• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 8,130 Views, 145 Comments

Ace Attorney: Turnabout Moon - Squid-Hoof



Over eight years have passed since Phoenix Wright's confusing foray into Equestria and subsequent disbarment. Having nearly forgotten his excursion into the world of ponies, his memories will come flooding back in the most unpleasant way possibl

  • ...
14
 145
 8,130

2: Sunny Side Down

Chapter 2: Sunny Side Down

"Please, come and take a seat Mr. Wright." Princess Celestia was sitting on the other side of the glass, an excruciating look of pensive hope gripping her face. "I apologize for having Twilight summon you to our world again. If it were under any other circumstances I would have asked for another defense attorney. However, another murder only a few years after the last, a high profile victim, and a high profile defendant..." She sighed, putting a hoof to her muzzle and closing her eyes. "I was hoping you would understand." I heard the door shut behind me. Turning, I could see Twilight had remained in the hallway, leaving us in private.

My mouth was bone dry, my body suddenly and inexplicably feeling totally dehydrated. Stumbling over to a nearby water cooler, on legs that felt like they were made out of jelly, I proceeded to drain nearly a quarter of the bottle, throwing cup after cup down my parched throat. That accomplished, I was having difficulty willing my legs to move me any closer to the distressed regent. I stood in place, leaning against the water cooler for support, merely watching Celestia. The great and mighty Princess Celestia, sole ruler of the utopia of Equestria for a thousand years, benevolent, kind, wise, caring.

Murderer.

No Phoenix. That's impossible. Twilight wouldn't have dragged you here if she thought Celestia was guilty. Well... actually she would. Twilight treats Celestia like a goddess, she would probably do anything for her. That being said... could Celestia have done it? Would she have? She did banish Luna for a thousand years but... Would she kill her? I stood in quiet contemplation for a moment, running through an internal monologue that wasn't altogether comfortable to me. A few years ago I would have jumped at the chance to defend her. The falsely accused princess! An evil villain waiting in the sidelines! The headlines! Funny how time, experience, and betrayal change a man. If she was guilty, and I told her I wouldn't help... would anyone else dare defend her?

Apparently I had spent too long standing there in my thoughts, because when I refocused my attention on Celestia she looked like she was about to break. While clearly in emotional distress over the accusations, and I hoped over the death of her sister, even her carefully crafted veneer was starting to crack. That was the final motivation I needed to cross the room. I quickly walked over to the chair opposite her and took a seat. "I must apologize Princess Celestia. I was merely in shock. I needed a moment." I bowed my head to her.

"Oh... Oh no." Celestia shook her head and did her best to give me a sad sympathetic smile. The fact I had finally taken a seat and started talking with her had calmed her significantly. She made herself comfortable on the cushions she had been provided and nodded her head. "I can understand fully. I imagine that you've already had a long day."

"Unfortunately." I sighed and returned her smile. "I had just returned to the office after clearing my client's name in another case back home. I was about to head to bed when Twilight showed up. I always wondered if we'd meet again. This is not how I imagined it going."

"The feeling is mutual. After you managed to prove Rainbow Dash was innocent, and Twilight sent you home, I had asked her to get rid of any and all knowledge of how to cast the spell to step between worlds. I was under the impression that she had." Celestia sighed. "Imagine my surprise when she tells me she had directly disobeyed me and not only kept the spell but refined it. I should have known of course. Friendship is a powerful motivator. It appears she's done me a great service by retaining the ability to call you back."

"I'm a little upset to hear you didn't want me visiting again, but I think we can both agree that under the circumstances having me back is probably a good thing." I raised an eyebrow as her expression changed from somber to surprise.

"Oh!" She shook her head and frowned. "No! Don't misunderstand Mr. Wright, it's not that you would be unwelcome. In fact, there were many nights I spent thinking of you and debating if I should visit you or have you over for a visit. I just didn't want her dropping in on you whenever she felt like it and causing an interdimensional incident, or using you to solve our problems. We nearly had one shortly after Twilight earned her princesshood. I was afraid that allowing her unimpeded access to your world would cause another." She smiled at the silhouette of her student could be seen through the frosted glass of the door. “Of course, it seems you'll be solving our problems anyways.”

"I'm glad to hear that." I smiled at her. "That I'm welcome back to Equestria I mean." I turned to look at the door where Twilight was milling about and then back at the princess. "We're not really here for pleasantries though Princess Celestia. You've asked me here to defend you in court. I accept."

"What?" The princess was taken aback. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say she had expected me to either turn her down or ask her so many questions she'd have a headache. I mean... I never did that. Right? "Just like that? I haven't even given you the details, or professed my innocence or guilt. Why would you ever accept the case just like that?"

"Because if I don't, there's no one else that will. You've been accused of murdering your sister. Unless things have changed drastically in the few years since I was last here, the only pony that knows enough defense law is Twilight, and I have a funny feeling that she wouldn't be willing to protect you on her own." I reached out for a folder that was placed on the counter in front of me- all current information on the case.

"Oh... why don't you think she would represent me?" Celestia bit her lips, her demeanor starting to crack again. You're clearly not as clever as you think you are Celestia if you can't read your student that well.

I started leafing through the documents to try and make sense of the crime and how she had wound up accused. I was trying to figure out the softest way to put what I had to say. Nothing came to mind other than the cold hard truth. I didn't even look up before I answered. I don't think I could. "Because she thinks you're guilty as well."

Celestia sat in quiet contemplation for a moment before her eyes flashed white and she shot me a glare, hissing between her teeth. "WHAT?!"

"She's in the same boat everyone else is." I tried to stay matter of fact and stoic. I was failing. "There aren't many creatures or ponies that could kill a princess. You're probably not the only one who could have done it, but you're definitely the prime suspect.”

"Wh-wh... What? She never spoke of this to me before!" Celestia was sputtering, vainly attempting to grasp at some argument contrary to my suggestion. She couldn't.

"You're her mentor and mother figure, Princess Celestia." I sighed and continued my browsing. Luna's body, found at 3:24 AM by her night guards, still in bed. No damage to bed, indicating crime was committed elsewhere. Heavy magic burning along one side, horn cracked into splinters, several piercing blows to her chest and face. Curiously, her wings are still in pristine condition. Wonder what that looks like... I flipped the page to the crime scene photo. EUUUGH I wish I hadn't looked! Autopsy report indicates that the magic was clearly solar in origin, and the cause of death was a puncture wound to her heart. Swallowing my nausea I looked back up at the princess. "It's probably tearing her up inside. I can't blame her. These documents are pretty damming."

AUTOPSY REPORT ADDED TO COURT DOCUMENTS

CRIME SCENE PHOTO ADDED TO COURT DOCUMENTS.

"But I didn't do it!" Celestia cried. "I loved my sister more than you can ever imagine! Even a thousand years ago when I should have destroyed her, I banished her instead. I'm not a murderer." I'd never seen Celestia's carefully crafted image shatter so fully like this before. She was clearly upset. Devastated. "I could keep ruling my little ponies and they would have no power to stop me. I'm only in this detention center as a show of good faith to them. I need to clear my name! So I can mourn my sister and move on... alone. Please. You need to believe me. I need somepony to believe me." She hung her head in defeat and slumped back into pillows she was resting on.

"I believe you." I gave her a half smile and closed the folder.

"You do?" She looked up into my eyes, clearly vexed. “Just like that?”

"I do. I have to believe you. It's my job to believe in my client. As long as you are truly innocent, the evidence will be there to prove you didn't do it, or to prove someone else did. I believe in you Celestia. Do you believe in you?" I really wished the glass wasn’t here. All I wanted to do was hold her hoof.

"I... I do." She gave the ghost of a genuine smile. "You... Thank-you. I don't know what I would have done if you had said no." Straightening back up, she flashed her horn, and as suddenly as it was there, any sign she was anything other than stoic was gone. "You've changed much Mr. Wright. What happened to the emotional defense attorney with Discord's luck I met all those years ago?"

"I'm still here your majesty. A lot has happened over those years, and I've gone from having mentors to being one. Not to mention... That's a story for another time though." I stood, removing the defense's copies of the court documents I needed, and stuffed them into my case file. "I should talk to Twilight and start my investigation."

"What are you going to tell her?" Celestia raised an eyebrow.

"What she needs to hear. Have a good evening princess.”

"The same to you Mr. Wright."

With a nod I carefully let myself out of the room, finding it empty. Twilight had apparently wandered off while the princess and I were finishing our conversation. I was actually grateful for that. I needed a moment to think about how to talk to Twilight. What I would say. What I could say. I can entirely understand her predicament, however she should have more faith in the princess. But can I blame her? I'm not sure I would feel any different, and she did come find me... I didn't notice her walk up to me until she was right behind me. I jumped. "YEEARGH!!"

"AHHH!" She screamed back, both cups of water suspended in her purple glow upending into the air and down onto my head, soaking me.

"Aww man! I just had these dry cleaned!" I hastily rubbed as much water off of my suit as I could. "Twilight!"

"Sorry! I didn't expect you to just suddenly scream!" She glared at me.

"Well don't sneak up on me like that!" I huffed, my face curled into a frown.

"Sorry." She frowned back and used one of her spells to quickly dry me off. Twilight then turned to look at to the door to Celestia's room. "So. The princess."

"The princess." I nodded. "Before I say anything, I want to hear what you think."

"Well. I..." She stammered. "I want to believe she's innocent. I do. That's why when it came time to figure out who should defend her in court, you were the first person I could think of. If you can't prove her innocent, I don't know anypony that could." She looked down. "But there aren't many others who could have the power to kill Princess Luna. The most ancient of dragons, or Discord possibly, but neither have reason to kill her, nor solar magic. In my studies I've become quite adept at both solar and lunar schools of magic, but I know I didn't do it. Nopony else has that sort of power."

"Well, Luna was actually killed by whatever pierced her body, so anyone with a long sharp object and opportunity could have done it." I offered.

"Yes, but both of the sisters are surrounded by protective magic that would take alicorn level magic to burn through." She sighed. "You... you don't think she did it?" She slowly looked up and narrowed her eyes.

"No. I know she didn't do it." I smiled. "I don't know who did, or why, or even how yet, but I know that my client is innocent and I won't rest until I prove it. You should believe in her too. The most important thing to do is believe in her."

Her eyes went wide before her face shifted through a range of emotion. Shock, disbelief, concern, fear, and finally acceptance. "You really believe in her?" I nodded my head. She suddenly threw her front hooves around me, fresh tears falling down her face. "I don't know how we're going to prove it, but thank you."

"Er... For what?"

"For agreeing to take her case and... and restoring some of my faith in her. It scares me so much to think she could have murdered Princess Luna."She sniffled into my shoulder. "It's like my entire world came shattering down around me. Celestia has always been like a mother to me."

"I know Twilight. I understand." We both stood and brushed ourselves off. "Now, we have a long night ahead of us. I need my attorney's badge back,and we should head over to your library to get reacquainted with Equestrian Law. I'm also going to want to study a bit of magic to see if there's any other angles to this case."

“Well... there's a couple problems with that.” She bit her lip. “First off, my library kinda exploded.”

I gave her a look and frowned. “What?”

“Yeah... Tirek. Couple years ago. I'll explain later. I've got a palace now though! It has lots of books!” She smiled. “However the other problem is that we're not in Ponyville. We're in Canterlot. Capital city of Equestria. That being said, there are many libraries here.”

"Well la de da!" I chuckled. “Princess Twilight and her fancy new castle! Alright then, let's go find me a badge, find my friends, do introductions, then hit a library.”

"That actually sounds like a good plan. Surprising coming from you. Don't you normally fly by the seat of your pants?” She glanced up, a cheeky smile tugging at her lips.

“A lot has changed Twilight. I have a lot to tell you.”

“Good. You still need to explain how you have a daughter."

"...right."

Miles Edgeworth was sitting in his office overlooking the busy night life below. A cup of tea in his hand, he'd been leafing through the latest case reports and files. "Another win by the return of the prodigal son." He chuckled as he gazed out into the streets. "Good for you Wright. I always knew you'd return to the courtroom." His musing was interrupted by a knock at the door. Odd. No one else should be left in the building. "Come in. Wait... Maya?"

"Edgeworth I'm sorry to stop in so suddenly like it's of the utmost importance." Maya gently shut the door behind her and stepped towards his desk. They had kept in touch by letter during Wright's sudden absence, but this was the first time in years he had seen her in person. Those years, he decided, had done much to transform her from a gangly youth to the beautiful and striking young woman standing before him. Indeed, it seems traditions weren't the only thing passed down to the master of Kurain Village. "I really think you should sit down for this."

"Ah... yes. Of course." Edgeworth gestured towards one of the chairs opposite to his desk, and politely waited for Maya to take a seat. "Can I offer you some tea?"

"Actually tea would be lovely thank you." Maya nodded and smiled back, her robes swirling about her body. As soon as he had fetched her a cup and taken his own seat, she leaned forward slightly. "Now, you need to listen very carefully to me. I was channeling my sister yesterday..."

"Maya, I respect and adore you, and your sister was an amazing attorney, but you know I don't take much stock in your mystical voodoo." Edgeworth sighed. “Irregardless of what the official case file says, or Godot, your occult superstition hardly passes for a reasonable explanation for a murder.”

"Please. Just listen." She slammed her teacup down harder than intended, blushing. "Sorry. Edgeworth I know you've always found it difficult to grasp the Kurain channeling technique, but even if you don't normally believe me, please. I'm begging you. Listen to me now. Just once."

Edgeworth sighed again and looked over the top of his tea, inhaling the aroma of his preferred blend, before finally setting the cup down. "Alright. I will accept that based on what I have seen from yourself and Mr. Wright in the past it is possible, possible, that you may be able to do the things you've claimed in the past. Just. Once. If it was important enough for you to leave the monastery and seek me out at this time of night, Miss Fey, you have my attention. Please, start over."

"Thank-you." She sighed in relief, folding her legs and placing both hands on the desk. "I was leading my acolytes through a channeling routine yesterday, and I channeled my sister. She says hello by the way. " Edgeworth nodded softly. "She also brought something up that, I'll be honest, I had forgotten about. Do you remember, before he lost his badge, when Phoenix disappeared for a few days? We found him in his office with the weird photo of him and the ponies?"

"Of course. I couldn't forget that day if I tried.” Edgeworth groaned and placed a palm to his face, deeply repressed and embarrassing memories flooding to the forefront of his mind. “Pearls was wailing about Mr. Wright having a pony 'sugar momma'. Eugh. The idea makes my stomach churn. I haven't given much thought to it though. What more is there really to it? He went to some strange theme park and didn't tell us. With the sort of animatronics they seem to have there, I can't say I really blame him. It's hardly the most juvenile thing he's done. Don't forget he's friends with a man named 'Butz'." Edgeworth shrugged. "I'm sorry, what does this have to do with anything?"

"Well... normally Phoenix was like an open book. There wasn't much about his life he kept secret, until he was disbarred. Except that picture. He never brought it up again. However, after speaking with my sister, it's become clear why he was always hesitant to talk about it. I also believed it was due to shame. However, Mia shed some light on his beating around the bush. It wasn't a theme park." She leaned back and took a sip of tea. "Mia was... quite busy after her death. She hasn't given me many details. All she's told me so far, is that you'll be meeting those ponies yourself.”

"Wh-Wh-What?!" Edgeworth blurted out, coughing as he choked on some of his own tea. "That's highly preposterous. I don't know what sort of games you're playing at Maya but now I'm absolutely convinced you're trying to pull one over on me. If you wanted to convince me of your mystical connection to the hereafter, you could have tried something a little more believable.”

“You're not going to believe me like this are you?” Maya frowned. “I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do this. I'm already exhausted.”

“Do what? Are you going to put on a little song and dance for me? Maybe pull out some puppets? I... AUGH!” He covered his eyes as a flash of light filled the room. Blinking away the spots he finally focused back on Maya. Or who had been Maya. "Mia?!"

"I told her it would be easier if I just came in the first place. She insisted she try to talk to you on her own first. I guess she ended up second guessing herself." Mia Fey sat across from Edgeworth, running a hand along her arm. "Been a while Edgy."

"These parlour tricks are getting old. I don't know what..."

"Edgeworth." Mia snapped. "You promised my sister you would listen. So listen." She calmed herself and smiled. While Maya was beautiful, Mia was... well she had technically been dead for over a decade now, but she was, to pardon a pun, drop dead gorgeous. Neither apple fell far from the tree. "You're going to need to pass on your duties to someone else. Make some calls. Tonight. You'll be leaving tomorrow."

"That's impossible I'm afraid." Edgeworth shook his head. "I don't have anyone to take over for me, and even if I did I'm currently waiting on my passport renewal. I can't fly anywhere."

"You're not going to be flying. You're going to be summoned. I still can't believe after all this time you cling to your disbelief in the occult. I vaguely remember you stalling for time during that trial while Phoenix was recovering. The entire case was based on channeling the souls of those that have passed.”

“I... in the years since I've been doing my best to try and wrap my head around a logical conclusion to that case that doesn't involve voodoo. I'll admit now that your appearance here has set back about ten years worth of work. Isn't there someone else who could go? Assuming you're not just pulling my leg? I'm incredibly busy.”

“Miles, you're as silly as you are handsome.” Mia gave a soft smile and shook her head. “I'm afraid that the arrangements have already been made, the decisions set. Like it or not, You're going to a fantastic land of magic and ponies." She laughed as he squirmed in his seat at the idea.

"Oh come off it Mia." Edgeworth scowled. "You must think I'm daft. Did Mr. Wright put you up to this? What would I even be doing in the land of goody goody ponies?"

"You'll be prosecuting their chief ruler on the charge she murdered her sister in cold blood." Mia smirked.

"...WHAT?!" Edgeworth sputtered again. "I thought you said I was going to ponyland?"

"Equestria actually, and it's not all sunshine and roses. You'll be met by the co-defense, Princess Twilight Sparkle, as well as your co-prosecution, Trixie Lulamoon. If you head over to Wright's office you'll find it empty. His team were summoned there earlier this evening. Take a look at the light blue unicorn. That's Trixie."

"You're not kidding are you?" He frowned. "Why am I prosecuting? I would think that working together with Phoenix would be the easier route to a not guilty verdict. If Phoenix is taking the case I'm going to assume almost immediately that she's at least not guilty of murder. Can't one of these ponies handle the prosecution?"

"Yes. You two could easily clear the princess, but you must not work together with Phoenix. You must challenge him, pull out every stop, use every dirty trick in the book. Do your best to slam the door on him. Every prosecutor that has faced him in court- learn their tricks. Do your very best to destroy him in court." Mia frowned and chewed her lip. "Phoenix needs and adversary that makes him think as hard as possible, see every angle. That's the only way."

"Only way for what? What are you talking about Mia?"

"I can't tell you any more than that Edgeworth. It's getting late, and I need to go back. Make some calls, go to Wright's office. Under his desk there's a small safe. Code 2-1-7-8-4. It has the pictures and all the details for his defense of Rainbow Dash."

"...Who?"

"Just look through it. I need to go now. When you see Celestia tell her... I'm sorry." Mia looked ready to cry.

"What? Wait Mia...!" Another blinding flash and Maya was once again sitting across from the chief prosecutor. "Ah. Maya. I see your back with me."

"Yes. Just..." She took a few breaths, her chest heaving. "Sorry that still takes a lot out of me. Now, I hope you understand the gravity of the situation."

"Yes. I'll need to make a few calls. Is there anything else you'll need tonight Miss Fey?"

"Just give me a bit of time to recover and I can see myself out. I can't help you any further than I already have. I wanted to try and prepare you."

"And I appreciate it. Thank you Maya." Edgeworth buried his hands in his palms. "How is it that no matter what happens, what bizarre situation crops up, Phoenix Wright is always at the middle of it?"

"Because, Miles, sometimes he's the only one that can make it right."

Comments ( 44 )

HOLY GOD! That was marvelous!

4866176 It is Miles not "Myles" Edgeworth.

Seeing this update is a pleasant surprise.

Oh my god, this story is still alive! It has been like, what? Half a year now?

"Because, Myles, sometimes he's the only one that can make it right."

First off, it's Miles not Myles. Second, this line is a much better play on Phoenix's name than the ones in Turnabout Storm.

Third, I had a strong feeling Trixie would be on the prosecution side again.

I'm intrigued by this story, since I'm playing EVERY case in Dual Destinies. I'll check it out now.

Now, I haven't read it, and won't for a while (my read later list being huge), but I ought to say; this is quite the task! Creating a sequel of sorts to one of the greats.
You must have a case that's as well thought out as the first, which will be really hard to pull off.
If you can do it, you'll gain my respect, even though it isn't much! :P

Well now, it's good to see your continuing this story.
We have Phoenix and Twi as the defense but we also have Miles and Trixie on the prosecution side. I wonder if Trixie will use this to get revenge on those two for her trial of Rainbow?

Sweet. Trixie will be getting some decent backup. Better make sure Gumshoe gets dragged along too - Edgeworth needs his own lancer.

Since this is taking place in the future, will you be taking into account Trixie's character development from the comics?

Awesome an update! I wonder who is responsible for Luna's murder? I have a few ideas in mind due to solar magic but not sure. Sunset Shimmer, for some reason despite being reformed, a changeling, maybe Chrysalis unless she's not the killing type, Mirror Celestia due to having a bone to pick with Celestia and going after Luna as revenge, though if so might have ended with her Luna dying simultaneously if the universe balance thing wasn't fixed, or someone with access to extremely powerful magic including dark magic, possibly the alicorn amulet added to it. Tirek's fire attack seems like solar magic, possible he found another way to escape if so despite being sealed again. Hmm...

This gives justice on Phoenix's personality... And somehow, I like the Renditions of the Ace Attorney characters so far.
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:
5/5 moustaches.!

Finally! How long has it been? Over six months?
Lovely chapter. :twilightsmile:

4866942

Yeah... life is busy. I have a wife, kids, job that takes me out of province for two weeks at a time etc. etc. I stopped promising regular updates to anything because I know it'll never be on time.

This is soooo good! And I bet that real life will hold you back from sharing your brilliance.
:pinkiegasp: There's going to be a cliffhanger, isn't there? And then a hiatus. :applecry:
Curse you lack of free time! :twilightangry2:

Oh good, your back. I was a little worried you canned this story when the guys behind Turnabout Storm reviled they were working on a written sequel of their own.

The only issue I have with the chapter is that the photo Edgeworth, Maya, and Pearls found was not the group photo with the mane six, it was Rainbow's blackmail photos, hence Edgeworth's comment about it being 'some kind of fetish'. Which would make things interesting ih he meets her and brings them up. Interesting because it would be followed by her hunting Pheonix down and beating the tar out of him for spreading the photos around.

Yay! This is not dead! ^^

This updated the day I finished Dual Destinies. Coincidence? I think not!

4868639 That's one issue I have with the scene between Maya/Mia and Edgeworth.

Squid-hoof, I hope you're prepared for a bunch of criticism here, because I'm not holding back.

The scene between Maya/Mia and Edgeworth grates on me for a number of reasons, one being the mistake that Quade pointed out. That's on the bottom of the list of reasons why it bugs me, though. More importantly, the interaction between them is just plain off. Maya and Mia are far too familiar when talking to Edgeworth, and vice-versa. Edgeworth always addresses Maya as 'Miss Fey', and the same goes for Mia. That's the kind of person he is - highly polite to everyone (except Phoenix and Franziska). Maya always calls him 'Mr. Edgeworth', and I believe Mia would do the same, if perhaps dropping the 'Mr.' now and again, as Phoenix does.

Also, Edgeworth disbelieving the spirit channeling strikes me as being off, too. I know you attempted to hand-wave it as Edgeworth trying to see a logical solution to what he saw, but after seeing Mia suddenly appear next to Phoenix after her death - on numerous occasions, I might add - I believe he'd be convinced that this is genuine.

The third thing that bugs me is the characterization of Maya and Edgeworth. Maya, here, is depicted as far too mature. I realize that this is set post DD, but that doesn't explain why she's being so formal around Edgeworth. Maya, in her letter to Phoenix, is portrayed as still being a spunky, cheerful young woman. Just because she's talking to Edgeworth instead of Phoenix, it wouldn't change her attitude that much. For Edgeworth, the fact that he's so reluctant to go against Phoenix in court smacks of serious OOC-ness. Edgeworth would never turn down, or be reluctant about, an opportunity to push Phoenix to his limits, in the effort to discover the truth. If you recall Turnabout for Tomorrow in DD, Edgeworth had just as much conviction as Phoenix, only in the role of a prosecutor rather than a lawyer.

Finally, the fact that Maya was able to 'arrange' someone to take over Edgeworth's job for a while broke my suspension of disbelief. Lest you forget, Edgeworth is the Chief Prosecutor of the whole flippin' city. There is no feasible way anyone would be convinced to take over, based on the word of some 'mystic' from a small-time village. Edgeworth would have had to make arrangements himself, unless Maya somehow managed to pay a lot of people off (which I doubt considering how small Kurain is).

TL;DR, the scene between Maya/Mia and Edgeworth needs some serious work done.

4872019

I respect your opinions but don't agree with all of them. If you can't enjoy the story due to that, thanks for giving it a try anyways!

Huh. That's cool. So it's gonna be the greatest court battle in equestrian history: Phoenix Wright and Twilight sparkle vs Miles Edgeworth and Trixie Lulamoon. That's really cool.

Actually, the dialog here is pretty cool. Seeing Celestia as the broken sister and not just the composed monarch, phoenix showing some maturity from his last adventure, setting the pieces, and establishing the time frame: After season 4. Actually, this must be important, if the only way to have phoenix win is to put his greatest rival on the other side of the court. Well, at the very least, they both seek the truth, but they approach it from 2 different viewpoints. The proof of innocence or guilt.

Also, is Maya going to end up in equestria this time? Or Pearl? After all, what's a crossover with Phoenix wright without the most famous female character in the franchise? Or just my own appeal. Let's see.

4877260 Maya will not be going to Equestria. While I do enjoy her character myself, going forward from the last two games, her time at Phoenix's side is over. That being said, that doesn't mean you won't see her again.

Huh. It's as if you were waiting for Twilight's tree to blow up before putting this chapter out.:trixieshiftright:

4869202 Actually, i just finished The main story of Dual Destinies today as well. This is kind of creeping me out...


I ship Apollo and Juniper so much...

I can't help but try and seek meaning for the code to the safe. It is one digit too short to be a date. The numbers are too small to represent letters. I am stumped.

4877673 What about pearly. You know, so she finds out about the pony suga mammas and the like.

And you doubted us Miles... you doubted us all.:ajsmug:

4899620 if you turn the numbers into letters, then it spells A A S T K, then if you scramble them up it spells TAASK. The case was a task that he was doing and the two A's look like pony ears.

5416977
That's pushing it too far. Random shuffling of data is not acceptable when looking for meaning.

5420555 Objection! You must look at this from all angles. If not we could never find the meaning of those numbers. Thus, this idea became valid.

4877673 When are you continuing this story, I mean even if you cancel it next time at least have Athena, Trucy, Phoenix against Apollo and Edgeworth in the epic battle that will always be LADDER VS. STEP LADDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd read it, it certainly looks good, but I'm only familiar with the first game's story, so I have a feeling that this will probably spoil the other games for me. Might be a while then...

unless celestia really did it or luna is alive and she knows it, I cant imagine celestia ever reacting this way to her sisters death.
she litterally just got her back, wating to morn her and move on? she should be scouring the countryside looking for who did it.

6419479

You have to remember that Celestia knows how to hide her emotions. Celestia could be really scared and worried and no one would know it. Just think of Celestia as a more moral version of Twilight, sunset, and starlight without their quirks.

Since twilight is a fairly new alicorn and when she get extremely neverous have her wings twitch a bit. Not enough for Phoenix to notice but apollo to.

I love it, please continue.

Amazing start that has me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next one.

0
0 #40 · Jul 18th, 2017 · · ·

Another amazing, dead story :fluttercry:

Are you done with this?

This story is awesome. Please continue.
Tl;dr UPDATE!!!!!!! :flutterrage:

DEAD :c

Sonata: Hey sean! Found another!
Me: good! Report this to elements of justice

Login or register to comment