• Published 19th Dec 2013
  • 2,452 Views, 49 Comments

Let It Snow - Jade Ring



Several sweet and romantic drabbles set on one snowy night in Ponyville.

  • ...
3
 49
 2,452

Epilogue- Another Morning Glory

And so the sun rose and it was a glorious Hearth's Warming indeed. The children all raced downstairs to rip open their newest toys while sleepy but happy parents watched from the kitchen, nursing cups of coffee.

On Sweet Apple Acres, Macintosh and Fluttershy excitedly broke the news of the impending birth to ancient Granny Smith. They were stunned as she broke into a full-on jig in celebration, bad hip or no bad hip.

Luckily the hospital was open despite the holiday.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack awoke tired, sore, and more than a little hung-over. They made it a point to find out exactly what they'd been drinking the night before. Their search led them to a secret basement...

...filled to the brim with bottles of the precious liquid.

The pair of lovers had to be physically removed from the cottage three days later.

Rarity took great pleasure in telling her daughter that not only would Santa Hooves be coming back next year, he was more than welcome to stop by any time he so desired.

Sweetie Belle said nothing. She didn't even question why Spike was joining them for breakfast.

Derpy and Dinky Hooves raced each other downstairs to find three gifts beneath the tree. They each had a gift from Santa Hooves, but the other, the largest, had no name on it's vibrant blue paper.

Before they opened it, Dinky relayed the message from the night before.

As expected, the words (and who they had come from) brought tears to her wall-eyes. Not bad ones, but good ones.

“Four years, eight months, two weeks, five days.”

Together they opened the mystery gift. And what was inside?

Well, that's between them.

Suffice to say, it was the greatest gift of all.

Another Hearth's Warming came and went, but all those who had felt it's magic, the parents, the lovers, the believers, and the patient, would look up into the sky every single day until the next one. They were waiting to see it.

A single white flake.

And together, in one unified voice, they would sing...

...Let it Snow.

Comments ( 11 )

This is a wonderful little time capsule for taking the edge off the coming storm.

Fantastic chapters I laughed, I cried , I feels. But most importantly I couldn't help but smile. Great job :ajsmug:

I love the Spike and Rarity chapter. The way you write your Spike with a mix of innocence and adult charm is how I've always saw him growing up to become. The whole Rarity is Sweetie's mom is another story that I really liked and would like to hear how you would write that together. If you ever felt up for it I would love to read a story about Spike, Rarity, and Sweetie all living together. I think it would make a very interesting story. (for drama you could even bring her father in and have him try to take her away because her mom is dating a dragon. Which near this time is when Spike wanted to propose to Rarity and have them all become a family.):moustache:

Aw, so sweet and fluffy and...damn, i lost a few masculinity points and i'm not ashamed to say it.

5153896 Your answers lie here my friend, specifically in the story 'Morning Glory.'

IT WAS HIS FUCKING SONIC SCREWDRIVER!!!!!

Login or register to comment