• Published 12th Jan 2014
  • 3,200 Views, 53 Comments

Mirror Mirror: The Hogwarts Chronicles, Year 1/7 - MathewSwiftMLP



What if Princess Twilight never went to Canterlot High, but to a different kind of school?

  • ...
9
 53
 3,200

Chapter 1: The Gateway

Author's Note:

I do not own MLP and Harry Potter.

Mirror Mirror: The Hogwarts Chronicles

Year 1: The Philospher's Stone


Chapter 1: The Gateway

Princess Luna's moon was shining it's rays through the towers of the Crystal Palace, as it sparkled from the crystallized walls and doors. Its inhabitants were asleep as the guards were on high alert, searching for anything out of the ordinary. Unfortunately, they didn't notice the hooded mare in hiding.

She trotted not too fast, but not too slow, risking anypony to be hearing the clopping that followed. She approached the last door in the corridor, and opened it with a turquoise coloured aura from her unicorn horn. The door slid open silently, and there, sleeping with her wings folded and her eyes shut, was the new crowned princess, Twilight Sparkle, and on her bedside table was her crown a.k.a her Element of Harmony. She found her prize at last.

She silently approached the Element, attempted to raise it off the wooden plank, the lamp behind toppled and fell, but there was no crash. The mare's magic quickly caught the lamp, and she placed it back onto the table quietly, and placed the Element in her cloak and placed a similar, plastic crown it it's place. As she turned to leave, she tripped on a scaly piece of rope,... but it was a dragon's tail. The crash that followed woke the princess and the dragon. Twilight stirred and saw the figure... and the crown.

"MY CROWN!" she called. "She's got my crown!"

The mare bolted out of the chambers, and hurried through the corridor. It was a matter a time before the guards would arrive, because Twilight was making haste with the chase and shouting "AFTER HER! SHE'S STEALING MY CROWN!" Finding out what's going on, the rest of the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony looked and followed.

Twilight used her Alicorn magic to teleport in front of the thief and as she read her mind, the mare teleported, leaving her cloak flying at Twilight, temporarily blinding her. The mare then, teleported behind the blinded princess, wearing a saddlebag containing the crown. Twilight fought the robes off and threw them aside, with Rarity catching them. She raced to the mare and tackled her to an empty room, where there was only one thing, a large amethyst mirror. The crown flew out of the bags and ricocheted through the room, ending up in the mirror, which swallowed the crown with a swirl and a sparkle of light. Twilight and her friends gasped.

"What did you do to my crown?" Twilight stared at the mare, who was a gold unicorn, with a mane of sunset-yellow and scarlet mane, with a sunset cutie mark on her flank. She smiled nastily at the princess.

"Sorry it had to be this way..." She vanished, and reappeared to the front of the mirror. "...Princess." She jumped into the mirror and that was all they saw of the mysterious mare.

"Who was that?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, whoever it was," interjected Rarity, holding up the mare's robes. "she really needs a new colour, I mean, silver and green definitely do not mix!"

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes.

Twilight, however approached Rarity, staring at the robes. It was, indeed, a silver and forest-green robes and they look at least two-sizes too big for a regular unicorn. Then, she saw a crest, on it's helm. It was also silver and green and it contained a serpent, which the word said below.

"Slytherin."

"What is Slytherin?" asked Twilight. "Do any of you know?"

"Maybe it's the mare's name?" asked Applejack.

"Maybe it's the name of an organization?" suggested Rarity.

"Maybe it's a house in a school for magical, monkey-like people, and the house turns out to be the meanest house in the whole school, which it had a very, very bad monkey, who was a killer and a savage?" said Pinkie Pie.

"I'm... goin' with Pinkie on this." said Rainbow Dash.

"We better ask Princess Celestia." whispered Fluttershy.

"Good idea." Twilight nodded to the yellow Pegasus. "She might know."

"Cool!" Spike pointed out. "Maybe I might get gems for breakfast."


Princesses Celestia, Luna and Cadence were in the throne room when Twilight and her friends came bursting in, while Pinkie Pie came in last, hopping.

"Princess Celestia," Twilight gasped for breath. "Somepony - -"

"It's alright, Twilight, Luna told me." Celestia smiled. "I believe I also know who took your crown."

"You do?" Rainbow lit up. "Who?"

Celestia nodded and spoke into the throne room.

"Sunset Shimmer. A former student of mine." She said in a serious voice. "She began her studies with me not long before Twilight. When she didn't get what she wanted as quickly as she wanted, she became cruel and dishonest. I tried to help her, but she eventually decided to abandon her studies and pursue her own path, one that has sadly lead her to stealing your crown."

Spike fished out the phoney crown and held it to Celestia. "She replaced Twilight's with this one." Celestia leaned forward for a closer look.

"I suppose Sunset Shimmer thought that you wouldn't realize right away that this was not yours," She spoke again. "and by the time you did, it would be too late to go after your crown and your Element of Harmony." She trotted to the doors and Twilight followed.

"But I don't understand," she cried. "Where did she go? Where did she take my crown?"

"You'll soon know more about this place than even I do." was all that Celestia said.

What was that supposed to mean? thought Twilight. Am I going somewhere? Then, she lit up with another question.

"Princess, do you know what or who Slytherin is?"

"Hmmm..." The Princess of the Sun thought. "I don't know, but I think an old friend of mine does."

"An old friend?"

"Yes, Twilight. I may not know what Slytherin may be, but he may be able to help you on your journey."

"Where is he? In Canterlot?"

"He's where you'll be going." Now Twilight was more confused.


They were in the room with the strange mirror, with the amethyst casing, and which it swallowed Twilight's crown the previous evening. Princess Luna approached it.

"This is no ordinary mirror." Luna exclaimed. "This is a gateway to another world. A gateway that opens once every thirty moons."

Pinkie was on the positive side and touched the gooey glass. "Sparkly!" Luna whisked her away with her magic.

"It has always been kept in the throne room of Canterlot Castle, but when Princess Cadence took charge of the Crystal Empire, we sent it here for her to watch over."

Celestia trotted forward. "I was hoping that Sunset Shimmer would use it to return, coming back to Equestria, seeking my guidance, but obviously, this is not was has happened."

Princess Cadence then, turned to Twilight. "Twilight, you must use this mirror to go to this other world and retrieve your crown. Without it, the other Elements of Harmony are left with no power and Equestria will left without one of its means of defence."

"Your crown doesn't belong it the one place Sunset Shimmer now calls home. There will be no doubt that your Element of Harmony would be used against the inhabitants of this other realm. They will not have the power to defend themselves."

Twilight's saddlebag then settled on her back, from Celestia's magic. "You know the importance of your task?"

"Twilight nodded and said "Yes."

"Then you must go at once." Twilight began to trot to the mirror, but suddenly, Rainbow Dash was blocking ahead.

"WOAH, woah!" she cried and huffed. Then, her friends came to her side. "If she's goin', we're goin' with her, right, girls?"

"OOOOOOOH!" Pinkie Pie shrieked. "I'm so nervous-ited!!!!"

"You do realize that's not a real word, right?" asked Applejack to Pinkie. Twilight beamed but...

"I'm afraid I can't let you all go." Princess Celestia interjected.

"WHAT?!" Rainbow shouted. "Why not?!"

"Sending all of you could upset the balance of this alternate world, making havoc that will make it impossible for Twilight to get the crown back from Sunset Shimmer. This is something Princess Twilight must do alone."

Luna approached Twilight and spoke again.

"Time is of the essence, but as an added measure, me and my sister will cast a time spell, which will slow down the time in this alternate world as you enter the mirror, making it longer for you to find your crown. You will have ten months in this world, but that equals to three days in Equestria, to find your crown."

"On the 21st day of June, when the moon reaches it's peak in the night sky, the gateway will close, and once it does, it will be another thirty moons before you are able to use it to return."

Twilight then, approached the mirror, stared at her reflection, and walked into the glass. Spike, scared and shocked, ran inside the mirror as well, without Twilight knowing.


The trip was fast and weird, and it was over. She fell on something soft, and cushiony. She opened her eyes to see that it was a bed that she landed on. She looked around the room and saw a fancy mirror on the dresser, and the window viewed building and a massive clock tower, which rung at eight. She turned and saw a suitcase, with her cutie mark star across the top, with the letters "TS" in the middle of it.

KNOCK KNOCK!

Twilight flinched at the knock, and she quickly glared at the door. At once, the door opened and there was a creature, with yellow skin, a red scruffy patch of hair, and he was wearing a red and white striped apron, which was covered in gold liquid and muck. He had a locked-jaw with a buck-toothed grin,, holding a tray of biscuits and tea and smiled at Twilight.

"Good morning, Miss Twilight Sparkle. How was yer first ev'nin' at the Leaky Cauldron?"

Twilight tried to stand and greet, but she fell over instantly. She saved her fall by holding out her hands...HANDS?!?! She stared at them and like any pony would've done, she screamed.

"What's wrong, miss?" asked the man, with the apron and tray. "It's like you've nev'r seen a wizard before."