• Published 28th Nov 2014
  • 1,210 Views, 29 Comments

Forbidden love - RustyKat



A royal guard, and his love struggle to stay together, after a big event separates them.

  • ...
12
 29
 1,210

Lavastone

"Listen...." Began Gem, as she stretched a bit. "I appreciate your kindness and all, but I can't stay cooped up here. I have places to be, and dragons to slay."
"Oh, but you mustn't leave..." His own words surprised him.
Gemstone gave a small amused chuckle. "Shouldn't leave? Art though getting a bit... attached?"

"N no.. " Began StormFlash quickly, "I...I just enjoyed your company." That was a close call..

"I bet." she replied amused. "To thank thee, would thou like to see Lavastone?"

Storm Flash's eyes widened. "I would love to."

"Then come with me." Gem spread out her entire wingspan, and took to the air. "Keep up if you can!"
Storm took to the air right after her.

For a long while, it was only the soft sound of the wings beating the air, in the awkward silence.
Finally, Gem broke the silence.

"Look down, and tell me what you see..."
StormFlash did, and his eyes widened. The landscape was much different, so unfamiliar and segregated. He could see the magma flowing softly from a nearby volcano... the quite old town he had only heard of in legends. Pegasi sat in silver armor, a lot alike his but much different in style. Scattered houses were here and there, and Storm understood after a while how hard it must to be separate from everyone else. He caught a small group of Giffons and pegasi fighting off a huge red dragon, intent on getting his talons on some of the embers from the Volcano.

"Back fowl beast! Thoust embers are ours!!" Shouted a brown figure with a black mane, as he narrowly dodged a swipe from the beast's claws.

"Feras! Attack from behind." Commanded a griffon as he landed a nasty swipe of his claws across the scaly skin.


StormFlash finally caught the figure's face. It was a Pegasus.... but again, not exactly. The square-ish muzzle and the paws.... the longer fur... He realized this was a Lycan, half pony, half wolf.

There was a roar of anger as the team fended off the dragon, and the dragon decided this was too much effort, as it took to the air, and fled.

"It is done." Feras simply stated.

"Nice work." Said Gemstone as she landed. "Perhaps one day, Sunstone might actually let you live in her city."

"Gemstone!" Said the other Griffon in shock. "You're alive!? Thank heavens... we thought we'd have to replace our commander."

"Who did you bring with you?" Feras asked with his odd wolf accent.

"This is StormFlash, of Ponyville."

"Ponyville?" Feras and the griffon said both at the same time in a confused tone.

"The southern Kingdom." Replied Gemstone casually.

"Ohhhh..." Said Feras with understanding. "That place with the unicorn Pegasus roaming around."

"Still..... I've never seen a stallion quite like him." Said the griffon intrigued. "He might actually fit in here."