• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 3,536 Views, 8 Comments

Hearths Warming Butterflies - Excy



Its Hearths Warming Eve for Fluttershy and Spike

  • ...
6
 8
 3,536

Under the Mistletoe

At the Golden Oaks Library, Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie planned a Hearths Warming Eve party. Everyone in Ponyville was invited. Everypony loves this time of year. Ponies give and recieve gifts, ponies make memories around this time, and some ponies, find love.

But in this case, a pony and dragon.

Pinkie, Twilight and Spike were setting up the inside to look very festive. All of their friends and all of Ponyville, plus Celestia, Luna, and Discord were coming to celebrate this. Spike was putting up streamers, and other decorations, he was setting up the different tables for the different things, like a gifts table and a food table. Pinkie was making all of the food and refreshments that would be there, which is three tables of drinks and snacks, and cake. And Twilight was checking everything off and waiting for ponies to arrive.

"Twilight, you know it doesn't start for another ten minutes, right?" Spike asked the patient mare.

"I know Spike, it's just that some ponies like to come early."

"Besides Spikey, they'res never assigned times you HAVE to be here by. The party really starts when everypony is here, and the music is pumping and everypony is having a good time." Pinkie said energetically.

"Yeah, I guess you're right, Pinkie. But still,Twilight doesn't have to wait outside in the freezing cold.

"I'm not cold, Spike. I have a nice scarf and sweater on." Twilight said happily.

"Yeah, real helpful." Spike mumbled.

"Hey look, we have guests!" Twilight yelled.

In came Rainbow Dash and Applejack, racing in to see who was first.

" I was first!" Rainbow yelled.
"No, Ah was first." Applejack hissed.

Then came Rarity and Fluttershy. Spike was happy to see both, but was happier to see Fluttershy, since Spike realized last year Rarity didn't share the same feelings Spike had. He had moved on from Rarity. And now Fluttershy was his new light.

"Hello everybody I'm here!" Rarity said dramatically, causing Spike to roll his eyes.

"Hey Fluttershy, how's your Hearths Warming Eve so far?" Spike asked enthusiastically.

"Oh, thanks for asking Spike, no on really ever asks how my day is going. That's really sweet of you. Anyway, my day has been very nice, and coming here is gonna make it even better!" Fluttershy said excitedly, and a bit loudly, which made her lower her head.

"Sorry. So how has your day been going, Spike?" Fluttershy asked caringly.

"It's been pretty boring and long, trying to set everything up and moving stuff out of this room all day is tiring, especially with Twilight leaving the DOOR OPEN all day." Spike yelled that last part to her, making her go outside and shut the door to greet everyone, instead of leaving it open. Spike and Fluttershy took their conversation to the kitchen, as the living was getting very crowded. They found the kitchen was packed too, so they sat on the porch in the yard. Outside it was snowing and ground was covered in it.

"Fluttershy, are you cold? Here." Spike took his coat off and put it over Fluttershy, who seemed to start warming up.

"Spike, I can't take your coat, you'll freeze out here!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"Hey, take it easy, 'Shy. I'm a dragon, and do you know what that means?"

"That you're gonna grow up to be big and scary?"Fluttershy said, starting to get scared.

"No, that I can breathe fire and warm myself, and you up."

Fluttershy cringed at this. Spike then pulled Fluttershy to the middle of the yard, put a blanket out, and directed her to sit. And she did. Spike then went to look for some logs and sticks. He found some and put them in front of Fluttershy. He told her to sit back as he blew flames into the logs and they started to burn. Fluttershy was getting scared, but Spike took a seat near her and she started to feel safe. They sat there and told stories of past Hearths Warming Days they had. They had fun talking together and Spike was happy. Fluttershy cuddled up in Spikes arm as she was getting "colder." Spike hugged her as they sat and watched the fire. It was getting late and the fire was dying down.

"Should we go back inside, Spike?" Fluttershy asked.

"Do you want to go back inside?" Spike asked her, looking her in tbe eyes.

"N-No. I'm so warm out here with you, and I don't ever want to leave."

"Then we don't have to." Spike took his gaze from Fluttershy back to the fire.

Fluttershy cuddled up in his arms some more as they watched the fire burn.

"Fluttershy, I have something to tell you."

"So do I Spike, but, you can go first."

"Okay. Well," He was gonna do it. He was gonna confess his feelings for her right then and there,

But then, Twilight came outside. Holding something hanging from a stick over their heads.

It was mistletoe.

"A-heeem." Twilight hummed to them.

"Twili- oopf!" Spike grunted as Fluttershy pinned him down and kissed him. It was long and romantic, and Spike loved every minute of it. So did Fluttershy. When she finally stopped, Spike was in shock.

"Is that what you wanted to tell me?"

"Happy Hearths Warming, Spike." Fluttershy whispered to Spike as she kissed him again. This time, Spike didn't fight back. They let go again.

"Happy Hearths Warming, Fluttershy." Spike said as they went back to their kissing.

And that, for Spike and Fluttershy, really is, a Happy Hearths Warming.

Comments ( 8 )

This is a nice and simple FlutterSpike story.

The dialogue towards the beginning between Spike and Fluttershy felt a little forced.

It was long and romantic, and Spike loved every minute of it.

Erm, perhaps a bit more description there?

"Fluttershy, I have something to tell you."
"So do I Spike, but, you can go first."

Was a little cliché.

This is definitely the best Flutterspike one-shot I have read thus far. Actually, I've only read one or two others so I guess that doesn't mean much.
All in, this was a great fic. I loved the flow of events, especially the 'getting warm' scene.

"Should we go back inside, Spike?" Fluttershy asked.
"Do you want to go back inside?" Spike asked her, looking her in tbe eyes.
"N-No. I'm so warm out here with you, and I don't ever want to leave."
"Then we don't have to." Spike took his gaze from Fluttershy back to the fire.
Fluttershy cuddled up in his arms some more as they watched the fire burn.

SO. CUTE.:yay:

But then, Twilight came outside. Holding something hanging from a stick over their heads.
It was mistletoe.
"A-heeem." Twilight hummed to them.

Shouldbbe a comma, not a period, between the first two sentences. The third sentence could have been structured better (a little description, slow realisation etc.), but I loved this part. Good 'ol Twilight, always there to help out. :twilightsheepish: Spike's gotta thank her later on. :moustache:

Phew, when i waa writing this I thought I did a bad job :twilightoops: good to hear it wasnt garbage:twilightsmile:

Nice one-shot, but I found something you may want to edit. At one point, you had Fluttershy say "No on" instead of "No one".

love all ya storys tony

Awwwwwww

awesome shypike

My favorite Spike shipping.. Awesome story

Login or register to comment