• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 2,532 Views, 64 Comments

I am NOT a chicken. - Darkened Lightning Storm



Scootaloo is tired of her and her friends always getting picked on so she decides to take a stand.

  • ...
9
 64
 2,532

I am NOT a chicken

"Oh look here Silver Spoon! The little chicken and her friends are going to cry!"

Scootaloo felt anger, hate, and sadness swelled up inside of her as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon circled around Scootaloo and her friends like hungry tiger sharks. She'd have enough of it. The teasing and taunting were picking her apart at night so much that she'd hadn't slept in days, and as if it wasn't bad enough they always found another flaw Scootaloo or the other CMC members had and they shoved it in there faces and tied it in about how they were blank flanks. But lately Diamond Tiara had been picking on Scootaloo about how she couldn't fly. Scootaloo felt her anger bash into the walls of her restrain and everything was unleashed. She slammed her hoof down on the ground and flared her under-grown wings.

"Enough Diamond Tiara! It's one thing when you pick on me, but when you mess with my friends you cross the line! So you better... stop it!... Or else!" Scootaloo shouted and Diamond Tiara simply just snorted.

"Or else what? I mean, come on. What are you really going to do? Peck me to death?" Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon laughed.

"That wasn't even a good comeback!" Sweetie Belle said trying to back up her pegasus friend but Scootaloo simply just put a hoof on her unicorns friends shoulder and gave her a soft smile.

"Why don't you let me handle this girls. After all, I rather not have you guys get picked on because there's something wrong with me." Scootaloo told her friends as Apple Bloom trotted up and guided Sweetie Belle away from Scootaloo and the two bullies.

"Come on Sweetie Belle. If Scoots want's ta deal this on her own, we should let her." Apple Bloom glanced back and nodded at Scootaloo with a nervous smile as they trotted off. Scootaloo let out a sigh and turned around to face Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

"You wanna play rough? Fine, I'll play rough." Scootaloo glared at them as she took her attempt to get back at the two.

"Silver Spoon, I doubt you can even think for yourself. You constantly follow Diamond Tiara around so much that I bet 50 bits you wouldn't be able to last an hour on your own. As for you Diamond Tiara, I hope you realize your very special talent is being a stuck-up, snobbish, brat who gets whatever she wants." Scootaloo snarled at them, pure hate and anger dripping from her words like water dripping off of a melting icicle. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon backed up a few steps surprised in what the orange filly had said, there faces giving away the fact that no pony had ever really talked to them that way before. But Scootaloo wasn't done, oh no, she was just getting started.

"So what if I can't fly Diamond Tiara? At least I'm not hated by every pony in town; And I'm almost positive the only reason any pony would ever want to be your friend is because of your father. Now, take a second to get it through your big, stupid, head that I'm NOT a chicken or a dodo or an ostrich or whatever the heck you call me. My friends and I may be blank flanks, but that's nothing to be ashamed of. So if you call me or my friends any of those names again, I swear to Celestia I will punch you right across your snobby little faces." Scootaloo felt herself take a few steps towards the bullies, Silver Spoon had started to back up now scared of the fillies rage, but Diamond was getting tired of Scoootaloo acting like she had the upper hoof.

"I honestly doubt you'll do anything. I really don't care how tough you try to look, you'll always be a little, flightless, chicken and your friends will always be lame blank flanks." Diamond Tiara spat as Scootaloo almost went up in flames. Before she could stop and calm herself down, Scootalo rammed her hoof into Diamond Tiara's left eye, feeling it connect with her soft face. Scoots hadn't meant for the punch to be that hard, she just wanted it to be something to show she wasn't bluffing about her threat. Diamond Tiara stumbled back in shock and pain, tripping over her own hooves and falling backwards. She let out a wail of pain as Silver Spoon ran up to her shouting. Scootaloo stood there now soaking in what she had done as she looked down at her hoof, shuttering at the memory of the feeling. She saw a couple fillies had noticed this and started to trot over curiously, so she quickly jumped on her scooter and zipped off toward her clubhouse.

~~~~~

"Yah did what?!" Apple Bloom shouted at scootaloo who was quickly shutting all the blinds and locking the door.

"I just told you, I punched Diamond Tiara in the eye." Scootaloo sighed as she slouched down against the door and covered her eyes with her forehooves. Sweetie Belle trotted over next to the orange pegasus and sat down next to her.

"It's ok Scootaloo, we all get angry and sometimes it's hard to control ourselves when we're angry. " Sweetie belle told Scootaloo as Apple bloom trotted over and sat on the other side.

"Yeah, we all make mistakes. Ah'm sure in ah afew weeks every pony will have forgotten' 'bout this." Apple Bloom said as she pulled Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle in for a hug. The three sat there for awhile just hugging, everything else was silent. Scootaloo sniffled and gently pulled away.

"Thanks girls, I don't know what I'd do without you, but I might as well keep my face hidden for a day or two. Who knows what Diamond Tiara is planning now."

Author's Note:

This is going to be just a simple, two chapter story. I got the idea after Flight To The Finish came out but I had to much on my agenda to write it. But now, since I'm cancelling Sister's and Shot in the dark, I feel like I'll have a chance to write to finish this story. This is really just a preview, something to test the water. Let me know if I should write more!