• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 1,832 Views, 11 Comments

Discord's New Plan - powerpony



Discord is back and out for revenge.

  • ...
1
 11
 1,832

Chapter 2

Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were at the park throwing a Frisbee around. Sweetie Belle tossed it to Scootaloo who tossed it to Apple Bloom, but she threw it too hard and it zoomed right above Apple Bloom's head and landed in the top of a big tree.

"Way to go Scootaloo," said Apple Bloom.

"Hey, it's not my fault I don't know my own strength," said Scootaloo, who sounded a little proud of herself.

"How are we going to get it down?" Sweetie Belle asked as she looked at how high the tree was.

Scootaloo tried jumping up to grab it, but she was too small to reach it. Apple Bloom tried bucking the tree like her big sister Applejack does, but the tree would not budge.

"I've got an idea," said Sweetie Belle. "What if we stand on top of each other and one of us can grab it."

The others agreed to give it a try. Sweetie Belle was at the bottom, then Apple Bloom got up in the middle and Scootaloo was at the top. Scootaloo tried to grab the Frisbee with her front hoof, but couldn't reach it. So she got up on her back legs and this time was able to grab the Frisbee. But then Apple Bloom started to wobble and Scootaloo almost lost her balance, but was able to get her footing back.

"Take it easy," she said. "Do you want me fall?"

"Sorry," said Apple Bloom. "I had an itchy knee I had to scratch."

But an itchy knee was about to be the least of their problems as Sweetie Belle noticed a small butterfly flying towards her. It flew around Sweetie Belle's face until it landed right onto her nose. At first Sweetie Belle was amazed at how colourful the butterfly was, but then she started to feel a little tickle in her nose. She tried to blow the butterfly off, but it would not budge and the more it stayed on Sweetie Belle's nose, the more it tickled. Finally, Sweetie Belle couldn't take it anymore and she let out a huge sneeze and her two friends came toppling down. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo slowly got up and glared at Sweetie Belle as they both said a very sternly, "Bless you."

"Don't blame me. Blame him," said Sweetie Belle as she pointed at the butterfly as it flew away.

Just then, the Cutie Mark Crusaders heard a big bong sound and they all looked up to see the big town hall clock chiming in the distance as it read 12 o'clock.

"I better get home for lunch," said Scootaloo.

"Me too," said Apple Bloom. "Applejack is making apple dumplings and if I don't get home quickly, Big Macintosh will eat them all."

"I better go too," said Sweetie Belle. "I'm having lunch at Rarity's place and she hates it when I'm late."

"Just let me grab my scooter and we can go," said Scootaloo and she walked towards a near by tree where her scooter was parked.

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle stood in the field for just a few seconds before they heard Scootaloo shout, "Girls, come here! Quick!"

The two fillies ran to where their friend was and asked her what was wrong and she pointed to the tree. The scooter was gone. All that was left in it's place was Scootaloo's helmet which was lying on the ground.

"Do ya think it just rolled away?" asked Apple Bloom.

"That's impossible," said Scootaloo. "I leaned it right next to this tree so it couldn't have rolled at all. Some pony must've stolen it."

"Who would do something so terrible?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Hey look at that," said Apple Bloom, pointing to the ground.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle saw what she was pointing at. There, in the grass, were fresh scooter tracks.

"Let's follow them," said Scootaloo. "Maybe they will lead us to our thief."

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom were a bit nervous when they heard Scootaloo say that.

"Are ya sure that's a good idea?" asked Apple Bloom. "It sounds dangerous to me."

"I don't care. Nopony steals from me and gets away with it," said Scootaloo as she started following the tracks.

"We better follow her," said Apple Bloom. "Make sure she doesn't get into any trouble."

Apple Bloom started following Scootaloo while Sweetie Belle muttered, "Rarity is going to kill me," before following her friends.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders followed the scooter tracks all over the park until they stooped and saw that the tracks were leading right into the Everfree Forest. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom started to back away from the forest, but Scootaloo began moving right into it.

"Are you crazy?" said Sweetie Belle. "Do you know how many dangerous creatures are in there?"

But Scootaloo would not listen and walked right into the forest. The other two fillies knew that they had no choice. They had to follow their friend so that at the mere moment something bad happens, they grab her and get out of there. Apple Bloom walked in first with Sweetie Belle right behind her.

The Crusaders slowly walked through the dark forest. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom were both trembling with fear as they had the feeling that something was about to jump out of the bushes and gobble them up. But Scootaloo was too determined to get her scooter back to be scared.

Just then, a huge furry arm came out of the darkness and grabbed Sweetie Belle. Another hand covered her mouth to prevent her from screaming and they pulled her right into a bush. Then two arms came out and did the same thing to Apple Bloom. As this was going on, Scootaloo noticed that the scooter tracks disappeared.

"Looks like the thief got away," Scootaloo said disappointed.

She turned around to tell her friends that they could head back when she saw that they were both gone. She looked around the woods, calling their names.

"Apple Bloom? Sweetie Belle? C'mon girls, this isn't funny."

Scootaloo continued walking until she stopped dead in her tracks as she saw her scooter standing in front of a big bush.

"There you are," she said.

She then looked around to see if the thief was still around, but didn't see anyone. She then realized that she had to find Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle as she remembered them saying how dangerous the forest is. She went up to her scooter, thinking that she could find her friends faster if she was riding it, but just as she was about to touch it, two large arms burst out of the bush and grabbed her front hooves. Then a large furry dog like face popped out of the bush and a wicked smile appeared on his face.

"Hello, little one," it said as Scootaloo trembled in fear.