• Published 13th Mar 2012
  • 17,783 Views, 1,090 Comments

Inner Glory - Erindor



A utopian society cannot exist without the corpses of the revolutionaries.

  • ...
55
 1,090
 17,783

PreviousChapters Next
Epilogue

The natural plane was finally abandoned, and the world was calm once more. Bright Eyes chuckled to herself. A lot had happened, and while much of it good, she was glad it was over. It was time to move on, into a new era. It'd bring its own challenges, with new villains rising and falling. And some day, the world would fall as well. Nothing lasted forever. But even if none were there to hear, the cry of the pained would never be meaningless.

She felt a presence behind her. She hadn't been expecting anyone, and for one with future sight, it was quite a feat. She turned to greet the presence, but words fell short when she turned to look. “You're here.”

“I am, and it's time to take you into the great beyond.”

Bright Eyes closed her eyes in bliss. “I finally get to see my family again, but as much as I long for them, I'm worried about this world. If it has nobody to guide them, will everything turn out alright?”

“They have themselves, and that is enough. Bright Eyes, you were created to be a mediator between two worlds that were meant to be one. Your purpose has been fulfilled, but take comfort. You did your duty well, and you'll always be remembered for that.”

“There's no place for a wall-eyed pegasus anymore, is there?”

The presence remained silent. Bright Eyes stood, lifting her chin as she strode forward. “I'm ready to go.”

“Then we'll be off. Tell me, though. As you served your time, what was the most important lesson you learned?”

“That's quite the question. Well, after seeing so many lives cross over, and each of them touching for only moments, I came to realize how many stories simply aren't told. And with it, how much potential is wasted.”

“And what comes from that?”

“The realization that we were made to sing. We are made to sing the praises of the great, and the mourning of the lost. But most importantly, we have to sing the songs within ourselves.”

“Then what is your song?”

Derpy grinned and looked up to Twilight's kind smile. “That I am unafraid.”

PreviousChapters Next