• Published 19th Dec 2013
  • 12,327 Views, 206 Comments

Celestias Protégé - Dradavar



Twilight Sparkle, a well known unicorn in all of Equestria. That's what they all thought. Until one day, the day that was supposed to be the luckiest day of Shining Armor's life, everything changed.

  • ...
60
 206
 12,327

When love turns into hate [Edited]

Celestias Protégé

By

Dradavar

--- My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic © Hasbro ---

--- I do not own the intellectual properties this fan-fiction is based on ---

Chapter 1: When love turns into hate


Twilight had everything.

A beautiful life, friends who cared for her whom she could always count on, a loving mentor and the best family there ever was.

She had everything.

Why did it have to end this way?

She always tried to tell them. She'd had so many chances. She should have done it so many years ago, at least to soften the psychological blow that this would cause. The letter she needed for that, the invitation to a dinner with her parents, her brother, and Celestia, would explain everything: what had happened, how it had happened, and why she had done it.

She was scared every time. Every time she thought about telling the truth, at least to those who would need to know it.

She should have had the courage to tell it.

Now everything was over; everything was lost.

She could hear Chrysalis's painful screams drown her own as the wave of pure love hit her, smashing her into the cold marble wall. The wave was burning hot, burning away her fake skin, the skin of the one pony that protected her from being hated— protected her from starving in an alley.

Twilight Sparkle burned.

All that was left was Amethyst Sheen.

The wave was pressing her against the marble, and the onslaught went on for a few seconds.

And then it ended.

Falling off the wall, she gasped for air. Her eyes were drooping. The burning sensation was still there, still burning away the last few patches of coat on her chitin.

With a groan, she tried to stand up, to bring her hooves under her body. Her mind was screaming, telling her to get up and run away as fast as she could, to not get caught.

She never had a chance.

A pair of orange hooves filled her vision. She looked up, looking into the eyes of her friend, the most honest pony there was. Her expression showed anger and disgust.

"Applejack," she groaned, her voice weak and raspy from screaming.

"Guys," Applejack called out, looking over her shoulder, "there’s one left!" She stated it coldly, her eyes showing none of their former friendly warmth.

A gasp escaped Rarity's mouth. She even recoiled a step as she noticed the changeling on the floor. Fluttershy was hiding behind Rainbow Dash, her face behind her mane. Rainbow, on the other side, just looked down on the changeling, ready to smash it to pieces if it did more than twitch.

Pinkie was happily bouncing as she looked down on Twilight, a big smile on her face.

It wasn't the first time that Twilight wondered if Pinkie actually knew what she was.

White hooves appeared next to the orange hooves. Turning her head a little bit, she saw Shining Armor, her brother, her B.B.B.F.F., the one pony she trusted more than anypony else.

And his eyes showed hate, pure hate. The feeling was slowly reaching Twilight as her changeling instincts slowly returned to their former self after the love overdrive. She could feel the hate, the pain, the anger, even the fear in almost all of them. She could feel tears well up in her eyes as the poisonous effects of these emotions wandered through her mind.

She had to escape.

She tried again to get her hooves under her body; again, she tried just to stand up, to run away, to get away from the poison that was slowly filling her heart.

"Where is Twilight?" Rarity's voice echoed through the big hall, her eyes searching for the purple unicorn. The others were also looking around, looking for their friend, their sister.

They wouldn't find her.

Strong white hooves pulled her up, pressing her at the wall. Twilight was looking into the eyes of her brother as his rage-filled voice echoed through the hall, yelling at her, asking her where his sister was. The others tried to pull Shining away, to stop him from killing the changeling in his hooves. Tears were streaming down his face.

She couldn't take it, not anymore.

Applejack finally managed to pull Shining away, to let the changeling breathe so it could at least answer. Cadence was walking closer, slowly embracing Shining, comforting him.

Sitting at the wall, she looked up into the eyes of her friends.

She had to tell them. She already knew their reaction; she already knew how they would react to the truth. Her eyes wandered away from the six ponies over to the princess on the floor. The eyes of her mentor were open and she was looking back at Twilight. Her eyes showed confusion even though her expression was calm, focused.

Gulping and taking a deep breath, she opened her mouth...

"I am Twilight Sparkle," she whispered. The room was silent enough for all to hear it. They eyes of the ponies in the room were focused on her, practically burning into her.

And then she felt the onslaught.

"Liar!" Shining Armor bellowed. Letting go of his fiancée, he rushed at her, ready to beat the truth out of her. Applejack stepped between him and Twilight, stopping him from doing anything stupid, from destroying their only trace to the real Twilight.

It hurt to see him like that, to see his despair, to feel his despair. There was nothing she could do, nothing to ease his pain, nothing to tell him that everything would go back to how it was.

Tears escaped her eyes as she looked at each pony— her friends, her brother, her foalsitter, and her mentor. She was crying.

"I am Twilight Sparkle," she cried, her voice quivering. She could see the disbelief in the eyes of all of them, the disbelief that would soon turn into more hate.

Princess Celestia slowly rose. Shivering and gasping, she sat up, looking down onto the changeling. Her eyes still showed only confusion, nothing else— no hate, no anger, no fear— only confusion.

"Girls." Celestia’s soft voice was like a cleansing water that extinguished a fire. The hate was gone, making it easy to breathe normally for Twilight, which she did, with a deep breath.

Celestia’s soft hoofsteps echoed through the room as she stood up and walked towards the changeling. Shining was still standing between her and Twilight; she looks down on him, his sad face. She lifted a hoof and laid it on his shoulder, her calm face telling him to stop worrying. He nodded and stepped aside. Slowly sitting down, he looked at Twilight, disbelief and anger still filling his eyes. Cadence was sitting down next to him; unfolding her wing, she pulled him into a soft hug.

Celestia stopped before the changeling and looked down on her, her expression free from any emotions. She was just like she always had been: calm, focused, serene.

"Where is Twilight Sparkle?" Her soft voice again had a calming effect, like she could control the emotions of everypony around her by simply talking to them.

Twilight winced as she looked into Celestia's eyes. "I am Twilight Sparkle." There were still tears streaming down her face.

Celestia's expression didn't change. "Can you prove it?" Her voice had changed; it was as calm as before, but this time, there was no cleansing, no calming echo in it.

Twilight nodded. "I can. There are ponies who will confirm this."

"And who are these ponies?" she asked quietly, raising a brow.

Twilight gulped and collected her thoughts, trying to prepare herself for another outburst.

"Twilight Velvet and Night Light—" Celestia's eyes widened, as did Shining's and Cadence eyes, "—my parents."

Shining Armor stood up, waves of rage escaping his body; the tip of his mane was even starting to smolder. "Don't you dare to pull my parents into this!" he bellowed at her, his horn igniting.

Celestia looked back into Shining's eyes. "Shining Armor!" she shouted at him. Shining recoiled, looking into Celestia's eyes. "Leave the throne room this instant!"

"But—" Shining spoke up, only to get silenced by another glare from Celestia.

It was the first time that anypony had seen her speak to Shining like that.

"Yes, princess." Shining frowned, looking down onto his hooves.

Celestia looked up and smiled at Cadence. "Cadence, would you please take Shining Armor out and search for Twilight Velvet and Night Light?" Shining was looking back up to Celestia, his expression scared. "And make sure Shining Armor stays out." Her eyes wandered back down at the stallion, punishing him with another glare, which made Shining shiver.

Cadence nodded and helped Shining Armor stand up, slowly and sympathetically walking him out of the room.

The doors closed with a massive sound.

Silence.

There was nothing else— nothing besides the soft breathing of the six ponies and the changeling.

And so they waited.

It took more time than anticipated for Cadence to search for Twilight Velvet and Night Light. Both had been invited and were already there when the invasion started.

It was cruel to just sit there against the cold wall, to feel the looks of the ponies on her, to not be able to explain anything, to not feel anything besides the calmness and the fear of the others. She tried; multiple times, she tried to open her mouth and talk to them, but each time, Celestia would look down on her with a disapproving glare, silencing her immediately.

And then new emotions appeared.

Then, she felt warm emotions, soft emotions, emotions she had missed over the last few hours: emotions of a worried father and mother, emotions of the only ponies who would be able to tell the truth, to explain to everypony how and why.

The doors opened, revealing Cadence, Night Light, and Velvet slowly walking in.

Night Light's and Twilight Velvet's reaction were confusion. They recognized the changeling on the floor; they recognized the sun princess and the five other ponies. They know each pony in this room.

Celestia noticed their reaction.

Raising her brows, she looked at both of them as they walked closer and bowed before the sun monarch.

"Is it true?" she simply asked, looking down on both of them. "Is it true that this changeling is Twilight Sparkle?"

Twilight Velvet nodded, not trusting her voice as she looked back at Celestia, tears escaping her eyes. She was not able to look into the eyes of the princess.

Night Light had more courage.

"It is, princess." The other ponies gasped. "This changeling is now our daughter." he held the hoof of his wife as he looked at Twilight. "She has been our daughter since the very day that Twilight Sparkle died."

Author's Note:

Yay new story, even though it's a pretty short story, next chapter will already be the end.

Well yeah, supposed to be a oneshot, there won't be any sequels to this. And I'm pretty sorry if any of the protagonists feel OOC... I suck at writing in character, which is why most of my stories are AU stories.

I hope you like it.

Well...

Whatever...

See ya next chapter.