• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 586 Views, 11 Comments

Should be Something... - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the Could Be series, parts 58-59. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
4
 11
 586

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – Ride it out

The low rumble of the train as it barrels down the rails continues to jiggle you a little on its way towards the bright colorful glass like city in the distance. The light blue shine that echos into the clear spring day sky brings a calming feeling to your body and mind almost like magic. Which of course is what most likely induces the feelings; either way, at this very moment no magically enhanced feelings swirl to your heart and mind. Instead, the fuzzy butterfly effect in you has been brought on by the little dark cream colored colt that's nuzzled himself into your side as he continues to enjoy his little sleep.

It has always struck you as odd how the little colt will be his normal rambunctious never still self and then in an instant becomes nothing more than a curled up sleeping ball of fuzzy fur.

Of course, for right now his decision to take a little nap was greatly welcomed; seeing as how you no longer have to fight to keep him in his seat.

You hold your smile to the colt for a moment as you slowly start to drift from your thoughts back to the low chattering of the ponies still remaining in the train's car. Your eyes come up towards the lavender mare who now holds her own gaze from the book she has in her hooves.

As your two gazes meet you give a sly little smile as you slightly tighten your right hoof to the colt that sits beside you. For good measure you slightly stick your tongue out towards Twilight as you stare across to her.

A happy little thought comes to mind as you watch her just roll her eyes and return to the book in her hold. Ya, that's right Twilight...I got him to stay still.

From Twilight's turned gaze you shift your eyes to the other two ponies in your group. Violet and Sparky's closed eyes and heads that lean up against each other with only the slight jiggle of the train that move them, would make you think they fell asleep. But, the light blue glow that stems from the young mare's horn says otherwise.

You're not really sure how long the young mare's been holding the spell and that fact brings a slight questioning to you as you also don't know how easy it is to just drop the spell.

The slight aura of the rapidly approaching train station and city starts to shine in the corner of your eye as the train's speed begins to slow.

Spike stretches his arms out in front of him as he speaks up, "Finally! Gosh, why does the Crystal Empire have to be four hours away." The little dragon's slightly loud voice starts to shift the little colt next to you, which props your hoof to hold him a little just to make sure he doesn't decide to roll of his seat.

"Next stop the Crystal Empire!"

The louder voice of the stallion now trotting towards one of the doors of the car finally stirs the little colt from his nap as he starts to blink his pink eyes with a baby like announcement.

Violet's horn loses its glow as the train's brakes start to tighten a little more. The station out side of the window begins to run past the windows as you float the two bags by your hooves up and around you.

It only takes a few moments for the train to come to its full halt, and as it does the ponies around the car begin to stand and trot towards the door.

Twilight's voice comes to her as she stands and floats the book to you, "Come here Aerolight." She holds a little smile to the sleepy eyed colt as she scoops him up into her hold and begins to trot towards the ponies now filing out.

You however just stare to the book Twilight quickly floated to you as you try to figure out where to put it. The slight confusion only last for a moment though as you end up stuffing it randomly into one of the bags.

You slowly come to your hooves as you stretch out the slight stiffness you have in your back legs, but you still follow after the lavender mare in front of you. All of the while, waiting for the light purple mare and orange coated pegasus to follow after you.

It takes a few moments to finally get out of the train as the group comes to settle out in an empty spot of the train station.

Twilight's voice comes up as she looks between everypony, "Cadence and Shining should be expecting us now, so lets stop by the castle before anything else." As her words come to an end she start’s her trot up as you and everypony else follow after.

- - -

The trot through the crystal streets has been surprisingly fairly quick. Despite the fact of the city being a lot bigger and from what you can guess a tourist spot, the wider streets have made the journey a little easier.

You hold your eyes to the large towering light blue crystal that pokes up from the center of the city as one more thought rolls into your head. Unlike Canterlot, the rulers of their city don't exile themselves in a castle.

A faint smile comes to you as you nod, yep Princess Do-Nothing and her castle of evil bringing.

The faster paced trot brings the group under the crystal castle's underbelly fairly quickly as you all turn your attentions to the deep blue stone stairs into the open castle doors. It's still surprising to you that there's not as many guard ponies around the castle, but then again a city supposedly protected by an all seeing and all powerful crystal heart might deter a lot of ponies.

Violet, Spike and Sparky continue their trot up the stairs as you change your pace to match the lavender mare who's slowed to balance herself on her three hoof trot.

The foal in her hold has started to wake up a little more, but luckily he's been too distracted by the new sights around him to squirm.

It takes you and Twilight a few extra moments to trot up the stairs but as you do you both join up with the other few ponies that have now been stopped by a crystal pony.

"...Hello, my name is Nimby. What can I do for you all today?" The cheerful greeting quickly brings Twilight's voice up as the mare pushes herself a little forward, "I'm Twilight Sparkle, my brother invited us."

The crystal stallion nods his head as he holds his smile, "Ah yes.." The stallion pauses as he bows a little, "I regret to inform you all but King Shining and Queen Ap- I mean Cadence are a unreachable at the moment."

The comment drains the smile from your face as you look around to the few other ponies that trot through the hall in the distance, Oh Celestia...It's changelings again isn't it!?

"...But I have been instructed to take you all to your rooms. Their meeting should only be a little while." His voice stops as he looks over the group, "Oh...Well the three rooms have already been selected. No matter I can make a fourth room available, follow me."

You slowly push the thoughts to the back of your mind as you all follow after the stallion. But you don't lower your own suspicion as your group begins to move further into the crystal castle's elegantly carved hallways.

You've never really been in the Crystal castle for longer than a few minutes, so the decorative halls and hundreds of little corridors are a little unnerving...Especially with your track record of staying in castles.

Never the less, the trot for you and Twilight comes to an end fairly fast as the trot up one of the short staircases comes to an end, "Here you two are, Queen Candace has instituted this room to be suited for a foal."

You and Twilight nod to the comment but you don't follow the mare in as you just watch the stallion leading Spike and the two young ponies down the hall to the other closed doors.

But your stare doesn't last long as Twilight's voice comes up, "We might as well unpack. If Shinning is in any kind of important meeting he won't be done anytime soon."

You slowly shift your eyes back to the room as you trot inside with a comment, "Like all the details? Sounds like somepony else I know?"

Twilight shakes her head to the comment with a little smile as she moves the colt to sit on the large dark royal purple and light blue patterned bed. As Twilight moves her hooves back to the ground she turns her eyes to the elegant looking gold and white crib that sits next on one side of the room.

"That's weird...This kind of looks like a gift from Celestia."

You float the bags from yourself as you roll your neck with a little sigh, "Hm...Princess of the cribs now?"

Twilight turns back towards the floating bag as her horn sparks up, "Just strange that Cadence wouldn't keep it." Her magic brings the bags to rest on the bed as she also closes the door to the room.

End of chapter 4