• Published 10th Mar 2014
  • 514 Views, 0 Comments

Nightmare - TheOtherSideOfFluttershy



For Luna, there was no punishment. There was no jealousy. There was no Nightmare Moon. But inside the forest lies dangers. And a portal.

  • ...
 0
 514

001

Journal-
"Promise me one thing, Luna."
"What do you want, Mom?"
"Look under my bed after I die. Under there is a journal that shall open to your magic only. Write in it, will you?"
Was it fair that her last words were spoken to me?
Luna

Journal-
Two thousand years ago, my mother became sick. Two thousand and a half years later, she died.

I don't remember much about my past. I am fifteen thousand years old, and my sister seventeen. So much has happened since then. Our manes have gone from pale colors to manes flowing with magic. It's sometimes hard to believe that my sister used to have short, pink mane. She doesn't even seem like a pink pony. My mane used to be light blue, and didn't go pass my mouth. It is just another factor that has changed. What I do remember are merely just glances at what it used to be my fillyhood. There are reasons you should be glad for older sisters. They can remember more for you.

I do remember about my mother, and Celestia told me about my father. They were the sun and the moon, like I am night and sister is day. Mother was the moon, her pale gray eyes and midnight mane that was like the stars themselves. She always said that for every light, there is a shadow. The shadow is there to keep balance. Too much light, and there would be no time to rest. Too much darkness, and the world would become too cold and corrupt. Of course, shadows aren't all corrupt. They are just tempted more, and have to resist more to this evil. I was always my mother's daughter. She was calm, quiet, and loved to relaxed with some tea. I would join her, when I wasn't busy playing with my friends. Mother's chamber was always dark and relaxing. She kept a small fire burning for light. Mother had a reading area, an area with soft pillows and a scented candle. This area was in the corner, the corner with the moon painted on it. Whenever I came to visit her, Mother would read me a story. She would read nursery rhymes, small books, adventures, and much more. Sometimes, she would tell about the first unicorn, the first pony with magic. More often, she would tell about the pegasus, the ponies with flight. Most often, she told about the earth ponies, the ponies of land Mother said that I was a mixture of all three ponies. I never could tell what Mother was, but I do recall her telling me she was not an "alicorn", but rather a more magical pony. I still don't know what she could have been, mainly because I was told not to ponder about it for too long. Those were my mother's words.

Celestia said that, like my mother being the moon, my father was being the sun. He had golden eyes and a bright sun mane (It was hard to tell his mane color because it was so bright and hurt your eyes). He did not like to be asleep for long, and was out at the crack of dawn to the sun's last rays. His voice was loud and joyful. He bore a big smile and had a laugh that whole the building. He was not my quiet, delicate mom, that's for sure. Dad, as he insisted on being called, was all about teasing and meeting ponies. He was the one in the meetings, he was the one going to noble dinners. He was the one in charge of the festivals. You name a social gathering, he was there, making his appearance with his trademark voice and booming laugh. Dad loved his children, just like Mother, and would always go the distance for his happiness. I remember him hosting a night birthday party for just our family on one of Mother's birthdays. For Celestia, she always ended up with big fluffy unicorns and pony friends galore. Not to mention the giant pink cake! Except for one year when I hid in it. Long story. Celestia would be crowned the party princess in charge of all the activities. Even back then she was organised. As for me, Dad would make the parties nice and delicate. We would invite my closest friends, Chrysalis, Discord, and Sombra, and hold a nice little dinner party. We would discuss matters at hand. It was very adult-like. It suited me just fine, for Celestia's bashes were far too exciting and crowded for my taste. Dad was the greatest dad I could ask for.

Of course, their time came and they reunited with the Sun and the Moon. Sometimes, I look at the moon. And it is then that I hear my mother whisper to me, whisper about peace and calmness. It is then that I know she is in me.

I wonder if Dad talks to Celestia?
Luna

Journal-
I asked Celestia if she had a diary, like mine. She told me that Dad didn't have a diary for her, and that a diary was my own unique thing. Then she told me to go away 'cause she was working. She does that often. Sometimes, I like to test my boundaries. It is those times that I am thankful for such a large castle to hide in.
Luna

Journal-
Chrysalis is here for the week. I told her about the diary. She said that she tried to keep a diary once. It proved a lot harder than you think. Then she tested the whole "open to my magic only" thing. Turns out, Mother was correct. Not that I doubted her. Chrysalis was impressed. She asked me if I could find a spell like that to keep her little sister out of her diary. Whenever she does write in it, that is. I told her I would look in the Star Spell Tower for it. Sometime.
Luna

Author's Note:

I am going to do my best to get each diary entry set to be over 1,000 words. I am writing WITHOUT EDITING so please look for mistakes. I will edit this later, if I remember to.

This story came from one of my old story ideas. Let's see how it goes!

I am also young, so my writing will not be perfect or long. Don't ask how young, cause that is my beeswax. :)

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment