• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 577 Views, 11 Comments

Should be Something... - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the Could Be series, parts 58-59. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
4
 11
 577

Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Before you go

The low chime of yours and Twilight's magic continues to bounce from the crystal walls around you two as you near the end of your unpacking. Your task may be making you a little bored but Aerolight has had no problem finding something to do as he continues to happily hop trot around the new area.

You watch your footing to the little colt's path that crosses your own as you float the few bathroom items, "Why did we need to bring so much for one night and half a day?"

For a moment Twilight doesn't answer your comment as she continues to poke her hooves into the bag you both packed for the little colt, "It's not even a lot...Also, were is Aerolight's mane brush?"

You float the few bottles of things onto the light blue counter in the bathroom as you think over the mare's comment, "It's in there."

"No it's not."

You roll your eyes to the tone as you step out of the bathroom, making sure to close so that the little colt doesn't try to hide himself in the toilet or something, "Yes it is."

"Really?" Twilight's horn sparks up as she turns the empty bag to you, "There's nothing else in the bag, and it's not on the bed."

You squint to the empty bag for a moment as you speak up, "Oh well."

"Oh well? How are we going to brush Aerolight's mane without a brush?"

The mare's tone actually widens your eyes as you just stare to her. But you roll your eyes as you turn to the colt in the room, "Aerolight come here."

Your voice turns the colt's head as he happily hop gallops over to you, as he comes within range you scoop him up and place him on the bed, "Alright Aerolight lets show mommy a magic trick." As your voice comes to an end you float up your own mane brush as you float it over to the colt's already messed up mane.

As you move the bristles of the brush through the colt's light mane you turn a smile to Twilight.

But instead of a defeated face she just rolls her eyes as she speaks up, "You still forgot." You don't let the words affect you as you turn your head back to the little colt who stares up to you in a slight bit of confusion as to why you would fix his mane now.

You float the brush from him as you lower your head to him, "Does daddy's brush feel any different?"

Twilight rolls her eyes too the comment as she looks back to the bag.

To her absent stare you cock a smile as you speak up, “So we forgot the mane brush but we brought the cup cakes huh?” You nod to the little container on the dresser top, but you get no answer from the mare.

The colt blinks to your comment as he wiggles his hooves towards the ground, "Down." You cock a little smile to the comment as you move your hooves towards him. However before you scoop him up Twilight's voice comes up, "Who packed this?"

You turn your head to the little gray colored blue and white polka-dotted dressed doll that Twilight has in her hold.

But before you can speak up Aerolight has let out a baby like squall as he wiggles his slightly yellow glowing hooves, "Mine." The low glow of his magic quickly comes over the toy as it's floated over to him right into his mouth. His pink eyes and smile turn up to Twilight as he wraps his hooves around the toy that he's only a little bigger then.

The sight widens Twilight's eyes as he brings a hoof up to her mouth, "T-that was mine and Violets."

A faint chuckle comes up from you at her choice in words as you just watch the mare, however Twilight's tone changes a little low as the mare pokes her head towards the little colt, "Where did you find that?"

Aerolight just smiles to the comment as he holds his head to the mare. Twilight's voice comes back up as she turns her eyes back to you, "Oooh...Violet grew up too fast."

The slight sniffle in her voice widens your smile as you think, finally i'm not the only one! Your smile turns Twilight's head back to the doll in the colt's hold as she notices a little tear in the old doll's stitching.

A faint glow of purple comes to the toy as she starts up an expertly crafted baby tone, "Mommy is going to fix that before you play with it okay?"

The colt's hold over the toy is dropped as he just stares to the now brighter glowing purple doll. Twilight's spell ends quick to the little toy as she floats it back to the colt, but this time his foal like attention span has already ended as he brings himself to his hooves and tries to jump from the bed.

You quickly stop his attempt as you speak up, "Alright here i'll put you down."

Twilight blinks to the colt's movements as she floats the toy towards him, "B-but Aerolight don't you want to play with Smartypants?"

As you lower the colt to his hooves he turns his pink eyes back to Twilight as he shakes his head, "no."

His word has no meaning to the mare as she floats the toy closer to him, "Are you sure?"

The toy's closer proximity brings a smile to the colt's face as he ends up galloping away a little more. However, the little game is brought to an end as his coat glows and the door comes open to his magic.

His happy little giggle comes up as he quickly gallops out of sight into the hallway. You and Twilight quickly dart after him into the hall only to realize he's already been stopped by a low blue bubble of magic that's formed around him.

You shift your eyes up to the smiling light purple mare as her horn's magic stops. But the lack of magic only sparks the colt's hooves back up as he now hops towards the light orange pegasus with a command, "up!"

Sparky takes to his wings as he scoops the little colt up not wanting him to just run off or something.

To the finally captured colt Twilight brings her voice up as she looks over the two ponies, "Are you two going out somewhere?"

Violet nods her head as she gives a little smile.

The toy still in Twilight's magical hold moves behind her a little more as she speaks up, "Would you mind taking Aerolight with you? I don't want him running around the castle."

Your ear flicks to the comment as you think if over, don't want him running all over the castle but a city is fine? A faint laugh comes to you but before you can speak up Violet has reluctantly nodded her head.

"Thank you, um you won't be gone long right?" Twilight's comment brings Sparky's voice up as he shakes his head, "We were just going to go get lunch."

Twilight nods to the comment as she trots back into the room, "Okay." To the absent mare Sparky and Violet begin to move down the hall.

As Sparky's above ground flight brings him a little further away you turn back into the room with a comment, "Don't you think Aerolight needs to be watched a little more outside than inside?"

Twilight rolls her hoof to your comment as she floats the little doll in front of her gaze, "I was about that age when I first started walking around Canterlot with Shinning and Cadance."

Her words don't really cool your thoughts as you give a little laugh, "Yes but you didn't have the ability to randomly teleport just from crying."

The lavender mare floats the doll back to the bed with a smile as she turns to you, "No, but it's still good for Violet and Aerolight to spend sometime together."

Again you bring up a little chuckle as you cock your head, "In a city we barely know anything about?"

Twilight holds her know it all smile as she nods her head, "Yes."

Her stance and tone already tells you that you're not going to win this, so you let out a sigh as you speak up, "Then why don't we go out and get lunch."

A faint giggle comes from Twilight as she rings out a response, "You actually want to go and get something to eat? When we can get anything we want here? Besides we should be here that way we can talk with Shinning and Cadence when they're ready."

You let out another sigh as you nods, "Alright."

Twilight holds her know it all smile as she trots towards the hallway, "It's also good for Violet and Sparky to experience the responsibility of a foal."

Your ear flicks to the words as you follow after her, "Bad choice in words Twilight."

Another little giggle comes from Twilight as she turns her head back to you, "It also keeps them out of trouble."

End of chapter 5