• Published 23rd Dec 2013
  • 1,504 Views, 194 Comments

Children of Chaos - shirotora



Razor Wind and his friends are sent through time to a much darker Equestria

  • ...
22
 194
 1,504

Chapter 3: Sex, Drugs, and Alcohol

Chapter 3: Sex, Drugs, and Alcohol

The Trail Master tore down the road toward Canterlot. Their first scheduled stop was the Crystal Caverns, but they were taking the scenic route and wouldn't arrive until the next day. Autumn studied the map, looking for any interesting places to stop.

“How 'bout the Tartarus Gate Monument?” Autumn recommended, “We can see Princess Celestia's statue.”

“That would be cool. A lot of ponies we know lost family there,” Raz stated.

“Aunt Scoot's dad has a bust there. He died saving a bunch of ponies,” Blaze said.

“My mom died there,” Oak said, a little depressed.

“It's decided then,” Razor said, “We'll pay our respects to some of Equestria's greatest heroes, then we'll go set up camp at Dusk's Glade, by the falls. In the morning, we'll go exploring the Crystal Caves. I want to try and find where Cadence was held prisoner.”

“I don't,” Surprise grumbled quietly.

“Alright!” Razor cheered as he floored the accelerator, “Let's go see a battlefield!”

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

It was amazing how quickly one’s excitement could be replaced by a somber reverence. The Tartarus Gate Monument created an assortment of feelings from sorrow for those who died, to pride for examples of heroism these ponies were. The great obsidian wall curved in a semicircle around the marble statue of Celestia. Along the top of the wall sat busts of the lost heroes of the battle. The wall itself was adorned with countless names of everyone who lost their lives.

Razor walked with Surprise along the wall as she searched for a particular name. They recognized a few names from the stories... Deep Diver... Carrot Cake... Orion... Finally, Surprise stopped. She brushed her hoof across one of the names, Ruby Heart. Surprise let a few tears fall as she once again tried and failed to summon a memory of the mare that gave her life. She was just too young to remember anything.

Pinkie had told her how she escaped Tartarus when the gate opened, but instead of trying to get away, she came for her. Surprise was her only concern in the world. Then, when the demons broke into the shelter and took her, she sacrificed herself to buy the others time to get away.

“What do you think my name was?” asked the changeling.

Razor put a paw around her withers, “It doesn't matter. If it did, she would have told Pinkie, but your mother wanted Pinkie to be your new mom. That's why the only name that matters is the one Pinkie gave you.

“I wish I could have gotten to know her.”

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Snow stared at the marble alicorn in the center of the monument with a touch of anger. Oak noticed her mood and wondered if he should pry. His choice was made for him when the tigony spoke.

“You know,” Snow started, “Before this, she murdered my mom... Surprise's, too.”

Oak's ears perked at that. Razor told him the old ruler of the sun and Shiro had a falling out because of something she did, but he never guessed it was something like that.

“There used to be a law that changelings were to be executed on sight. When my dad tried to stop her from killing Surprise when she was just two years old, she killed my mom instead. My dad fought through Tartarus to get her and bring her back.”

Her frown turned into a scowl, “She killed hundreds, thousands if you include the ones she ordered others to kill, and when she does one thing to break even, she gets a fucking statue. I swear, I just want too...” She snorted in anger, “but Twilight's been too nice to my family, and she'd be upset if I destroyed this thing.”

Oak looked at the young tigony. She really was her brother's foil, and not just in appearance. Where Razor Wind could be kind of timid and reserved, rarely standing up for himself, Winter Snow was outspoken and confrontational. Her short temper was legendary and was one of the reasons The Wub Shack rarely had problems with patrons, her being the head bouncer. If half the stories his friend told of her were true, though, she had good intentions.

“You know,” Razor said as he and Surprise came up behind them, “Mom and Dad had the idea to erase her decisions on changelings from history. She was being influenced by the Nightmare, and thought she was doing a good thing. Even mom and dad forgave her.”

They all sat in silence for a few minutes before Surprise spoke up, “Hey, How about we go to the falls now. It's kinda depressing here.”

Snow nodded, “Sounds like a plan.”

“Hold on... where's Blaze and Autumn?” Razor suddenly noticed their absence.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

A light wind rustled the leaves of the trees. The sound of birdsong could just be heard over the steady roar of churning water. The water kicked up a light mist, making a natural rainbow over Dusk's Glade. Razor had to admire the colorful illusion. Something about them made them so much better than their more vibrant, brighter, artificial counterparts. Perhaps it was because of how rare they were.

“Weeehehe!” the winged tigony was brought out of his thoughts by the form of a pink maned white pegasus tucking her wings just as she flew over top.

A grin spread across his face as he called out, “Cannonball!” and leaped into the air.

“Cannonball assist!” Blaze called as flew just above his striped cousin and pushed him down with all his strength.

“Blaze you di-” Razor's insult was cut off by a rather violent aquatic collision.

The dragony was too lost in his laughter to see the enormous bucket of water hovering above his head. An equally large butter knife tapped the bottom, cracking it like an egg and drenching Blaze in a deluge. His laughter stopped as he processed what just happened. With a flick of his front hoof, he brushed his red locks from his eyes and continued laughing.

“Hey, guys!” Golden Autumn called out, “Ah got us a little treat, if ya want some!”

“What?” Razor called as he back stroked to shore.

The farm pony produced a bag full of a distinct red-orange plant. Surprise jumped out of the water and sped toward her.

“Is that what I think it is?”

“Eeyup,” replied Autumn, “One hundred percent, grade A Zebracan lava leaf.”

“Well, let's light the bitch up!” Blaze cheered, “Who's got a bong?”

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

The night was alive with the sounds of loud music, and cheering youth. Blaze and Autumn danced, as Snow took in a lungful of narcotic, before passing it to her brother. Surprise laid with her head in Razor's lap as she waved her forehooves in front of her, fascinated by something. Razor passed the bong on and resumed running his paw through his fillyfriend's mane, engrossed by the soft poofiness.

“We should totally do this more, bro,” Snow said as she tore into a hapless bunny she found nearby.

Oak watched the carnivorous half-pony devouring the animal, blood coating her muzzle. It was one thing seeing Razor eating meat, but Snow looked like a pony... well a zebra with a horn, but still.

“What? Smoke together? Sure, if you buy,” Razor chuckle, “Toss me a bit.”

“Get your own food!” Snow said and turned away.

“I got something for you,” Surprise said as she leaned up and drove her tongue into Razor's mouth.

The two began making out furiously. Autumn looked and rolled her eyes.

“Can't y'all go somewhere for that?” she complained.

“What, is this not hot enough, Goldie?” Surprise's form shimmered and was replaced by that of the earth pony farmer, “How 'bout now.”

“You take off mah skin right now!” Autumn shouted.

“Shadup, ruttin’',” said the changeling.

Autumn’s eyes widened as she realized what the two were doing... right in front of everyone... looking like her... “That's it! Ahm'a kick yer sorry asses ta the moon!” the enraged mare started to charge, but was interrupted by a pair of hooves wrapping around her barrel and carrying her into the air.

“Now now, Autumn,” Blaze teased, “We don't murder friends. She's just trying to get under your skin.”

“Well, that ain't a funny way to do it.”

“I know, but they're also pretty stoned. They don't have the natural tolerance we have. Come on now,” Blaze landed gracefully, “Let's get back to partaking in illegal narcotics with our loved ones.”

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

The sun peaked over the treetops, stirring the young partiers from their slumber. Blaze and Autumn woke with several empty bottles of Granny Smith Cider scattered around them and the headaches that came with them. Razor was next. He looked down, blinking in confusion as his mind tried to figure out why Twilight was in his arms.

“Morning, Razzie,” she said in a slightly squeaky voice that was not the Princess'.

Razor grinned as realization set in, “Good morning, your highness.”

Surprise was confused until she looked down at herself, “Oh,” her laugh-snorted sounded just like her mother's, “Wow, who's idea was this? Do you have a thing for the Princess, Razzie Poo?”

A ripple traveled down her body as her preferred pegasus form replaced that of the lavender alicorn.

“I can't deny that she is hot, but Cadence is better looking,” answered the tigony.

“You made out with her, too,” Snow said as she levitated two plates to her brother and his girlfriend. Eggs, and toast with elk strips for the meat eater, and hay bacon for the vegetarian.

“We did?” Surprise asked, “Oh, sorry. Lava leaf just brings out my base instincts, and I just want to feed. I'm just glad we just made out.”

“I get it, but that doesn't mean I want to see you sucking my brother's face all night. Oh, and you owe Autumn an apology. You made out as her, too.”

“Don't care 'bout an apology right now,” said the country girl, “Ah need food and somethin' for a hangover.”

“Dito,” groaned Blaze.

Snow served a meaty meal to the dragony, and a veggie meal to the dhampir. After a quick, light kick from Snow, Oak woke up and took his breakfast. Finally, Snow took her own food and they ate in relative silence, be it from pain or embarrassment. Eventually, they finished and Oak produced a root for the hungover pair to chew on.

“Damn,” Blaze said with a bit of a smile, “This stuff really works. Thanks, man.”

“Ah'll say,” Autumn agreed, “Mah headache's gone.”

“That's valeen root. It's a common alchemical ingredient in painkillers,” replied the botanist in training.

“Auntie Applebloom probably got some than. She's an alchemist,” Autumn said.

After cleaning up their campsite and bathing in the lake, they once again piled into the Trail Master.

“Alright, everypony ready?” Razor asked the others. After a chorus of agreement, he cheered, “Next stop, the Crystal Caves!”

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

As the six friends sped away, a shadow slinked from a bush, watching them go. A smile spread across his lips as he retrieved a crystal and spoke into it.

“They just left. Heading toward the caves beneath Canterlot, just like you said.”

Good,” came a voice from the magical communicator, “Follow them, and make sure everything goes as planned.

“Yes, sir. I'll make sure they never see daylight again.”