• Published 17th Dec 2013
  • 1,076 Views, 128 Comments

Day to day - Elderly



A new colt has arrived in ponyville and there not a person who knows what he is but himself. Years of him living on his own has led him to creating his own lies and believing them.

  • ...
1
 128
 1,076

A second Ice(To be revised)

Author's Note:

As all of you that have been reading this since I first started know, it doesn't normally take me a long time to get another chapter up. I understand that this one has taken much longer than normal. While this chapter hasn't been edited, I am ready to post this very short chapter for you to read. I originally planned for it to be a good 3,000 words or so but don't want to continue on as it limits my further choices that I will make in the creation of this work in progress. Here you go, I will be putting the edited version up as soon as possible. Enjoy!

Ice found himself back in the dream room. The stars were brighter than ever and shone with new hazes. The darkness was lighter and had a more vibrant blue to it. The starts only one color, a new pitch black. Behind him you would see the sun lowering, giving way to a moon that shown brighter then ever before. On it could be seen the shape of a pony. The stars stared to grow and then moon dimmed. The room gave way to a new kind of black the seemed to have only one purpose. To conceal.

A silent flutter could be heard across the small room and a dark figure stood in-front of Ice Drop. Her hair shown small stars of it's own. She wore a breast plate made of a black metal. It on it's own would be enough to light the room if their were any light to reflect from it. She took her first step toward Ice and bent down. " Hello there little one." Her horn started to glow and her full features were shown by the light emanating from it." I see that you have made it here for the second time." She started to look around, as if trying to find somepony and whispered." Do you know where you are?"

Ice Drop looked straight up at her." Im in my dream. Am I not?"

"Well yes, you are dreaming but no. You are in my personal domain. Here, in this... room, is where I can view all the dreams of the ponies sleeping." She took a few steps to get closer to Ice Drop and a wall formed in-front of Ice Drop. It glowed a white color but just faded to black." I have never seen one of you dreams. Have you ever dreamt before Ice Drop?" Ice stepped back.

"How do you know my name?"

" I know every ponies name."

" How?"

" I am the princess. I need to know all the names of mine and my sisters subjects."

" Your, a princess?" She giggled.

" Yes, I am Princess Luna. I am Celestias sister. We rule over Equestria together and work together to create day and night. Celestia raises the son sun while I raise the moon. Now, have you ever had a dream before?" She gave him a questioning look.

" Of course I have. I had a dream two weeks ago and I was in this room."

" I know of that but that was not a dream. That was your mind guiding you on a direction that led you to where you are now. I know you have never had a real dream that you are capable of remembering. You were never much of a dreamer to begin with. When you last came to this place, you saw a fake memory of you dad. Do you know where your dad actually is, because he certainly isn't dead.

Ice looked down below the stars that were at his feet. So far away, yet so easily covered up by something you can control. " I don't know where he is. He left me on my own so I have no care for where he is."

Luna again looked puzzled. " He left you? And you don't care about him?

" After my mom died, he left me on my own. I waited for days but he never came back. I don't care about him because he didn't care enough about me to stay with me when I needed him the most. I don't ever want to see him again."

Luna looked abashed " Come with me Ice Drop. I will show you what happened that day." Luna started flying and went straight through the ceiling. Ice followed shortly after her. When he meet the top, he too went through it but felt a sickening feeling go through him. A large white space formed in front of Luna and she flew into it. Ice Drop had finally found the place that she was just in. He stuck his hoof into the white space and it rippled just like a puddle of water would. The white area seemed to absorb him and he felt that his body was shrinking as he went through.

When he came to, he was next to Luna who was blankly staring at the Ice Drop in Ice's memory. The room was made of ice and so were the furnishings. There was a bed made of what they called soft ice and a chest at the end that looked like it might have taken a large amount of time to create. On the bed there was a small lump that was to dark to be any of the coverings.

There he was, sitting in the bed that his mom died. He didn't exactly understand what death was at the time but he was lost to the fact that he would never be able to see his mom again. His dad wan't there and Ice Drop looked worried. This was the fifth day that he had been secluded from everypony else. He hadn't seen his dad and there was no longer any food for the colt to eat. He was forced from his own home by his dads lack of responsibility.

The young colt removed himself from the bed. Under him was a large imprint of where he had been laying. He clearly hadn't moved in a while. Tears were coming from Ice Drops eyes and he grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil from the stand beside his bed. He moved to the front of the room near the door and started writing on the sheet. As he wrote tears streamed from his eyes.

The rooms started to fade from the actual Ice Drops view. He remembered the night that this event had occurred. Three years wasn't long enough to forget. He could remember how tired he was since he hadn't been able to sleep. He could remember how hurt he been when his mom died and his dad just vanished.

The room started glowing with stars and galaxies as the memory faded. Luna turned to him with a sad look on her." I can only imagine how you felt when this occurred. This must have been... tragic." Ice Drop just looked away from her. "He did not leave you as you so believe he did." Ice Drops eyes flew wide.

" If he didn't leave me then what was it that he did?" Ice Drops voice quivered as he spoke.