• Published 23rd Dec 2013
  • 1,500 Views, 194 Comments

Children of Chaos - shirotora



Razor Wind and his friends are sent through time to a much darker Equestria

  • ...
22
 194
 1,500

The Story Thus Far...

Prelude: The Story Thus Far

Chaos.

To so many, it is the enemy of order and harmony, but what is it really?

Many would claim it was the result of dark forces working to wreak havoc on the world. The ponies of the town of Ponyville were among them... that was until an event that only happens every thirteen hundred years happened right on the outskirts of town.

Shirotora, a human from Earth, found himself in a world he thought only existed on TV and in fan fiction. Not only that, but he found himself in a form that didn't belong in his world or this one; that of a white tiger. However, his new form didn't last too long. Upon meeting Twilight Sparkle, he found his form changed once again to that of a striped pony. Naturally, he assumed he was dreaming and just went along for the ride.

When he (painfully) learned that not only was it not a dream, and there was no possibility of him ever returning to his friends and family, he decided to try to make a life for himself. It helped that he discovered his talent with chaos magic, the same kind as Discord's, though much weaker.

It didn't take long for him to learn that this world was very different from the one he used to watch on TV. For one, he learned that Twilight's parents were killed when she was very young and after spending a few years living on the streets with her brother, she and Shining Armor were adopted by Princess Celestia. Shiro also learned that Fluttershy was part dragon after finding himself on the wrong end of her infamous ocular power. The most shocking at the moment of discovery, though, was the fact that Applejack and Big Macintosh were not siblings, but husband and wife. Shiro didn't know until after witnessing them kissing passionately. He also learned that the Apple family used to be the greatest vampire slayers in the world, and still learned the ancient ways just in case vampires ever managed to return.

Finally, he learned a horrible truth about ponies; they were still on the menu of the various predators. He witnessed this truth first hand on Hearths Warming Night when Twilight's date was killed right before his eyes by a barghest while he could only watch in fear. When the beast turned its sights on Twilight, though, he found the courage to move. He threw himself at the beast, somehow regaining the feline form he had when he first arrived. After the incident, Shiro swore he would never again stand by and let someone die if he could help them.

It was in his self appointed duties as protector of ponies that he first met Jynx Charm, a unicorn inventor and older sister to Shiro's best friend, Rainbow Dash. After saving her life multiple times, the two fell in love and started dating.

Over the course of months, Shiro fought of several monsters and a pair of assassins that were sent after him for reasons he didn't know. One of them was Gil, an ex-spy for the griffins and Rainbow Dash's ex-lover (in the show, he was gender swapped and renamed “Gilda”). And the other, a werewolf named Gray Fang, a warrior with an odd sense of honor, but honor all the same.

Then came Hearts and Hooves day. This was the day Shiro proposed to Jynx, and the day he nearly lost her forever. Discord had somehow escaped, and found Shiro. Using an illusion, he convinced Shiro he killed Jynx, believing this would drive the tiger mad. It didn't have quite the effect he was looking for.

It was at this moment, the “Black Beast” was first born. All of the negative emotions Shiro had bottled up manifested into an evil, black shadow of himself that rampaged indiscriminately through Ponyville, killing as he went. Eventually, Twilight and the others were forced to use the Elements of Harmony against their friend, locking him in stone.

For months, Shiro was frozen in his prison until Discord, in an attempt to redeem himself for being tricked into driving Shiro insane, freed the cat as the mastermind behind the assassins and Discord’s misguided acts showed himself. The very pony that Shiro saw die on Hearths Warming revealed himself to be Chronos, the tyrannical father of Celestia and Luna that once ruled over Equestria with an iron hoof. After a lengthy battle in which Celestia lent Shiro her power, the evil god was struck down. Unfortunately, Shiro's mortal body was never meant to hold the power of a goddess, and the power burned away the majority of his magic power.

With Chronos dead, Shiro was able to relax somewhat. It was in this time of peace that he and Jynx were wed, and their first child was born. Razor Wing was a strange mix of pegasus and tiger with pony-like hind hooves, wings, mane, and tail. Unfortunately for the newlyweds, he also inherited his father's chaos magic which manifested itself in strange ways, like tuning Jynx human for a time (which was great for a prank). It was shortly followed by the birth of Autumn Gold, Applejack's first foal.

It was also during this time that Shiro met who would be two of his best friends. The first was an earth pony by the name of Dohi Waya (Peaceful Wolf), the adopted son of Gray Fang, the werewolf assassin. He sought revenge for his father's death at Shiro's hand, but failed. Shiro, his chaos magic telling him this pony would have a bigger role in things to come, invited the pony to stay and try again. Even though it confused him greatly, the pona accepted. After some time, Waya began seeing Shiro as a friend, though they still fought on a regular basis. Waya would later begin courting Twilight.

His second friend he met when taking classes at Canterlot University. Phoenix was a pegasus elemental with command of fire. After a misunderstanding between Pinkie and himself, he started dating the hyper pink pony who would later become his wife.

Unfortunately, Shiro's life was soon turned on its head again when a little orphan colt entered his life... a colt he thought he made up. Midnight Star was a ten year old druid, an earth pony that could command plants and speak with animals (Ponyville attracts the strangest characters). After surprisingly little deliberation, Shiro and Jynx adopt the boy.

It was after this that Shiro discovers a cult that wanted to use the young druid as a sacrifice in a ritual to open the gates of Tartarus. The tiger, to protect his new son, sought out the cult to eliminate them. While he was tracking them, Midnight was abducted and brought to their temple. After sneaking through their compound, he arrived in the ritual chamber to find his son bound and unconscious. It was here that Shiro acquired his signature weapon held by a dragon statue, the Wind Bound Spear, a pole-sword that granted the wielder the power of flight. With his Gary-Stu level up a little, he fought the numerous cultists until he collapsed from exhaustion and blood loss from the multiple wounds attained in the battle.

When he woke up, he learned the dragon statue was actually a dragony, half dragon, half pony, named Jetaga that was encased in stone hundreds of years ago by the Fluttershy's grandmother, the sun dragon seer, Laalia. She foresaw that he would be needed in the future and so he agreed to be petrified. When he was released from his stony prison, he saw the wounded tiger, and rescued him and Midnight.

After recovering, a few adventures, and Rainbow and Jetaga hooking up, another event happened that would shake the whole of Equestria. As Shiro, Jynx, Pinkie, and Celestia walked through a park, Jynx demonstrated a new device she made to undo some of the things Razor's magic would do by reverting things back to their natural state. Upon activating the device, it revealed a pair of changelings, a mother and foal.

Celestia, having an uncharacteristic hatred for the shapeshifters, killed the mother without thought. When she turned her sights on the baby, though, Shiro stepped in. He insisted that killing the baby was wrong and it should be given a chance. When Celestia attacked him, accusing him of betraying Equestria, Jynx was caught in the crossfire and killed.

In an attempt to make things right, Luna guided Shiro to the gates of Tartarus. The feline hero fought his way through hell to retrieve his love, bringing her back to the land of the living. As for the changeling foal, she was given to Pinkie to raise. This was a dream come true, especially after the doctor told her she would be unable to conceive a foal of her own. She named the baby Surprise.

After his return, he found the reason behind Celestia’s unusual behavior when the Nightmare took over her body and tried to take Equestria as her own. This was Jynx’s time to shine as she used a powerful spell to pull the Nightmare from the solar ruler’s body. Luna, glad to finally get her revenge, incinerated the Nightmare once and for all.

A while after, Shiro was tricked in by the same cult that tried killing Midnight. One of their high priests had been posing as a doctor and convinced Shiro into opening a sort of “back door” into Tartarus, unleashing a horde of monsters. Equestria and several surrounding nations sent armies to meet the denizens of hell.

In the ensuing battle, Laalia was dealt a mortal wound, and before she died, passed her gift of sight on to Fluttershy, who from then on decided to start going by the name she was given at birth, Kataya, Draconic for Fluttershy.

Another event of importance was the revelation of the Apple family legacy. The reason why they were such successful vampire hunters as because they themselves had vampiric blood flowing through their veins, making them Dhampir.

The decisive blow was landed when Celestia, in a desperate bid to save her kingdom, sacrificed her life in a powerful ritual. Her spirit was fused with Tartarus, like her mother's, sealing it back up and severing it from Equestria. Her body was vaporized, and her magic crystallized and scattered across the world.

After witnessing Midnight get shot with an arrow, Shiro once again went mad. The Black Beast emerged once again, but when Midnight, being mostly healed by a powerful healing spell, confronted the monster, Shiro managed to expel the beast. The dark energy coalesced into a physical form and attacked it’s former host. The battle that ensued took everything Shiro had, and in the end, it was thanks to his friends, the Elements of Harmony, and his own magic that victory was attained.

With peace ensured once again, and the nation mourning the loss of friends, family, and one of their princesses, Shiro was finally able to settle into a mostly peaceful life. Luna decided that, with her sister gone, it was time to step down and let new blood rule. Twilight and Waya, after being wed, took Luna's place as rulers of the night while Shining Armor and Cadence took the day.

In the years following, Shiro and Jynx celebrated the birth of their only daughter, Winter Snow, and years later the wedding of Midnight Star and Applebloom.

Now, Shirotora is in his fifth decade of life, playing with his grandchildren whenever Midnight and Applebloom visited, and enjoying the peace his life offered. Razor Wing was a college kid, and Snow was getting ready to move out herself. The dread of an empty house was weighing heavily on the cat, but he was proud of who his children had become and hopeful of who they would be in the years to come.

This is where this story begins...