• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 1,021 Views, 164 Comments

Lightning Storm's story. - Darkened Lightning Storm



Join Lightning Storm as she takes the challenges of life head on.

  • ...
9
 164
 1,021

Jenny

Lightning Banged her head against the wall as she looked over at the pony standing next to her. The pony had a dark grey coat, a black mane with a grey stripe running through it, and icy, dark blue eyes.

"Give it up lightning. Your not good enough. You'll never be good enough." The mare smiled as Lightning rested her head against the walled and brought her hoof to her forehead.

"nnng... I think my heads bleeding...." She sighed and stumbled past the mare, getting tripped by her and falling against the ground. Slowly and shakily, Lightning stood back up, glared at her, and continued to drag herself towards the bathroom. Rainbow Dash had gone with Applejack to Canterlot from some reason Lightning couldn't remember at the moment and Lowell was hanging around with some of the stallions. Lightning was left alone to do taxes and paperwork (like always). But she didn't mind, it never bothered her, at least, that's what she told herself. She didn't mind having to do all the hard work in the family, as long as they were comfortable she didn't care, all she wanted was Rainbow, Red, and Scootaloo to be happy. Lightning forced back tears as she grabbed a rag and wet it, putting it up to her head and then started looking around for Band-Aids in the drawer. Finally, she found a couple and gently put them of the place where she had busted her head. As she walked out of bathroom, she saw the black and white reflection of her waiting in the hall, sitting on her haunches and leaning against the wall.

"Aw, are you going to cry?" she smirked. Lightning simply attempted to ignore the pony as she trotted past her and back towards the office, hearing the ponies voice call out to her again "Aren't you tired of this? It's pathetic. They're making you do all of their work while they run off and have fun. Isn't it bad enough the ESPS is shoving missions down your throat while you have piles of paperwork taller than you are when you are when you stand on your haunches? Lightning, you're only one pony, not twenty."

"Jenny, shut up. You're only trying to make me angry."

"Oh Megan, you already are angry. You just don't realize it. They're taking advantage of yo-"

"No they're not." Lightning spun around and stomped her hoof. "Enough of this 'They're using me' bullshit. I signed up for this damn job and I'm going to do it whether you like it or not. You don't control me Jenny, I fucking control myself."

"Fine then, sorry for trying to help you for once in your life!"

"You're not trying to help me, you're trying to ruin my life! You always are!"

"No Lightning, I'm actually trying to help you this time!"

"And why the fuck should I believe you?!"

"Because I am you."

Then there was silence between the two. Nether spoke a word, they just held there stares at each other. Lightning didn't know how to respond. Should she just walk away? Or should she disagree?

"You're not me. You're just a figment of my imagination. You're an imaginary friend that I've kept for too long."

"Lightning, I'm real, and you know good as hell that I am."

"Good as hell? Never heard that before."

"Buck off."

"Then leave me alone before I find a way to get rid of you." Lightning trotted toward the office, but Jenny blocked her path.

"Go take a break. Now. You need one."

"Jenny, get out of my way."

"No."

"Jenny! Move!" Lightning barked at her like a drill sergeant and what happened next she couldn't quiet place right awat, at first she thought Jenny had pushed her because she fell over but then felt an extreme amount of pain in her muzzle and looked down to see blood everywhere. Jenny had socked her right in the nose.

"Have a nice rest, Megan. Take the break you deserve.." Lightning heard as she blacked out


Lightning woke up on the couch with a throbbing muzzle and a concerned Rainbow Dash looking down at her. She moaned and spoke in a cracky, raspy voice.

"What are you doing here..."

"I got back from my trip yesterday... I found you passed out on the ground with your head in a pool of... I thought you were dead... I flew you to the hospital so fast I swear I almost cause a Sonic Rainboom..."

"Wha... Wait wait... you were gone for five days right...?"

"Yeah..."

"I've been out for 3 days... I think..." LS winced as she went up to touch her nose and RD swatted her hoof away.

"Don't touch it featherbrain. Somepony shattered it...it's broken in four different places and the doctors were surprised that it wasn't smashed through your skull... Who did that..?"

"I... I don't know... " Lightning looked away from Rainbow as she said that, making it was obvious she was lying but Rainbow didn't catch on.

"Well whoever they are, I'm going to kill them." Rainbow Glared at something and then sat down on the ground, next to the couch that LS had been resting on. Dash then leaned forward and nuzzled her gently. "I'm glad to see you're ok though.."

"Yeah.. I'm glad you made it home safely.."

The two talked for a little while till Rainbow decided to crawl up on the couch with her. The two cuddled for awhile and then soon fell asleep. Lightning smiled as she watched her Fiancée sleep, she always felt safe around Rainbow Dash. Like nothing could hurt her as long as she had Rainbow and Rainbow had her. she nuzzled Dash, and even though she almost cried from the pain, and buried her face into the warm ponies chest, soon drifting off to the warmth from the cyan Pegasus and the feeling of soft feathers wrap around her.

Author's Note:

Final-fucking-ly this is out! Sorry it took so long! Grammar errors excepted cause I suck and I was rushing to get this done and over with!