• Published 28th Nov 2014
  • 1,210 Views, 29 Comments

Forbidden love - RustyKat



A royal guard, and his love struggle to stay together, after a big event separates them.

  • ...
12
 29
 1,210

The awakening

Stormflash was glad when he reached his house in Cloudsdale. His wings were tired from the extra weight they carried. He closed the door behind him as he walked in, and put the injured griffon on a red couch in the living room. The carpet was soft to his tired hooves, and he sat down to remove his armor. Afterwards, he put it away carefully, and sat down to take a closer look at his griffon guest.

"Gee, you took one hard hit, huh?" He said out loud as he carefully began to take off the twisted damaged armor of hers. He couldn't help but flinch as he took the last bit off. Three deep claw marks ran through the feathers on her chest, like a huge beast had gotten her good. But what beast's claws go through armor this thick!? He imagined the incident, and shuddered. But there was a soft almost inaudible groan as the griffon began to slowly come back to consciousness. The yellow eyes opened a little, as her sluggish mind worked to clear itself in a haze of pain and fog. Oh good... she's alive... but badly hurt. He quickly worked with the bandages to wrap her wounds, wondering what he would say when she fully woke up. She stirred a bit, and faintly twitched her tail.
"W...Where...where am I..." The voice was barely louder than a whisper and a bit weak.

"Shh... You're safe now." Said Stormflash casually as he sat next to her. The flame-yellow eyes caught the faint image of Stormflash, as her vision slowly came into focus, becoming sharper with time.

"Y...you... You're a pony...." she said in a note of shock. She tried not to wince as the faint sensations of pain caught up with her.
"And you're a griffon." StormFlash said sarcastically. You had one nasty fall. You'd be lucky I was there...." His mind paused as he went back over her figure again with his eyes to make sure he hadn't missed a wound. Hmm... Let's see.... And those socks as well. His own thoughts surprised him. Wait... no. I'm not going there. He flattened his ears.

"Gee, like what you see?" She replied sarcastically, and watched amused as StormFlash flinched in surprise. Um... change the subject....
"So... how do you feel? I'm StormFlash of the Royal guard."
Gee, rescued by a guard of the opposite species. I must be the most unlucky griffon on the planet.
"I'm Gemstone, Griffon guard of Griftonia. Home of the Griffon race." She winced as the pain hit her full force.

"I'm sorry... I'll get you a painkiller." StormFlash went out of the room to get his new guest a painkiller, and his mind once worked over the questions it had.Grifftonia! I've only heard of this place in fairytales...... He came back with the painkiller and a glass of water.
"Here you go Miss Gemstone. I am sorry to see someone in such a state. Are you able to drink your beak is awfully cracked...."
Gemstone was silent for some time, as she took the painkiller. "I'm sorry, but do I look like someone who cares? I thank you for your charity, but I must be off." As she rose to get to her paws and claws, she cringed as a dim line of pain lanced through her.
"I'm afraid not Gemstone. You're too hurt to travel, let alone fight."