• Published 14th Mar 2012
  • 730 Views, 15 Comments

The world that only i can see. - NightBeat



This is my first fic so don't expect there to be good grammer or it to even be good.

  • ...
 15
 730

Prologue: Again?!?

I awoke from my nap to find myself lying in a forest. Which was strange cause this isn't where i was when i fell asleep, but its fine with me cause i like the forest anyways. I take a look around to try an find out where I am or at least to find some sort of sign as to what forest I'm in. This forest is different then any other forest I've ever seen yet it all seemed so familiar at the same time. I take a step forward only to stop a second later, the sound of soft piano playing in the distance has grabbed my attention. I take a few minutes to look for the source of the music but to my dismay i can't find the source.

I began to walk few more yards when the forest seemed to open up for me revealing a small clearing, I proceed into the clearing with a bit of caution then all of a sudden i was surrounded by bubbles. I began to freak out but then stopped after a few moments when i realized that they weren't doing any harm to me. Continuing on a few more feet when I notice a silhouette, as I get a little closer i noticed who it was. It was Derpy sitting there in all her beauty with her golden mane shining in the small beam of sun that was coming through the trees.

She begins to walk towards me and begins to speak, but for some weird reason i couldn't hear her but I made out some of what she said and I was pretty sure that she was saying "I've been waiting for you." When she finally got up to me she gave me a passionate hug and then grabbed my arm and pulled me to a bigger clearing in the forest. She pulled out a bottle and began blowing bubbles, she handed me the bottle and I started blowing bubbles as well. After we emptied the bottle i stared deep into her eyes and it seemed like she was waiting for something, As i leaned in to kiss her she grabbed my hoof and dragged me off to a different part of the clearing.

When we arrived there were a bunch of flowers spread out cross the field she motions over to them and begins to pick them. I gave her a warm smile and began to pick a bunch of flowers, when we finished a handed her the bouquet of flowers and she takes them from my hooves. She begins smell the flowers and i look of pure joy appears on her face, we once again locked eyes in a deep and passionate gaze. I only assumed that this was the perfect time to kiss her, I lean in to try and kiss her again but just like the last time she grabbed my hoof and dragged me to another part of the clearing and this time it was a nice little picnic that she had set up.

We both sat down on the checkered blanket that was on the ground. she smiled at me and opened the basket the first thing she took out was of course a muffin but i didn't care cause I love muffins. she handed me the muffin and smiled and took out another one, I stared at the muffin for a second and looked back at her with a smile then took a big bite out of it. I had a look of surprise on my face when i realized that it was a blueberry muffin, "did she some how know that they were my favorite kind of muffin?" I had said to myself, we sat there enjoying each others company for what felt like hours.

We sat there and when she made eye contact with me I thought that was THIS was the moment but instead of leaning in to kiss her, I looked at her for a couple more seconds she then pointed up to the sky. I raised my eyebrow and then looked into the sky, to my surprise the sun was already setting and the stars were starting to come out. I lied down on my back to stare at the stars, when i did this Derpy lied down next me. I looked over at her and gave her a warm smile and motioned her to get closer.

She moved in closer and we began to cuddle each other while we stared at the stars. She stopped nuzzling my neck to stare at me, When i looked down at her. Then i realized that our snouts were a few inches away from each other then i realized that THIS was the moment that my whole day led up to this, stared at her for a few seconds making sure that she was waiting for me to make my move. I leaned in and kissed her for what seemed like an eternity, when i opened my eyes i saw her smiling at me but she was blowing away in the wind as if she was sand. When i looked down at my hooves I saw a few grains of sand, I stared at them with a tears in my eyes and i said, "I love you. I'll always love you."

Then I woke up in my bed suddenly, "DAMN!!! The same dream again really?!?!?" I said as I looked around my room. It was the same dirty room that you would expect from a 17 year old boy, I wiped my face only to find a lone tear on the same cheek as my pony in my dream. "huh? Did my dream really have that much affect that it made me cry in real life??" I leaned down and grabbed my phone to check the time, "six o' clock in the morning...." I rubbed my face and got out of bed, i searched around my room and threw on the first clean cloths I could find and went to the bathroom.

As soon as I opened the door my mom is standing there, "what are you doing up so early?" she says with a confused look on her face. "Oh my dream just woke me up is all." I said as I pushed my way past my mom to get to the bathroom, she shrugs at my comment and goes to wake my little brothers up. When I finish packing my things for the school day my mom shouts to me letting me now that we are leaving. I close my door and had to the car, when I got to the car my mom was already backed out of the driveway and ready to pull out.

ONE LONG AND SILENT CAR DRIVE LATER

I open the car door and step out, "bye son i love you have a nice day." my mom yells to me trying to get my attention over my loud music. I simply waved my hand at her as I walked away, when I entered my school I was greeted by my normal group of friends but I didn't really pay any attention to them seeing as my mind couldn't get off the same dream I've been having all week. They all knew something was wrong with me but none of them knew I was a brony and if they did know they would question my dream and say it was just a silly obsession which wasn't true at all it was something more I just didn't know how to explain it to them so I didn't.

I went about my normal day but instead of talking to people I just kept quite and continued thinking about my dream. No matter how hard I tried my mind always came back to my dream, I couldn't escape it... When lunch finally came around i decided that it was best to just eat lunch by myself, so i grabbed my food and went to a random spot in the school, at that moment my phone was flooded with text messages "hey where are you?", "whats wrong?", " why aren't you eating lunch with us?" I looked at my phone and put it back in my pocket and finished my lunch.

When the finally bell rang I met my friends in the middle of the school courtyard and talked to them for a little bit answering there questions with the same answer, "I had stuff to think about.." They just looked at each other and accepted the answer, I gave them all one last good bye and left to the city bus stop. I looked at the stop light and saw that the traffic was backed up so I began to cross, I went passed the first lane of cars then the second then the third but as i stepped into the fourth lane the last thing I felt was my body being tossed into the air.....

When I awoke I was in the middle of a dirt road. I looked around for a second when i heard the sound of a harmonica being played off to the side, I looked over and saw a man sitting underneath a tree. He stopped playing and looked up at me "so I see you finally made it." I looked at him with a confused face "huh yea I guess I did but if I may ask where am I exactly?" The man let out a small chuckle then continued to talk "isn't it obvious boy you are at a cross roads, this is where you chose to either continue living your life the way it is, you can give up and go to heaven, give up and go to hell.....,or continue living your life in a different world of you choice.

I looked at the man for a second and said "I want to live my life in equestria!!!" The man looked at me with a devilish smile and said "alright my boy as you wish but know this, there is no going back and you can't bring anyone or anything with you." I agreed to the terms and with that the man began to play his harmonica in a more melodic tune. When I awoke I was in equestria I looked down and saw two smokey gray hooves with a purple bracelets on my front ankle and higher up on my front legs where yellow bracelets on both legs and on my back ankle there was pink bracelet and higher up were two blue bracelets on both back legs. I shook my head and glasses fell of my face they had a green tint to them, when I looked into them I saw my face I had midnight blue eyes and a red mane with a lighter shade of red for highlights. I jumped for joy when I realized that I was my pony NightBeat!!!! "now how do I start off my new life???" I said to myself as I walked down a dirt path. After walking for an hour I finally came to a sign that read "Steam Town" I raised an eyebrow not recognizing the town name.

"hmmm I've never heard of this town before in MLP:FIM." I walked into the town and looked around, it amazed me at how many buildings where industrialized. "I didn't know that the ponies in the show were this advanced!" I looked for the someone to talk to to get some direction to where ponyville was and the general amount of time it would take me to travel there. I looked around for a little while longer, I walk down the street and bump into a big stallion. He looks down at me with a bit of anger in his eyes, "I'm sorry mister I didn't see you there." I say trying not to get my ass kicked as soon as i get to equestria.

The expression on his face changes from anger to one of shock and confusion, "umm I'm not to sure you are where you think you are kid." He said as he stared at my horn. "really?!?!? then where am I?" I said with a confused look on my face. "yes kiddo this isn't equestria. HA that place is on the other side of the globe from here." He said with a smug look on his face, "WHAT!!!! HOW THE HELL DID I GET WAY THE HELL OUT HERE AND WHERE THE HELL IS HERE ANYWAYS!!!" He takes a step back a little shocked at my choice of words. "well kid you see you are on the continent of New Equinox." He says with a smirk expecting me to have heard of this place. "umm what?!?!" I say with a confused look on my face, "what?! you've never heard of this place and yet you live on the continent!" I looked at him with a sheepish look on my face.

"sorry sir but to be honest I just kinda woke up here." I was ready to to change the subject, "sooooo how much does it cost to get to equestria anyways?" He stops and puts his hoof to his chin then says well if I'm correct it should be about 1000 bits just to get you across the ocean that separates the two continents." He looks at me with a serious look "and since you say you just randomly woke up here I would only assume that you don't have any bits and that means you gotta find some sort of job, and that might be a little hard for you seeing as you are a unicorn and usually all unicorns here are mares and most business owners see that as a sign of weakness." I looked at him with shock, "What! how is that a sign of weakness?" i shouted, "well kid if you haven't noticed most of the ponies here is a either Pegasus or a Earth pony so we really look for a pony who can carry their own weight.... sorry kid all I can say is good luck."

I stood there in shock at what I just heard and then I realized that if they won't hire me as a unicorn they sure wouldn't take me with out any education or training.."well fuck its like life back on earth all over again." I sighed and began to look for a school to enroll myself into. After going to several schools and talking to several principals I finally find a school that will take me in.

After my first week of going to school and bumming it around Steam Town I finally decide to look for a job to start saving up for my journey to equestria. No one wanted to accept me just cause I was a unicorn they didn't even care if I had the proper education, but finally after searching all week I found a place that would let me work for them in a small music shop. I knew i wouldn't be here long but i decided to enjoy it as much as possible. Seeing as i always loved music back on earth.

So here I am in New Equinox struggling to make some sort of pay so that I can make my way to equestria. I sighed "who knew that life here would be pretty much the same as it was back on earth, Oh well i just got to focus on my studies and save up my money." life is gonna be rough..............


AND THERE YOU HAVE IT MY PROLOGUE TO MY FIRST FIC IF YOU LIKE IT PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TO TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD IMPROVE ON AND OTHER STUFF LIKE THAT AND IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT MY FIC KEEP IT TO YOURSELF CUZ I'M GONNA UPDATE IT ANYWAYS.... THANKS FOR READING!!!!