, but she never thought about living in there.

Still her friends could be in trouble and she wasn't going to let her friends be left in there, so she grab her flashlight, the map and walk out the door and into the Everfree Forest.

As Fluttershy flew she notices that the Everfree Forest look darker than normal. She turn on her flashlight and brought up her map. Fluttershy follow the map until she reach the end of it. Once she look up, she saw it. The Mansion she won.

It didn't look any good, just old. Lighting stuck and Fluttershy froze up. As she look at the Mansion she saw two lint windows while the rest was dark. Making to look like a face. Fluttershy didn't know why but, it felt as the mansion was watching her as she walk up the steps. Once she reached the doors, she knock and it creek open. Fluttershy didn't wanted to be rude but she knew she had to find her friends. She peek her head in and said in a quiet voice, "Hello?"

She walk in the rest of the way and move her flashlight around. At first she thought Pinkie was planning a surprise party for her, but it was too quiet. She look around and saw some stairs and two doors on the next level with one right across from her which was block by thrones. She was about to turn and leave thinking her friends weren't there when it got cold really fast. Fluttershy look around before seeing some that made her blood run cold. There floating a few feet about her was black mist with what look like a key. Fluttershy watch as the mist drop the key and flew to the second level and through the double doors.

Once it was gone, Fluttershy felt her body warm back up and walk up to the key. She picked it up and look at the doors the black mist went through. She walk up to the doors and place the key in the keyhole and unlock the door. Fluttershy reached her hoof to the doorknob shanking. She grab the knob and turn it slowly. She place her flashlight in her saddlebags and tip-hoof across the room look for her friends in case they were in there.

As she turn to look forward she saw some that pop out of thin air and scream. Fluttershy back away from the creature that look like a pony, but had no back legs or a tail she knew of. And it was dress like a Shadowbolt, so Fluttershy had no clue on who or what it was. She watch as it flew closer to her then it grab it head as if it was in plain. Fluttershy look behind the Shadowbolt to see an Earth Pony with something on his back that she couldn't make out. The room was still too dark to see. The Shadowbolt try to fly away and the Earth Pony pull backwards trying to fight back. The Shadowbolt gain the upper hand and started to drag the Earth Pony away. Then it stop and hoof punch him.

"OW!" he said as he roll across the ground and hit the wall.
The Shadowbolt laughed then disappear. Once it was gone, Fluttershy walk up to the Earth Pony and ask, "Are you OK?" Now that she was closer she could see that he had a red fur coat with a grey mane and tail and were a lab coat of some short so she couldn't see his cutie mark.

"Yes I'm fine, that gotta knock a few works out of me." he said then saw Fluttershy.

"Oh my I never thought I’d see a beautiful mare like you I in this Mansion." He said casing Fluttershy to blush.

"Of course, I'm being rude am I? My name is..." He stop as three more Shadowbolts like the first appear. "Oh no, this looks bad, follow me dear!" He said and both of them run out of the Mansion.


They ran until they reach a shack, which Fluttershy caught her breath. She never ran so fast in her life. To her if felt like she ran her wing power without flying. They entered the shack and Fluttershy watch as the Earth Pony pull something off his back and set it down on the table. Fluttershy got a closer look at it and saw it was a vacuum cleaner of some short. She seen a few unicorns use it, but what really surprise her that it was yellow with pink straps on the side and the hose on three Butterflies on it just like her cutie mark.

"Any way like I was saying before, my name is Ghost Studies and as you can guess I study ghost and what is your name?" He said causing Fluttershy to turn to him.

"I'm Fluttershy." She said in a quiet voice.

"Fluttershy? A beautiful name like a mare yourself in the Mansion, speaking of which, what are you doing in there?" Ghost Studies asked.
Fluttershy told him everything, The letter, saying she won a free mansion that she never enter, show the letter to her friends, her friends going to check the Mansion for her, Spike telling her that they haven't be seen all day and went into the Everfree Forest and her finding the Mansion to look for her friends.
After she finished, Ghost Studies asked her, "Did they look like a orange pony with a hat, a Pink pony hopping, a white unicorn that disliked the mansion on view, a rainbow Pegasus that said they should forget about entering it and a purple unicorn saying that so do it for a friend?"

Fluttershy was surprised.
"Yes those were my friends." She said.

"Well I'm really sorry to say that they may have be caught in the Mansion." Ghost Studies said.

Fluttershy look down and hind herself in her mane. Then she turn back to the vacuum.

"I see you are taking notices about my vacuum." Ghost Studies said as he walk up and pick it up.

"This is the Ghost Seeker 3000. I build it myself, it design to catch and hold ghosts, Here put it on." He said handing to her.

Fluttershy put it on and flew up to strap it fully. Once she landed she couldn't get back on all four hooves, just her back hooves. She looked around the hose to notice something. She pull out her flashlight and place it in the hose and watch as it fit and close around her flashlight. Fluttershy reach and pull her flashlight out with ease.

"I see you found one of it features.", Ghost Studies said, "Also notice the flashlight will be a big help inside the Mansion, the Shadowbolt ghost are scare of a light source and will freeze if the a hit by one. That your time to let her rip. They be caught in no time. Please know that they will fight back so stay on your hoofs."

Fluttershy nods and started to walk out the shack before Ghost Studies stop her.

"I almost forgot, you better take this." He said handing something to her.

Fluttershy didn't want to be rude but had to ask, "What is this? I mean if you want to tell me."

"It’s fine my Dear, I call it the Ghost Scanner. It has everything about the ghosts you run into and a map build inside of it, so you won't get lost." Ghost Studies explain.

"Thank you." Fluttershy said, feeling all set.

She had her flashlight, the Ghost Seeker 3000 and the Ghost Looker. Fluttershy walk out of the shack and walk back to the mansion. She felt her fear returning. She wanted to turn back and stay at the safe shack.Fluttershy shook her head to clear those thoughts. As Rainbow Dash would say, she never leaves her friends hanging and ether would she. Fluttershy’s fear rise once more as she open the door and said in a quiet voice once more, "Hello?"

Fluttershy looked in the Mansion that held not only her friends, but ghosts as well.

Author's Note:

Here it is, Story was proof read by Twilight Mercer and Dark Moon will be up after this story. Ghost Studies is an OC Pony I made up.