• Published 15th Dec 2013
  • 1,917 Views, 34 Comments

Lost in Space - Sergeant Pepperton



For the first time in thousands of years since Princess Luna established a colony for her Children of the Night, Princess Luna plans to visit them once again. The catch? It's half-way across the galaxy, and it may not be easy to get home.

  • ...
6
 34
 1,917

Chapter I - Starstruck

"Twilight! Is it on yet is it on yet is it on?!"

Twilight chuckled slightly at the young filly as she galloped into her library's living room. "Not just yet, Scootaloo."

"Oh my gosh this is going to be so awesome!" Sweetie chirped. "I hope the princess will be alright, though..."

Apple Bloom gave a light scoff. "Of course she will be! They totally just stole the Falcon Enterprise last week with that cool Strombolian cloaking thing! They can just bypass all its hyper-velocity Type-III Railguns and swoop right in and-"

Applejack rolled her eyes. "Settle down, Crusaders... the show should be on any sec' now..." She then glanced at Apple Bloom oddly. "And sweet Celestia, you say you've been havin' trouble learnin' history but you can remember that little thing? Since when did you become such an... an..."

"Egghead?" Rainbow finished for her, grinning.

"Hey!" Apple Bloom pouted.

Applejack quickly shot her a glare. "I was going to say Science Fiction Enthusiast, thank you."

"Mine's two words less, though," Rainbow smirked.

"Shhhhh!" Scootaloo growled. "I think it's starting!

The radio then began to squawk:

"On this week's episode of SPACE WARS, TREKS IN SPACE! Will the evil Lord Saber's plans to release the Death Cube upon the hapless denizens of Happy World succeed? Will Luke Picard Haywalker and Solo Data rescue Princess Leia Righteous from the clutches of the EVIL MORG EMPIRE?! FIND OUT TODAY!"

The Crusaders leaned in eagerly towards Twilight's radio...

"Yeeeees!" they beamed.

"... After these short messages."

"OH COME ON!" Sweetie Belle cried.

"They always do this!" Scootaloo grumbled. "Right after they got done explaining how Photon Torpedoes work last time!"

"Proton* Torpedoes," Apple Bloom corrected.

She rolled her eyes. "Ugh, whatever, egghead!" Scootaloo pouted.

Rainbow smiled in approval. "That's my girl."

Scootaloo then scratched her chin. "Wait - they're actually called Quantum Torpedoes, aren't they?"

"Oh yeah!" Apple Bloom blinked.

"That's my girl," Twilight grinned.

"Cutie Mark Crusader Eggheads, Yay!"

"Ugh..." Rainbow moaned.

Twilight then shot her a smirk. "Want to tell me again how Daring Do climbed to the top of the Tower of Avalon."

She gave her a near offended look. "Twilight, I'm ashamed of you! It's the Tower of Kalikus, and she didn't climb to the top, she used her authentic Sandshield Bullwhip to- waiiiit a minute..." She then nearly facehoofed, as the group burst out into laughter. "Oh, darn it! What have I become?! I used to be so cool!"

"Darling, you really must keep up with the times," Rarity giggled.

"Wah?"

"Geekiness IS now coolness," Pinkie said, sticking her tongue out. "Everypony knows that!"

"Y-You mean... I'm still cool?" Rainbow squeaked, her eyes shimmering at her second chance.

The older of the group smirked at her.

"Well..." Applejack coughed.

"Erm..." Fluttershy peeped. "I mean... I'm sure you're still a little cool."

Rainbow's throat tightened in horror. "Just a little cool?!"

"Don't worry, Rainbow! You'll always be cool to me," Scootaloo smiled.

"R-Really?" Rainbow squeaked.

Twilight shot her another smirk. "Only if you can explain to me why Darth Saber is a more competent laser saber user than Colonel Jack O'Neighll, of course."

"WHAT?!" Rainbow gasped. "He doesn't even use one! He uses a P90 Laser Blaster! How could he be..." She then chuckled again. "Ooooh, I get it."

Twilight nodded in approval. "You will be one of us soon enough, padawan. At least you know your basics."

Rainbow Dash sighed in relief. "A new hope."

Just then, the announcer of Space Wars began to speak once again. "And now, the moment you've all been waiting for!"

"Yes?!" The Crusaders beamed, leaning closer to the radio yet again.

"The conclusion of the Space Wars Season I Story Arc!"

"YES?!" they beamed again, Rainbow Dash joining in.

"Right after this Special Canterlot News Bulletin!"

"NOOOOOOOOO!.!.!"

"Everyone, shush!" Applejack growled. "Twilight might need to hear this."

"B-But... Space Wars..." Apple Bloom squeaked.

"And pew pew pew..." Scootaloo continued.

"And me being totally awesome by bulking up on my geeky knowledge!" Rainbow said with puppy-dog eyes.

"Let's just see what the broadcast is about, first," Twlight sighed.

At that, the crusaders gave another murmur of disapproval, before silencing themselves.

"- I repeat! Princess Luna has taken a week's leave of absence from the throne! The leadership of Equestria will once again fall solely to Princess Celestia and Princess Celestia alone, as she has announced Princess Luna will be taking Princess Twilight Sparkle with her on a special mission as well!"

Spike scratched his head. "Special mission? With Luna?"

Twilight shot him a shrug, before leaning towards the radio again.

"-Though details of this have not been released, Princess Celestia has assured the public that everything is alright, and that this mission is one of peace! Stay tuned for further announcements."

The group gave a collective sigh of relief.

"Well, that's good," Applejack sighed. "I thought somethin' bad was goin' on."

"Mmm, my glass is still half-empty, though," Twilight gulped. "This sounds like some sort of diplomatic meeting... I-I've never done anything like that before!" Her eyes then flung wide open as they usually did when the purple unicorn's 'panic button' was pressed. "What if I make a mistake?! What if I make such a bad one that I start a war?! I COULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATHS OF THOUSANDS-"

"Fear not, Twilight Sparkle!" a dramatic, bombastic voice called from the heavens.

"Oooo! It's Princess Luna!" Scootaloo grinned.

Suddenly, with a brilliant, blue flash of light, Princess Luna teleported into the middle of the library, her wings still flapping as she did so.

"Behold, young ones! It is I, your Princess of the Night!" she proclaimed.

"Still hammin' it up, too," Rainbow Dash giggled to herself, earning an elbow from a Twilight. "Ouch! Hey!"

Twilight quickly trotted before her, smiling warmly. "Princess Luna! It's always nice to see yoOUUUU-"

She lost her breath as Luna knocked it out of her with one of her lung-destroying hugs.

"Twilight Sparkle! It has been such a long time since I've seen you on your relative lonesome. I do not believe I have said this as of yet, so may I say It is most pleasing to me you have been granted the GIFT OF FLIGHT, as well as your new influence in the realm of ROYALNESS!"

"Body... still somewhat delicate... Luna," she wheezed.

Luna let out a squeak of surprise, before releasing a gasping Twilight. "Oh, my apologies. You still have much strength to gain!"

Rarity smiled her way. "Well, you're delightfully jubilant, Princess Luna!"

"Yeah, at the coronation you seemed a little... sad," Applejack said.

Luna gave her a brilliant grin. "Dearest Applejack, your concern touches my heart. Though it may not have seemed it often, I was still saddened by... obvious issues." She then flung her hoof in a 'no-big-deal' gesture. "Yet now is a time for rejoice! With the fierceness of the tides, and the brilliance of a thousand stars, I have ERADICATED MY LINGERING DEPRESSION ONCE AND FOR ALL!"

As she finished, she noticed the group were clutching their ears.

"Um- Princess Luna..." Sweetie squeaked. "Your voice..."

"Oh, um- sorry," she whispered. "I really need to break my ROYAL CANTERLOT - I mean... Royal Canterlot Voice habit."

"It's alright," Fluttershy said softly. "You're just excited, that's all."

"Oooo - does she know about the new Space Wars, Treks in Space episode too?!" Scootaloo beamed.

Princess Luna gazed at her curiously. "Space... Wars? I do not understand."

"It's a radio show," Twilight said, nodding her head to the radio nearby. "It's actually pretty good. Are you into science fiction?"

"Wait! The show's coming on!" Sweetie beamed, as the three Crusaders (and Rainbow Dash) gathered around it.

"Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!" Apple Bloom bounced.

"But I still do not understand," Princess Luna blinked. "Why must one fight over something as large as the Great Beyond? There is so much space to waste!"

"I asked the same thing!" Twilight grunted.

Luna then shrugged. "Either way, I have something much more exciting than a radio show that beckons your FULL and UNDIVIDED attention!"

The Crusaders continued listening to the radio, grinning eagerly.

Luna sighed, glancing at them in an annoyed way.

"Everyone's... full and undivided attention."

... No response.

"That means you as well, glorious Crusaders of thy Talent Marks!" Luna beamed.

Scootaloo gave her an annoyed look. "Er, with all due respect, Princess Luna... could it wait?"

Luna shot her a smirk. "But thou art interested in science fiction, aren't you? What if you could take part in such a tale?!"

This grabbed the Crusader's attention.

"Huh?!"

"Er, Princess..." Applejack said, raising her eyebrows. "Are you talking about doing some sort of weird dream experiment or something?"

"Negative, dear Applejack," she beamed. "Your princess has a grand and glorious quest not just for Twilight, but EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM! Which is... quite coincidental."

"Why does that not strike me as odd for some reason," Rainbow shrugged.

"The quest or the coincidence?" Applejack asked.

"The coincidence."

Applejack thought to herself for a second, before shrugging as well. "Heh. I get your point."

"Annnyway," Apple Bloom smiled. "Watchu talkin' bout princess?"

"Yes, dear," Rarity said, clearing her throat. "Though I trust you completely, and though I would do anything for royalty - having my sister involved does complicate things."

Luna smiled her way. "I assure you both you and your sister will be completely safe in this endeavor."

"Mmmm..."

"Well, go on Princess Luna," Twilight said, still a bit of worry on her face. "T-Though... this isn't a diplomatic sort of thing, is it? Please tell me it's not - I still having gotten through Volume II of Griffin Cultural Integrity and-"

Princess Luna let forth an excited giggle. "Do not yield to fear and anxiety, dear Twilight. This is something I must teach you to overcome! For we will not be visiting any nations placed upon this sphere."

The entire group gazed at her in complete confusion.

Luna smirked. "The place we seek... IS BEYOOOOOND!"

And with a dramatic gesture of magic, she somehow made the roof of the tree-house to be transparent, and above shined her night sky.

"Woah! Awesome!" Rainbow smiled.

"Behold, the constellation of Pegasus!" Princess Luna grinned, gesturing in its particular direction. "Far yonder beyond the veil of heaven and atmosphere lies a world much like our own. And upon that world, nearly a millennium and a half ago, I, the Princess of the Night, established a single colony composed of her CHILDREN. OF. THE NIGHTTTT!"

"Dun dun dun!" Rainbow beamed, joining in.

"That wasn't supposed to be ominous, though!" Twilight mumbled.

"Whatever, it still worked," Rainbow chuckled.

"Wait a minute - what?!" Applejack gasped. "Princess... are you saying there are uh- other worlds out there? Worlds with ponies on them?!"

"Ooooooo!" Pinkie bounced. "How far are they?! Do they have fun there?! Do they have parties and DO THEY LIKE CUPCAKES?!"

"So far one's wings would take billions of years to take one there!" Princess Luna smiled.

"Pfft- no offense, but speak for yourself, princess," Rainbow grinned.

"Uh - there's no air in space, Rainbow," Spike said, rolling his eyes.

"I'll just hold my breath, then," she smirked.

"Ugh..." Spike groaned. "Even I know that won't work..."

"But what about the cupcakes?!" Pinkie squawked.

"And how are we supposed to get there?" Twilight asked. "Teleportation? There would be no possible way to accurately coordinate a teleport spell across that distance, let alone power it or take others with us or-"

Princess Luna shook her head, laughing jubilantly. "Like any true ponies, their delight for succulent sweets should still be UNFATHOMABLE!"

"Oooo, that's a lot," Pinkie nodded.

"And Twilight, while your points hold valid, there is something you do not know about," Luna grinned.

"Huh?" Twilight blinked, before face-hoofing. "Oh, of course! You can teleport that far, can't you? You must have mastered it by now!"

"Not quite," Luna winked. "Though you are close. While I can't transport us that far, there is something that can... I call it..." She took a deep, dramatic breath. "THE FARGATE!"

... Crickets chirped.

Princess Luna gave them an annoyed look. "Your enthusiasm is unpalpable."

"Er, what's a Fargate?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Oooooh! I get it! It's a gate that goes FAR!" Pinkie said, giggling to herself. "Isn't that funny?!"

"To be more specific," Luna said, nodding in approval the pink pony's way. "The Fargate is a device that was uncovered many years ago by my sister and I. It can be used to transport ponies and things incalculable distances and to specific points!" Luna gave a gulp. "During my... unfortunate time as Nightmare Moon, the device became lost, but after sheer luck, our glorious government has once again uncovered it!"

She began to dramatically pace around the room.

"Right now it sits in a facility far beneath Canterlot, just waiting to be used again!" she grinned, the group returning it with awe.

"W-We're gonna go to another planet?!" Apple Bloom said, her jaw dropping.

"On the other side of the galaxy?!" Sweetie spoke.

"To fight evil Imperial Morgs?!" Scootaloo said, standing on her hind-legs and punching the air before her. "This is gonna be sweeeeeet!"

Luna raised an eyebrow, coughing. "Er- yes, quite so! Everything but the last part!"

"Awwwww..."

"Woah, hang on there," Applejack grunted, trotting between them and the princess. "First of all, why and the world do you need all of us?"

"Including my dear sister?" Rarity grunted skeptically, trotting between them as well.

"Pfffft - I'm down," Rainbow smirked. "You down, Scoots?"

"Heck yeah!"

"Rainbow!" Rarity and Applejack growled. "Don't be such a bad influence!"

Twilight raised a hoof. "They do raise a point... what is the- erm... point of doing all of this aside from a visit?" she asked politely.

"Isn't it obvious?" Luna said. "Do you all doubt yourselves so much?!"

"Well... not often," Rainbow said sheepishly.

Luna chuckled incredulously, and then dashed in front of Twilight, Fluttershy, and Pinkie. "The Elements of Laughter, Magic, and Kindness!" She then gestured to the other elements. "And you, Loyalty, Generosity, and Honesty! Not only have you freed me from the nightmare that stole my life, but you have proven yourself to be valiant warriors time and time again!" She then smiled proudly. "And valiant friends."

"Awwww!" The Crusaders cooed.

She then beamed down at the Crusaders. "And you three! Such tenacity. Such determination! When my sister told me of you I could not have been prouder! Bravery, integrity, and work-ethic! I would expect nothing less from the sisters of the Elements," She then smiled warmly at Scootaloo. "And the daughter of such a valiant warrior."

Scootaloo's eyes nearly began to tear up. "T-Thank you, Princess."

Spike then let loose a cough. "Erm..."

The princess smirked. "Ah, and who can forget the noble dragon - one who overcame his own kind's impulses - one who saved the Crystal Empire! One who helps keep Princess Sparkle such an efficient pony!"

Twilight blushed fiercely. "T-Thanks as well, Luna."

"And thank you!" Spike said, gripping her legs in a hug. "Do you know how often I get praise? Like - less often than one of your blue moons!"

"Of course, noble dragon!" Luna bounced. "But don't you see what you all are? You represent what makes Equestria grand! What our young should aspire for, and what our older ones should as well!" She then sighed. "When I established the colony, I could not make such a statement about anyone. We were a battered, bruised people. Dignity was gone, hope was dwindling...."

The group gave her a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry you had to go through with that, Princess," Fluttershy squeaked.

Luna gave her a nod of thanks, before continuing. "But now, rejoice! Equestria is once again the beacon of beauty of this world! A melting pot of different cultures all culminating to make something deliciously wondrous! And it's an element of this beacon I hope to show my dear Children of the Night!" She swallowed hard. "I... have certain things to make up to them, and I want to show them that we have recovered. That they are not alone. I want to show them parts of our culture, of two generation's cultures, and of our best. That is why I wish all of you to come with me! Twilight, you shall come to help me secure official diplomatic relations with them. The rest of you shall provide moral support and show my colonists what our nation is all about! Interact with them! Have a 'fun' time! It shall be grand, won't it?"

Applejack considered it for a second, before slowly nodding. "Well uh - as long as there won't be any danger..."

"And that we can return safely," Rarity smiled. "Honestly, the chance of showing off my fashion line to a completely unbiased an unexposed people is... well... invigorating."

"And to study a culture out of the text-books?" Twilight said, her voice gaining excitement. "I could... I could write the text-book!"

"Oooo, I wonder what kind of sports they have?" Rainbow grinned.

"And shows!" Sweetie squeaked.

"And food!" Pinkie bounced.

"And... gems," Spike said, licking his lips.

"And cute little critters," Fluttershy said softly. "I mean... if I'm feeling brave enough..."

"They have a great variety of strange, yet adorable animals," Luna smiled. "You shall enjoy yourself, dear Fluttershy! I guarantee it!"

"Oh... um..." Fluttershy said, smiling slightly. "Yay."

"Heh. Well, I think you have us sold, princess," Twilight said, winking. "So... when do we leave?"

Princess Luna grinned widely. "In four hours, dear Twilight! I have a flotilla of chariots ready for us! PREPARE THYSELVES FOR ADVENTURE!.!.!"

The group gripped their ears again.

"And maybe for deafness," Rainbow winced.

And Luna simpered fiercely.

Comments ( 10 )
huh

"On this week's episode of SPACE WARS, TREKS IN SPACE! Will the evil Lord Saber's plans to release the Death Cube upon the hapless denizens of Happy World succeed? Will Luke Picard Haywalker and Solo Data rescue Princess Leia Righteous from the clutches of the EVIL MORG EMPIRE?! FIND OUT TODAY!"

I can't stop laughing at the silliness of this

:rainbowlaugh: this is great! i nearly pissed myself laughing at some parts. Now I'm stuck with a stupid grin on my face

Damn you write Luna well. This is awesome! :twilightsmile:

Oh my gosh this is super awesome and funny, all the mashing of Sci-fi things :pinkiehappy: can't stop laughing :rainbowlaugh:

So. Many. Refrences. I am looking forward to the next chapter.:rainbowlaugh:

You have single-handedly mashed some of the most well known sci-fi into one deliciously humorous concoction. Bravo my dear fellow.

And..... nearly 10 months of silence. You there?

It looks interesting. It's a pity that it doesn't update.

Hi here Is A Private Messege I Just sent to you yesterday...http://www.fimfiction.net/manage_user/messages/9076571

Login or register to comment