• Published 15th Dec 2013
  • 4,700 Views, 54 Comments

Love & Entropy - DraconequusMaximus



Spike realizes Rarity isn't for him 10 years into the show's timeline. Deciding that he needs to get away from everything he decides to put his new wings to work as he searches for something to complete him. What he finds is not what he

  • ...
23
 54
 4,700

Bonding Tour

Twilight had drug Spike out of bed much earlier than he was used to. Spike, to counteract the boredom of giving his adoptive mother a tour did the same to Discord. She was using her phenomenal magic prowess (& nagging ability) to get them to take her on a tour of the lost city. Discord objected a bit but Spike convinced him it was a prime chance to show off to his mother. The tour began directly in front of the palace.

"Whoa, I've never seen a crystal like this before." She said with wide eyes as she ran up to the glowing gem fountain in the square.

"Yes, those are my own creation. I combined many different chemicals & compounds in trying to get the perfect result. I then realized I don't know anything about chemistry & magicked them out of ordinary rocks." Discord said as he picked up a pebble from the ground, altering it to prove his story. He then handed it to Twilight who accepted it with a look of wonder.

"Do you know how long it's supposed to take to create crystal? Even with magic? Or how much energy it would take?" She said seemingly befuddled by Discord's near effortless bending of natural & magical law.

"No? I'm not a scientist Twilight Sparkle. I'm a wizard. If you want to know about history or magic, I'm your guy. But geology isn't my forte." Discord said shrugging at the question.

"You don't even know how you did that? That's impossible! You shouldn't be able to manipulate things that easily even if you did!" Twilight was beginning to become frazzled as she sometimes did.

"I'm the most powerful practitioner of magic I know, as long as I know what I want I can usually make it happen. But there are some things no one was meant to do, & those are where I draw the line. But I've never really questioned my power's limits & I'll admit I'm afraid to find out." Discord said as he flip flopped the stone between crystal & stone. Hearing Discord say he was going to be responsible with his powers in his own backwards way was enough to ease Twilight's nerves a little.

The trio continued through the city as Discord explained everything. He revealed that the unusual architecture was a mash up of every culture that had ever existed on earth until it was built to make anyone who found themselves here feel a little more welcome. He even introduced Twilight to city officials of various races who told her of life in Discord's city. Most were quite happy with everything & simply said:

"It's perfectly imperfect." Which appeared to be the motto of the place.

Their tour took several hours as Discord agreed not to simply teleport them everywhere. The tour ended with a trip to the surface to the impossible forest via the new lift. They soon arrived topside where Twilight surveyed the chasm in disbelief.

"It looks like you took a massive scalpel & cut an incision into the ground & it opened like flesh. It's even smooth except for the marks in the middle! How'd you do it?" Twilight asked having not learned her lesson from earlier.

"I made myself big & ripped it open with my hands." Discord said while doing jazz hands.

"No. That's even more unbelievable than the crystal!" Twilight said slightly angrily while poking him with a hoof. Discord rolled his eyes & snapped his fingers & seemingly vanished. Spike & Twilight looked around in confusion. Suddenly the clouds in the sky parted revealing an enormous yellow eye with a red pupil staring down at them. There was a loud sound that shook the earth itself & Discord was back in his former place.

"Any other complaints?" He said smiling. The alicorn & dragon could only nod negative.

"Good! Then let's go see the fruit trees!" Discord said excitedly. His surprised purple companions merely followed him into the forest of blue & white pine trees. Discord stopped at a particularly healthy looking tree & plucked a pink pumpkin like fruit from it & tossed it to Twilight.

"This is the only export of the lost city, although we don't trade with anyone currently but whatever. This is an impossible tree, The wood is oak but white, the needles are pine but blue, & the fruit are little pink pumpkins with mystery flavors." discord said with pride. Twilight examined the fruit & tree questioningly but Spike motioned for her to eat it. She took a bite & immediately her expression became followed by revulsion.

"Blech, I hate sauerkraut! Why give me a sauerkraut fruit?" Twilight said as she tried to get the taste off her tongue.

"They don't have any flavor until you eat them, you never know what it'll be. My first one was bacon." Spike said slightly amused at her misfortune. He plucked another from a tree & handed it to her. She warily accepted it & took a small bite. Her eyes widened in surprise & she happily began munching away on the rest.

"That tasted exactly like chocolate chip cookies! These are amazing! Are they good for you?" Twilight asked turning to an obviously pleased Discord.

"They have all the same nutrition as an orange. I have no idea why oranges but as long as they keep the city well fed I suppose it doesn't matter." He said looking at the chasm.

"Discord would you be interested in opening trade with Equestria? These would be a huge success back home. We'd provide the city with goods you can't get around here & money to help the city grow by itself without as much magic." Twilight said looking up at the draconequus hopefully. Discord considered this for a moment while he ran his talon like hand down his beard a few times.

"The people are happy but more come every year & families are having children. They need to have room to grow & money to support themselves. I'll do it for them as long as you handle the trade agreements between us & Equestria Twilight Sparkle. The royal sisters are still a bit wary of me." Discord said with a little embarrassment toward the end.

"I'd be honored to. But what's the actual name of this place? This was unoccupied territory before so it's never had a name. If we're opening trade relations it needs country status & a name." Twilight stated in an official tone. Discord was good at magic but not politics & as such was getting nervous as he was unable to come up with something on the spot.

"This is Thuban the capital city of the newly founded Chimera Kingdom." Spike said surprising both the alicorn & draconequus.

"Yes, what he said." Discord said as he regained his composure & attempted to look calm & collected.

"Right then, this is probably going to take awhile to sort out & explain to Celestia & Luna so I should go. Is it alright if I take some fruit back to help reinforce the idea to them?" Twilight asked. No sooner then she had said it a large fruit basket full of the impossible fruit appeared on her back courtesy of Discord's magic hands. Goodbyes were said & Twilight pulled Spike into a big hug & told him she would be back in about a month & for him to write more often. To both serpentine figure's surprise Discord received a hug as well. He was told to take good care of her son. Discord's worries melted away at these words & he pinkie swore he would do so. Twilight teleported off to Canterlot leaving the two alone. they shared a kiss knowing they were becoming closer. The two stayed there for a moment before sending the lift back down & teleporting back to the castle to rest, for big changes were on their way to their home. But they were ready to face them, together.

Author's Note:

Not over just yet. Who thinks I should give them a kid? I already have one designed & before you say how, MAGIC. deal with it.