• Published 23rd Dec 2013
  • 4,088 Views, 115 Comments

Twilight Sparkle and Her Friends Play Age of Empires II - swirlstar



What it says in the title - Twilight Sparkle and her friends play Age of Empires II.

  • ...
2
 115
 4,088

Epilogue

Epilogue

“Thank you so much for a lovely day, Rarity,” Spike mumbled, love-smitten as ever, as the Golden Oaks Library towered before them.

The fashionista ‘awwed’ and ruffled the little dragon’s headspikes playfully. “It was wonderful having you at the Boutique, Spikey-Wikey, and I do hope you’ll pop in again soon. Plus,” – and her mood darkened considerably at the thought – “I can’t have you watching Twilight and her friends play that.”

“Yeah,” Spike murmured, wondering why his love was getting all worked up over this. The only thing he learnt from watching Twilight play was that the Second Council of Nicaea in 787 ended iconoclasm in the Eastern Roman Empire, an utterly irrelevant piece of information that was now stuck like gum in his budding brain.

The white unicorn launched into The Rant as she proceeded up the garden path. “What a beastly little game that is! I mean, I can forgive the awful fashion sense and the corny music effects, the killing- oh, the killing! It’s positively industrial!

Rarity turned to Spike as she stood before the wooden door, a veritable fire in her eyes. “And let me tell you, Spike: I bet the likes of King Sombra created that horrid piece of evil. It’s corruption of the highest order.”

“I guess so.”

The fashionista leered at the dragon for a long hard while. "Oh well. Let us hope that they’ve ended their infernal session by now… ” She raised her hoof and rapped on the door a few times.

“Twilight! It’s Rari-

BAM. The door yanked open and a blur of cyan zipped out before anypony could react. “Oh, goodness!” Rarity screamed, jerking her head back to see what was the matter. “What on Earth is the- “

Help me, R-rarity!” Rainbow Dash stammered, eyes wide open and legs like jelly, desperately seeking shelter behind the white unicorn.

The fashionista was just as shaken. “Rainbow Dash? What has gotten into- “

A gasp as she gazed back at the insides of the Library, looking as if somepony had unleashed the Elements of Harmony on it. Books were strewn everywhere, broken glass and china littering the floor, walls and ceiling blackened and charred, minor fires even burning away in the upper levels.

And in the middle of it all, three very enraged ponies: an orange farm pony, a pink party pony, and a purple alicorn.

Twilight?” Rarity gawped dumbly. “What has gotten into all of you- “

“RAINBOW DASH!” Her Highness roared as she pawed the ground angrily, steam emanating from her nostrils. “You broke your Pinkie Promise! AGAIN!

Nopony breaks a Pinkie Promise!” the normally-bubbly pony snarled, her voice waxing demonic. “Especially not for the fifth time in a row!

Okay, so that was less than enlightening. “Rainbow! Whatever is going on?!”

“I-it wasn’t fair!” the pegasus retaliated, still ducking behind her friend. “I should have won that game, fair and square! Y-you ponies cheated!

“Ain’t none of us three been cheatin’ in that game,” Applejack answered softly, menacingly. “You, on the other hoof… ”

“Well it doesn’t matter!” Rainbow Dash suddenly bounced up above Rarity, hovering indignantly over her fellow gamers. “I won again, Twilight! Rainbow Dash never loses at Age of Empires- “

Piao! The weathermare barely dodged a magenta ray fired at her, the projectile soaring past and setting aflame Ponyville Hall.

Princess Sparkle scowled. “Get her, girls... ”

Rarity’s eyes dilated as the two other ponies readied for the pounce. “What- Twilight, no!

Knightly Spike bravely threw himself before Rarity in an effort to protect his sweet. “I’ll protect you, M'Lady- ”

GET HER!

Whoomph! The baby dragon was quickly shunted aside as the combined mass of three ponies crashed into him, his useless body soaring like a bird in mid-air-

“Ahhh!” Rarity’s screams pierced the sky along with a salvo of purple lasers, Rainbow Dash flying too fast for any to score.

A cloud of angry, angry dust emanating from Mane Street as Spike got back onto his aching knees, the dragon immediately scrambling for the fashionista sprawled out some ways back. “Rarity; Rarity! Oh, by Celestia, I’m so, so sorry!”

Rarity lay twitching on the ground, her coiffured mane mangled and matted, her pristine white coat pockmarked with hoof-shaped bruises, her pretty face marred by a filthy black spot over her left eye. The unicorn could only shudder and groan in volcanic rage, Ponyvillian screams and shouts filling out the evening sky as Twilight launched a few more of her magical missiles at her fleeing enemy.

“… I hate that game… ”

~ THE END~

Author's Note:

Wow, the story's actually finished (and just under a month after starting as well, hooray!)

Thank you, all readers, for taking the time to look through this random piece of work; and thank you, all commenters, for the effort as well. It is very much appreciated. Apologies if the story didn't turn out like you wanted it to.

All mistakes are mine and Wikipedia's alone.

Comments ( 31 )

that was great! loved the way you ended it. :rainbowlaugh:

Jajaja, loved it in all the senses there are any other that doesn´t exists (wait, what...?) I just imagined Rarity in the end and, jajaja! :rainbowlaugh:

Perfect ending.

Kind of sad it ended, though. Would've loved to see a ton more done with this, personally, but at least it stayed strong all the way through.

3812359

But it would be a pretty good plot twist... I think...

Sequel!

3814823 Yeah maybe they could play AoE 3 or the expansion for AoE 2?

While that was a funny end, I also don't think Rainbow would be that desperate to win. Yes we've seen her cheat before, but in this situation she's pinkie promised five times that she wouldn't, and I'm inclined to believe that she would not go that far just for a game.

This is a true gem of a fanfic. Bravo!

Yeah, you really weren't thinking there, Rainbow. You don't break a Pinkie promise, and you certainly don't break a Pinkie promise while angering an Alicorn.

But you just had to go for a hat trick and do both of those, plus anger a mare who has proven to be able to keep up with you fairly well, is good with a rope, and can kick trees hard enough that the apples drop off.

3814977 Ae2!


I need more Asmund!

The ending was perfect all except there wasn't Asmund rage quitting at his new religion.

3816968
But they lost too, and they destroyed his planet's moon. I'd go with the god that can make cars with machine guns.

how did Twilight actually get all that historical information? i bet it was Pinkie Pie

Get HER!! XD

Loved the ending! I'm glad how everything turned out! Good job! :ajsmug:

3817606 If you look back at the prologue you will see that Twilight was reading the Alexiad and the Chronicle of George Sphrantzes, which Pinkie Pie later says she brought in from... somewhere. Those books are Byzantine histories. The Strategikon of Maurikios referenced later in the story is a Byzantine military manual - probably the best one written during the Middle Ages.

You know Pinkie, it's kind of your fault you lost. You didn't change the rules, therefor it doesn't qualify as cheating. And if you break an honor system five times, there's a serious flaw somewhere. Bet these chumps couldn't go through Starcraft on medium.:raritywink:
Also, flank frustrated much?:trollestia:

3822064 ya,i kinda forgot about that :twilightsheepish:

Ae3 sequel anyone? :pinkiehappy:

3916730 If your town center gets destroyed during the Dark or Feudal Age, you get the option to build one replacement.

3711235
3711186
3711114
3711186
3711075
3710801
I got bored finding the rest of the comments, but anyway, I found a way to play it online if you people are intrested. I found it a while ago then I remembered all this so... yeah.

3917612 oh that never happened to me so I would not know

Ooh! Ooh! I know I know!

Sequel where they play Age Of Mythology anyone??!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

4672514 This, so much. And if the author doesn't do it, I will.

awsome!! i just hope somepone wrote a fanfiction on mane 6 playing tiberian sun

... I found this by typing in a random game that I was sure would give no results... I now realise that literally EVERYTHING crosses over with FiM on this website.

5355686 technically it was blown up and....why did you reply to this comment it was 43 weeks ago >.>

:rainbowlaugh: This was awesome!

Added to faves. :pinkiehappy:

was that a cheat code ? what did she do to win?

6630080 yes yes it was. I use in solo mode all the time

Asmund noooo!

6630080
It summons a sports car with a machine gun.

Login or register to comment