• Published 18th Dec 2013
  • 3,542 Views, 50 Comments

Friendship is Applejack - AstroStar



A simple wish leaves Applejack's friends thinking they were Applejack! Can the real AJ help them get back to normal?

  • ...
3
 50
 3,542

Epilogue(s)

Epilogue 1 – Everything’s Going to be Just Fine!

“At any rate, I’m just glad this whole thing is over!” Rainbow Dash shouted as she slowly got off the massage table.

“Me too,” Twilight agreed. “By the way, thanks for helping us get back to normal, Applejack.”

Applejack smiled. “Don’t mention it, Twi! Besides, y’all aren’t supposed to be me anyway. Y'all are supposed to be yourselves. After all, it’s y’all’s true… destiny…” Applejack suddenly felt a light wooziness that made her stumble back a bit.

“Sis? Ya all right?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Ah don’t know,” Applejack answered. “Ah feel… funny…”

Fluttershy suddenly shrieked. “Applejack! You’re glowing!”

Applejack looked down at herself and noticed an orange glow starting to surround her. As the glow became more intense, streaks of white magic began to circle all around her. Applejack looked around in confusion as the magic lifted her off the ground.

“Wha- what’s happening?” Applejack tried to ask, but she was suddenly cut off as the magic surrounding her exploded, enveloping her in an orange ball of magic.

Everypony stood back as the magic reached its peak, shielding their eyes from the sheer brightness of the magic. Eventually, the magic died down and the light faded away. They all saw Applejack magically being lowered slowly back to the floor. When the cowpony’s hooves reached the ground, she majestically raised her horn high in the air, unfurling a pair of orange wings in the process. All the ponies in the spa gasped in stunned shock.

“Applejack? You… you’re an alicorn!” Twilight managed to say.

The purple unicorn could hardly believe she just said those words. She was in total disbelief, as was everypony else. Well, almost everypony. Pinkie was simply scratching her head. She couldn’t quite put a hoof on it, but something seemed off.

Applejack touched her new horn with some hesitation. She also took a close look at her new wings. “Ah don’t believe this!”

“Mah sister’s an alicorn! Mah sister’s an alicorn!” an excited Apple Bloom shouted.

“This is so awesome!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “AJ has wings!”

“Are you all right, Applejack?” Twilight asked.

Applejack nodded. “Ah think so. Ah just don’t know going on right now.”

“I’ll tell you what’s going on. You look absolutely marvelous!” Rarity smiled.

“You look just like a princess,” Fluttershy added

“That’s because she is a princess,” a new voice suddenly appeared. Everypony turned to see that they were now in the presence of Princess Celestia herself.

“Your highness?” Twilight asked. “What’s going on?”

“The fulfillment of a destiny,” Princess Celestia answered. She then turned to address the new alicorn. “Applejack, my faithful subject. By helping your friends realize their true selves, you have demonstrated an understanding of friendship that hasn’t been seen in Equestria in a long time.” Twilight felt the need the object to Celestia’s comment, but she was still in shock from the whole scenario. She allowed Celestia to continue. “And for realizing the true destinies of your friends, Applejack, it is now time for you to fulfill your true destiny as a Princess of Equestria.”

Everypony gasped in delight, with the exception of Twilight and Pinkie. Pinkie became even more confused over this entire scenario while Twilight’s mind nearly stopped working as she watched her mentor pass her over completely. “Princess… Applejack?” she muttered inaudibly.

“Wait a second…” Pinkie objected. “But what about Twi…”

“All hail Princess Applejack!” Princess Celestia shouted, cutting off Pinkie’s question.

Celestia bowed down to Applejack. One by one, the others followed suit. At first, Pinkie and Twilight didn’t bow down as they were still completely dumbfounded over what they were seeing. Rarity noticed the two not bowing.

“Don’t be rude, you two,” she whispered. “Show some respect to the new princess!”

Twilight and Pinkie quickly complied, bowing down to the new princess.

Applejack became overwhelmed by the announcement and the show of support. “Gee, thanks y’all. Ah’m speechless.”

“Congratulations Applejack!” Princess Celestia smiled.

Apple Bloom gave her sister a big hug. “Ah love you, Applejack.”

“Ah love you too, Apple Bloom,” Applejack hugged back. Soon, everypony else surrounded surrounded the new princess, with Pinkie and Twilight left behind, silently trying to figure out what in Equestria was going on.

“You’re gonna be the most awesome princess Equestria has ever seen, AJ!” Rainbow Dash grinned.

“You’ve certainly earned it Applejack!” Rarity said.

“But…. She didn’t really…” Pinkie tried to say to no avail.

“We all love you, Applejack.” Fluttershy said. “You’re the greatest friend in the history of Equestria!”

“But what about my big crown thingy?” Twilight asked in a small voice that nopony heard.

“Come along everypony,” Celestia shouted. “We need to get ready for Applejack’s coronation ceremony!”

Princess Celestia and the soon-to-be-crowned Princess Applejack all led the others out of the spa. Pinkie and Twilight stayed behind, still frozen from everything they had just witnessed.

“That just happened, didn’t it?” Pinkie asked.

“I think it did.” Twilight sadly replied. She slowly sat on her haunches.

“Are you ok, Twilight?”

Twilight sighed. “I guess so. I mean, I’m happy for Applejack. But, I thought with all my work studying friendship, I would be the one who would be a princess. I can’t help feeling that I just got snubbed.”

Pinkie put a reassuring pat on the back. “I know. It does make more sense if you became an alicorn, but this is just how the story is supposed to go, I guess.”

“What story?”

Pinkie pulled out a sheet of paper, which contained a My Little Pony logo on it. She also produced a pair of reading glasses. “It’s all in the plot. See?” She began to read the paper out loud. “After her friends stop acting like themselves, Twilight uses her knowledge of friendship to fix everypony’s destiny, thereby fulfilling her own destiny by becoming an alicorn princess.” Pinkie blinked. She read the synopsis again, taking a big note of the lack of the word ‘Applejack’. “Uh oh,” she squeaked out.

“Pinkie? What’s wrong?”

“We just did the whole story wrong!” Pinkie shouted in panic.

Twilight did a double take. “We did what?”

“You were supposed to be the one who became an alicorn princess, Twilight. Not Applejack!” Pinkie explained.

“Wait, so you’re telling me that I do become a princess?”

“Yes! Come on, Twilight. We have to straighten this out!”

Pinkie and Twilight ran full gallop to catch up with the others. They had a lot of explaining to do.

*****

Epilogue 2 - Just Perfect

“At any rate, I’m just glad this whole thing is over!” Rainbow Dash shouted as she slowly got off the massage table.

At that moment, a sudden slam came from the front door that caught everypony’s attention.

“Girls! It’s me! Ah’m back!” the newcomer drawled.

She was covered in dirt and was catching her breath, recovering from what seemed to be a very perilous journey. She had green eyes, a blond mane, an orange coat, and three apples as her cutie mark, much like the pony already inside the spa. Everypony blinked in reaction to the fact that there were now two Applejacks inside the spa.

“Applejack?!?” Twilight shouted in disbelief.

“Hold up!” the first, original Applejack approached the newcomer. “What in tarnation is this?”

“Don’t listen to her, everypony!” the second, newcomer Applejack warned. “She’s a changeling!”

“I’m a what?!?” the first Applejack shouted.

“It’s true! Ah was ponynapped a few months ago and she’s been impersonating me ever since!”

Fluttershy gasped. “Oh no! Are you all right?”

“Ah am now,” the second Applejack said. “Ah managed to escape the Changeling hive and come back! And now Ah’m here to put an end to this once and for all!”

The first Applejack facehoofed. “This is a bunch of baloney! Ah wasn’t ponynapped. Ah was here the whole time! For all we know, you’re the changeling!”

The second Applejack got into her counterpart’s face. “That’s exactly what a changeling would say! You’re gonna pay for stealing mah life!”

“This is ridiculous! Ah’m the real Applejack! You’re the changeling! If you think you can just waltz in here and pull this nonsense, you’ve got another thing coming!”

Everypony else in the room could only watch as the two Applejacks argue over who was the real Applejack and who was the changeling. If it weren’t for the fact that the second Applejack was still rather dirty from her journey, the two cowponies would be indistinguishable.

Rarity turned to Twilight. “How are we supposed to figure out which one is the real Applejack?”

Twilight shook her head, still not believing what she was seeing. “I have no idea.”

Pinkie Pie offered an idea. “How about I try the Eeny-Meeny-Miney-Moe technique?”

“They’re not going to start fighting each other, are they?” Fluttershy asked.

“What are we gonna do?” Apple Bloom asked.

Nopony said anything at first, as nopony had any idea how to solve this problem. Suddenly, an idea came to one of them. Rainbow Dash was the one who confidently stepped forward. “Relax guys. I got this.”

The pegasus made her way to the two Applejacks. She started to pace between the two of them.

“So, both of you are claiming to be the one, true Applejack, right?”

“Yes!” the two Applejacks answered in unison.

Rainbow Dash continued to pace before she settled in between them, the second newcomer on her left and the first one on the right. “So, if you are who you say you are, then you wouldn’t mind answering this question.”

“Ah don’t mind,” the second Applejack said.

“Ask me anything!” the first Applejack said.

Rainbow Dash smiled. “Ok then. So Applejack…” she turned to the newcomer. "DoyouhaveacrushonCarameldoyadoyadoyahuuuuh?”

The second Applejack recoiled in disgust. “A crush on Caramel? What? No way!!!”

Rainbow Dash gave her a small nod. She then turned to the first Applejack. “What about you?”

The first Applejack stammered. “Ah-Ah don’t have a crush on Caramel!” Her face scrunched up in reaction to what she said.

Rainbow Dash turned to her friends. “The newcomer’s the fake. This is the real AJ,” she plainly said, pointing to the scrunching cowpony.

“Curses!!!” The second Applejack shouted. With a green flash of fire, the newcomer Applejack transformed herself back into Queen Chrysalis. “You win this round, but mark my words. I will have my revenge! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!”

With another green flash of fire, Queen Chrysalis was gone.

“Well, that’s the end of that.” Applejack sighed. She then walked back to her friends, who were all smiling at giggling at her. “Uh, what are y’all smiling at?” she asked.

“Soooo…. Caramel, huh?” Twilight grinned.

*****

Epilogue 3: All's Well That Ends Well

“At any rate, I’m just glad this whole thing is over!” Rainbow Dash shouted as she slowly got off the massage table.

“There just one thing that's still bothering me,” Apple Bloom wondered. “That well. Where did it come from? And what in tarnation happened to it?”

Applejack shrugged. “Ah guess we’ll never know.”

Meanwhile, millions of miles away from Equestria, in the reaches of the skies far beyond Princess Luna’s influence, a giant spacecraft continued its trek back to its home world. Despite the ship’s size, its population consisted of only three occupants. One of these occupants was a young seven-year old well, who was currently being lectured by both his parents.

“How many times have I told you not wander off, young man?” the father scolded him. “First, that incident with that orange tabby cat, and now this?”

“I’m sorry, dad,” the youngster well apologized. “But can you blame me? It was a planet of talking ponies! I had to see it for myself!”

“Furthermore,” the mother added, “How dare you grant that pony’s wish in the first place? We’ve told you about why we can’t use our powers to interfere with other worlds.”

“But she looked so sad,” the boy explained. “I thought granting her wish would make her happy. Besides, they straightened it out without our help.”

“That’s not the point, Junior!” the father shouted. “We can’t meddle in affairs of others like that. It’s part of the official Wishing Well charter!”

“But what’s the point of being a wishing well if we can’t grant wishes?” the boy asked.

“You’ll understand when you’re older sweetie,” the mother sighed. “Now come along. Your father and I will discuss your punishment after dinner.”

The family all began to make their way to their eating quarters for their family dinner. Behind the parents, the little well was muttering to himself.

“That cat was right. Mondays suck.”

*****

Epilogue 4: Can I Help?

“At any rate, I’m just glad this whole thing is over!” Rainbow Dash shouted as she slowly got off the massage table.

At that moment, a knocking came from the window. Applejack went over to open it. A grey, wall-eyed pegasus wearing her official delivery hat was on the other side. She was holding a package in her front hooves.

"Howdy, Derpy!" Applejack smiled. "What are ya bringing today?"

"I've got a special delivery for Aloe and Lotus!"

"Oh marvelous!" Rarity shouted. "That must be the fragrant soaps I told them about."

"Oh, so that's what they were," Derpy responded. "They smell wonderful."

"I think Aloe and Lotus are in the front right now. We'll get them for you."

"It's ok, I'll just give this to them myself." Derpy flew inside the spa and tried to land next to the bath. Unfortunately, she landed on a wet, slippery spot which caused her to slip and fall, dropping the package and sending the bars of soap everywhere in the process.

"Oops," Derpy blushed in embarrassment.

"It's ok, Ah got it." Applejack tried to pick up one of the now wet bars of soap. Unfortunately, her grip was not hard enough. The soap flew out of her hooves and crashed right into a cabinet of expensive shampoos.

"Uh oh!" Applejack cringed.

"Applejack!" Rarity gasped, "Do you know how much that shampoo costs?!?"

Applejack gulped. She turned to her little sister. "Apple Bloom, get Aloe and Lotus. Ah've got to apologize to them."

"Ok, sis." With a little hesitation, Apple Bloom went to go fetch the two spa ponies.

"Now what are we supposed to do?" Twilight asked.

"Maybe we should clean up the mess for them." Fluttershy suggested. She hovered over to the cabinet and landed on the floor... right onto the wet bar of soap.

"Whoa! WHOOOOAAAA!!!" Fluttershy shouted as she started to slide uncontrollably across the spa floor. She bumped and crashed into several walls and cabinets, none of which slowed her down. She bounced around the room like a pinball, leaving a mess in her wake.

"I got you, Fluttershy!" Pinkie leapt into the air, trying to stop the pegasus from sliding. Her timing was just off, as she completely missed her target and instead, crashed into the wall. "I don't got you, Fluttershy." Pinkie groaned as she passed out.

Rarity looked on in disbelief. Aloe and Lotus' spa was getting destroyed. She had to do something! She got off her massage table and tried to run over to Fluttershy. She didn't watch her step though, as she slipped an another wet bar of soap and started to slide around the room herself. Rarity screamed in terror as she slid out of control. Applejack ran into intercept her but slipped on another bar of soap in the process. Rainbow Dash, Twilight and Derpy watched as Rarity, Fluttershy and Applejack were all pinballing their way around the room.

"Rainbow, you go get Rarity. I'll try to get AJ and Fluttershy!" Twilight instructed.

Without any prompting, Rainbow Dash took off to try to help her friends. Twilight readied her levitation spell towards Applejack. With how fast the cowpony was sliding, it was hard for her to get a direct hit. But it was an emergency, and Twilight didn't have the luxury of practice. She fired her levitation spell towards Applejack, but just missed her. Instead, she wound up levitating the spa bathtub that Applejack was sliding in front of at the time. Surprised at her mistake, Twilight immediately stopped the levitation spell, causing gravity to make the tub crash into the ground, water spilling everywhere.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash quickly caught up to the sliding Rarity. Flying just above her, she scooped her up in one swift move and continued to hold her in-flight.

"I got you, Rarity!" Dash shouted, keeping her eyes down on Rarity.

"WALL!!!" Rarity pointed in front of her.

"Huh?" Rainbow Dash looked up just in time as she and Rarity crashed into the exterior wall. The weakness in the wall caused part of the roof to cave in, burying everypony in toppled wood and debris.

Aloe, Lotus and Apple Bloom all arrived just as the ceiling finished caving in. The two spa owners were stunned beyond words.

"Our spa!!!" Lotus shouted. Aloe fainted over, overcome by the shock.

Apple Bloom remained speechless. Moments later, she saw stirring from the rubble as Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Derpy all emerged, miraculously in one piece.

"Is everypony ok?" the farm filly asked.

The seven ponies, all wearing matching wall-eyed expressions answered in unison.

"We just don’t know what went wrong!"

Author's Note:

I had a few funny ideas to end this story with, so I decided to just write all of them! Hope you enjoy them! And again, thanks for reading my story. Hope to see you soon!

Comments ( 8 )

Alicorn Applejack was the best one. Now go watch Twilight go down the path of Sunset Shimmer.

4239471
Alicorn Applejack FTW.
I think that would be a funny story where Twilight and Pinkie are the antagonists trying to undo the ramifications of the newest princess Alicorn Applejack.

Ha! I liked Alicorn AJ the best. For sure. :ajsmug:

That ENDING!!! PERFECTION!!!!!! All of them!!! :rainbowlaugh:

I demand a sequel based off the last epilogue! The Muffining!

Great story. One of the best Applejack fics I've read. First epilogue was really good, we need AJ to become an alicorn!

Dreadnought

Really like this story quick question what was the deal with this well it's never really expanded upon what that well is or where it came from:rainbowhuh:

Also if you're out of ideas what you do for your next story I have a suggestion where maybe you could do a sequel to this story where it shows the five fake applejack adventures and meeting eachother prior to the real applejack coming home

Well this sure was a great fic. That 1st Epilogue leads to interesting places.

Login or register to comment