• Published 22nd Dec 2013
  • 2,516 Views, 31 Comments

Friendship is Shining: Twiley's Return - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof

  • ...
0
 31
 2,516

Back to Canterlot

"Express train to Canterlot, now boarding on track one."

"There's only one track," Spike said as he stood on the station platform, watching ponies begin to board.

"Well that's us," Shining Armor's father said.

"Are you sure that you want to stay, Twilight?" her mother asked, looking down at her.

"Now, Velvet," the father said, "this was our idea for her to stay with Shining."

"I know," she responded, "but now we're actually talking about leaving our little girl here. I'm not sure I can. We haven't actually decided what to do yet. We could come back next weekend. Or stay in Canterlot for the summer so you can come back if you change your mind. Or you could come back with us, just until you get settled in here."

"That doesn't make sense."

"I'm having separation anxiety!" the mother yelled. "It doesn't have to make sense." She turned and looked back at her daughter again. "I knew this was coming, but now that it's actually here..."

"Mom," Shining Armor said gently, "she'll be fine. We'll be fine."

The mare let out a sigh. Her horn glowed with magic, grabbing Shining Armor, Twilight Sparkle, and Spike. She pulled the three of them in close, wrapping her front legs around them and giving them a hug.

"My children," she said with a sniff, "growing up so fast." She wiped at her cheek.

Shining Armor shifted and moved to hug the other three back. Shortly, Twilight Sparkle and Spike both did the same thing. Not wanting to be left out, their father moved to join in the group hug.

"It's not like we'll never see you again," Shining said. "You can come visit any time, and we could come to Canterlot after you get back."

"You're right." The mother let them go and took a deep breath before turning to Twilight Sparkle. "We still have to figure out what we are going to do, so you have time to change your mind. If not, write to us in a week."

"Okay," Twilight said with a nod.

"Promise you'll take care of them," she said to Spike.

"You can count on me," the young dragon replied with a nod.

"All aboard!" a voice called out.

"Come on," the father stated. "We need to get on."

The older mare gave a nod, then moved to her children again. She gave each one of them a kiss on the forehead. With that done, she turned and started walking toward the train.

"It probably doesn't need to be said," the father said, "but some things are nice to be heard. We are proud of you." He gave his son a pat on the shoulder, then ran to the train to catch up with his wife.

The three stood on the platform and watched. When they saw their parents out one of the train's windows, they all began to wave. Each stayed where they were, watching the train as it began to move and pull out of the station. Slowly, the waving subsided as the train grew further and further away.

"Are they going to be okay?" Twilight asked as the train grew smaller.

"They'll be fine," Shining answered. "Although judging from mom's reaction, we might actually end up with a little brother or sister next year."

"Really?" The young filly perked up as she looked at her brother. "I'm going to be the best big sister ever. I wonder if there are any books I should study." In one moment, the filly was up and running as fast as she could back toward Ponyville.

"Are you sure this was a good idea?" Spike asked as they watched the young unicorn run off.

"Probably not," Shining answered, "but I'm sure it will be entertaining. Come on. Let's go before she clears half the shelves."

Comments ( 5 )

Another cute chapter. :)

Though I think it might flow better if you used "Twilight Velvet" and "Night Light" as the parents names instead of saying 'The Mother" or "The Father."

3692265
Yes, it probably would. I had intended to have the names put in after the first chapter. For some reason just never felt like the right moment. By the end, it had been too long to toss names in.

It's okay Twilight Velvet, it's always hard to admit your kids are growing up. But it's a part of life, and it's something every parent has to accept at some point. You'll still see them, and you'll still have the memories. :eeyup:

"Are you sure this was a good idea?" Spike asked as they watched the young unicorn run off.

"Probably not," Shining answered, "but I'm sure it will be entertaining. Come on. Let's go before she clears half the shelves."

Having second thoughts now are we? Well it's too late to say "never mind". Shining Armor you have no idea what kind of horror you've just unleashed. :rainbowlaugh:/:twilightoops:/:pinkiecrazy:

Nice way to bring Twilght to Ponyville also for her to have a crush. Best of luck with the series.

"That doesn't make sense."

Make sense, oh what fun is there in making sense? We really need a Discord emote.

Login or register to comment