• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 3,752 Views, 189 Comments

Lady Octavia - Cyber Clash



Octavia finds herself a new servant.

  • ...
9
 189
 3,752

The Beginning of a Comeback

Vinyl looked at the enormous box next to the left staircase. She ran her hoof down the cardboard, thinking Yeah, I’m pretty sure this isn’t a violin. I wonder why she doesn’t want me to open it…

“Vinyl, I told you to quit looking at the delivery package. Come here and eat,” Octavia called from the dining table.

The servant trotted over to the dining room and sat down to finish her food. “Why won’t you just tell me what’s in the box already? I promise I won’t judge if it’s anything…lewd.”

The grey-coated mistress got up from her seat, walked over to Vinyl, and whacked her in the back of the head.

Ow! Why’d you do that?”

Octavia walked back to her seat, “That was because you imagined I would do such a thing.”

“Hey, it’s not like I’d judge you.” They were both quiet for a second until Vinyl spoke again. “I’ve got it! Until I see what’s inside the package, I’m going to assume it’s some really strange pleasure machine. Since you don’t want me judging you, you’ll be pressured into letting me open the box!”

“Oh Luna. I really hate you sometimes,” the earth pony rubbed her temple. “Fine. You may open the box once we’re finished eating.”

Vinyl squealed before scarfing down the rest of her daffodil salad.

I hope she realises I said, “when we finish eating.” Not just her, Octavia thought to herself, purposefully eating her own salad at a very slow pace.

After the dishes were washed and the dining table was clean, Vinyl and Octavia went into the entrance hall where the box stood, tempting Vinyl, begging her to rip it open and observe its contents. Vinyl looked back at her mistress, who nodded at her with a smile, telling her to open it.

The unicorn sighed anxiously and ran her hoof through her royal blue and cyan locks. The tension was making her heart pound and her stomach flutter. She looked back at Octavia again, “Wait, are you sure I can open it?”

The grey mare rolled her eyes, “Seriously, Vinyl? You’ve been bothering me about that damn package for two days now, begging to know what’s inside, and now you’re not sure if you want to?”

“What? It’s just that now there’s all this anticipation and it’s getting to me. Why don’t you open it? It’s your package anyway,” Vinyl countered.

The grey mare smirked slightly, “It isn’t for me actually,” she admitted. “It’s for you. The delivery just came at a bad time and I wanted you to be as excited as possible, but I suppose that now this can make up for your sunglasses.”

The servant shot the aristocrat a questioning look, then turned to the box once more. “Aw, you got me a present. You’re so sweet, Tavi,” she grinned. The unicorn used her horn to cut through the tape and then lifted the flaps with her magic. She pulled out the turntables, effects rack, and laptop from the box and stood silent with her mouth ajar.

“…Well?” Octavia asked as she walked closer to Vinyl.

The white-coated mare began to stutter and then covered her mouth with a hoof. Tears welled up in her eyes and she smiled. “Oc…Octavia…Oh dear Celestia! This is amazing!” She beamed. “I can’t believe this! This is so nice of you to do for me! It’s—I can’t—just come here, damn it!”

Vinyl grabbed Octavia by her withers and pulled her into a quick kiss of gratitude, aiming straight for her lips. When they pulled apart, the cellist looked at the unicorn with a dumbfounded expression.

The servant noticed the blood rising to the mistress’s cheeks. She would have paid no mind, but Vinyl saw something besides shock in those violet eyes. Unable to recognise the emotion, the mare sheepishly whispered, “Sorry. I got a little carried away there…” She turned back toward the machines, “Wow…I just can’t believe you did this…for me.”

A million thoughts were running through Octavia’s head. Was that real? Did she really just kiss me? No, but it’s like she said; she just got a little excited. Yes, that’s all. “Well then, do you like it?” She asked.

“Pshaw! I don’t just like it. I love it!” The servant exclaimed, pulling the other mare into a tight hug this time. “I wish I could return the favour somehow.”

“Oh Vinyl, your gratitude is enough for me,” Octavia responded before thinking a little further. “Hmm...but maybe you could take me out to eat dinner tonight?”

“Whoa, hold on,” Vinyl started with a tone of concern, “Tonight? Octy, don’t you think it’s a bit soon? Like, I’d love to take you out somewhere, but not if it could make you uncomfortable.”

“I know you’re concerned, but I do believe I’ll be fine,” Octavia assured. “I understand that it’s a bit sudden, but right now, I really don’t know what’s happening to my life. I want to enjoy it before something worse happens.”

The DJ started thinking about the idea. It would be nice to take her out somewhere, but her mother just passed. I really don’t—Before the unicorn could finish her thought, the doorbell rang. “Just give me a second.” She trotted towards the door with a scowl forming on her face, “It better not be another journalist!” she grumbled.

Vinyl threw the door open, her face softening at the sight of the twins. “Hey, Scratch,” Melody greeted with a soft smile.

“Fine Bit wanted us to return these to you,” Harmony said, holding out Vinyl’s shades.

“Holy shit! You got them back!” the unicorn snatched the eyepieces and placed them atop her snout. “…Wait. Fine Bit told you to return them?”

“Well, his servant did, actually,” Melody corrected. “Anyway, could we come inside? We need to talk to Octavia urgently.”

“Oh? Okay then,” Vinyl stepped aside and let the visitors in. Closing the door behind them, she called out, “Tavi, the twins are here!”

Octavia cantered over to the entrance and greeted Melody and Harmony with hugs and kisses. “It’s so good to see you two.”

“It’s nice to see you as well, my friend,” Harmony nodded, “But we need to tell you something important.”

“Can it not wait until tomorrow? I wanted to have a relaxing dinner with Vinyl and I would rather not have any more troubling thoughts tonight than I already do,” the grey mare pleaded, rubbing her temple with a hoof.

“Dinner? So you finally told Scratch?” Melody beamed.

The unicorn tilted her head in confusion, “Told me what?” She glanced at Octavia in search of an answer, which she found in the cellist’s reddening cheeks. I would’ve never guessed.

“N-no, I haven’t told her. We’re just going as friends,” Octavia responded in a whisper.

Harmony sighed, “Okay, listen. We came here to tell you something important that will change your life and you need to hear it.”

The cellist sighed as well, “Fine. What is it?”

“Alright. Melody and I were being interviewed about you and your mother’s death. One of the journalists, who was named Quill Spill, asked if we had attended the funeral,” Harmony began.

Melody continued, “Obviously, we had no idea what he was talking about. So we told the dude that the funeral hadn’t been held yet, and he just gave us a confused look. So we cut the interview short and asked Quill Spill what he was talking about.”

Harmony picked up again, “We paid him to tell us everything. He said that he wasn’t able to attend the funeral so he wanted to ask us about it because he had heard that you weren’t there. He also asked us if you were okay because he also heard that you hadn’t responded to any letters in a while.”

“So then we figured that we should ask your Aunt Pearl about it. She just told us to quit meddling with family affairs, and now we’re here, reporting to you.” Melody finished.

“Hold on,” Octavia began to process, “Did she…hold a funeral without telling me? But…why would she do that?”

An idea popped into Vinyl’s head just then, “Wait a second,” she went over to the coffee table, where a few letters were still remaining. She came back with a few of them in her magical grasp, “I just remembered something. Look at the dates on these letters, Tavi.”

The letters were sprawled out on the floor. Melody looked at one of them, “Hey, this is from a week ago. When did you get these?”

“The day after Aunt Pearl Posh told me my mother had passed,” the cellist answered, her confusion forming into anger.

“Derpy did say something about the letters being late.” Vinyl thought a bit further, “Oh! And the delivery stallion said something about the delivery time being changed. Shit, I knew something was off! Octy was asked about the funeral too when we were having lunch with Fine Bit!”

“Is that why Light Eye had your shades?” Harmony asked. Receiving a nod from the unicorn, she turned to Octavia, “Then, why were you two dining with Fine Bit?”

Octavia frowned, “My aunt Pearl Posh paid him to take me out somewhere, according to him. I’m still not sure why, though…”

“We need to figure out what they’re up to. They could be ruining your life,” Melody mused aloud, “Have you talked to your father recently, Octavia?”

“No, I haven’t. He sent me a letter, but it came late along with the rest of the mail. He…intended on telling me about my mother.”

“That’s good,” Melody nodded. “Maybe that means he isn’t part of this whole thing… That said, why hasn’t he stood up for you?”

“Well, it’s not as if he ever has…” Octavia grumbled curmudgeonly.

Vinyl sighed, “Tavi, you shouldn’t—“

“No!” Octavia yelled. “Stop telling me what I can and cannot say! You don’t know what my parents are really like!”

“Will you stop degrading your parents like that?” the servant yelled back. “From what I’ve seen, they’ve done nothing but love and accept you! You’ve been the one pushing away all this time! So what if your dad isn’t saying anything right now? Hasn’t it occurred to you that maybe he needs some time to—“

Once again, the unicorn was interrupted. “Vinyl, this isn’t the time,” Harmony stated in a stern tone, covering the mare’s mouth. “Octavia is the one who’s facing all of her family issues. She knows far more about them than what she’s led on. Even after all the time that Melody and I have known her, there are some things we don’t know either. And believe me, we’ve seen how complicated her parents are.”

Vinyl looked at her mistress, who was glaring at the floor. The unicorn removed her shades from her eyes as well as Harmony’s hoof from her mouth, “I’m sorry, Tavi. You need all the support you can get right now, and pissing you off isn’t going to help in any way.”

Octavia faced the unicorn, “I would like to apologise as well. I didn’t mean to lose my temper and yell at you.” She sighed. “I understand if you don’t believe that my parents are a bit unsavoury. My mother’s ill state had brought us closer together a little, but now her death is tearing us apart again.”

“Yeah, and this whole situation seems really fucked up, too,” Melody commented bluntly. “I don’t know what Posh is planning, but you better be careful, Tavia.”

“Yes, indeed,” Harmony agreed. “I propose that you talk to your father, while Melody and I figure out what’s happening. It’s safer that way.”

The cellist turned to the unicorn with a disappointed look, “I suppose that night out will have to wait a while…”

“Nonsense!” Vinyl grinned, putting her shades back on, “I’ll tell you what: We’ll see your dad tomorrow, and if you still feel like it, we can go to a fancy restaurant.”

Octavia simpered back, a blush reappearing on her face.

“Well, would you look at the time?” Melody asked comically. “Harmony, I think we should get back to doing the thing we had to do today.” She winked at her sister.

“…What thing?” Harmony asked, oblivious to her twin’s intentions.

Melody face-hoofed. “C’mon, sis! Two’s company, four’s a crowd! Let’s skedaddle and leave the two lovebirds alone.”

“Oh!” Harmony giggled.

The grey mare snapped out of her trance, “H-hey! I told you two that Vinyl and I are not dating!”

Harmony’s chuckling settled down. “Octavia, we already know you’re a lesbian. You’re being more obvious than a gay pride flag.”

Octavia grunted, her face completely flushed from embarrassment. “Oh, shut your mouth and get out of here already!”

Melody smiled, “Calm down, we’re just playing. It’s all good.” The twins made their way towards the door. ”But for real, be careful. And Vinyl, you look after her.” She waved, “Bye!”

Octavia waited until her servant closed the door behind the two guests, “Goodness, those two can be a pain! I don’t even know how I put up with them sometimes.”

“That’s the magic of friendship for ya,” Vinyl responded.

The cellist chuckled awkwardly and changed topics, “Well…you have your shades again,” she stated, touching the tip of the unicorn’s snout. “And you have the technology to make your music. So how about you give me a private concert of sorts? You could show off these skills of yours.”

Vinyl could tell by the earth pony’s innocent smile that she had no sexual intentions, but their proximity alone was making her flush. “Uh…y-yeah, okay. I’ve already got a melody in mind, so give me an hour or so and I’ll have something ready.”

“I can hardly wait!” Octavia grinned.

---------------------------------------------------

Two hours later, Vinyl had set up her turntables in the music room and began working on a song. She decided to make a progressive song, something soft for Octavia. The DJ was working on the track when she heard the door open.

The cellist entered the room with a tray of teacups in her mouth. She set them down on an end table and brought one over to the DJ before taking one for herself. “How is the song coming along?”

“Not to brag, but considering that I haven’t touched one of these in months, I think it’s going pretty well,” she responded before taking a sip of her drink.

“I’m glad you are enjoying your gift.”

“’Enjoying it’ doesn’t even begin to describe my love for this beauty,” she said, planting a quick peck on her laptop.

Octavia smiled, “That’s wonderful. I can’t wait to hear what you’ve made.”

“Well, it’s not finished yet, but how about I play it right now?” Vinyl offered. “I want to test the speakers out anyway.”

The cellist set her cup down beside her cushion. “Erm…Yes, that sounds like a lovely idea.”

The DJ nodded, “Get ready.” She attached a speaker to the laptop and played the track. The pony played around with the volume of the speakers until she felt it would be soft enough for Octavia. Satisfied, Vinyl sat down on a cushion next to her mistress. A minute into the song, the unicorn asked, “So…what do you think so far?”

Octavia thought for a moment, “Well, it isn’t something I would listen to every day, but it is enjoyable.”

“Glad to hear it,” Vinyl grinned. They both drank their tea and listened quietly for a while before the servant spoke again, “I’m sorry about earlier today for…kissing you like that.”

The grey cellist skittishly fiddled with her bow-tie, “D-don’t worry about it. You were simply caught up in the moment is all, yes?”

“Well yeah, but it isn’t that I regret kissing you…I’m just apologising for making it such a shitty first kiss for us,” the DJ laughed softly.

The cellist turned to face the unicorn, her cheeks sanguine from what she had just heard. She took off the other mare’s shades, revealing her red irises. “I’m assuming you’ve caught on to my feelings for you?”

The DJ nodded once, “Yep. And about the kiss, let me make it up to you.”

And with that, Vinyl Scratch closed the space between their lips. She kissed softly but with noticeable fervour, caressing Octavia’s bottom lip. In turn, the cellist wrapped her hooves around the other mare’s hips. Eventually, they were so caught up in each other that the music became simple background noise.

After a moment of gentle lip play, Octavia leaned a bit more into the kiss a bit more and licked her servant’s lips. Vinyl was surprised at Octavia, but parted her lips nevertheless. Immediately, the cellist snaked her tongue in, letting it dance around Vinyl’s, causing the DJ to moan quietly. The two continued their fervent kissing, sliding past each other’s tongues and letting out small sighs of pleasure.

Octavia was the first one to pull apart. She gasped for air and opened her eyes, noticing a small strand of saliva still connecting her lips to Vinyl’s. She swatted it away before Vinyl could see, “That was…”

The unicorn opened her eyes. “…Amazing,” she panted. Vinyl was about to speak on when she heard a series of bland notes from the speakers. “Shit. That’s the part I didn’t finish.”

The cellist giggled as she watched the DJ get off of her and pause the music. “I must say, it was quite enjoyable after a little while.”

“What?” the unicorn asked with a smug grin, “The song or the kiss?”

“Both were magnificent, but I was referring to your song. What will you call it?” Octavia inquired.

Vinyl furrowed her brow in a pensive look, “Hmm…I don’t have any ideas yet.” She winked and spoke in a sultry tone, “Maybe I need a bit more inspiration from my muse?”

The aristocrat walked over to the unicorn and gave her a peck on the cheek, “Don’t get suggestive just yet. We haven’t even gone on a proper date!”

The DJ sighed, “Fine, but being serious about all this, where are we going to go with it? Are we even going to date? I mean, with all that’s going on…” she trailed off.

Octavia looked downcast, “Right now is an inconvenient time, obviously… And even if this whole situation dies down, we would have to keep our relationship a secret and I would eventually marry Fine Bit. After that, we wouldn’t be able to court any longer… Maybe we shouldn’t do this at all.”

“Octavia, look at me.” The cellist raised her head slightly and locked eyes with the servant. “I promise to get you out of that shitty arranged marriage. You’re not going to marry that arrogant prick.”

The cellist shook her head slowly, “Vinyl, you and I both know you can’t do anything about it. Not even Princess Cadence could get me out of it if she tried…”

“Maybe…but you can. Just say no to Fine Bit. Stand up for yourself.”

“Don’t you think I would do that if I could?” Octavia retorted softly. “If I say no, Aunt Pearl Posh will ruin my career.”

“Okay, so…what if you said yes and then divorced Bit right after?”

The grey mare shook her head again, “That wouldn’t work either. You see, the reason I am marrying Fine Bit is so that Aunt Pearl can take control of his family’s company. And she will only have control as long as the two of us are married.”

“Aw fuck that!” Vinyl yelled. “Can’t she just buy the damn company?”

“She could, but she also wants me to marry a successful stallion to keep the family going,” Octavia responded.

The DJ sighed angrily, “Can’t they just get one of your cousins to do that!?”

Once more, Octavia shook her head, “She wants all of us to start families of our own… I don’t even want to have foals, but I suppose that is my fate.”

“No!” Vinyl enveloped her mistress in an aggressive hug, “I can’t stand the thought of you marrying that bastard! I promise I will do whatever it takes to get you out of it.”

Octavia pulled away from the embrace to face her servant, “I already told you it’s no use. Do not make promises you cannot keep.”

The servant’s scarlet eyes were filled with a spark of determination, “I may be a shitty butler, but I know that part of my job is to help you live a good life. If this arranged marriage is going to ruin your happiness, I will get rid of it one way or another.”

“…Thank you, Vinyl,” Octavia smiled. “That means a lot to me.” She knew it was hopeless, but she found no reason to further upset the unicorn.

Vinyl smirked back, “Anything for you. And now there’s another serious thing we need to talk about.”

“What would that be?”

Vinyl gave her a stern look, “Are we sleeping in my bed or yours tonight?"

Author's Note:

THEY DID NOT HAVE SEX! OKAY!? THEY ARE JUST SLEEPING IN THE SAME BED! I'm sorry! I'll make it up to you...not in this story, though. (wink wink nudge nudge.) ;3 Or you could just pretend that they had sex if you want. Whatever.

But yay! After so long, I was able to do this thing! I had some jet lag to deal with, then some silly relationship rumours (which took ages to clear up!) and then more traffic because school has started here in the U.S. I should be able to update faster again, so if I don't, slap me.

I've been re-watching Sherlock, so that was the inspiration for this chapter, despite it not having many complicated details and aspects.